Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (81835 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 5:45am On Mar 24, 2015
retsonbiz:
Unfortunately you sound like a child struggling to understand monetary economics.....If you are old enough, I dare ask you, how did Ghana do it?

This is possible within months, governmental policies and structural economic realignment is necessary.

GHANA That our currency is still stronger than even with the recent fall in oil price and devaluation of Naira.
Go and get ur fact right.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Werehkpe: 5:46am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...

MY First question is DID YOU READ THE STORY AT ALL?

There is no is where in that article that Buhari is quoted to have said what Vanguard is claiming he said.

Problem with Nigerians is we ONLY READ HEADLINES

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 5:50am On Mar 24, 2015
Seriously, Nigerians find it hard to comprehend and or even read at all. Please can someone point out where he made mention of making Naira equal to Dollars from his quotes Why do we Nigerians run commentaries from TOPICS instead of from the main body of the article? It's just too sad and bad that politics and hate has turned us this way. Please guys, let's try to re-check his quotes again. I believe that no matter how desperate GMB is, he won't make such statement because he knows it ain't achievable.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Cwhyte(m): 6:08am On Mar 24, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Are you serious Your speech just gave you off as someone who lacks complete understanding of Economics>

Illiteracy no be moi moi oh!! Ha! So if someone tells you he will equate the value to the dollar you would just swallow it hook line and sinker??
What were you doing when others were attending Economics class??

For the Naira to be equal to the dollar, you would need to see our dollar reserve rate go to something like a trillion dollars!! Even with 20 years of 20% economic growth rate, we would probably not be there!!

Now the bigger lesson for you is that a very strong Naira is not good for our country especially if you want to produce goods and export competitively..
Now let me explain that to you:
A bag of Dangote cement sells for 1500 Naira.
When the dollar was 160 Naira, that bag of cement was equal to $9.
At the new rate of 215 Naira, that same bag of cement is now equal to $7.
That means if Dangote wants to sell his cement in Albania, he has a better price point than he would have had 5 months ago.

Now imagine the Naira is exchanging at 5 Naira to a dollar.
That same bag of cement would now be equal to $300. Where on planet earth would he be able to sell his bag of cement at that price??

Any country that desires to produce and export to the rest of the globe, prays for a weaker currency to allow its goods better pricing amongst competitors. If Buhari understands economics, he will never pray for a very strong Naira except of course he wants us to keep importing everything!!

I know you are trying to make a point, but that calculations you got up there is lame.
The stronger the Naira the cheaper the prices of commodities.
As at the time 5 Naira would be exchanged for 1 dollar, the prices of cement would have dropped to about N45, so Dangote would still get $9 dollar return.

Don't just know economics, know maths too.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ajalaolanr(m): 6:09am On Mar 24, 2015
On the other hand, there are ways to revalue the currency of a Nation, Ghana did it and thats why their currency has more value than the Naira. Charles Soludo wanted to do it but the FGN at the time kicked against it. Don't criticise Buhari yet, instead ask him how? I was quick to make a comment saying it was a desperate move, but no, it is not. It can be done. It's called revaluation.

Please read below.

Currency Revaluation
The active decision of a government to increase or decrease the value of its own currency in relation to other currencies. Revaluation occurs exclusively in fixed currencies, when the currency in question is pegged to another currency. A government generally revalues its own currency when it wishes to make adjustments to its peg to another currency. If the revaluation is a devaluation, it makes the country's exports less expensive in foreign markets.
Farlex Financial Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All Rights Reserved

So it is doable and for a non exporting nation like Nigeria, we really do not need our Naira been devalued, we actually need it to be revalued. If we were an exporting nation of goods, merchandise and services, devaluation may favor us as it will promote sales and demand of our local export products.

But alas, we do not manufacture nada!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:10am On Mar 24, 2015
balladin:

Did he really say that? Shame on you Buhari. Tufia! May you never smell Aso rock.

Did you really read the news? Please point to me where he said that he will make naira equal in value to dollar?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 24, 2015
mickey45:

I agree with u, but I want to believe not all of them would've escaped If Soludo himself oversaw the wholeshow given his position then. At least not those who were not cowtowing to Obasanjo's whims then. Obasanjo for one know's how to pick his fights just as it would've been fool hardy trying to shield patricia Etteh etc.Backthen.
A few ultraconnected Ones would still scale through but a great many would feel the brunt too.

na still solidified go help dem escape am
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by vega84(m): 6:13am On Mar 24, 2015
Hahahaha, another political promise mr GMB, pls tell us has u are gonna do that magic. Is it that u dnt understand GDP? Or economy levels or wat? Kia this broom people self ur desperation is is to high. #vegatalks#
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Omooba77: 6:15am On Mar 24, 2015
Werehkpe:

[size=13pt]PLEASE WHERE DID HE SAY HE WILL MAKE THE DOLLAR EQUAL TO THE NAIRA? Its all these fake headlines that have helped put us in this present mess.

VANGUARD SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THIS HEADLINE AND EVEN SUED[/size]

Check the Cable online news sir.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:18am On Mar 24, 2015
manny4life:

I asked for Soludo's presentation and you referenced someone's blog, by their own content; their own words and understanding and you want to misguide me as well as others this is what Soludo suggested? Biko, go get me something noteworthy, then I will comment. For now, you're floating, don't forget to let me know when you land.

Besides, I have asked numerously, on what basis? Favorable or unfavorable conditions? This is why I asked to see Soludo's presentation (I know him as someone who argues with fact).

I should show you the presentation? Please, you know he said it. Google Soludo's redenomination. You will see a lot of blogs carried it. Are you saying they were all mad?

It shows that if Maj. Gen. Buhari said such, he is not such an illiterate as you guys are saying.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:21am On Mar 24, 2015
patmaine:

go and study Ghana economy since the revaluation...it's worse. didn't work for them..

the exchange rate is favorable to Nigerian produced item....with the recent emergence of Nigerian in d agriculture sector..it 'll be favorable to Nigerian exporters and subsequently Nigerian economy..because more people will be inspired to export..earning foreign exchange..

Ask companies like ibeto who export motor batteries to the USA. I am sure he 'll surely 've increased patronage because Nigerian products will be cheap in the international market...

Ask companies like innoson technical company. they 'll tell you thr plastic and vehicles now 've much international patronage...

u na a pc too dull joor

If you are criticising that revaluation of the naira will not work, it is a different thing. But, most of you are saying the general is an illiterate and he does not know what he is saying.

That is not true because even a Professor of Economics feels it is possible.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Kirinwa: 6:22am On Mar 24, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Are you serious Your speech just gave you off as someone who lacks complete understanding of Economics>

Illiteracy no be moi moi oh!! Ha! So if someone tells you he will equate the value to the dollar you would just swallow it hook line and sinker??
What were you doing when others were attending Economics class??

For the Naira to be equal to the dollar, you would need to see our dollar reserve rate go to something like a trillion dollars!! Even with 20 years of 20% economic growth rate, we would probably not be there!!

Now the bigger lesson for you is that a very strong Naira is not good for our country especially if you want to produce goods and export competitively..
Now let me explain that to you:
A bag of Dangote cement sells for 1500 Naira.
When the dollar was 160 Naira, that bag of cement was equal to $9.
At the new rate of 215 Naira, that same bag of cement is now equal to $7.
That means if Dangote wants to sell his cement in Albania, he has a better price point than he would have had 5 months ago.

Now imagine the Naira is exchanging at 5 Naira to a dollar.
That same bag of cement would now be equal to $300. Where on planet earth would he be able to sell his bag of cement at that price??

Any country that desires to produce and export to the rest of the globe, prays for a weaker currency to allow its goods better pricing amongst competitors. If Buhari understands economics, he will never pray for a very strong Naira except of course he wants us to keep importing everything!!

So because of people like Dangote we should be praying for a weaker economy abi? Intelligence does not equate common sense. With this your logic, one day #1000 will buy 1 sachet of pure water.

Ask China how they got to where they are now.
We must look inwards. Self sufficiency is the key. Too much dependency on America and our politicians going abroad over small issues like headache must stop. Their allowances must be slashed and corruption must be a purnishable offence to prevent excessive buying of choice houses abroad and opening swiss accounts here and there.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by highmood(m): 6:24am On Mar 24, 2015
Articul8:
Rather,u'r d illiterate here.Can u read @ all? Read d caption and read the body and c d difference.Ppl like u fail easily and claim u read hard 4 d exam.Shame on u!!!
and on ur family. No matter what u think, it is not a surprise if his intention was not clearly stated. Have you forgetting this same man had said he will stabilize the price of oil or something similar? Or now you think he could not have said so? You gullible bushy animal that went to Cambridge university.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:24am On Mar 24, 2015
ajalaolanr:
On the other hand, there are ways to revalue the currency of a Nation, Ghana did it and thats why their currency has more value than the Naira. Charles Soludo wanted to do it but the FGN at the time kicked against it. Don't criticise Buhari yet, instead ask him how? I was quick to make a comment saying it was a desperate move, but no, it is not. It can be done. It's called revaluation.

Please read below.

Currency Revaluation
The active decision of a government to increase or decrease the value of its own currency in relation to other currencies. Revaluation occurs exclusively in fixed currencies, when the currency in question is pegged to another currency. A government generally revalues its own currency when it wishes to make adjustments to its peg to another currency. If the revaluation is a devaluation, it makes the country's exports less expensive in foreign markets.
Farlex Financial Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All Rights Reserved

So it is doable and for a non exporting nation like Nigeria, we really do not need our Naira been devalued, we actually need it to be revalued. If we were an exporting nation of goods, merchandise and services, devaluation may favor us as it will promote sales and demand of our local export products.

But alas, we do not manufacture nada!

Thank you. Most people shouting it is impossible and General Buhari is an illiterate are even the true illiterates.

It is doable. Simple and short.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by anwo247: 6:26am On Mar 24, 2015
Buhari is a fool. Now I have verified this guy never sat for any WAEC exam at all.

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:28am On Mar 24, 2015
Pavarottii:

GHANA That our currency is still stronger than even with the recent fall in oil price and devaluation of Naira.
Go and get ur fact right.

I do not get your point. 1 Ghana Cedi equals to 53.08 naira.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:33am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
I am still waiting for one of you Buhari lovers to tell me what he will do??

- Saying he will do it without an explanation is not an answer.

- Saying stolen money would fix it is not an answer. That is false.

Tell me the actual tactic he will use. Will he increase interest rates? Will he still dollars and buy up naira?

Use intelligence to respond. I will be waiting

The Central Bank Governor, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, recently unveiled a plan to revert the naira to its pre-1986 value. Prof. Soludo said among other thing that #20 will become the country's highest denomination against #1000 which is currently the highest. Doing this will put the naira at about #1.25 to American (U.S) dollar and invariably transform the naira into a world class currency, and become West African's common currency by 2009.
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/hakeem-babalola/redenomination-or-redomination-give-soludo-a-chance.htm
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 24, 2015
Person wen nor pass maths for waec, how's he meant toknow a thing about economics?..smh

Omooba77:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by FOREXMARTS: 6:36am On Mar 24, 2015
Lol is he indirectly saying he will peg the naira to the dollar like China does? Funny.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by bxcode(m): 6:36am On Mar 24, 2015
People are shouting that GEJ is clueless, if this man by any chance wins, we will see a whole new level of cluelessness grin
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by kunle1960: 6:37am On Mar 24, 2015
Buhari is a big fool,how does he think he would make dollar equal to naira whereas he could not pass ordinary mathematics and economics.Buhari,Okoroacha,Tinubu,Fashola,Lier Mohammed are all bunch of illiterate fools and celebrated po

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by 99100(m): 6:42am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

Irony
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by visalo: 6:45am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

Like father like son. Look at what illiteracy is doing
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 24, 2015
A lot of mischief going on.....I can't read where he said such. He merely mentioned the unacceptablity of the Naira exchanging at 230/USD.

If you plug half of the leakages in the economy...you can actually achieve a very respectable exchange rate for our Naira.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ZUBY77(m): 6:48am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...

Yes my man.. The almajiri will go to Washington and order Obama to make the currencies equal or face Boko Haram from Nigeria..

After telling us he will determine the crude oil price, he now wants to make Dollar equal with naira.

The problem is that we are dealing with a man who doesn't understand the meaning of economy.

Why not make naira to be higher than Dollars, just like Euros and pounds.. He can achieve that too.

He just lost my vote.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Princecalm:

IT TELLS HOW "WORSE" CLUELESS YOU ARE! IS YOUR ECONOMIC STRENGHT A FUNCTION OF HOW YOUR NAIRA EXCHANGE FOR A DOLLAR? I PITY THIS COUNTRY. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR SS1 ECON0MICS TEXTBOOK.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by shakiru991(m): 6:50am On Mar 24, 2015
U hav ma vote Buhari

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by lokonzo78: 6:51am On Mar 24, 2015
Why lie? I have read Vanguard news and can confirm he didnot say so. This post is not correct and is targeted to damage the man. Nonsense
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54am On Mar 24, 2015
[b]
dollarlander:

So you joined Nairaland this year January, because you think you have something intellectual to contribute in this forum. Your aim is to have platform to attack buhari who ruled Nigeria when you were never born and whose intention is to help build you a nation void of corruption so that for ones you can live as a human being in a place you call your country.

A 13 year old boy came to me, he said daddy please help me vote buhari, I said can you convince me 5 reasons why I should vote buhari he said he did not know there was a man who is capable of putting all these big men, who are stealing Nigeria money, in prison and collect all our stolen wealth from them. I was short of words.

If a 13 years old boy, who wasn't born in the 80's when 1$ was 1.44 naira could reason that way how much more you that is an adult should have reasoned provided you are in your right senses.

Buhari has his facts to propel naira back to where it was before corruption was legalised in Nigeria.

All he needs to do is to make war against corrupt people like you. Collect all the billions of dollars you have stolen and place them back in reserve. If this is done within one year alone, you won't believe where naira value will be.

Then restructure economy from hyper dependence on oil and stop exporting crude oil and importing refined products.

Assuming that you are a normal human being, a normal Nigerian who desire to live like a king in his own country. At least I lived before 80s and I know what it is to live when things are good. You will support agenda that diversifies economy and reenergise all sectors of economy for growth.

The shale oil in America will kill many economies around the world who depend on oil to survive. The oil money will continue to fall and American dollar will continue to be stronger because they are self sufficient in the area of oil.

Nigeria naira will continue to depreciate as long as we cannot refine our oil and distribute ourselves which cannot be sufficient for our local consumption because of our local demand

Bros, don't allow politicians who lived before you give you inverted stories that will continue to deplete your life as a Nigeria citizen. You can live better than this if you have a leader with the right focus like buhari.

I'm waiting for your reply. I dey house for you this morning.
[/b]
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by innocentchuks(m): 6:55am On Mar 24, 2015
This jargon of Buhari has proven the fact that all his utterances are just mere political propaganda, is he talking to primary school pupils or mature informed Nigerians. I guess he must have waken up from a terrible dream, please let him dream again and tell us his next fascism.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ogene007: 7:00am On Mar 24, 2015
lastpage:

I would have loved to do a detailed analysis of your post but its late in the night for me, but l will summarize.

Dont know how old you are but l can tell you that l was old enough to handle a Dollar, when the Naira was EQUAL to the Dollar..... and our reserve was not anywhere a TRILLION, not even a Billion Dollars, back then.
Check the exchange rate in the early 70's and confirm my point.
Back then, Nigeria was exporting a lot of Cocoa, ground nut, Palm Oil, Rubber, e.t.c

It was done then, it can be done now... Period!

2.) To say a very strong naira is not good for Nigeria, to justify the worse-than-Zimbabwean "Naira' we are spending today, is not doing "full justice" to economics!
I wont go on a long analysis of Dangote or Ibekwe but let us just "invert" your statement and see how it pans out.

Can we say "A very strong Dollar is NOT GOOD for America"?.....
.....and despite at almost #240 => Dollar, has it stopped Nigerians from importing from America (most of our imported cars are from there, just to mention one item) or scrambling to buy the Dollar?
More importantly, has it STOPPED America from exporting its products all over the world, especially to Nigeria?
Answer is obviously NO!

Finally, as educated people, we must refrain from espousing what l will call "half knowledge", deliberately or otherwise, especially when doling out "economic precepts". Our analysis has to be "balanced" and reflected on all possibilities.

Let me make bold to say that what YOU THINK may be LOST from a "strong local currency" can be, .....and IS actually NEGATED by the following:

a.) Superior Products (which are always in demand, irrespective of higher prices)

b) Reputation (E.g, America has a "reputation" for "full options" vehicles thus, despite the additional cost, people will rather inport an "American Spec", than one from japan or Europe.

c.) Strong Local Market (Countries with Big population which has "HIGH PURCHASING POWER" can still take advantage of their strong currencies without much negative effect as MOST products from their Factories get consumed locally)

4.) Selective Production (This is similar to (a) above but here, emphasis is on producing goods that are either termed "luxury" or very 'high-tech" and or "uncommon" e.h high class armaments, expensive cars that gets Russians buying , e.t.c.

Bottom line: A Strong currency is NOT a disadvantage to a nation or its export (as you asserted) ...... if you have the right people managing the "MIX" of Economic policies!

I understand that such economic "management" is beyond a "I know Nothing" President or his thieving cohorts, more so in a Nigeria where the leaders stiLl dont recognize the fact that calling you "economic giant of Africa or ranking you #1 on some utopian index" MEANS NADDA, IF YOU CANT EVEN POWER YOUR HOMES OR FACTORIES FOR AT LEAST 12HRS IN A DAY! undecided undecided

We have been trying to do two things since the days of Shagari, without success!

1) Convince foreign INVESTORS that Nigeria is 'the country' to invest. Except for a few "crooked" investors who themselves are only here to scam our system, with the collusion of their local crooks, l have not seen any serious investors in Nigeria, for decades! Some are doing what is called "window-dressing", being around "on paper" .... just in-case something crops up undecided undecided

2.) Export Promotion by keeping a weak currency: This one is a no-brainer! What do we really produce in this country, that is "competitively" worth exporting, ..............using Generator and Diesel as the source of industrial power?

Please, our leaders should stop scamming the populace!
It will not happen, not with Buhari, certainly never with GEJ......unless power becomes at least 80% stable.

Lastpage!
Reading through your write-up brings me to the conclusion that you know little or nothing about modern day economic realities. Your argument dwells on the realms of possibilities and not on present day realities. America that you are quoting will go down the drain the day the rest of the world decide to move away from the dollar as the means of valuing their reserves, then the constant printing of more dollars coupled with the huge debt profile will wipe out the american economy. The template for all countries that want to achieve a favorable balance of trade against the rest of the world is the asian tigers like Japan, China, South Korea etc. These are the countries who are indeed exporting more than everybody than they import from them. That is what nigeria should aspire to achieve. Please, don't come here to be posting theories that are not in tune with the present day world economic realities. Buhari in making that statement simply typifies the poverty of ideas running through the APC, who in their desperation for power, continue to make unrealistic and bogus promises everyday.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by philips70(m): 7:05am On Mar 24, 2015
Omooba77:

Even Japan,China can not achieve this

I just read the article above there's no where in the quoted words he said he will make the naira equals the dollar. Nigerians are too quick to emotions and sentiments that the media find them too easy to manipulate. In the article above naira equals to dollar are words of the reporter whilst lamenting the rate of exchange are the quoted words of the General. Nigerians we hail una.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

Sunday Aghaeze: New York People Dirty & Smelly- Buhari Camera Man Blasts America / Nollywood Actors Meet Bola Tinubu (Photo) / Death: Abba Kyari’s Last Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.