Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. (67425 Views)

Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / Why I Conceded Defeat To Buhari – Jonathan / I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And the scary thing about Mugabe is that at 90 years he is in really good health for a man his age.

And scary thing number 2...he wants to hand over to disgrace....sorry Grace Mugabe....his dear dear darling missing rib.(whom he started dating when rib one was still alive....but that's another story. grin)
That man is a nut case.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Shinelle(f): 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
Haters wont just let GEJ be....
it just hurts to see that at his defeat he's being celebrated even more than the winner...

Expect more of such threads........
#GEJthehero #Ifyoudontlikeit #GoandDieohhhh

N.B I dont reply quotes, aint nobody gat time for that!

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by cmoneke: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
crownprince102:

front page pls
What is wrong with u guys he step down accept defet still u guys won't to kill him with bitter minds hmmm he wil still be a president of d fed rep of nigeria support him its u duty as an indigen of dis gerrn n white country ok all dis past leaders in african posted here did dsame tin but look at d years dat spent on power its quit diff ok give respect to who respect is due God speed nigeria
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by BlackGirlsCode: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Had he insisted on staying tight, we would have Gbagboed him outta Aso Rock!

No sentiment attached!

grin
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
kalindaminda:

I just tire. One fool was arguing with me on Twitter that GEJ should get a Nobel Peace Prize. And the idiott was dead serious. Had to block his rants.
Nobel Peace Prize for what? Mtchewwww. Sentimental reasoning!

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Nobel Peace Prize for what? Mtchewwww. Sentimental reasoning!

Very irritating. Talk about low standards. Patting Johnny on the head for being a good boy. They should give him biscuit na.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by hensben(m): 2:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
bigt2:
I think. Gej is now on top of the list cool good man with bad friends. undecided
you are mistaking calmness(introvert) to goodness my friend..a good man that went dancing after bomb blast and pls dont tell me he surrounds himself with bad people, he is not a kid not to know his left from right...most nigerians will keep celebrating mediocrity..smh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
bonechamberlain:
most of this guys were not Democratic leaders, Kaunda spent 27 years in power, mehn he is not the only one in the country.. u can't compare that to what gej did, after just one term decides to step down. that's statesmanship that no president in nigeria even the coward of ota cannot be given. .. I think obj the self righteous man is a disgrace to leadership in Africa. only in Nigeria that an ex president would overtly undermine a sitting president because of his selfish, primitive and parochial interest. he should learn from the likes of abdulsalam, ibb, shagari, even buhari on the essentials of being a statesman.
i doubt if most of these men are humans,how can u hold a whole country hostage for 27yrsanyway,mugabe prepare,GOD is planning your death!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Texcoco(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Phahahahahahahaha. In your dream brother...keep dreaming. Do you know what the Mo Ibrahim award is all about? We are talking about gooooooooooooood governance here and not just conceding defeat to your opponent. Some Nigerians can be annoyingly sentimental! Please visit Google for more information about the award.
We understand as a janjaweede you guys must be wincing in pain seeing the accolades pouring in for GEJ even stealing the glory of your illiterate president elect Buhari...Too bad,the ball has been set rollin and nothing you janjaweededs can do about it....
www.nairaland.com/2231744/mo-ibrahim-hails-jonathan....
Enjoy.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
OP bless you for this thread. So we can finally hear word.
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ojnnaco(m): 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
posterity will always read abt u( Jonathan) u av made a history
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by bonechamberlain(m): 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
Beedude:

*step down* or voted out ? Modify pls grin
Hahahahahaha...
but in reality he could have scuffled election from the day the card reader refused to read his fingerprint. citing that as a reason. and so many other reasons, especially with the enormous powers he has at his disposal.
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
We understand as a janjaweede you guys must be wincing in pain seeing the accolades pouring in for GEJ even stealing the glory of your illiterate president elect Buhari...Too bad,the ball has been set rollin and nothing you janjaweededs can do about it....
Enjoy.

You should have some pride. The fact that the world is shocked that you people didn't behave like animals should be embarrassing to you.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
Texcoco:
Enjoy.
I hear you. GEJ is a great man. The recipient for this year 2015 Mo Ibrahim award goes to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Defcon1(m): 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
luvmijeje:
Imagine that! He's not even the first....... and you people are spamming everywhere while also rewriting history that happen recently as though it's a big deal.
It's a big deal.
Many people are alive today because of that singular act.
He could have challenged the result, but decided against it

Open your eyes and see the big picture.
For the first time, there was no post-election violence in this democratic dispensation...many lives and property were saved.

lf that is no big deal to you l wonder what is.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by PapaOyoyo: 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
crownprince102:
Nigerians...... Una no dey get patience at all.

Hahahaha. I dey pity Buhari,make him fail to perform,him go hear am

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by rebranded(m): 2:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wheres South Africa on this list?
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by luvmijeje(f): 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
Defcon1:

It's a big deal.
Many people are alive today because of that singular act.
He could have challenged the result, but decided against it

Open your eyes and see the big picture.
For the first time, there was no post-election violence in this democratic dispensation...many lives and property were saved.

lf that is no big deal to you l wonder what is.

Well done to him but that shouldn't erase his misdeeds that allow the avoidable death of thousands of Nigerians all because of his pettiness. He must account for the billions of naira that was budgeted to fight Boko Harams.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
And i hope by the time Buhari will be defeated come 2019, he will equally concede to the defeat without putting lame threats to the people of the country? It's good that records have had it this way and let's see what will happen 2019 when Buhari will be defeated (that's if he will even still be alive then).

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Texcoco(m): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
kalindaminda:

You should have some pride. The fact that the world is shocked that you people didn't behave like animals should be embarrassing to you.
Yes we have pride and joy observing very well your jealousy and annoyance with this whole ticker parade for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan inaadition with badbelle from your slave masters that Nigerian democracy has matured and the whole country not plunging into widespread chaos and bloodshed like Somalia,Yemen,Syria,Libya etc for once Black Africans have got something to be proud of....

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by hardbody: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
Keneking:
FP please...kindly update with the remaining four so that we shall know that it is not only Otuokeans that has achieved such loss in the past. grin

You have made no point. Even the write up taken from Wikipedia acknowledged him as " the first Nigerian sitting president to do so"

Appreciate good things when people do them.
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by stonecoldcafe: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
Good to know others have done it before.
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Defcon1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Beedude(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
bonechamberlain:
Hahahahahaha...
but in reality he could have scuffled election from the day the card reader refused to read his fingerprint. citing that as a reason. and so many other reasons, especially with the enormous powers he has at his disposal.
Both APC and PDP both suffer from PVC failure.. GEJ made so many mistakes and the highest of it was PVC .If TVC were used this election will b more violent (my opinion and based on my experience as a 'NYSC' Returnin officer in Ondo state 2013 election ).. He underated how hard and dangerous it is .. Gone are d days of 100% votes (TVC). In 2011 he had roughly 7mil votes from his region(ghosts voters included). Its just a matter of time before dey can manipulate this PVC 100% cos I trust naija .. smiley
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Emma4Jesu(m): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
Good ones, am still watching 000000000h
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by reemix123(m): 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
When will we in Africa mature in our thinking ? Why praise people for doing the right thing ? Was it not part of the contract that if you lose elections you must step down ? The only politician worth praise is Nelson Mandela...he is the only one who stepped down after 1 term. Unlike all the others you have listed he STEPPED OUT of office on his own terms...he was NOT PUSHED out by the people for poor performance. There is a difference.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by naso2(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
9jatriot:
What of the Ghanian president, I thought a ruling party also lost there except my memory fails me.

Is ruling party the same as incumbent? an outgoing president's party lost
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hardwood still available for sale.

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by Gracyel(f): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
luvmijeje:
Imagine that! He's not even the first....... and you people are spamming everywhere while also rewriting history that happen recently as though it's a big deal.

Its a very big deal o. Peace is a very very big deal.!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by naso2(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
aieromon:
Wow at Kenneth Kaunda surprising the whole world by stepping down after 27 years in power.

There is hope for you in Zimbabwe.

So after 27 years wetin you want making him do? step up?
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by justin04(m): 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
You need to include the Ghanian President who lost a run off election about 6 years ago. I forgot his name.
Re: Top 5 Incumbent President Who Conceded Defeat In Africa. by pamcode(m): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
So he has been in power since 2005 man only Mark and obasanjo senoirs him, Well goodluck to him in his future endeavours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenneth Okonkwo Disqualified By APC Over Failure To Buy N22M Nomination Form / Imo Youths Destroying Ihedioha Billboards (SEE PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Members Catching Fun - VOA (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.