Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! (21233 Views)

Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects / Police Arrest Boko Haram Suspect In Borno Gov’s Lodge / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by chidoggy: 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2009
[na wa oooooooooooo
that journalist must be looking for placement in nollywood embarassed try harder my man
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by bethsy: 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2009
this is the dumpest story i have heard in my whole life :GOAT A ROBBERY SUSPECT: wonders shall never end
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by gozzilla(m): 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2009
@berthy
This is not a joke. It sounds unbelievable, but this is nigeria and this is not the first time one has heard of this and i suspect it will not be the last we will hear of it. Who didn't hear of the bakassi boys and there "odeshi". Me i believe the story.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kritikul(f): 12:14am On Jan 25, 2009
that animal is a sheep and not a goat. and what is the police waiting for? take it straight to the slaughter house in the zoo, some lions are hungry.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kritikul(f): 12:17am On Jan 25, 2009
that animal is a sheep and not a goat. and what is the police waiting for? take it straight to the slaughter house in the zoo, some lions are hungry.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Uche2nna(m): 12:41am On Jan 25, 2009
The whole Nigerian set up is a stand up comedy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If I were a thief and on the verge of being apprehended, why would I want to change into a goat? undecided I would rather change to a bird and fly away, an ant and disappear from sight or even a snake and dare any officer that comes near. Changing to a goat makes no sense at all cheesy

The Police guys for there don dey eye that goat since. I sorry for the old woman that the goat belongs to.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by ezme(m): 1:21am On Jan 25, 2009
HMMM,
Don't know how to go about this one,
ok fellow nairalanders,in 9ja we have seen people apprehended with human parts for money making rituals which I know a large chunk of you believe that blood money exist.If the devil can give money to ritualists, then we all agree that there are powers on earth that are not God's.So before we all come out to act all enlightened,this is Africa ,lets create room for that "what if this is true?".If money making rituals work,why can't a human being transform into a goat.The fact everyone is joining the 'this is so hilarious band-wagon' is kind of funny.If this thread was 'An 18yr old boy apprehended with human parts'.All you guys will say is that people are desperate to make money,but no one will say the idea of blood money is hilarious.So what is actually hilarious is that a goat was arrested by the police but not that the probability of a man turning into a goat is zero

P.S. no one should say my argument is out of line because its not grin wink shocked
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by ezme(m): 1:26am On Jan 25, 2009
HMMM,
ok fellow nairalanders,in 9ja we have seen people apprehended with human parts for money making rituals which I know a large chunk of you believe that blood money exist.If the devil can give money to ritualists, then we all agree that there are powers on earth that are not God's.So before we all come out to act all enlightened,this is Africa ,lets create room for that "what if this is true?".If money making rituals work,why can't a human being transform into a goat.The fact everyone is joining the 'this is so hilarious band-wagon' is kind of funny.If this thread was 'An 18yr old boy apprehended with human parts'.All you guys will say is that people are desperate to make money,but no one will say the idea of blood money is hilarious.So what is actually hilarious is that a goat was arrested by the police but not that the probability of a man turning into a goat is zero

P.S. no one should say my argument is out of line because its not grin wink shocked
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by mandiiee(f): 2:30am On Jan 25, 2009
hhahahahahahaha grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by jingoma(m): 4:06am On Jan 25, 2009
Unbelievable!!!
That in this day and age people still believe in this crap! Someone changed into a goat!. A couple of years ago I had a relative that would not answer his cell phone for fear of losing his penis. I would not be surprised if it were true that inept and incompetent Nigerian Police actually apprehended a goat while the actual robber got away. I always read Nigerian Newspapers or threads like this when I am looking for a goog laugh. Even the real news is comedy, Is it 2009? or 1809?
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by blackspade(m): 7:53am On Jan 25, 2009
^ Well put!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kellygirl(f): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2009
wonders shall neva end shocked angry shocked
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by chidichris(m): 11:04am On Jan 25, 2009
the owner of that goat must be looking for it by now. if the goat will be granted interview, it will surely mention the name of the owner.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by thehomer: 11:41am On Jan 25, 2009
ezme:

HMMM,

There's a huge difference between being found in possession of human parts and turning into an animal. One is possible the other is not possible and frankly is just funny. Some Nigerians that I've discussed this with will say flat out that it's possible. They're the same sort who will tell you people disappear, immunity to bullets and all sorts of stuff. It is still baffling but what can one do? Even university graduates are not immune to such beliefs.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by boolet: 11:56am On Jan 25, 2009
kill the goat and share the meat
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by ezme(m): 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2009
@themometer
do you believe blood money rituals actually produce money?
do you believe there are powers outside that of God?
cos if u do,then u are having selective judgement . If people do rituals and actually get rich, why can't a person transform into a goat.
Nigerian Police arresting a goat is hilarious fine.
But if you say powers don't exist.
Then face it you are all Yankee-wannabees,Feigning I'm all enlightened and don't believe this crap.
Its 2009 fine,but lets don't come on nairaland pretending we are not Africans
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by server34(m): 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2009
The picture of the Goat on BBC news is different from the one here. I think the police have found the actual goat that committed the robbery, and this innocent one has been released. They must have seriously apologized for defamation of character.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by romeo(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2009
ezme:

@themometer
cos if u do,then u are having selective judgement . If people do rituals and actually get rich, why can't a person transform into a goat.
Then face it you are all Yankee-wannabees,Feigning I'm all enlightened and don't believe this crap.

There is nothing like money rituals and people can not turn to animals. This is not rocket science.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by asha80(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2009
The picture of the Goat on BBC news is different from the one here. I think the police have found the actual goat that committed the robbery, and this innocent one has been released. They must have seriously apologized for defamation of character

embarassed embarassed angry
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by romeo(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2009
Ifere asogbuo Asha cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by israeljp: 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2009
romeo:

There is nothing like money rituals and people can not turn to animals. This is not rocket science.

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2009
this should be the 8th wonder of the world it should be noted in Guinness book of record
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Jakumo(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2009
Any individual who truly does believe that humans and animals can toggle between one species and the other, or that a few smoke-dried animal parts stitched to garments can impart the moronic wearer with bullet-proof properties, or that vehicular transport is not required by magicians with travel plans, or that verbal curses can inflict any type of damage, or that human cadavers can be fashioned into free cash dispensing ATM machines, is by definition a seriously defective sub-human life-form who, in an ideal world, ought to be apprehended and humanely culled as a public service, so as to prevent contamination of the gene pool with the toxic effluent of mutant DNA carriers.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 25, 2009
Jakumo

really, tell it to the victims of the Ife-Modakeke francas, whose houses were burnt by raw eggs.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Jakumo(m): 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2009
Of all the considerations that would beset a person whose home was afire, the question of whether the incendiary devices thrown by the arsonist at the building to set it aflame ought to be regarded as simple "Molotov Cocktails" consisting of bottled gasoline fused with a burning rag, or as "magic eggs" thrown by sorcerers, would probabably only be entertained in retrospect.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Tasma: 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2009
ezme:

@themometer

Excellent! The above post explains very accurately why Nigeria is in the state it is in. A country where it citizens (even the "educated" ones) believe in blood rituals and people turning into goats. I'd love to hear your explanation of how the internet works, could it be something about little spirit beings bearing text messages up and down the ethernet?
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by D1KeleVra(m): 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2009
@Topic
mhhhhheeeeen! Not unexpected of a Nigerian tho!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by jamace(m): 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2009
Of all the considerations that would beset a person whose home was afire, the question of whether the incendiary devices thrown by the arsonist at the building to set it aflame ought to be regarded as simple "Molotov Cocktails" consisting of bottled gasoline fused with a burning rag, or as "magic eggs" thrown by sorcerers, would probabably only be entertained in retrospect.

This one na grammar you de blow o o. Just believe these things even if you don't accept them. They happen live! Remember that the Bible talked about principalities and powers of this present darkness in high places. These are some of the powers being manifesed in Nigeria for your information lipsrsealed.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by agaba123(m): 6:26pm On Jan 25, 2009
In as much as this is hilarious
No one should contend the possibility of such happening.

Jakumo:

Any individual who truly does believe that humans and animals can toggle between one species and the other, or that a few smoke-dried animal parts stitched to garments can impart the moronic wearer with bullet-proof properties, or that vehicular transport is not required by magicians with travel plans, or that verbal curses can inflict any type of damage, or that human cadavers can be fashioned into free cash dispensing ATM machines, is by definition a seriously defective sub-human life-form who, in an ideal world, ought to be apprehended and humanely culled as a public service, so as to prevent contamination of the gene pool with the toxic effluent of mutant DNA carriers.
My friend you are entitled to your opinion but the world is still a mystery. Do not be in a haste to pass judgement.
How would you explain this just one
'' as a cult boy and a capoon, I have metal talisman given to me by my witch doctor which I alwys wear around my waist. I also have some concotions incised into my body.
The way it works is that whenever there is danger for instance, enemies from rival cult are closing in on me, the metal contracts and grips me on my waist. On noticing that, I will be on the run with the metal relaxing the farther away I am from the threat.
The day Iwas shot on the nose, I was not wearing this metal. It was on a book rack on the wall. But I sensed there is danger. I looked for it and could not find it. I was not comfortable until it fell down from the rack stretching visibly. It was late by then because at that moment, the guys were on my door.
They used their machette on me and there was no wound. they said' im carry jazz''. Then they brought a gun to shoot me, I was strucgling with them when it went off and shot me on the nose ridge. I fell down and they left me for dead . . . ''

How do you explain it?.
Someone may ask me if I was there. I saw the 'agwara' the metal. I know it is true. If you wanna know how, hit me up and I will tell you.
These things are possible but may not be as widespread as it is believed in Naija.
At least I know that vigilantes only operate in the night, so it is possible everywhere was dark and the guy disappeared at a point where a sheep/goat was grazing and the guys shouted Eureka! grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Uche2nna(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2009
jamace:

This one na grammar you de blow o o. Just believe these things even if you don't accept  them. They happen live! Remember that the Bible talked about principalities and powers of this present darkness in high places. These are some of the powers being manifesed in Nigeria for your information lipsrsealed.

Ok, even if this is true why would one want to change into a goat when in danger? That is not too bright. The goat is not particularly known for its swiftness.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by romeo(m): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2009
agaba123:

In as much as this is hilarious
No one should contend the possibility of such happening.
My friend you are entitled to your opinion but the world is still a mystery. Do not be in a haste to pass judgement.
How would you explain this just one
'' as a cult boy and a capoon, I have metal talisman given to me by my witch doctor which I alwys wear around my waist. I also have some concotions incised into my body.
The way it works is that whenever there is danger for instance, enemies from rival cult are closing in on me, the metal contracts and grips me on my waist. On noticing that, I will be on the run with the metal relaxing the farther away I am from the threat.
The day Iwas shot on the nose, I was not wearing this metal. It was on a book rack on the wall. But I sensed there is danger. I looked for it and could not find it. I was not comfortable until it fell down from the rack stretching visibly. It was late by then because at that moment, the guys were on my door.
They used their machette on me and there was no wound. they said' im carry jazz''. Then they brought a gun to shoot me, I was strucgling with them when it went off and shot me on the nose ridge. I fell down and they left me for dead . . . ''

How do you explain it?.
Someone may ask me if I was there. I saw the 'agwara' the metal. I know it is true. If you wanna know how, hit me up and I will tell you.
These things are possible but may not be as widespread as it is believed in Naija.
At least I know that vigilantes only operate in the night, so it is possible everywhere was dark and the guy disappeared at a point where a sheep/goat was grazing and the guys shouted Eureka! grin

ewoooooo Agabadibia egbuo m embarassed embarassed
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by agaba123(m): 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2009
Uche this one may not be true bro but . . . .

I have limited knowledge of the supernatural . . . .he should have truned into a leopard and attacked his attackers grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Reversal Of N5,000 Stipend.. Prominent Nigerians React / Apostle Suleman: IGP Didn’t Order Probe On Me / Tinubu Appoints Desmond Akawor As RMAFC Federal Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.