Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,871 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (81972 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Princecalm:
is it the truth that is making you to think like this?
am sure u must be crying by now. the bashing uv gotten tonyt serves u ryt.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by tit(f): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
apc!
you see your man!
that is why he only saw kworruption at apc rally.

amaechi has given him microphone now and see as yawa don gas!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Raymondgabriel(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
I was reading this hoping to see how he would equall naira to dollar! Just tell us "how" mr Buhari or keep shut!!

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by jmaine: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
dustydee:

Ghana did it so why can't Nigeria?

And you feel removing a few zeroes automatically makes the naira equal to the dollar in terms of purchasing power ?

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ahmeduana:

ANOTHER ALMAJIRI DISPLAYING IS OWN BRAND OF GORO, FURA DA NUNU ECONOMY! THESE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MESS UP THE COUNTRY, WHAT WILL YOU EXPECT A SWINE TO DO WITH A CROWN IF NOT TO RUB MUD WITH IT.
you are just so good in describing GED and his likes. Exactly what Ged has done to this nation.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
O kwa when we were asking for FSLC sef folks thought it didn't matter
Now we have a presidential candidate that will command the central bank to mint more money to combat inflation
Any change you folks get,you live with it

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Kokopos(m): 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
This shows that the people's General is a stack illiterate. A nonentity in respect to country's economics.

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
-

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by refreshrate: 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
manny4life:

Bros, why these lies na?

Is Nigeria worth up to $1.5 trillion $$$? Haba, even with all of our oil reserves combined... na wa o

How did fela say it again? "dem begin work magic" seriously im surprised you expected anything different for Agbero peoples congress. When did you last hear them say any truth i ask of you my good sir? If they say good morning go and check if the sun is truly up.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
babyosisi:

Hahahahahahahaha
No wonder they kept him away from debates
maama, tis been long o. i miss ur posts.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by DinoAnnberry(m): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

U Are an idiot. I know your one of those shoe shinners. May God deliver us from your useless grip.

GEJ till Buhari knows the meaning of inflation, GDP and economics. grin

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Labayi96(m): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Now i understand why my AMIABLE GENERAL refuse to come for debate . Have anyone notice that "tackling insecurity" is no longer a prefered CATCH PHRASE in their campaign

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by chibas: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Splashme:
[size=15pt]Illiteracy is a disease. This man is a joke. Buhari is better off caring for his cows in Daura, I swear.

Previously, he claimed he would stabilise oil prices. Now, he would make the naira equals a dollar.

No wonder APC hawks are shielding him from debate
.[/size]
u guys should think, we can't continue this way,diversify the economy and let us stop the importation of rice and fish because we have the capacity to produce and also get the refinery working and see as the naira will appreciate to let say 1dollar=115naira.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by randsboy: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Omooba77:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf
Na still that old same Tory him still dae gist us, I wonder the type of change he will give to us, if is the type abgero give conductor or the type conductor give passengers bcus his boss Tinubu has talent in the two and I know he will teach his boy Buhari how to give ppl change but as 4 the dollar stuff, Buhari is sleeping on a bicycle and he need to wake Pls

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by manny4life(m): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
jmaine:

And you feel removing a few zeroes automatically makes the naira equal to the dollar in terms of purchasing power ?

Didn't you see why I asked, under a favorable or unfavorable condition... Besides, how well are they fairing with that new policy.. grin

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ikombe: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
wanted to vote for dis man , but becos of this dinasour comment i will vote for gej.

Naira can never be d same value as dollar in d next 8-20years undecided #fact

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
Bizibi:
don't embarrass yourself what GMB said is not that easy and it will take Nigeria years to achieve that....infact he just made himself a joke if it is true he said that
and who ever said it was easy, it takes more than just using old policies to sort it out.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
shikaan:
maama, tis been long o. i miss ur posts.

A nokwa m ya
Please your folks should stay safe o this weekend

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by kenx27(m): 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
Political sentiment.....like failure's speech#Buhari

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by rad1cal2: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
Largas:
where do you guys get these funny hilarious crazy memes

Just google nollywood gifs.

problem solved.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Sobeautiful: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
You ran away from a common debate and now you are talking what you don't understand as if you are addressing co illiterates. Someone said this is the most stupid thing said so far in this campaign period and l don't dispute that.

10 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by refreshrate: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
dazangel11:
too much weed

Thats another way to look at it really

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by manny4life(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
refreshrate:

How did fela say it again? "dem begin work magic" seriously im surprised you expected anything different for Agbero peoples congress. When did you last hear them say any truth i ask of you my good sir? If they say good morning go and check if the sun is truly up.

Lmao... I swear these people are just too funny.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by 989900: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
It's funny how illiterates who can't read a 3 paragraph article and comprehend, are quick to call another an illiterate.

You are as gullible as fxck to fall for 'sensationalism' 'cause you can't read to find actual quotes . . . are people really this f00lish?

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by demandtruth: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Illiteracy no be moi moi oh!! Ha! So if someone tells you he will equate the value to the dollar you would just swallow it hook line and sinker??
What were you doing when others were attending Economics class??

For the Naira to be equal to the dollar, you would need to see our dollar reserve rate go to something like a trillion dollars!! Even with 20 years of 20% economic growth rate, we would probably not be there!!

Now the bigger lesson for you is that a very strong Naira is not good for our country especially if you want to produce goods and export competitively..
Now let me explain that to you:
A bag of Dangote cement sells for 1500 Naira.
When the dollar was 160 Naira, that bag of cement was equal to $9.
At the new rate of 215 Naira, that same bag of cement is now equal to $7.
That means if Dangote wants to sell his cement in Albania, he has a better price point than he would have had 5 months ago.

Now imagine the Naira is exchanging at 5 Naira to a dollar.
That same bag of cement would now be equal to $300. Where on planet earth would he be able to sell his bag of cement at that price??

Any country that desires to produce and export to the rest of the globe, prays for a weaker currency to allow its goods better pricing amongst competitors. If Buhari understands economics, he will never pray for a very strong Naira except of course he wants us to keep importing everything!!

Jesus!

I'm really disappointed on this your line of economics postulation
is this what politics has turned you to

How does export work in favour of Nigeria
just because naira is disvalue.

My, were you ever taught about production/competitive market/market penetration
costs value

Anyways,
Gmb
till you separate your emotion from facts

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by chichriso: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
chibas:
u guys should think, we can't continue this way,diversify the economy and let us stop the importation of rice and fish because we have the capacity to produce and also get the refinery working and see as the naira will appreciate to let say 1dollar=115naira.
Chai u too have been deceived by that statement Nigeria grandfather made. Old is indeed affecting him

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
The most annoying part is that he said this nonsense in Imo state
N'ala ndi ma ihe
Does he think he was talking to cattle rearers?

8 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Kokopos(m): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

you are worse than clueless. You and your general need to go back to ss1 for economics class.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by jaybee(f): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
mrmetoo1:
I'm sorry but where did the OP get the topic from in that article?

Please help me ask them
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by jmaine: 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
manny4life:

Didn't you see why I asked, under a favorable or unfavorable condition... Besides, how well are they fairing with that new policy.. grin

I just laugh at their deliberate ignorance. . . . . . . .They know the truth but intentionally want to argue against it. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 / O.K Ugba's House, Cars Burnt In Abia. IPOB/ESN Accuse Him Of Installing Cameras

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.