Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. (75032 Views)

How Should I Respond To My Boss Who Fired Me Via Email? / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by mmsen: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
eyeview:
What I have seen here is clearly two sets of advice from two types of people in our society.
Group 1: those who are naturally wired to be entrepreneurs and captains of industries.
Group 2: those who God created to be natural employees and faithful servants,happy to have a job and free from the 'wicked labour market'

Find where you belong in the two.

Slaves vs Freemen.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by InvertedHammer: 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kolade354:
So because she has been giving her free ride,He is now Obliged to carry Handbag............Pls Dont quote me again cosit is obvious you are not in line with me.
/
If you don't want to be quoted, then stay away from a public forum.
\
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by sphinx54: 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
drfk001:
dude you are wrong...she ain't your girlfriend who you can form alpha male for. Dust your cv and include carrying of bags as your special skill
Spot on!
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Fkforyou(m): 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
I think the reason she must have sacked you must have been the way you walked out on her, I.e in a disrespectful manner.

First ,let's analyse this.
1. It depends on the way she approached you, and even if you wanted to decline, you could have done so politely.
or
2.You could first accept to carry her bag and when you get to the office, you can politely let her know your stance in case she wants to try it again, let her know that you know your worth and you wouldn't hesitate to decline next time.

The lady wanted to test you or she wanted to oppress you, but I guess your ego was so wounded that you couldn't be logical.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by calebbintus: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Fabdedon:
you are too proud..
You can even get better payment if you just carry it and joke with her like..
Girls sha.. See big bag like say no be wrapper de inside.. Just simple..

I will fire,employ and re-fire you If you make that joke with me. Are we mates?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
seun, suitcase is for garment/clothing 'box', while briefcase/woman purse is what is carried to the office or lady's total fashion statement on an outing. and seun, you sound like a bad boss that will in a whim forget the job description of your employee just to satisfy your ego. you need to change, mehn.

a woman handbag/purse is an accessory of her total outfit. its similar to her earrings. it is therefore wrong for the lady architect, who in my opinion is a spoiled that may be better of for both the family business and her not to have been part of the family business. she needs to go learn the hard knocks of life.

a lady should know that she is stuck with the handbag she decided at home to make part of her look for the day. why saddle anyone with it, especially somebody whose job is not 'go for'?

i guess this bad manner like others in nigeria needs to be stamped out.

2 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Filmdirect: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
eyeview:

You are a CEO in the making. You have the configurations of an entrepreneur. You have received two sets of advice so far
Group 1 are made of fellow CEO minded people like you who have sense of self worth and have abundance mentality
Group 2 are the people with servant mentality and are glad they have a job and would do anything for their boss to keep the job. They have scarcity mentality and thus believe 'no job out there' theory.

You are too black and white. There have been many answers that do not support what she did, but do not support how he responded at that time of his life.
There are others who have said they handled it, in their time, in a way that did not demean them but are now business owners, highly successful too.

There are others who would have walked away after they found jobs. So no, you can not conclude from all these comments, that only two sets of people exist.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukatyne(f): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
kaboninc:

Bukatyne, see oo

OK, now the picture is clearer

1. The father is akin a very big mistake, that girl will run his sweat to the ground. She might not be lazy buy she is not doing What she likes.

2. The OP would not have gone far however he would have learnt a lot as the father had already seen his potentials.

He let simple bag carrying ruin his chance of learning from the master free of charge

He better go back and beg the lady If possible.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by FORSALE: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
You are in the spirit

Emodeee:

dat YANSH is fit for a doggy style. U dn't even need to bend ya kneels and touch ur toes@ya dp.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by EddyBlingzz(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
eyeview:
You weren't wrong. It was never stated in the offer letter that you job description included carrying her hand bag. She has inferiority complex and she could only overcome it by seeing you do attend to her domestic needs. She wanted to cross the line and you didn't let her. That's the same way some people get to start doing uncomplimentary things to keep their jobs. You were a man.
Don't feel bad,other jobs will turn up.
i thought i was never going to see a comment like this.

You spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Kolade354(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
If you don't want to be quoted, then stay away from a public forum.
\
You are free to express your Opinion,so dont quote me again.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Filmdirect: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Fkforyou:
I think the reason she must have sacked you must have been the way you walked out on her, I.e in a disrespectful manner.

First ,let's analyse this.
1. It depends on the way she approached you, and even if you wanted to decline, you could have done so politely.
or
2.You could first accept to carry her bag and when you get to the office, you can politely let her know your stance in case she wants to try it again, let her know that you know your worth and you wouldn't hesitate to decline next time.

The lady wanted to test you or she wanted to oppress you, but I guess your ego was so wounded that you couldn't be logical.

This is the most objective opinion so far. I concur! And this answer is across the board in application- both to male or female bosses.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by logica(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
dollarlander:

The same pride will finish you just like it finished the devil. Read Proverbs 11:2, proverbs 13:10, proverbs 16:18, proverbs 29:23, 1john2:16 talks about pride of life.

If you now read about Lucifer the author of pride, Isaiah 14:12-15 and beyond if you like.

God bless you.
Feel free quoting from your book of fairytales. It has no bearing on me and my life. God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by sphinx54: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
D painful part for her was when u pretended u didn't hear what she said and left her standing there staring at you walking away like Craig David. You no get mouth ni?
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by ciwi: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
OP, klark3 please answer this question truthfully

If ur boss was a man and he asked you to carry his bag, would you have done the same thing u did to your female boss? Please answer truthfully

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
RoyPCain:
seun, suitcase is for garment/clothing 'box', while briefcase/woman purse is what is carried to the office or lady's total fashion statement on an outing. and seun, you sound like a bad boss that will in a whim forget the job description of your employee just to satisfy your ego. you need to change, mehn.

a woman handbag/purse is an accessory of her total outfit. its similar to her earrings. it is therefore wrong for the lady architect, who in my opinion is a spoiled that may be better of for both the family business and her not to have been part of the family business. she needs to go learn the hard knocks of life.

a lady should know that she is stuck with the handbag she decided at home to make part of her look for the day. why saddle anyone with it, especially somebody whose job is not 'go for'?

i guess this bad manner like others in nigeria needs to be stamped out.
Leave seun alone ohh

He dey always carry Linda ikeji bag

I dey see am For road sometimegrin

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by logica(m): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
elomez:

Look at who was properly brought up! Hmmm dumb ass fool. Please go and sleep.
I don't go about insulting people first. I leave you to draw first blood then bleed to death. So yes, I apply better home training than you. So continue bleating.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukatyne(f): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
eyeview:
What I have seen here is clearly two sets of advice from two types of people in our society.
Group 1: those who are naturally wired to be entrepreneurs and captains of industries.
Group 2: those who God created to be natural employees and faithful servants,happy to have a job and free from the 'wicked labour market'

Find where you belong in the two.

I laugh in Spanish

Go and read How Adenuga slept on OBJ's corridor begging him for Telecom license

AbI Adenuga no bi industry leader?

Go and see How So called industry leaders lobby and beg to get There.

Most people get to the top by seizing opportunities and humility (real or fake).

In life, If you cannot serve, you cannot lead anything worthwhile

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by InvertedHammer: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
omowest:

That is salve trade mentality, if u are work under white man u will know what am talking about. Guy u are 100% right, let kill salve trade mentality in AFRICA
/

Employees = slaves.

Just a matter of semantics.

What is the difference? By January 1st each year, your employer tells how many days you be can sick in a year.

You can form all the big boy/girl you want. It only takes three words to reset your destiny--"-You are fired".

Labour unions are trying their best but the key to.your destiny lies at the feet of your employers.

I wonder what could have happened if Buhari believed that as a General he is too big to take insults from ordinary civilians. He had his mind set on a goal and no roadblocks frustrated his effort.

Do you see where the OP is lacking? You have to serve someone (and take rubbish sef) before you go become oga. I no sure say op get ambition.
/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by mmsen: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
logica:
Feel free quoting from your book of fairytales. It has no bearing on me and my life. God bless you too.

They need that book (one that advises against self-respect) to justify their willful submission to being enslaved.

Some people are very comfortable being slaves, they prefer to accept and old lie than to discover the truth for themselves.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
logica:
I don't go about insulting people first. I leave you to draw first blood then bleed to death. So yes, I apply better home training than you. So continue bleating.

cock and bull story
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by InvertedHammer: 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kolade354:
You are free to express your Opinion,so dont quote me again.
/
NOW BREAK THE SKY!!!

\
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Fabdedon(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
calebbintus:

I will fire,employ and re-fire you If you make that joke with me. Are we mates?
no , am sorry sir
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by xtervaganza(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
JayKaba:
Yes, you are wrong. As long you are not working for yourself, you need to learn to 'suck up' to your boss, especially in our kind of environment (Nigeria). Sorry man, goodluck at your next job.
believe me bro, it's not about our environment alone. It happens everywhere in the world

She's your boss a d you have to respect her till you can stand on your own
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by bukatyne(f): 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/

Employees = slaves.

Just a matter of semantics.

What is the difference? By January 1st each year, your employer tells how many days you be can sick in a year.

You can form all the big boy/girl you want. It only takes three words to reset your destiny--"-You are fired".

Labour unions are trying their best but the key to.your destiny lies at the feet of your employers.

I wonder what could have happened if Buhari believed that as a General he is too big to take insults from ordinary civilians. He had his mind set on a goal and no roadblocks frustrated his effort.

Do you see where the OP is lacking? You have to serve someone (and take rubbish sef) before you go become oga. I no sure say op get ambition.
/

Funny How our posts ended similarly

Those who really want to get to the top must bend and serve.

When they get to the top, they can now form yanga

But to stay up There with yanga, na wahala
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Kolade354(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
NOW BREAK THE SKY!!!

\

Now Break the Moon
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
From the posts I've seen, its very obvious that slavery is in the stars of some people. Some people were born slaves! They can't help it undecided
If you're a man and you've condemned the OP, you ain't going far in life. You have zero self worth and are a disgrace to your kind.

3 Likes

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by Thomsbuky(m): 9:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
xtervaganza:
believe me bro, it's not about our environment alone. It happens everywhere in the world

She's your boss a d you have to respect her till you can stand on your own

Where in everywhere in the world? Its only in Africans and some Asia countries .... In Europe, America, Manager, officer, operative knows their right and responsibility, boundary are respected in western world. However, should any ones overstep or trample one another person...Union, Arbitration court in position to mediate and award compensation to victim of industrial or work related dispute.

1 Like

Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by kelvyn7: 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Viciyus:

I swear, na your generation slavery go start again

hmmmmn, u forget say na naija u dey, no work available. the country is hard! if u get alternative, u fit make yanga. but the situation of s country is not helping matters. Oya find work 4 d guy nau.

The guy may not find another job too quickly. Hw abt if he get family? Hw dem go take feed? loose job becos of pride. not be say na ur junior officer, nah ur boss!! if she talk say make d guy wash her cloth now, I for understand. or say make d guy clean her shoes , I for understand. they went for a meeting and she asked him to help with her bag, and the guy dey form big boy. Big boy my foot!!! if na babe wen him dey pursue b4, and she ask, he no go carry am?? or if na man ßoss nko?

make he go home go tell him family say dey sack am because of dat reason nau.

in fact, I personally feel he had no regards for d lady boss. or mayb cos she is small or young. that's bull sh!t

Brother, there are some key times u swallow ur pride!!! it's not like she does it always, just dat time!

#the way to the top is from the bottom.

#pride kills faster than Ebola
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by dollarlander: 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
logica:

If this is your view of the book of life there's no way you can behave or function very effectively.

I pray for you tonight in the name of Jesus that where you are right now Jesus will appear to you and show himself to you and you will preach the word of God all over the world.

I care not who you are or your religion affiliation. But your soul is very important to me.

The covenant power of God that established RCCG, will revive you and wash you with the blood of Jesus and you will serve God with all your life in Jesus name.
Re: She Asked Me To Carry Her Hand Bag, I Refused And She Fired Me. by duni04(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
kelvyn7:

hmmmmn, u forget say na naija u dey, no work available. the country is hard! if u get alternative, u fit make yanga. but the situation of s country is not helping matters. Oya find work 4 d guy nau.

The guy may not find another job too quickly. Hw abt if he get family? Hw dem go take feed? loose job becos of pride. not be say na ur junior officer, nah ur boss!! if she talk say make d guy wash her cloth now, I for understand. or say make d guy clean her shoes , I for understand. they went for a meeting and she asked him to help with her bag, and the guy dey form big boy. Big boy my foot!!! if na babe wen him dey pursue b4, and she ask, he no go carry am?? or if na man ßoss nko?

make he go home go tell him family say dey sack am because of dat reason nau.

in fact, I personally feel he had no regards for d lady boss. or mayb cos she is small or young. that's bull sh!t

Brother, there are some key times u swallow ur pride!!! it's not like she does it always, just dat time!

#the way to the top is from the bottom.

#pride kills faster than Ebola
Pele. I understand you, its in your stars undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.