Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene (25747 Views)

Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) / Why I Am Joining APC – Florence Ita-Giwa / "I Have No Intentions Of Joining APC'' - Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 04, 2015
menix:
I jst pray Willie aint pondering such..
Yes, APC aint a bad party for now buh leaving APGA is betraying Late Ojukwu's legacy.

Obiano u won under APGA considering d Luv ur pple had towards d late War lord's party nd u feel u can betray them..

Sure u will b on a political sucide attempting such..
What legacy? Obiano has no issue with anyone but rather Peter Obi who sold out by joining the PDP. I urge Obiano to join the APC, anambrarians cannot be left out in the scheme of things.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Adex097: 9:50am On Apr 04, 2015
APC should please close the transfer window...We need a formidable opposition in Nigeria. @PDP needs transformation and rebranding. cool
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2015
20pounds:
This is the only available route for Obiano; if he wants to stay relevant in the politics of Anambra state. He has destroyed himself by isolating and carrying on with his wife as if there is no tomorrow.

Decamping to the APC would only allow him to enjoy his 4 year term uniterrupted but would not give him a re election cos he has allowed himself to be carried away by the comfort of his office. As long as our elections remain credible, all thanks to GEJ and Jega, he will never win.

GeJ's legacy is free and fair elections.

I disagree, his good works will speak for him. Democracy and free and fair election are one and the same. A good governor with good showing has a greater chance of getting voted in a free and fair election and vice versa.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:55am On Apr 04, 2015
omenka:
Obiano seems to be a reasonable man, focussed and mature. He should remain in his party and rally men of like minds to form a strong opposition party that could mitigate likely excesses from APC.

Much as I support APC, one cannot deny the importance of having a vibrant opposition. It is the only way to deepen democracy and promote good governance.
nice comment.first of its kind
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 04, 2015
MightyD:
Anambra state hate apc with their bloody passion.......

Am tired of reading apc forging messages all time***
you hate not Anambra hate, pls speak for yourself. I'm an anambrarian and I belong to the APC.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by ngoziama: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ill-stop-obiano-from-joining-apc-ogene/

Obiano has been nursing that plan and I want to let him know that Ojukwu will deal with all of them that have betrayed apga. As for victor umeh, I wonder why the court is still wasting time in handing over the chairmanship office to Max Okwu.That man is so greedy and selfish. Assuming victor umeh had won the senate in the state, I bet you he would have decamped to apc to actualise an igbo senate president dream but unfortunately he can never smell that .Only small minds would give an office to victor umeh because his greed, selfishness, diabolic nature can never allow him add value to anywhere.Instead of a victor umeh to represent ibo people at the senate then let an animal perhaps a dog represent us.He is just a bat. Obiano, why do you always wear those dark glasses ? Are we covering up the after effect of excess champagne that you take.Obiano's defection to apc would mean a political suicide.I wonder why obiano who stole other peoples' mandate with the help of Obi and victor umeh fell out so quickly with obi. Human beings and power.Obiano can never be trusted and I wont be surprised if he defects to Apc. If you like defect to pac , all I know is that umeh should hand over the chairmanship to the right person.He is so greedy and wicked.I watched how he threw a 100k to unizik students to share during his campaign and I wonder whether it has reached to the extent of flinging money to the poor students like they are animals. Obiano and Umeh are indeed wrong calculation and combination made by obi .Of course, if obi is given another chance, obiano will never ever smell that position at all.Obiano ndi anambra are watching.Decamp and see how you will crash.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by stan241(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2015
I'm sure Obiano would definetely consider taking this route because Victor Umeh has all but ruined APGA single handedly even his governorship candidate in Lagos has adopted the APC, the party is all but drowning in the east and I'm sure he wouldn't want to be anywhere near Peter Obi in the PDP, he would definetely consider going the Rochas way and have a free hand to do what he wants in his state and let's not abuse him now because he is working no matter which party he belongs to as long as he has worked his changing of party shouldn't hamper his re-election especially as we claim as igbos to put personality above party
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Lanceslot(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2015
This man, afam ogene is a very stupid man. Don't take him serious.

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by maum: 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
oyb:

I have not seen anything to indicate that obaino is anything other than a lightweight imposed by his predecessor. I doubt the man had it in him to rally APAPA into an opposition. The only in politician that may ha E been able to achieve that, imho, is rochas

What you don't know, is what you don't know
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by asadike(f): 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Abeg,make I laugh small. Obiano ngwanu, try it. U ve forgotten so soon that anambra state is no state to joke with. Ask ngige, he Will explain better.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by DTaj: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Obiano should take serious time he should better not be contemplating joining that lying party called APC or l swear i go throw him name for Amadioha shrine to deal with him. angry

This must be one of APC lies if willie is to decamp he will join PDP cos they swept Senate and HOR and is more accpected in Anambra but he is going nowhere
Willie is working cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Use your brain. Think before typing thrash. Why did you say 'it must be one of APC lies' when it was clearly reported that Governor Obiano summoned all APGA exco members and local government chairmen to his country home and hinted that he was considering moving to APC!

Are you still suffering from migraine following the failure of outgoing President Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by oneast: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
I am a member of the advance team of the governor. Your lies stinks so bad. There was never a time such meeting was initiated or even thought of.

Obiano is the last person on planet earth that will join the Islamic APC. Mark my word.

DTaj:

Use your brain. Think before typing thrash. Why did you say 'it must be one of APC lies' when it was clearly reported that Governor Obiano summoned all APGA exco members and local government chairmen to his country home and hinted that he was considering moving to APC!

Are you still suffering from migraine following the failure of outgoing President Jonathan?
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
Abagworo:

Lol. Once again I seem to be right. Obiano has the character of a progressive quite unlike Peter Obi. His joining APC is merely joining like minds that want the development of Nigeria. Victor Umeh is never a good friend to anybody. To him it is all about the money.

If APC like let them make Okorocha the President he will never lead the Igbo. Secondly,you all wish Obiano joins APC....If wishes were horses beggars will ride!

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
DTaj:

I guess you pulled that off your s..hit brain.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
asadike:
Abeg,make I laugh small. Obiano ngwanu, try it. U ve forgotten so soon that anambra state is no state to joke with. Ask ngige, he Will explain better.

Nwada,longest of time...How body?
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by asadike(f): 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Nwada,longest of time...How body?
indeed nwokeoma. U ve forgotten me now. Anuta abogho achupu agadi.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Tonason: 6:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by bishop4life(m): 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
APC'S OTHER MODE OF SEEKING ANAMBRA'S ATTENTION...

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Cuche: 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
I don't see anything wrong in Obiano moving to a new party. I said it times without number on this forum that the only person who had a pact with Ojukwu is Mr Peter Obi and unfortunately, he failed to build APGA especially his reluctance to conduct LG elections all along.
Obiano joining a bigger party will kind of be protective for him and being a Governor makes him automatically the leader of whichever party he wants to join in the State . However, if he fails to secure upto 80% of the State Assembly for APGA on the 11th then he should not have a second thought in joining a bigger party. Should PDP get hold of the whole state Assembly and Obiano is not in PDP, their primary project will be to IMPEACH him. He can't build APGA, it is a project destined to fail, it is not his fault.
But then his contemplating APC membership is not bad, it will benefit the State more, I think it is too early for that afterall he is not contesting any election till 2018. If I were in his shoe I will enter PDP for now that will give me the right footing to ward of aggressors and because I will be better placed being the Governor with both the money and the clout meanwhile, remain committed to delivering quality projects to win the goodwill of the masses
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by oneast: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Obiano is too busy Building APGA to be Distracted.

Our attention has been drawn to a publication in Thisday of April 4,
2015 with the caption: “Obiano not Welcome in APC, Vows Ogene,” which
is credited to one Hon Afam Ogene, the outgoing member representing
Ogbaru Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives.
Ordinarily, we do not respond to speculations, hawked around by
attention-seekers looking for a needless spat with public figures to
shore up their non-existent political capital. However, Hon. Ogene’s
laughable frothing in the mouth came at a time when the nation’s
appetite for sensational stories about political leaders is at the
keenest level and therefore deserves to be dismissed with a wave of
the hand before gullible members of the public begin to give him the
attention he so desperately needs at this moment.

The question is why would any serious person manufacture an
incredulous story in order to enable him issue a statement and cast
aspersions on the governor of Anambra State? The answer is simple,
after falling out of favour with his constituents and failing to get a
renewed mandate from the people, Hon. Afam Ogene is clutching at
straws to save his drowning political career. It may be necessary to
recall that Hon. Ogene’s career was built on quick sand in the first
place; starting off as one of the whimsical acts of political
patronage of the era that produced him. The erstwhile member of the
House of Reps has since discovered that sterling political careers do
not stand on legs of straws after he failed to make any impression on
the members of his constituents with his pointedly abysmal performance
in the legislative chambers.

Sadly, Ogene has continued to betray the poor political judgment that
cost him his congressional seat with his recent hoary attack on
Governor Obiano which he launched in the belief that such infantile
gambit would shore up his political value before the APC leadership
that is currently looking to heal the wounds of the recent
presidential elections and build a united country. If Ogene thought
that by demonizing Governor Obiano, he would win the approval of his
party leaders, he has simply shown himself as a political cretin;
incapable of seeing beyond his nose.

Afam Ogene’s handlers must advise him to retreat from the ignoble path
he has chosen for himself. It is not only unprofitable to seek to
build a career from hawking pale-faced propaganda but almost suicidal
to court unearned attention by attacking the people’s favourite
symbols of excellence.

While politics is known to be a game of possibilities, it may be
worthwhile to remind Ogene that Governor Obiano is fully aware that as
the Chairman BoT and National Leader of APGA, he carries the
socio-cultural mandate of a people who look up to him to preserve and
not betray it. It was in full awareness of the unction he carries on
behalf of the people of the South East zone that Governor Obiano
congratulated the President Elect, General Muhammadu Buhari on his
victory, assuring him of the support of Ndi Anambra and Ndigbo in his
impending effort to build a new Nigeria.

It may also be necessary to remind Ogene and his likes that Governor
Obiano’s antecedents as a technocrat and a man that keeps his words
are well known. His exploits as a high-performing governor who has
justified the confidence of his people with a resounding report card
after just one year in office is also well known. Consequently, any
attempt to diminish Governor Obiano with inchoate stratagems and
yellow journalism of the type that Victor Ogene is orchestrating in
the media will end in futility.

Candidly, somebody should please tell Hon. Afam Ogene that Governor
Willie Obiano, the Akpokuodike Aguleri is too busy building Anambra
and APGA to be distracted by political upstarts and cheap publicity
stunt-masters.

Signed

James Eze

SSA Media to the Governor

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by nworanco(m): 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by nworanco(m): 10:10pm On Apr 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
franciskaine:
you hate not Anambra hate, pls speak for yourself. I'm an anambrarian and I belong to the APC.

Mechie onu gi kita.......
Ibughi onye mbanyi......
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by success9(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yugosng:
How exactly does he plan to stop Obiano? With force?

I no understand sef
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by success9(m): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
omenka:
Obiano seems to be a reasonable man, focussed and mature. He should remain in his party and rally men of like minds to form a strong opposition party that could mitigate likely excesses from APC.

Much as I support APC, one cannot deny the importance of having a vibrant opposition. It is the only way to deepen democracy and promote good governance.

Joining the APC will actually create the opposition you are talking about. Anambra is a PDP state (though APGA is at the centre). PDP has all the federal law makers seats and will yet win most in the House of Assembly. With APGA dying a natural death...what say you?

As a matter of fact, I think APGA should merge with a biGGer party...
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by janengozi(f): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
OP please my dear Governor, His Excellency willie Obiano is not in case thinking of joining the useless APC

1 Like

Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
MightyD:

Mechie onu gi kita.......
Ibughi onye mbanyi......
lol, nnwanem rapu akuko, anyi bu ofu.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2015
Korrection:
We started nairaland. For once please use your sense.
and i hope you are using you own sense and it tells you to quote me. stupidity is a disease!!
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by MrBasketball: 11:30am On Apr 14, 2015
It depends.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
franciskaine:
lol, nnwanem rapu akuko, anyi bu ofu.

Gina onye bu ofu

Ibu onye hausa 0h.
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
MightyD:

Gina onye bu ofu
Ibu onye hausa 0h.
lol
Re: I Will Stop Governor Obiano From Joining APC – Ogene by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
MightyD:

Gina onye bu ofu
Ibu onye hausa 0h.
lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Honored With 'War Lord' In Kogi (1985 Throwback Photo) / Ahmed Gulak I Was Almost Kidnapped In Imo During APC Primary / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.