Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! (21232 Views)

Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects / Police Arrest Boko Haram Suspect In Borno Gov’s Lodge / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by D1KeleVra(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

When will this goat face trial in a court of law?. It's illegal to detain the goat for more than 24 hrs without granting him bail because it will be a violation of his animal rights. Can we send seun to go post the bail bond for the goat?.

e be like say u wan get intimate with that goat. U sound so concerned n frustrated. If u want to get ur "friend" out, guy! u gats go meet police yourself o! Seun no fit helpu this one. grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by AloyEmeka9: 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2009
e be like say u wan get intimate with that goat. U sound so concerned n frustrated. If u want to get ur "friend" out, guy! u gats go meet police yourself o! Seun no fit helpu this one.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2009
i think the best thing is to find a spiritualist who can actually change someone (maybe a police man or the man who saw the robber change to a goat) to a goat and let the police goat communicate with the suspect goat and ask him to change back to the robber else he would be killed .or rather have a spiritualist change the goat back to human, how can they possibly have a goat in dock till it chnages back, datz total bullshit .doesnt make sense, they are even feeding the goat, abeg dis country is messed up, the guy no even get sense
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by luckynzo(m): 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2009
This is very hilarious. Maybe let's get the legislature to pass a bill that mandates every police man to undergo babalowo tutelage on how to interprete cases such as this. Maybe they will be able to turn the goat into a human being.
                                                        OR
Better still they should go and get a babalawo to turn the goat back to it's human form.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by godisable: 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2009
u wanna not understand the meaning of the quote. pls kindly assist the police get the spiritual or herbalist that can help them change the goat to human being.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by markirisun: 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2009
I really think in the African world we live in, this is possible. Althought it is a real laugh but not the Police force fault they have to say things as it is.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by lasmiles(f): 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2009
na wah oooooooooooooo, has the goat written its statement yet, let the goat write statement first ,this is unbvelievable
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by snowdrops(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2009
a case of the goat being made a scapegoat
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by denony(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2009
Nigerian Police Eeeewwoooooooooooo
Comedy in Police custody Vol. 2 Part 1

Watch out for part 2
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by eiete(f): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2009
Looool! shocked

Only in Naija does this happen.

I don't trust those vigilante groups or whatever they call themselves.

They have seen a great opportunity and exploited it. I petty the sheep abi na goat.

A while ago i was watching NTA International and a reporter was trying to interview the sheep.

Imagine them showing all that; so that the world can see how the nigerian police parades a
sheep as a robbery suspect.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by abbsun: 3:41pm On Jan 26, 2009
I see no reason why our policemen should be wasting their time with the goat. Why don't they take it to market place where masses will see them and slaughter it. If it turns to human being, it implies that the man is truly a robber.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by chyk91(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2009
o boy, ugo fear now
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by jamace(m): 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2009
Permit me to do my conclusion on this sheep issue. That sheep is a human being truely because nobody has come forward to claim it for the past 3 days now. Are you telling me that a sheep of that size and calibre will get lost from your flock and you will not notice? Abeg set ablaze that mazda thief now angry angry.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by ayobase(m): 6:33pm On Jan 26, 2009
Sege Goat!!!!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by amaechijay: 7:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
Why a u guys behaving like oyibo?

Is it strange now that human beings turn to animals. What do u guys call "witchcraft" then?

It happens , for crying out LOUD!!!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by jintujinta(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2009
I actually thought that Nairaland had changed for the better but i never knew that the bad eggs only keep changing their names and trying to metamophose into other things. That you dont agree with someone's position doesnt mean you should call the person names. I saw those childish manners and the unrepentant bad eggs of nairaland as they displayed thier rascality, immaturity and unwillingness to learn. they are full of abuses andname calling.

Nevertheless, i also appreciate that some people are matured enough to debate meaningfully. they are not only sensible in their opinions they are also non-pretenders. it's a good thing to know that few people are still as reasonable as expected and one hopes the bad eggs will learnt to discuss without using abusive languages. Just express your opinion and leave the scene.

Anyone can choose what to believe or disbelieve but that doesnt change the fact- there is black power, regardless of wether this situation is true or not.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Truequest(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2009
[size=14pt]What is the update please?
Those living in Ilorin we are waiting.[/size]
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Jakumo(m): 2:51am On Jan 27, 2009
jintujinta:

Anyone can choose what to believe or disbelieve but that doesnt change the fact- there is black power, regardless of wether this situation is true or not.

Can you please give one single instance in which your proclaimed black power has prevented backward, under-developed, superstition-debilitated countries like Haiti and Nigeria from becoming the basket cases that they are today, where the darkness due to there being no grid electricity is only exceeded by the intellectual and developmental darkness borne of profound and incurable ignorance.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by bawomolo(m): 2:53am On Jan 27, 2009
incurable ignorance? don't curse us o shocked
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Jakumo(m): 3:01am On Jan 27, 2009
Oga Bawomolo, rational thinkers like yourself are the exception rather than the rule amidst Nigerians as a group, I regret to say, and are as rare as chicken's teeth.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by loma(m): 6:17am On Jan 27, 2009
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20090127150073

Robbery: Goat suspect, a hoax — Saraki
By Our correspondent
Published: Tuesday, 27 Jan 2009
The Kwara State Government on Monday appealed to the people of the state, especially the residents of Ilorin, to disregard the alleged mysterious goat accused of being a man who had attempted to snatch a car.

Skip to next paragraph

File
Kwara State Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki

According to a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Mas’ud Adebimpe, the appeal becomes necessary because of the factions of rumour making the round concerning the mysterious goat being paraded as an armed robbery suspect.

It said intelligence reports reaching Governor Bukola Saraki had no confirmatory evidence of such occurrence.

“There is no iota of truth in the alleged rumour as officers of the state police command are already investigating the matter,” the statement said.

Saraki advised the citizens to go about their lawful businesses.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kaypound(m): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2009
i heard the goat was given grass but it refused to eat but when given eba and iseawu, it grub everything, lol grin grin grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by jamace(m): 8:33am On Jan 27, 2009
Good day Your Excellency. As a mere citizen I should believe whatever you tell me because you are my eyes, ears, mouth and even brain. But permit to use my brain for once sir. May I ask sir, why is it that none of my fellow subjects in ILORIN and it's environs have come forward to claim the SHEEP? Is it that your subjects are wallowing in affluence that a sheep of that size and calibre will be missing from their flock for over 4 days now and they will not give a hoot? Well, I remain loyal, your excellency. I know time will tell lipsrsealed.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Jarus(m): 8:44am On Jan 27, 2009
kaypound:

i heard the goat was given grass but it refused to eat but when given eba and iseawu, it grub everything, lol grin grin grin
ROTFLMAO grin

jamace:

Good day Your Excellency. As a mere citizen I should believe whatever you tell me because you are my eyes, ears, mouth and even brain. But permit to use my brain for once sir. May I ask sir, why is it that none of my fellow subjects in ILORIN and it's environs have come forward to claim the SHEEP? Is it that your subjects are wallowing in affluence that a sheep of that size and calibre will be missing from their flock for over 4 days now and they will not give a hoot? Well, I remain loyal, your excellency. I know time will tell lipsrsealed.
Maybe the owner is afraid.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2009
kaypound:

lol, reports also reaching my desk says the goat prefers wine to water

jamace:

dont mind those ppl
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by toosoon(m): 9:45am On Jan 27, 2009
if dem torture dis goat well well, God know what it will turn to, maybe na lion lol grin grin i no fit shout
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by aieromon(m): 10:18am On Jan 27, 2009
Robbery: Goat suspect, a hoax — Saraki

The Kwara State Government on Monday appealed to the people of the state, especially the residents of Ilorin, to disregard the alleged mysterious goat accused of being a man who had attempted to snatch a car.

According to a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Mas’ud Adebimpe, the appeal becomes necessary because of the factions of rumour making the round concerning the mysterious goat being paraded as an armed robbery suspect.

It said intelligence reports reaching Governor Bukola Saraki had no confirmatory evidence of such occurrence.

“There is no iota of truth in the alleged rumour as officers of the state police command are already investigating the matter,” the statement said.

Saraki advised the citizens to go about their lawful businesses.

http://punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20090127150073

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by oderemo(m): 10:23am On Jan 27, 2009
now i know where that inec boss, proff. ewu. is , sorry iwu.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by StellaN3(f): 11:23am On Jan 27, 2009
oh goat is in prison that's nice grin grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Kabikala(m): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2009
This is an update on the goat-robber saga in today's Vanguard (I just wonder how come it is only the Vanguard newspaper that got that exclusive news). It has now been confirmed that the suspect was actually a sheep (and not a goat) like some had observed on this thread.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/27330/43/

Police to sell sheep paraded as car thief    
Written by Demola Akinyemi    
Tuesday, 27 January 2009  
*Vigilante head wants mystery animal prosecuted
The dust raised by the mysterious “sheep” that was paraded last week by the Kwara State Police Command as a suspect in an attempt to steal a Mazda car in Ilorin appeared not to be over as the sheep has refused to eat grass or any other thing but has been feeding only on water since the day it was detained by the police.

The sheep which is still in the custody of the police was said to be a 'robbery suspect' which turned into a sheep to avoid arrest when the suspect met a brick wall as he was being pursued by a vigilance team.

The head of the team, Prince Omoniyi Nasirudeen, however, insisted that the “sheep” should be prosecuted, arguing that it was a human being armed robbery suspect that mysteriously turned to the animal.

He said: “The suspected car thief we wanted to apprehend turned to that sheep, we quickly apprehended it and even alerted the residents who all came out to see it.’’

The sheep suspected to be humanHe further explained that the armed robbers who attempted to steal the car were two and that when they beamed torchlight on them with the intention of apprehending them they ran away and they were  chased until one of them disappeared while the second suspect turned to sheep.

He added that “the suspect was actually a human being and was still running until he was pursued to a corner where he quickly put his back behind the wall with one of the legs and turned to the sheep which was quickly grabbed.”

He said further that the entire residents were immediately alerted to come and see what happened and that one elderly woman among the crowd called the sheep Saliu and later went away.''

When asked if he can still identify the elderly woman and why she was not arrested based on the revelation, he said he could not identify the woman and that she was not arrested because there was no clear link between her and the suspects.

Efforts to get the update of the development as at press time from the head of the vigilancte group proved abortive as his GSM line was not available.

Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Donald Iroham, said yesterday that investigation has been concluded in the matter and that the animal will be sold off within the next 24 hours if no one came forward to claim it.

The police boss, who addressed a press conference yesterday at the Police Headquarters in Ilorin, explained that the command was being guided by the Police Act part 4 section 3 (1) which states that if any property comes to the custody of the police, the court of jurisdiction may on application sell the item and pay the proceed to police reward fund account.

“We are expecting the court order, then we will put the sheep on sale for whoever is interested to come and buy, if within the next 24 hours the owner refused to come and claim it,’’ he stressed.

The police commissioner, who suspended his yearly leave to address the press, however, described the incident as an embarrassment to the police authorities because it was not possible for such incident to happen in this 24 th Century.

According to him, ''it is not possible for a man to turn to a sheep, it is not scientific, it is not possible, it should be discarded, we are not happy about it at all.’’

Meanwhile, the Kwara State Government has appealed to the people of the state, especially the residents of Ilorin to disregard the alleged mysterious sheep accused of being a man who had attempted to snatch a car.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by StellaN3(f): 11:36am On Jan 27, 2009
why did he choose to be a sheep/goat cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by D1KeleVra(m): 11:39am On Jan 27, 2009
Sheep, Goat, Rat. . . it don't matter, the guy sha change. tongue

Stella N:

why did he choose to be a sheep/goat cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOL grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Supreme Court Dismisses Atiku's Request To Inspect INEC Server / Dozie Nwankwo Issued Certificate Of Return, Receives Accolades From Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.