Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (81961 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Diamond19: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
Omooba77:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf

GMB talk is cheap, are u a magician?!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by mrcjbrash(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hmm!! embarassed Buhari don become Merlin......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Kingspin(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
Buhari is running a chairmanship campaign not a presidential one. This Buhari will reduce us to a laughing stock ooo.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by osworld(m): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
seriously,hw are u gonna do dat? undecidedseriously,hw are u gonna do dat?
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by chimichael05: 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
Oh my God' buhari can't win this election APC brought out a wrong person for this election. Buhari doesn't understand the system of demand and supply.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by hope4nigeria(m): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...
ur parent must be a thief in Jonathan cabinet, what buhari is telling you is! He will collect all the loot,jail the looters, with the huge sum of the Money? Economy will automatically stable. Get that to ur head, ur parent may go to jail if they are looters.... Stupiidest guy.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by manny4life(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
My Opinion

Please, Buhari's handlers should give him a script to read from; it's better to read from a well defined, written piece of paper than him attempting to impress the public with his chosen words. The thought of a presidential candidates making such promises beats my imagination, not only does it show deficiency on his part, it's an insult to Nigerians at-large. Biko, call him to order... No more Mitt Romney gaffes.. grin

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by menix(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
Gawd of Mexico!!!
Are som nairalanders dis backward?
Am sure Buhari wont utter such but if he did nd someone is supporting such, believe mii, u re brain dead nd know nothing abt economics..

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by chibas: 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
chichriso:

Chai u too have been deceived by that statement Nigeria grandfather made. Old is indeed affecting him
if GEJ elected let him try this i itemize and definately the naira will appreciate a bit and let me also inform u that if corruption is reduce it will also help,all i crave 4 is a better nigeria but unfortunately average naija are not smiling.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
fallout87:

Blind leading the blind. Don't be foolish, open your eyes.

Does he have eyes to open?
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by onatisi(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
Of course he can do it ,just the same way he will stabilize global oil price . Smh

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Kruzilano(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
Princecalm:
He has done it b4 and this will not be an exception.
what is this 1 saying....? Wake up bro..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Cityguy: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
kendrick9:
Just like he said the will reduce world oil price.. is the man dreaming?
Someone who doesn't have a certificate,lol
Gej till 2019
Hahahahahaha..... I give up on the guy. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
refreshrate:

seriously not from the angle youre looking at it. case in point China then India have the largest populations in the world correct? Now walk with me on this please

...are their currencies as strong as the dollar?

*please dont say yes because of their population*
dollar is both higher than Chinese Yuan and Indian Rupes respectively.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by annurhaske(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
We know u can do it,
Just sai baba buhari.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
... And Buhari disappointing his followers since 652365429BC.
#GOODLUCK NIGERIA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by slap1(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
I expect him to reduce the price of Peugeot 504 to N2,500.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by refreshrate: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
jaybee:

Pity you don't even know if it is true, yet you are commenting. Are you that daft you can not vetify a poorly constructed lie by amateur pdp mischief makers.

@Jaybee why na wetin the guy talk wey abuse no heavy you for mouth? seriously its not like he insulted you why do you have to start this? i think its rather uncivil.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
This lie must enter G.book of record ooo... Choo! Baba Buhari! you can lie... even Satan sef dey shame for this your lies..

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by manny4life(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
Princecalm:
dollar is both higher than Chinese Yuan and Indian Rupes respectively.

So you agree this has nothing to do with population right? grin

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by lagdmark(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
They say Buhari is a disaster for Africa, no be liar.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by nosike3(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
I spit on jonathan,i spit on tinubu, I spit on buhari! I spit on you all! Filthy politicians, myopic masses! *spits n walk away * angry
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Omooba77: 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
demandtruth:

source, baa

you people are just despicable

how much damage can fear do to your conscience

something that's on tv, a verbal communication,
that you might also have listened to and you
come quoting one yeyee source

Nigeria can't forgive you guys

My own is to do what is right for my generation
as i believe

i don't trove on lies

Change is constant
Read the source sir from op or you can't comprehend
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Gr8amechi: 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
the topic is wrong, he never said so
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
shammah1:
Huh Are you educated at all?
a school drop-out i guess talking.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by dustydee: 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
jmaine:

And you feel removing a few zeroes automatically makes the naira equal to the dollar in terms of purchasing power ?
I was addressing the "it is impossible" part not the rational part.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Kruzilano(m): 10:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
Princecalm:
you are the one that don't, Ged measures of tackling inflation was poor.
so u fink equating naira to dollar is d best, nigerians just believe nonsense out of sentiment, so as far as its from d mouth of who dey want.... Do u knw wat da will do to our economy??
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Raiders: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
manny4life:
My Opinion

Please, Buhari's handlers should give him a script to read from; it's better to read from a well defined, written piece of paper than him attempting to impress the public with his chosen words. The thought of a presidential candidates making such promises beats my imagination, not only does it show deficiency on his part, it's an insult to Nigerians at-large. Biko, call him to order... No more Mitt Romney gaffes.. grin
There is nothing wrong with his statement. The problem is that the mentality of Nigerians are so low that they believe that a president can make the naira equal to the dollars. if we have the right economic policies like reduction of importation and relying too much on oil.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by chimichael05: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
All those Aboki for Ama hausa go sey No buhari u don't Bleep up, if he turn one dollar to one Naira then those Aboki for Ama hausa go go retirement now. Cus buhari na bad market for them
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nicepoker(m): 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.
this one has been brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by obiisaboy: 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
Na so them go dey mak useless promise....... Useless set of people....... Benchop

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by fydence: 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
babyosisi:

LOL
Eternal life indeed
At this rate don't be surprised
As in eeehhhhhh...the promises nw don enter panic mode

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.