Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025618 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 24, 2016
chkil:
1st pic : Nigerian soldiers with a RPG-7 mounted with a GS-2R Universal Day-Night Sight

2nd pic : RM-70 multiple rocket launcher

lol in the 1st picture one of the guys has a harmonica / mouth organ it seems or am i wrong
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:03am On May 25, 2016
nemesis2u:

lol in the 1st picture one of the guys has a harmonica / mouth organ it seems or am i wrong

Yeap... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:44am On May 25, 2016
AFSF WITH RANGER BAG PACK....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:07am On May 25, 2016
Kenyan military jets target Al shabaab base in Somalia

Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) fighter jets have on Tuesday launched air raids against Al-Shabaab targets and bases in Lower Jubba region in southern parts of Somalia, reports said.

Latest reports indicate that KDF warplanes struck Al shabaab-held Berhani village, located approximately 65 Kilometers (40 miles) away from Somalia’s southern port city of Kismayo.

The aerial offensives targeted militant’s operational bases in the two regions. Initial reports suggest Al-Shabaab militants suffered high number of casualties in the KDF airstrike, according to a resident.

“The military jets hovered over the town’s skyline at around 12:00A.M. in the midnight before they fired missiles on Al shabaab base in Berhani area,” said the resident who spoke on condition of anonymity.

KDF troops who are part of AMISOM’s sector two in Somalia are using airpower to attack Al-Shabaab targets in renewed efforts to annihilate Al-Shabaab camps.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:43am On May 25, 2016
NAF TO ENHANCE WEAPON SYSTEM THROUGH COLLABORATION WITH CSTP

In furtherance of the drive for self-reliance, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is seeking to enhance its weapon delivery capability through collaboration with the Centre for Space Transport and Propulsion (CSTP). Receiving a team of CSTP officials at Headquarters Nigerian Air Force, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar stated that “the NAF is zealous about optimizing indigenous capacity and willing to expand existing frontier of collaboration with research institutions in the country that possess the potential to enhance its operations”.

Air Marshal Abubakar stated that with the recent launch of experimental rocket by CSTP to a height of 5km, the NAF intends to take advantage of this feat to improve its weapon delivery capability by leveraging on existing partnership with National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA). The possible areas of collaboration, the CAS noted, include extending the range of rocket release beyond 1.5 km for Mi-35 helicopters, development of guided munitions, as well as weapon delivery capacity for own made Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). Beyond the ongoing counterinsurgency operations in the Northeast, Air Marshal Abubakar stated that these objectives are crucial to fulfilling NAF statutory roles, both now and in the future. Meanwhile, the Director of Engineering and Space Systems, Dr Femi Agboola, representing the Director General NASRDA, has said that the Agency has the capacity to meet the aspirations by the NAF.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:51am On May 25, 2016
#AFSF PICTURES......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko1: 1:43pm On May 25, 2016
I
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 4:29pm On May 25, 2016
Best news i have read this year!!! i have been singing about the need to work on locally developed systems as well as munitions. Thanfully someone seems to have heard my song. Long may we continue along this path!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

bidexiii:
NAF TO ENHANCE WEAPON SYSTEM THROUGH COLLABORATION WITH CSTP

In furtherance of the drive for self-reliance, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is seeking to enhance its weapon delivery capability through collaboration with the Centre for Space Transport and Propulsion (CSTP). Receiving a team of CSTP officials at Headquarters Nigerian Air Force, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar stated that “the NAF is zealous about optimizing indigenous capacity and willing to expand existing frontier of collaboration with research institutions in the country that possess the potential to enhance its operations”.

Air Marshal Abubakar stated that with the recent launch of experimental rocket by CSTP to a height of 5km, the NAF intends to take advantage of this feat to improve its weapon delivery capability by leveraging on existing partnership with National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA). The possible areas of collaboration, the CAS noted, include extending the range of rocket release beyond 1.5 km for Mi-35 helicopters, development of guided munitions, as well as weapon delivery capacity for own made Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). Beyond the ongoing counterinsurgency operations in the Northeast, Air Marshal Abubakar stated that these objectives are crucial to fulfilling NAF statutory roles, both now and in the future. Meanwhile, the Director of Engineering and Space Systems, Dr Femi Agboola, representing the Director General NASRDA, has said that the Agency has the capacity to meet the aspirations by the NAF.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:00pm On May 25, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:01pm On May 25, 2016
SergeAlain:
Best news i have read this year!!! i have been singing about the need to work on locally developed systems as well as munitions. Thanfully someone seems to have heard my song. Long may we continue along this path!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not only you mate...... wink

And I hope it will not only die on media/news. It will be back with action...!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:14pm On May 25, 2016
CION PICTURES........

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:41am On May 26, 2016
A NAF SOLDIER WITH A RECOILLESS-RIFFLE & IT'S AMMUNATION.

The recoilless riffle can also be folded for easy transporting by a solder, as seeing in the picture.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 6:47am On May 26, 2016
bidexiii:

The recoilless riffle can also be folded for easy transporting by a solder, as seeing in the picture.
but the camp dat of the airforce
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:00am On May 26, 2016
giles14:
but the camp dat of the airforce

An airforce soldier, but the statiin/camp may be mixture of army,navy & airforce joint operation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:15am On May 26, 2016
Army acquires vehicles to enhance communication

The Nigerian Army has acquired six vehicles to enhance communication in its fight against insurgency in the North-East.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that the vehicles were inaugurated by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, during his visit to Lagos on Wednesday.

Buratai said the vehicles, procured by the Army Signal Corps, would be deployed to help in prosecuting the fight against insurgency in the North- East.

``We are still pursuing the terrorists and we will continue to do that. The situation is so far so good as the troops are doing very well.

the COAS also addressed troops at 81 Division in Bonny Camp as part of his first official visit to Lagos.

Buratai told the soldiers to establish very good and cordial relationship with civilians.

He warned them not to allow themselves to be used for any criminal act against the society or the country.

``Any act of indiscipline, criminality or sabotage must be avoided and do not associate yourselves with criminals,'' he warned.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:00am On May 26, 2016
bidexiii:

Can anyone identify what kind of recoilless rifle this is and origin of manufacture.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:32am On May 26, 2016
KDF kill 21 al-Shabaab terrorists in Hawina area, Somalia

The incident happened Tuesday after the troops had come under attack as they travelled from Dobley to Tabda. According to KDF spokesman Col David Obonyo, among those killed include a junior level Commander, Salad Bart who is believed to have been in-charge of the group. He said the incident happened when the troops were approaching Hawina and were shot at prompting an operation.

The troops, who were on route to Tabda from Dobley, while approaching Hawina at 8.23am were shot at by a lone al-Shabaab terrorist who fled the scene,” said Obonyo. Col Obonyo did not indicate if there were casualties on the side of KDF troops. He said following the shooting, KDF troops started patrolling the area to flush out Al Shabaab terrorists. At around 10am the troops engaged Al Shabaab terrorists who were attempting to mount an ambush along the road to Tabda. This resulted to the killing of the 21 militants.

KDF went to Somalia in October 2011. Kenya's incursion into southern Somalia started after the kidnapping of two Spanish women, who were working for MSF at the Dadaab refugee camp. The abductions were carried out by the militants who the troops said planned to push away under the Operation Linda Nchi. Two years later, the troops managed to take control of Kismayo port under Operation Sledge Hammer. Initially a team of about 2000 troops had been engaged in the operation but the number doubled when Kenya joined UN’s AMISOM. The Kenyan military says there is no set exit date for the operation, but the indicator of the mission's success would be a crippling of Al-Shabaab's capacity. The militants have struck Kenya more than four times demanding the withdrawal of the troops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:33am On May 26, 2016
LTGEN:

Can anyone identify what kind of recoilless rifle this is and origin of manufacture.

2nded....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:03am On May 26, 2016
#CION PICTURES......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvodJmGExY

CDS commissioning refurbished gun boats
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:19am On May 26, 2016
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvodJmGExY

CDS commissioning refurbished gun boats

Are you kidding me.......i thought they where new..... shocked shocked shocked

Commissioning of refurbished gun boats and the CDs,CAS,COAS & CNS are all present @ the occasion ........ grin The only military chief I did not notice is the chief of military intellegence. it's funny kind of
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 12:18pm On May 26, 2016
LTGEN:

Imi b300
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 26, 2016
bidexiii:

Commissioning of refurbished gun boats and the CDs,CAS,COAS & CNS are all present @ the occasion ........ grin The only military chief I did not notice is the chief of military intellegence. it's funny kind of

LOL....... Don't look at it that way. They were in Port-Harcourt for a security meeting with the governor over this NDA issue. The commissioning was only a side event.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:24pm On May 26, 2016
Henry240:

LOL....... Don't look at it that way. They were in Port-Harcourt for a security meeting with the governor over this NDA issue. The commissioning was only a side event.

Okay.. ....... ... smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:32pm On May 26, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Imi b300

From what I saw on the IMI -300 it looks more sophisticated/defferent than the pictures I posted. Here is a link ; http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=117
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 26, 2016
bidexiii:

Okay.. ....... ... smiley
You have any photos of Igirigi LAV.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:40pm On May 26, 2016
Henry240:

You have any photos of Igirigi LAV.

For now nope........
But as soon I get a picture of one I'll post it...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 26, 2016
bidexiii:

For now nope........ But as soon I get a picture of one I'll post it...
Okay..... Cool!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 26, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:36pm On May 26, 2016
NN DEEP WATER DIVING....

1st & 2nd picture where taken in russia

3rd & 4th picture where taken in a NN facility.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by petri: 4:43pm On May 26, 2016
bidexiii:

Sad. So NN refurbishes 3 patrol boats and that huge commissioning celebration was organised? Until the services start getting serious, this cycle of mediocrity will not end. Well, they necessity is the mother of invention. Many concerned citizens of and interested parties in Nigeria have been calling for localised ship building but nothing serious has happened. With Nigerdock facilities and other marine facilities in Nigeria. By now, Nigeria should be building the hulls of vessels of up to 3000 tons at home. Imagine the cost that will be cut if all hulls are built at home and Nigeria enters into agreement with some small but faithful companies from countries like Russia or Germany to outfit the vessels with engines, navigation and weapons systems. Patrol boats, FACs and other light vessels should be things routinely built in house. The human and industrial capacity is there, but I suppose it is not attractive enough to do business at home.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 26, 2016
bidexiii:

From what I saw on the IMI -300 it looks more sophisticated/defferent than the pictures I posted. Here is a link ; http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=117

this is definitely not imi b300

looks to me a modern form/derivative of super-bazooka not sure though,
by the way never seen it before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.