Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (67419 Views)

Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan / I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by SaiBuharii: 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Black race and power.
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by CR77(f): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
I just dey laugh oo

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by bigt2(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
I think. Gej is now on top of the list cool good man with bad friends. undecided
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by iphanyiuma(m): 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ok I don hear...in the main time

Eating friedplantain and sipping my alomo bitters tonguetongue
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by mcprince32(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
Eko'onibaje ooo.
I'm not a Lagosian but On January 2nd 2015 I had a vision and saw a big challenge staring at all, and the need for solution, but no one could until I had a loud voice, "JIMI AND IFEANYI". When I made search, I realised it's Jimi Agbaje and Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State. We all know it's not much about party but individual composition and God's approval. Although I don't know them personally, but I kindly request us to give them the chances. Jimi Agbaje and Ifeanyi Okowa. God bless you all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by yaskarahyelhope(f): 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
obi4eze:
And they keep telling us that GEJ is the first person to do it in Africa. I reserve my praise for him till he hands over. Even at that I don't trust him. We have seen his height of desperation and deceit.
He should just do and hand over because his administration leaves bad memories.

May God bless and protect our President-elect.

U need help. May be U need to challenge God!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Kudos to them all
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by seedorfg(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
huh
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by jaykaylegend(m): 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jona's case is lack of choice

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by KingsleyCEO: 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Love you greatly

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Texcoco(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Still doesn't remove any thing from GEJ's Iconic status in Nigeria and Africa.....Mo Ibrahim 's prize for outstanding African leader....loading..

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Plus10(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
God bless you Gej wherever you maybe right now...the founder of mordern day democracy in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Guyman02: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
The problem is that Igbo APC supporters refused to allow PDP post 7m votes like in 2011 in the South East, if not we wont be talking about this story here. Imagine Abia posting 300k from 1.7m and Ebonyi 200k from 1.2m in 2011 and scantily populated Katsina posting 1.3m in 2015. 300k is not up to the population of Ariaria market in Aba. Chai! sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by mcprince32(m): 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
mcprince32:
Eko'onibaje ooo.
I'm not a Lagosian but On January 2nd 2015 I had a vision and saw a big challenge staring at all, and the need for solution, but no one could until I had a loud voice, "JIMI AND IFEANYI". When I made search, I realised it's Jimi Agbaje and Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State. We all know it's not much about party but individual composition and God's approval. Although I don't know them personally, but I kindly request us to give them the chances. Jimi Agbaje and Ifeanyi Okowa. God bless you all.
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ignis: 2:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
At least GEJ made the list...
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
I love this man
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by PAINGAIN: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Kizmarty:
Power is sweet.
Africans and power though.

Goodluck has suceeded in booking a page in history books.
He will go down in history.A true democrat.

If only great grandpa. Mugabe can follow suit...he'll rather die in office .

Africans turning elected positions to birthright. sad
o boy eh, mugabe no send anybody o. Nobody gives less of Bleep than mugabe. If u actually see d man u go know say the niccur no send. He's over 90 now so d dude no go even fit go prison sef. I've even heard he's planning to have his wife become presido after him. Wish comedy central can do the ROAST of mugabe. Lol

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by D9ty7(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Can anybody provide the list of those who refused to concede defeat?

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
9jatriot:
What of the Ghanian president, I thought a ruling party also lost there except my memory fails me.
John Kuffor of Ghana should be in the list. He conceded defeat to the late John Atta Mills.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ok no problem but if we were to turn table and it was Buhari, he will never concede defeat. Anyway thankGod for the wind of change sha make he come begin the work #babanowthatyouarethere, no forget all the promises you made oh.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Beedude(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
bonechamberlain:
most of this guys were not Democratic leaders, Kaunda spent 27 years in power, mehn he is not the only one in the country.. u can't compare that to what gej did, after just one term decides to step down. that's statesmanship that no president in nigeria even the coward of ota cannot be given. .. I think obj the self righteous man is a disgrace to leadership in Africa. only in Nigeria that an ex president would overtly undermine a sitting president because of his selfish, primitive and parochial interest. he should learn from the likes of abdulsalam, ibb, shagari, even buhari on the essentials of being a statesman.
*step down* or voted out ? Modify pls grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
adaweezy:

Mugabe would rather l)DIE!!!!

And the scary thing about Mugabe is that at 90 years he is in really good health for a man his age.

And scary thing number 2...he wants to hand over to disgrace....sorry Grace Mugabe....his dear dear darling missing rib.(whom he started dating when rib one was still alive....but that's another story. grin)

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Xavier9ja(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
[quote He contested for Nigerian 2015 presidential election which he eventually lost to former dictator, General Muhammadu Buhari.[/quote] what do u mean by dictator please
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hardwood still available for sale

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Guyman02:
The problem is that Igbo APC supporters refused to allow PDP post 7m votes like in 2011 in the South East, if not we wont be talking about this story here. Imagine Abia posting 300k from 1.7m and Ebonyi 200k from 1.2m in 2011 and scantily populated Katsina posting 1.3m in 2015. 300k is not up to the population of Ariaria market in Aba. Chai! sad sad sad

Check out this map of voter turnouts. Look at how inflated it was in the SS/SE. They have no shame.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
Still doesn't remove any thing from GEJ's Iconic status in Nigeria and Africa.....Mo Ibrahim 's prize for outstanding African leader....loading..
Phahahahahahahaha. In your dream brother...keep dreaming. Do you know what the Mo Ibrahim award is all about? We are talking about gooooooooooooood governance here and not just conceding defeat to your opponent. Some Nigerians can be annoyingly sentimental! Please visit Google for more information about the award.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
obi4eze:
And they keep telling us that GEJ is the first person to do it in Africa. I reserve my praise for him till he hands over. Even at that I don't trust him. We have seen his height of desperation and deceit.
He should just do and hand over because his administration leaves bad memories.

May God bless and protect our President-elect.

I just tire. One fool was arguing with me on Twitter that GEJ should get a Nobel Peace Prize. And the idiott was dead serious. Had to block his rants.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by dallyemmy: 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
These are from countries in Africa that are doing relatively better than others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment Tinubu Stopped To Exchange Pleasantries With Oshiomhole At ICC (video) / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To The Presidential Election Results From Enugu / Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.