Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,375 members, 7,954,521 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan (29659 Views)

My Ambition Not Worth Anybody’s Blood – Obaseki / Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Policemen Detain Punchman For Taking Jonathan’s House Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 27, 2015
YEMOYEMI:
In one part the ediot Jonathan said Nigerians will not vote for Buhari but in another part, he told that some states are battle ground. GEJ is as confused as the word confusion.

Nigerians are ready to gamble with Buhari rather than having you stay extra day in govt. Bush is where you belong and the you shall return with that shapeless thing called mama piss

BUT he who said 'All progressive confidence' is not confuse? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by dre11(m): 6:50am On Mar 27, 2015
Jonathan said Lagos State remained the real battleground between the two parties in the South West, saying he does not see the APC winning Oyo and Ogun States.

If GEJ thinks ekitigate will work in this two state...... He is on a long thing............ Because what will come upon him will be a rude shock that only the amalgamation of the 5womens in his lives will save him

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by hope4nigeria(m): 6:50am On Mar 27, 2015
efilefun:

Wake up man, even jonathan is fully prepared to leave aso rock his just trying some die minute strategies that ain't even working
that reminds me of my former gov! Bisi akande then in 2003 election in Osun,offendend osun people and we promised to Vote him out! Lol! This man a day to election boasted that he'l prove to Osun people that nobody can move him out of office,infact he has stage a party they are already celiberating his Victory! Every1 was like this man may be right ooooo(confused). We went to that poll,the man lost having just 15% of the entire votes. Funny enough, he left govt house a month before handing over! Very funny jonathan will do thesame, he'l hand over to representative who will submit to GMB. Just watch.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by chekasforchekas: 6:50am On Mar 27, 2015
Vote Gej, vote Ifanyi Ugwuanyi, vote Chimaroke Nnamani, for continuity.
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 27, 2015
Once God has spoken,
Twice have I had that president GEJ will win 2015 election***

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by won91(m): 6:51am On Mar 27, 2015
DeCritique:
Right Mr President

There is no need for this nation to take a gamble in trying to vote for Pa. Buhari.

The nation has undergone a giant stride in all parts of the economy. Buhari going in there would greatly repress the speed at which Transformation is occurring in all parts of the country and at all levels of Government.

Last Bullet: GEJ Till 2019

Yeah right.... like transforming
1. our foreign reserve to almost empty
2. Paying massob, opc and Niger delta militants to do the work of the Navy.
3. Giving monthly allocations to militants in dollars while you earn naira18000 as minimum wage.
4. Under~estimating militancy and acting 6weeks to the end of power.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Donpizzle(m): 6:51am On Mar 27, 2015
simplisity:
hahahahaha! The way nairalanders APC supporters comment makes me laugh. I dont know y they fail to look behond what is happenin or what is about to happen in this coming election to be able to know that Buhari will lose, the margin might not be much, but Jonathan will win. Spiritualy, Buhari is not destined to lead Nigerians, i dont know y u fail to understand that. The worst part of it is that, his supporters tag him a saint, as far as am concern, Buhari is not a saint and his also not d right person Nigeria is lookin for period.

oh,GEJ is a saint abi? We dnt care if e is a saint or nt,we care bout the future of our country-NIGERIA. Se fini

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by olamega(m): 6:51am On Mar 27, 2015
HERE ARE SOME OF THE PROFILES OF BUHARI THAT MADE ME DECIDE TO VOTE FOR HIM. IF YOU HAVE BETTER PROFILES ABOUT GEJ PLEASE POST IT HERE TOO SO THAT ALL OF US CAN CHANGE OUR MINDS B4 SATURDAY:

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.

Please consider the following unassailable facts:
He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!
In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).
JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by almost 16yrs of the PDP rule.
Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.
Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.
He could have retired into nauseating opulence like most of his counterparts (IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ) but didn't.
Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

He is the only politician in the Country today who fills rallies without renting a crowd.
·He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.
He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .
Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him!
The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge. His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State!
His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today.
Buhari draw NGN2.3m monthly instead of NGN23m drawn by other past leaders. He returns his official car every 5yrs to take another one while others keep theirs and collect another
Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Abdulkareem407(m): 6:54am On Mar 27, 2015
Jonthan promised NIGERIAN 3millions JOB every year if he was re-elected.

More JOKES 4rm him... TEXT JONATHAN TO 419

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 27, 2015
President is ever ready.........

Buhari and his satanic agents are in trouble***

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by DeCritique(m): 6:54am On Mar 27, 2015
Donpizzle:

M-U-M-U

Idiat! Nincompoop!! Flabbergasted animal!

Be like say the Caprisonne wey you take yesterday don dey shack you for head. Quote me again make I finish you.

Bunkom!! angry
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by marv1: 6:55am On Mar 27, 2015
gambit10:
We took a gamble on u mr money~sharer and i guess nigerians by now know the result of that gamble....leave us lets try another gamble, you (jona) aint worth shit.... thief
u spoke my mind. Who is he to determine who we vote for?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by sucess001(m): 6:56am On Mar 27, 2015
PassingShot:
Who are you to tell us who to choose? We gambled with you too and failed.

Your presidency is a punishment by God for a collective mistake of the nation and that mistake must be corrected with this Saturday's election.

You have proved over the course of 5.5 years to be grossly incompetent, very corrupt and wickedly divisive.

Under you, Nigeria has become a laughing stock not only amongst the world leaders but also within the smaller African countries such that Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon and even Chad now mock our country.

Fyi, we can never have it as bad as under you. Not even with a toddler surrounded by good personalities. as the president.

You rigged in Ekiti and you're proud to boast about it. You're pathetically shameless human being.

Well said...u forgot to include that Mugabe now constantly mocks nigeria as d role model of corrupt govts
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Donpizzle(m): 6:57am On Mar 27, 2015
DeCritique:

Idiat! Nincompoop!! Flabbergasted animal!

Be like say the Caprisonne wey you take yesterday don dey shack you for head. Quote me again make I finish you.

Bunkom!! angry

lwkm.....hw old re u??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Fantasticgaby: 6:59am On Mar 27, 2015
I pledge to Nigeria my country to vote Buhari and Osinbajo on 28 of march, to be gentle, loyal on election day, to say NO to GEJ again with all my strength, to protect my PVC and uphold no violence and trouble.. So help me God..
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by XBLadez: 6:59am On Mar 27, 2015
I'll join Buhari in tears on Sunday. That's how much I can do for the wretched old man
sad sad cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by mhsanni(f): 6:59am On Mar 27, 2015
And you Mr President, A FAILURE NOT WORTH REPEATING.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by dvee2: 7:02am On Mar 27, 2015
NIGERIANS THINK......

Talking corruption; here are the cumulative budgets for the OBJ and GEJ :
OBJ: 1999 -2007, total budget for the period came to approximately N9.21tn for his 8 years in office.
GEJ: 2010-2014, total budget for the period came to approximately N23.45tn for 4 years in office.
Effectively GEJ has spent in 5 years a sum that's about 2.5 times the sum OBJ spent in 8 years.
The OBJ regime grew our external reserves by a staggering 930% to 45bn dollars from a little more than 5bn dollars in 1999, paid up a 12bn dollar external debt, grew the economy from below 3% to over 7%, agric bsector also grew by same margin to a record high of 7.4% by the end of 2006, reduced unemployment to a record low of about 6% by 2006, domestic debt to about N2tn by 2007, still left 22bn dollars in the Excess Crude Account and actually improved the exchange rate from 133 to 117 until the global financial of 2008/2009.
GEJ regime has not added a dime to the external reserves despite earning far higher revenues than any Nigerian president in history, but has actually depleted reserves to about dollars, escalated external debt, economy still below 7%, agric sector growth dropped to 5% (forget the hype about eliminating corruption in fertilizer distribution), grew unemployment to over 23% ( a record), poverty incidence to 71% ( another record!) grew domestic debt to N7.65tn from N4.55tn in 2010, has depleted the excess crude account and we now have the worst exchange rate in the history of this country (N229 to the US $). Remember all of this has happened in an era of UNPRECEDENTED OIL BOOM
Think NIGERIA!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by jibrilaminu003(m): 7:02am On Mar 27, 2015
nzeadachie:
THE PRESIDENT FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA HAVE SPOPKEN AND THAT'S HOW IT WILL BE, NO SHAKING WE'RE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU

OF COURSE, BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER FLUCK TOGETHER. WHILE THE CORRUPT AND CLUELESS WOULD SOLIDLY BE BEHIND THEIR KIND, SO WOULD THE HONEST AND REASONABLE ONES GO FOR THEIR KIND.
VOTE WISELY AND NOT BLINDLY
IN GMB/PYO, GOOD NIGERIANS TRUST.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Dexema(m): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2015
PassingShot:
Who are you to tell us who to choose? We gambled with you too and failed.

Your presidency is a punishment by God for a collective mistake of the nation and that mistake must be corrected with this Saturday's election.

You have proved over the course of 5.5 years to be grossly incompetent, very corrupt and wickedly divisive.

Under you, Nigeria has become a laughing stock not only amongst the world leaders but also within the smaller African countries such that Ghana, Kenya, Cameroon and even Chad now mock our country.

Fyi, we can never have it as bad as under you. Not even with a toddler surrounded by good personalities. as the president.

You rigged in Ekiti and you're proud to boast about it. You're pathetically shameless human being.

Your second sentence is the truest ever,he's a punishment/penance for our past mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Olofintoto(m): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 27, 2015
efilefun:
The bolded part of the article clearly shows this man was the main architect of the #EkitiGate but his failing this time around
fayemi (apc) lost to fayose (PDP)even in his own village!!!! ekitigate is a figment of your imagination!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by DeCritique(m): 7:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Donpizzle:

lwkm.....hw old re u??

I should be asking you that for breezing in from whatever high nine clouds you were on to insult me at such time early in the morning!

Guy, no vex me oh!!
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by toluodek(m): 7:13am On Mar 27, 2015
Jonathan, is a suicide not worth commiting ...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by PassingShot(m): 7:14am On Mar 27, 2015
sucess001:

Well said...u forgot to include that Mugabe now constantly mocks nigeria as d role model of corrupt govts

True that too. I need to modify that post.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by geophyscist: 7:19am On Mar 27, 2015
olad99:
Jona is a disgrace to this race
A disgrace to this country(Nigeria)
A disgrace to this generation
A disgrace to his certificate
As for OGUN and OYO that is miscalculation
I reside in the state, the handwriting is written on the wall even for the blind to read, GMB is winning by a landslide in SW don't know of other region.
SW is tired of this messy administration
meanwhile if BABA forked up we are going to vote him out in turn come 2019, for the power belong to wez Nigerian.

SAI BUHARI
SAI BABA
The change is here to stay.
jonathan is not the nemesis of nigeria problem,nigeria problem started from our past leader starting from buhari,you expect problem that have linger for about 40years to be solved within 6years of gej rules,you are a big fool for thinking so.our past leaders are the cause of nigeria problem, they should advice the youth on how to change nigeria not to struggle for power with the the youth.
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by sucess001(m): 7:21am On Mar 27, 2015
[size=18pt]Dear Mr. Clueless,

Sir,

you are the gamble not worth taking...if we want to still have Nigeria after four years...[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Faraidi(m): 7:22am On Mar 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by streetzdreamz(m): 7:24am On Mar 27, 2015
Oh!buhari is a gamble not worth taking,and you sire promises a straight win? This man is just a huge joke,neglecting all sectors of this country,staking ma odds against security,this man is definitely going back to the creeks,sane Nigerians that has nothing to lose will vote out this yeye man,but the dogs that feeds off the crumbs that falls off gejs table shud kip screaming gej till they get sense,while the country has taken a nose dive and heading to its doom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Faraidi(m): 7:24am On Mar 27, 2015
efilefun:
You dey mind the drunkard
but your father drinks more than him!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by Faraidi(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2015
efilefun:

Wake up man, even jonathan is fully prepared to leave aso rock his just trying some die minute strategies that ain't even working
mr man go and sleep and stop saying rubbish
Re: Buhari, A Gamble Not Worth Taking — Jonathan by mudek4all(m): 7:26am On Mar 27, 2015
tyson99:

No worry na u go help am carry shoes we bought for him back to otuoke
. GMB is leading, GEJ is crying. Dame is thinking. Nigeria is happy, GMB welcome sir, our next president, by God grace. In GMB I trust. APC chance bad luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From 55th Independence Celebration In Abuja (Live) / Femi Falana Speaks On Buhari's Health Condition / Ifeanyi Ubah Inaugurates 'Afa Igbo Efuna' As Nollywood Actors Storm Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.