Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3015428 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:15pm On May 23, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:15pm On May 23, 2016
rugged7:
This is probably the 1st and last time i will agree with a south african.

BUT, the badges are not upto scratch.

The 72 MSF badge is not too bad.

But i think they are hand crafting these badges with poor outcomes.

Or using people who are not very good at it.

Or probably corruption has a lot to do with it.

I am quite sure that cheap Machines exist which can mass produce better qualities.

The 72 MSF is okay.

For the other badges I posted, the design & concept is poorly laid out, talk less of the production. But with time I know will improve, let's encourage made in naija stuffs......... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:20pm On May 23, 2016
@ MikeCZA

Kindly post us some SADF SF badges.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:22pm On May 23, 2016
#CION IMAGES.....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 6:17pm On May 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:22pm On May 23, 2016
MikeCZA:
Qualifications.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Badges_of_the_South_African_Army#Qualification:_Special_Forces_Operator_Badge

I thought u would show us real badges, not 2D pictures.. ..... ......... shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EFX001: 9:15pm On May 23, 2016
@bidexiii looking at those first set of badges abeg which kind qualification be "follow me" ? lmao

Can you get access to some Nigerian airforce patches? That would be great as well.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 10:19pm On May 23, 2016
bidexiii:

I thought u would show us real badges, not 2D pictures.. ..... ......... shocked
Thought you wanted to see the designs but I can see you were offended.

Picture: A Major General with SASF(10 years with the unit) and paratrooper instructor qualification badges.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:18am On May 24, 2016
EFX001:
@bidexiii looking at those first set of badges abeg which kind qualification be "follow me" ? lmao

Can you get access to some Nigerian airforce patches? That would be great as well.

Honestly I don't know the meaning.........?
And NAF badges are pretty cool.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 8:17am On May 24, 2016
EFX001:

Probably the unit's motto.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:50am On May 24, 2016
BREAKING NEWS: CHIEF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS BOMB MAKER KILLED BY COLLEAGUE ANOTHER GOES BLIND

In what will be described as a major breakthrough in the clearance and rescue operation by the Nigerian military and to also confirm that all is not well within the Boko Haram terrorists camp, as their chief bomb maker and a high ranking terrorist, was shot dead today.

The chief bomb maker, apart from his high status in the command structure of the Boko Haram terrorists, he was one of their capable hands involved in making Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), coming after their chief scientist, called Abu RPG (who has been killed long ago).

The chief bomb maker was killed by one of the body guard of the Boko Haram terrorists leader, Abubakar Shekau as he was about to run away just like several others are doing because of the intensity of Operation CRACKDOWN.

In a related development, one Julelebeeb who was appointed to take over is now completely blind because his two eyes were shattered by shrapnel, in the process of preparing an IED to consolidate his appointment.

There is no doubt, this development has dealt a devastating blow on the terrorists capacity on IED preparation, suicide bombing and their ability to sustain their criminal acts.

We would like to reassure the public that our troops are continuing with the clearance and rescue operations successfully in order to completely clear Boko Haram terrorists wherever they might be hiding.

Thank you for your kind and usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:55am On May 24, 2016
#BATTLE FIELD PICTURES.......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:11am On May 24, 2016
WHICH OF THE PROFORCE ARMOURED VEHICLE HIS THESE........?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 11:21am On May 24, 2016
@ Bidexii that's not a Proforce vehicle. Let me check for the name
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:47am On May 24, 2016
Fynline:

Tnks mate av searched through Proforce products, I couldn't find the match. Please do @fynline.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 12:00pm On May 24, 2016
Fynline:
are u sure it's not, cos it might be d ara or viper APC .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:14pm On May 24, 2016
giles14:
are u sure it's not, cos it might be d ara or viper APC .

@giles14, @fynline is looks much like an viper armored vehicle......?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 24, 2016
bidexiii:
WHICH OF THE PROFORCE ARMOURED VEHICLE HIS THESE........?

That's a Streit MKII APC. It's not really suitable for military duties because of it's low Silhouette.

It's "this" not "these" man, and "is" not "his". You got me abit confused. No offence intended though.

Striet vehicles have a couple quality control issues. In Ebonyi state bullets went through Streit MK II vehicles, similar to the one above, killing all the policemen in them.

Anyway, it's a decent find.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 24, 2016
bidexiii:

@giles14, @fynline is looks much like an viper armored vehicle......?

You can see the Striet Insignia in-front. I do know though that some MK II vehicles were been refurbished by Proforce, i can't say if these are part of them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 2:28pm On May 24, 2016
Henry, u no dey see something comot eye...?

lol...Why u dey worry bidexiii

Sometimes i wonder if he is not Igbi from Beegeagles Blog

It's a similar written syntax

The grammatical dyslexia is especially common with francophiles

But you sure can't quarrel with the authenticity and quality of bidexiii's front line pictures though

Again, no disrespect oga bidexiii

All protocols observed

Henry240:

That's a Streit MKII APC. It's not really suitable for military duties because of it's low Silhouette.

It's "this" not "these" man, and "is" not "his". You got me abit confused. No offence intended though.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 24, 2016
rugged7:
Henry, u no dey see something comot eye...?

lol...Why u dey worry bidexiii

Sometimes i wonder if he is not Igbi from Beegeagles Blog

Especially common with francophiles

Lol..... You dey worry oh.

Nobody dey above mistake na, shuuu!

Atleast if dem no correct me how i wan use learn, that na y i say i no mean any offence oh.

Bidexiii, I sure say na Bidemi be him name, Yoruba man, hence the constant use of "his". On the other hand, Igbi na french man.

Again nobody dey above error, guy! Even though say na internet guy men we be atleast, we fit they correct our errors na.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:36pm On May 24, 2016
Henry240:

Striet vehicles have a couple quality control issues. In Ebonyi state bullets went through Streit MK II vehicles, similar to the one above, killing all the policemen in them.

Anyway, it's a decent find.

.......... wink wink shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:39pm On May 24, 2016
Henry240:

You can see the Striet Insignia in-front. I do know though that some MK II vehicles were been refurbished by Proforce, i can't say if these are part of them.

Shiit.......I did not even took cognizance notice of the insignia infront............?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:43pm On May 24, 2016
PLEASE ANOTHER ONE.......?

Please I.D the equipment mounted on the RPG & rocoilless-riffle

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 24, 2016
bidexiii:

Shiit.......I did not even took cognizance notice of the insignia infront............?

Yeah..... Sure, It's obscured.

I just hope going forward we would be able to field 500+ Nigerian built vehicles by our military.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 24, 2016
rugged7:

The grammatical dyslexia is especially common with francophiles

But you sure can't quarrel with the authenticity and quality of bidexiii's front line pictures though

Again, no disrespect oga bidexiii

All protocols observed

Sure...... The man dey try, it takes a lot of commitment!!! The battlefield photos are a glorious delight.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 24, 2016
bidexiii:
PLEASE ANOTHER ONE.......?

Please I.D the equipment mounted on the RPG & rocoilless-riffle

this looks like the GS-2R Universal Day-Night Sight wink wink
it actually is grin grin
must be either a Russian derivative or east European derivative (high chances Belarus origin)
3x optical magnification
1x night vision (attachment) magnification
power source for both
Dioptric adjustment +/-4dptr ( Dioptric adjustment allows for fine-tuning of the viewfinder focus to suit an individual’s eyes)
etc

actually one of the circles you can see serves as a attachment point for clip-on night vision devices / thermal imaging devices.

it is a pretty rugged device and very much protected from environmental degradation's , we studied it to come up with our own solutions. grin grin

by the way congrats for crossing 100 grin grin cheesy cheesy
next target 1000 cool cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:58pm On May 24, 2016
nemesis2u:

this looks like the GS-2R Universal Day-Night Sight wink wink
it actually is grin grin
must be either a Russian derivative or east European derivative (high chances Belarus origin)
3x optical magnification
1x night vision (attachment) magnification
power source for both
Dioptric adjustment +/-4dptr ( Dioptric adjustment allows for fine-tuning of the viewfinder focus to suit an individual’s eyes)
etc

actually one of the circles you can see serves as a attachment point for clip-on night vision devices / thermal imaging devices.

it is a pretty rugged device and very much protected from environmental degradation's , we studied it to come up with our own solutions. grin grin

by the way congrats for crossing 100 grin grin cheesy cheesy
next target 1000 cool cool

@nemesis2u thanks for the info on the GS-2R Universal Day-Night Sight and it good to know that the army now field's such equipment anyway. And thanks for being part of the 100page bench mark. wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:32pm On May 24, 2016
#CION PICTURES...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:53pm On May 24, 2016
Nigerian army reclaims two Borno Emirs palaces captured by Boko Haram

Maiduguri –  Two out of five traditional rulers in Borno State sacked from their palaces by Boko Haram insurgents have returned to their domains after 17 months of exile .

The monarchs were sacked in August 2015 by the insurgents.

The two traditional rulers that have returned to their palaces are Emir of Askira, Abdullahi Mai Muhammadu Askirama and Emir of Uba, Ali Ibn Ismaiya Mamza.

Borno State Deputy Governor, Usman Mamman Durkwa, accompanied the Emirs to their respective palaces in Askira/Uba local government areas, where huge jubilant crowds welcomed them

The Emir of Bama Kyari Ibn Ibrahim El-Kanemi and Emir of Dikwa Muhammad Ibn Shehu Masta, are still resident in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, as refugees.

The Emir of Gwoza, Idrissa Timta was killed after he was abducted by members of the sect.

He was killed following an ambush by members of the sect along Tashan Alade on his way to Gombe  State to attend the funeral of the Emir of Gombe, Shehu Abubakar.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 24, 2016
1st pic : Nigerian soldiers with a RPG-7 mounted with a GS-2R Universal Day-Night Sight

2nd pic : RM-70 multiple rocket launcher

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 24, 2016
double post

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.