Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) (43715 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Writes To Congratulate Trump On His Inaguaration / Isaac Fayose Writes Letter To His Brother, Governor Ayodele Fayose / ‘dear Baba’: Jonathan Writes Obasanjo, Seeks Blessing For New Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by olas24u(f): 4:20am On Mar 27, 2015
Stylaay:

I don't like insults but if u have a brain u will discuss the issue and not insult my person. This is the problem with youths if my opinion differs from us it doesn't mean u reason better than I do stupid. Back to the matter. They talk of insecurity I stay in the north and was a living witness to the way this same Muslim northerners kept mum while churches were being burnt. Villages were being overun, infants and women were being murdered. Once it doesn't affect them then its not a problem. Boko haram asked Buhari to mediate with the federal government on their behalf and he turned that opportunity we had to end the insurgency down. The same claimed government was committing genocide against them when the government was dealing with boko haram at a time. A man that is passionate about this country has never tried to provide a solution to the various barbaric crimes committed by his fellow Fulani cattle rearers. U want change go and seek peoples' opinion in Libya today and they would tell u they wish they had postponed change for a latter date. Yes I want change but not change being driven by the selfish lot in APC we know their antecedents. Some of us have refused to suffer from selective amnesia. Someone was said the south south should drink its oil. We go know,how long we'll for groundnut and cocoa to be ripe for harvest before we can pay our bloated civil service or run a government we go know whether 1960 is 2015

You have not made any sense in what you have written,the most important function of a government is to secure the life and property of the citizens. How come this government left them for good 6 years ?How come some people did not know that they had Hausa Christians in Northern Nigeria?why was the government dividing the country along religious lines ,and ethnic lines. Oil as been discovered in almost every count along the west African coast and more countries will discover oil.Liberia, Uganda,Ghana, Mauritania, sierra leone.so it is most likely oil will be discovered in all the places you are castigating today .Its already in Lagos ,Ondo,Ogun .
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:32am On Mar 27, 2015
ichidodo:
Apart from the insurgency,more than 60% of GEJ's admin had been focused in the north alone.Unfortunately most especially in the core north will go for buhari as they did in 2011....not because of anything bu for tribal and religious sentiments. It will give us full satisfaction to report that all GEJ needs are at least 25% from those areas. He's got southwest on Lockdown,SE,SS and NC.
what is this one saying?
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by babadee1(m): 4:40am On Mar 27, 2015
ichidodo:
Apart from the insurgency,more than 60% of GEJ's admin had been focused in the north alone.Unfortunately most especially in the core north will go for buhari as they did in 2011....not because of anything bu for tribal and religious sentiments. It will give us full satisfaction to report that all GEJ needs are at least 25% from those areas. He's got southwest on Lockdown,SE,SS and NC.

Jonathan can never win the southwest this time around. That is the simple truth that will become clear for everyone to see on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by owobokiri(m): 4:44am On Mar 27, 2015
"Strategic alliance"? Between ijaw and hausa/fulani?? lol, Obviously Jonathan hasn't got the memo yet. .
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by marv1: 6:03am On Mar 27, 2015
natureblack:
can you please tell me why these people are all from a particular area in Nigeria ?

Lateef Jakande -100 yrs sentence

Pa Adekunle Ajasin

Chief Ayo Ojewunmi

Ambrose Ali

Jim Nwobodo

Fela Kuti

Bisi Onabanjo

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Alex Ekwueme

Sam Mbakwe

Tai Solarin

Busari Adelakun

Lawal Ojualape

Bartholomew Owoh

Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of The Guardian

NB:

Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for medical attention.

Ayo Ojewunmi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

Alex Ekwueme was found innocent but Buhari still kept him jailed.

......and you think the South has forgotten.

Fool me once,shame on you.Fool me twice,shame on me. angry angry angry angry
The people u mentioned here are not up to 500 but GEJ inaction and ineptitude has sent tens of thousands of people to their early grave. Or are u saying those lives are not as important as the ones u mentioned? If God should open your eyes and imagine GEJ in uniform he would do worst than what GMB did in uniform.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by danla44(m): 6:26am On Mar 27, 2015
Lokachin da ake kashe mu; kana ina? Mai Malfa Ka makara! Nigeria sai Baba Buhari.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by marv1: 6:34am On Mar 27, 2015
nattyGENT:
Woe on any person in the south that would waste vote on the dying general buhari. If the northerners always vote a northerner on sentiments (religious and ethnic), we southerners would be fools, idiots, mad etc not to vote Jonathan too based on sentiments as a brother, christian & southerner + his visible achievements. Remember northerners never wished that a southerner rule Nigeria. Remember muslims would never want a christian lord over them; they call us infidels. VOTE FOR JONATHAN LET THE NORTHERNERS LEARN TO TOLERATE CHRISTIANS AND KNOW PRESIDENCY IS NOT THEIR BIRTH RIGHT.
Nobody is claiming presidency belongs to them here. That trend is dead and forgotten thanks to OBJ. Have u forgoten that u cant win any election without votes from other parts of nigeria? Pls dont bring back old memories and stop living in the past because ur past will kill u if u dont let it go. Nigeria is moving forward to greater heights. Gej coming to SW almost every 2 weeks, you think he doesnt know what is at stake? Any northern politician that opens his mouth to say that presidency belongs to them has finished himself. They dare not.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by DTaj: 7:07am On Mar 27, 2015
So, Jonathan could write 'Assalamu alaykum'. Desperation shall never end! So, all Northerners are now Muslims just because of elections and afterward you and your wife will insult them and their fathers as irresponsible parents!

The clown knows that the day of reckoning is here and he is writing all manner of letters! He wrote a letter to Nigerians in the front pages of major newspapers yesterday too (Guardian, BusinessDay, ThisDay).

Letters will not save you from a crushing defeat tomorrow!

We need a real leader, one who will not trade blames, one who will take responsibility for his actions for once, one who is not a vegetable controlled by his wife and Diezani! We want BUHARI AS PRESIDENT!!!
[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Mftivi: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2015
olas24u:

If we have been sending big men to jail starting from that time ,don,t you think we would have had a better country by now,where every body is equal and where no one is above the law.Have you heard of a Big man going to jail in Nigeria for offense committed why does the same politician go to London and respect their laws and dis respect the laws in his own country?

go and read about buhari's military rule. Himself has refused to provide the required documents for qualifying for this election, if u were an employer and a job seeker comes to tell you crap and bull stories about his certificate will you employ him? Nigeria is not a lab for political and social experiments, what is not obtainable in real life business shouldn't be in the Nigerian polity. Buhari is a man of double standard, he jailed other men and shielded his brothers. if u want justice to reign in this country start from buhari.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by olanyte: 8:21am On Mar 27, 2015
DEFINITIONS OF STUPIDITY.

Stupidity is When:
1) You Earn less than #30,000 as a graduate or still searching for job for 3years and still chant "Gej 4 2019"
ARE YOU BORN TO SUFFER?.
2)You charge your phone with a generator and come online to type # GEJ 4 2019".DON'T YOU KNOW ELECTRICITY
IS YOUR BASIC RIGHT?
3)You purchase fuel at #87 per litre and refuse to acknowledge the fact that you have been cheated "Gej 4 2015". OTHER OIL PRODUCING COUNTRIES
SELL PETROL FOR AS LOW AS 7NAIRA EQUIVALENT TO THEIR PEOPLE
4)You import Goods from abroad at #230 per dollar instead of atleast #155 per dollar yet you are a Gejite. IN 1983 1NAIRA WAS EQUAL TO 1 DOLLAR
5)You support a man who
can't refund or give you back your N1000 which you paid for immigration
job let alone account of missing $20BN..DO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A JOB? 6)You go church, bus station, mosque,school boko haram bombing yet the govt say they spend N1trillion on security you still dey shout GEJ 2019 ARE YOU A LEARNER?
7) You are still in school because of the strike ASSU,ASSUP,FCE, FGCs went on you know the agreement is still not yet
fulfilled, You dey Shout GEJ 2019, YOU WAN REMAIN UNDERGRADUATE TILL 2020?
coolYour father is among retirees we still have not heard anything about pension money stolen over the one that stole
200million was asked to pay bail of 200thousand naira yet you are SHOUTING GEJ 2019 DO YOU HATE YOUR FATHER THAT MUCH? "THAT IS STUPIDITY" "THERE IS NO LICENCE FOR NONSENSE".
I saw it and I am sharing
it. It makes sense. Let's stop this stupidity ones and for all.
Vote 4 CHANGE, Vote WISELY & Pray unto GOD to help us rectify our affairs.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 27, 2015
Gej till 2019.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Toofan007: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2015
dgr8truth:

Just because you want to say sai buhari, you are painting GEJ a bigot.
he not only a bigot, he's a very divisive bigot! When the biggest bargaining power a president has is that he's from south south, it's curious, right?
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Mftivi: 8:34am On Mar 27, 2015
marv1:
The people u mentioned here are not up to 500 but GEJ inaction and ineptitude has sent tens of thousands of people to their early grave. Or are u saying those lives are not as important as the ones u mentioned? If God should open your eyes and imagine GEJ in uniform he would do worst than what GMB did in uniform.

did Americans criticize their president for the world trade center terror? GEJ didn't bully no one as far as am concerned he is a good democrat and buhari is faking it, its same buhari that said "bokoharam are freedom fighters" they kept sabotaging every of GEJ efforts to curb the mayhem that has struck this country. what excuse did the US give Nigeria for not selling weapons to us and who created the excuse for them. why am i even replying you when i know that you just decided to close your eyes to reality. buhari is not driven by integrity, he is driven by religious bigotry, tribalism, revenge and what have you.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Toofan007: 8:35am On Mar 27, 2015
dunkem21:
Touching, classical and revealing grin

May you continue to sign with green pen till 2019!

<--- I bet this cat didn't read the letter. the only thing he got was green ink used in the signature
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Toofan007: 8:54am On Mar 27, 2015
natureblack:
can you please tell me why these people are all from a particular area in Nigeria ?

Pa Adekunle Ajasin

Chief Ayo Ojewunmi

Ambrose Ali

Jim Nwobodo

Fela Kuti

Bisi Onabanjo

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Alex Ekwueme

Sam Mbakwe

Tai Solarin

Busari Adelakun

Lawal Ojualape

Bartholomew Owoh

NB:

Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for medical attention.

Ayo Ojewunmi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

i guess Umaru Dikko too was from the south then? Try harder
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Toofan007: 9:03am On Mar 27, 2015
ichidodo:
bruh, you can't be too sure. you can only talk for yourself. Even If what you said is true, it's not peculiar to the North. Why would the people in south south and south east vote for Jona? FYI, I'm from the south, a christian but I ain't voting for Jona, not because he's not a christian but because he, in my opinion, is a bad president.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by dgr8truth(m): 9:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Toofan007:
he not only a bigot, he's a very divisive bigot! When the biggest bargaining power a president has is that he's from south south, it's curious, right?
Now I know the people who just use words.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by dgr8truth(m): 9:08am On Mar 27, 2015
lawbabs:

What is he before? He is a bigot and an ijaw president. Do u want me to lecture you on how he clandestinely remove Yoruba indigenes from parastatals and establishments. His wife in her campaign insulted the north. Even pdp chairman had to resign before being begged by His emir. We are not fools in Nigeria o...
You don't use words for the sake of using it, beside your post ironically portray as the ____ here, not the president.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by lawbabs: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2015
dgr8truth:

You don't use words for the sake of using it, beside your post ironically portray as the ____ here, not the president.

grin grin grin grin My joy is that both of us know the truth... although its easy to live in denial. leave it at that... vote your candidate, I ll vote mine...
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by dgr8truth(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2015
lawbabs:

grin grin grin grin My joy is that both of us know the truth... although its easy to live in denial. leave it at that... vote your candidate, I ll vote mine...
Just vote don't fight! Who ever wins, I'm sure nigeria will never remain thesame- forward ever.

God bless you,
God bless me,
God bless nigerians
God bless the federal republic of nigeria.

Shalom and good morning.

GEJtill2019.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Toofan007: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2015
dgr8truth:

Now I know the people who just use words.
could you amplify what you mean here?
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by chubby98: 10:14am On Mar 27, 2015
[quote author=soe post=32033992]Nonsense man...he has forgotten when he referred to the north as "fringes"

Interviewer: mr president, what about boko haram

GEJ: err..well..we r doing alot...you know they used to attack Abuja before...now we have pushed them to the fringes.

By the way...from that letter...saying they should maintain the southsouth/Arewa friendship...is he threatening to go to war if he loses or what? Noted!

In fact, i expect the average northerner to know that Gej has failed Nigerians in many ways...security, corruption and ethnic division...

Northerners should not forget how this man treated sanusi lamido, aminu tambuwal and the memory of Northern military rulers that have died.

Sai Buhari

PS

YORUBAS HAVE A MESSAGE
[U r a tribalistic jingoist
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by chubby98: 10:15am On Mar 27, 2015
U r a tribalistic jingoist
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by dunkem21(m): 10:16am On Mar 27, 2015
Toofan007:
<--- I bet this cat didn't read the letter. the only thing he got was green ink used in the signature

I have told all these smallies that just switched from 2go to register on NL this year to stop quoting me.

I bet, you don't know what ink a president signs with.

Mouse.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 27, 2015
chubby98:
hehehehehe....all ibos and s/s'ners support GEJ...so you expect the southwest to reject our son? Osinbajo is not a bastard..and yorubas love to stand by progressives...not by some corrupt man who has failed the trust we gave him
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by IYANGBALI: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Stylaay:

I don't like insults but if u have a brain u will discuss the issue and not insult my person. This is the problem with youths if my opinion differs from us it doesn't mean u reason better than I do stupid. Back to the matter. They talk of insecurity I stay in the north and was a living witness to the way this same Muslim northerners kept mum while churches were being burnt. Villages were being overun, infants and women were being murdered. Once it doesn't affect them then its not a problem. Boko haram asked Buhari to mediate with the federal government on their behalf and he turned that opportunity we had to end the insurgency down. The same claimed government was committing genocide against them when the government was dealing with boko haram at a time. A man that is passionate about this country has never tried to provide a solution to the various barbaric crimes committed by his fellow Fulani cattle rearers. U want change go and seek peoples' opinion in Libya today and they would tell u they wish they had postponed change for a latter date. Yes I want change but not change being driven by the selfish lot in APC we know their antecedents. Some of us have refused to suffer from selective amnesia. Someone was said the south south should drink its oil. We go know,how long we'll for groundnut and cocoa to be ripe for harvest before we can pay our bloated civil service or run a government we go know whether 1960 is 2015
who gives a fok about you?all I know is that you have no moral right of accusing Yorubas of being sentimental when you are more sentimental than sentiments. Get the fok off my front,I have better thing to do
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by oladimeji09(m): 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
natureblack:

Pa Adekunle Ajasin

Chief Ayo Ojewunmi

Ambrose Ali

Jim Nwobodo

Fela Kuti

Bisi Onabanjo

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Alex Ekwueme

Sam Mbakwe

Tai Solarin

Busari Adelakun

Lawal Ojualape

Bartholomew Owoh

NB:

Can u tell me why they are in Jail
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by natureblack(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
oladimeji09:

Can u tell me why they are in Jail
Your question is inexplicably preposterous.

Why don't you make your point(if you have any) and move along.
Re: President Jonathan Writes Letter To Key Northern Citizens (read) by Rendition(m): 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
olas24u:

I dont get you but the man ran away and lived in the U.k until Abacha invited him back,but Buhari wanted him to face justice ,but the attempt failed.
jesuss christ!!!!! U dont get me? Means u av never gone too find out abt history, General buhari was praised then on umaru dikkos case in d 80's ,tho britain didnt tk it lively with us, read history and ask elders abt history omo that man was d biggest thief ever trust me ....peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Protesters Flood UK Embassy Abuja, Insist UK Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu / Vusi Thembekwayo Boasts He Will Defeat Reno Omokri To Win Business Insider Award / Obi: Bashir Ahmad Compares Lagos Vs Anambra Presidential Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.