Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (266305 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by lacapine: 3:45am On Oct 18, 2015
Chillisauce:
After my 5 days vegetable/fruit smoothie. I can't help but continue.

My skin is sooo smooth and clearer. I don't know if it's the food or exercise. cheesy

Anyway, I'm getting used to every evening green smoothie.

can I take this even in pregnancy?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2015
lacapine:

Best you have a chat with your doctor / midwife. Pregnancy makes it a lot more complicated and we don't know your history dear.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by zemaye: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Yep, very edible - especially when soft-boiled or baked.

It's popularly eaten with tuna mayo and / or with baked beans and salad.
thanks more options for me be that grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by lacapine: 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Best you have a chat with your doctor / midwife. Pregnancy makes it a lot more complicated and we don't know your history dear.
Thanks dear.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by thelish(f): 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

smiley smiley

Then you don't need such high energy foods in the morning. You know, you could try porridge - it releases energy slowly during the day, so you'll be less apt to feel hungry shortly after your meal...

Yep, very edible - especially when soft-boiled or baked.

It's popularly eaten with tuna mayo and / or with baked beans and salad.

OK ooooo. Tanks ma
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Lunch @ work!

Chicken & Salmon gyoza. Warning: The salmon is raw and the chicken blow-torched. smiley

Anyway, this is just for starters...

cc: Thelish (for the raw fish) tongue
And Damiso (for the blow-torched chicken) tongue tongue

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Main deal: my usual Chicken Ramen. smiley

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by thelish(f): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Lunch @ work!

Chicken & Salmon gyoza. Warning: The salmon is raw and the chicken blow-torched. smiley

U just looking for my trouble. lol
But wait ooo, wetin raw fish dey do for body again efe? Gas finish against am? all d same thank u ooo. But I go fry am before I chop am sha. I nor be carnivores oooo
But I can see only leaf n sharwama kinda. where d chicken n fish na?

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
lacapine:

Every thing is natural however see with your doctor first as efe said. You never know. Pregnancy is a diff journey

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Lunch @ work!

Biko efe was that chicken cooked. I can just about do raw veg/smoothies but I draw the line at meat embarassed
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
damiso:

Biko efe was that chicken cooked. I can just about do raw veg/smoothies but I draw the line at meat embarassed

Ara oko! So you will not eat rare steak eh?! grin

Raw salmon is no different from sushi now and sushi is yummy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2015
naijababe:

Ara oko! So you will not eat rare steak eh?! grin

Raw salmon is no different from sushi now and sushi is yummy

Ese I be ara oko..I can't eat raw salmon oh (smoked salmon has sha been smoked grin)

Rare steak ke it must be cremated cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
damiso:

Ese I be ara oko..I can't eat raw salmon oh (smoked salmon has sha been smoked grin)

Rare steak ke it must be cremated cheesy

So you are one those people who ruin a good steak?! Chai Dami!!! Those taste buds of yours need some growth grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by CassieV(f): 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
Glad I came across this thread, I've been trying to loose weight and start eating healthy but it's so darn hard.. What do I do
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
naijababe:

So you are one those people who ruin a good steak?! Chai Dami!!! Those taste buds of yours need some growth grin

Yes they do grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 6:05am On Oct 31, 2015
damiso:

Lol! I think it was.

Either way, t'was really tasty. And healthy. cheesy Anyway, how've you been mami? And more importantly, how've your exercise regime and clean eating been going?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 6:08am On Oct 31, 2015
CassieV:
Glad I came across this thread, I've been trying to loose weight and start eating healthy but it's so darn hard.. What do I do

Nothing good comes easy, CassieV. Start nice & easy.

Welcome smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! I think it was.

Either way, t'was really tasty. And healthy. cheesy Anyway, how've you been mami? And more importantly, how've your exercise regime and clean eating been going?

Very very well. Went to Nigeria so my exercise and food was disrupted a bit but I was able to manage my portions.have had a couple of 'off' days but as its a lifestyle change I quickly make amends.

My mum is so worried about me grin she thinks I look ill. I kept getting 'see all your bones' 'what is this ' . I never realised how much leaner I was until I had to put on a wrapper. cheesy

I have more 2 more KG to get to my target weight. I run a bit less now though and do a mix of abs/core,Strength training ,legs etc routines. I just find it harder to get motivated to hit the pavement when it's dark outside embarassed

Pic below is my progression from March up until September (L to R) and I am even leaner now.

6 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
some of my healthy meals grin

Brown rice and steamed broccoli with oil less tuna stew .green tea and water .

I now drink about 4/5 cups of green tea a day

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
People keep Asking me if I eat grin and they seem suprised when I say I do. 3 to 5 times s day sef smiley

Grilled snapper and salad

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
Grilled plantain (boli)steamed kale and tilapia stew

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mixed pepper and leaf salad with grilled chicken

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
damiso, I had to log in to comment coz of you. grin

I'm so happy and impressed with your results. I know it's a little weird, but seeing people embrace the healthy lifestyle (plus results to show for it) gives me joy.
I hope you keep it up (the food aspect) even after you reach your goal weight. You're awesome!

Oh, I have that pearl choker/neck band. Great minds shop for accessories alike. cheesy Love all your outfits too.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
BABE3:
damiso, I had to log in to comment coz of you. grin

I'm so happy and impressed with your results. I know it's a little weird, but seeing people embrace the healthy lifestyle (plus results to show for it) gives me joy.
I hope you keep it up (the food aspect) even after you reach your goal weight. You're awesome!

Oh, I have that pearl choker/neck band. Great minds shop for accessories alike. cheesy Love all your outfits too.

Thank you kiss kiss kiss for the compliments.

You are not weird at all . I know the feeling and I have a couple of friends that I am also encouraging and I feel so happy when they get results.

This thread and so many of you (efe,chilli,naijababe etc) also really helped in making that change .plus I am forever reading up on healthier choices .
It's good to have people who understand and get it as well self determination cos the comments I got in naija ehn grin I have a friend on the same journey who gets upset by them but I have told her just do you .Me I just get amused.I got
' I thought you would be bigger' ' is there food scarcity in London ' ' is your husband not feeding you ' 'were you ill' 'it's enough your head is bigger than your body '.etc etc grin

I also kept getting 'what diet are you on' and I can see disappointment when I say I am not on s diet per se.been down the diet route and while it works for some was just not sustainable and weight just came back on.

It's a change for Life and I know the benefits will spur me on to keep at it.

My husband had to tell me 'calm down its just a week' cos he could sense how horrified I was by the prospect of not being in charge of my meal prep while I was in naija embarassed grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by opella(f): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
damiso:

Thank you kiss kiss kiss for the compliments.

You are not weird at all . I know the feeling and I have a couple of friends that I am also encouraging and I feel so happy when they get results.

This thread and so many of you (efe,chilli,naijababe etc) also really helped in making that change .plus I am forever reading up on healthier choices .
It's good to have people who understand and get it as well self determination cos the comments I got in naija ehn grin I have a friend on the same journey who gets upset by them but I have told her just do you .Me I just get amused.I got
' I thought you would be bigger' ' is there food scarcity in London ' ' is your husband not feeding you ' 'were you ill' 'it's enough your head is bigger than your body '.etc etc grin

I also kept getting 'what diet are you on' and I can see disappointment when I say I am not on s diet per se.been down the diet route and while it works for some was just not sustainable and weight just came back on.

It's a change for Life and I know the benefits will spur me on to keep at it.

My husband had to tell me 'calm down its just a week' cos he could sense how horrified I was by the prospect of not being in charge of my meal prep while I was in naija embarassed grin

Congrats dear, so happy for you. My dear is actually not easy trying to maintain ones weight/shape after marriage and child birth here in Naija.
The comments you receive is nothing compared to the ones I recieve here, a woman that sells something on my street is always on my case, telling me I should add some weight so that people will know that am married and that my husband treats me well grin.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Chillis: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hot beans with grilled plantain.

Long time I ate this.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
damiso:

Very very well. Went to Nigeria so my exercise and food was disrupted a bit but I was able to manage my portions.have had a couple of 'off' days but as its a lifestyle change I quickly make amends.

My mum is so worried about me grin she thinks I look ill. I kept getting 'see all your bones' 'what is this ' . I never realised how much leaner I was until I had to put on a wrapper. cheesy

I have more 2 more KG to get to my target weight. I run a bit less now though and do a mix of abs/core,Strength training ,legs etc routines. I just find it harder to get motivated to hit the pavement when it's dark outside embarassed

Pic below is my progression from March up until September (L to R) and I am even leaner now.

Mama mia!! You look sexy girl!!

Damiso, I am so impressed. Well done to you and for keeping it real by understanding off-days / setbacks do happen but you always get right back up on that horse and continue. Determination & Consistency. You can never go wrong with that. Lovely pics. Me likey da one on da far right.

Hot mama. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
damiso:
People keep Asking me if I eat grin and they seem suprised when I say I do. 3 to 5 times s day sef smiley

Grilled snapper and salad

I like this. High protein and vegs. Fish is really the best. cheesy

And yeah, several small meals a day beats having two huge compensation(ary) meals a day. Easier for the body to process.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
damiso:

Damiso is a bae!

Great job dami! kiss kiss My only problem is my boobs...they have gone smaller embarassed embarassed angry
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
Chillis:
Hot beans with grilled plantain.

Long time I ate this.

I just ate mine last week.... grin

You went to disneyland?You know what i am referring to. wink
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Chillis: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
These past weeks I have been having cakes, Biscuits
, sausages , croissant , sweet cappuccino etc for breakie grin
I'm still on track for lunch and dinner.

Exercise now is like once in a blue moon grin
Funny enough I haven't even put on weight cos I'm so used to the portion control and healthy meals.
However my small 5 packs wan disappear.

Time to tighten my belt again.
Damiso Don make me vex angry grin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Chillis: 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
edwife:

Damiso is a bae!

Great job dami! kiss kiss My only problem is my boobs...they have gone smaller embarassed embarassed angry

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

grin grin grin

*falls from my iron throne *

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.