Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3034082 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 24, 2017
bidexiii:

definately the dirty jobs- instraction and extraction deep into enemy territory............etc grin grin grin grin
It's horses that got me thinking man grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2017
nemesis2u:

lol

i was indicating this in the first place when i asked bidexiii to identify it,

u said it was a air traffic control radar, so i interpreted that u were referring to it but i had my doubts nevertheless .

as i said before it looks like a low level air surveillance radar and importantly it belongs to the air force.

either way it looks Chinese to me , but i have not seen it before, so cannot identify it positively
but IMO it is a low level air surveillance radar

the 2nd pic is the mobile air traffic control tower (which u indicated to earlier) which is tied up to the low level air surveillance radar in the first pic (which i indicated to earlier).

the portable surveillance radar feeds the necessary info to the mobile ATC for use.

this kind of system/configuration is used in war time forward air bases without dedicated ATC facilities

This is exactly what I was thinking when I thought to myself what kind of situation would this system best be utilized.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 24, 2017
bidexiii:

the low level radar there on display. grin shocked grin

lol grin grin grin grin

u came in just a tad too early with ur answer grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

This is exactly what I was thinking when I thought to myself what kind of situation would this system best be utilized.

this is good for civilian cases too
in times of emergency like natural disasters , failure in primary ATC etc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
nemesis2u:

lol grin grin grin grin

u came in just a tad too early with ur answer grin grin grin grin

winks..................... wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just finished watching the NAF documentary and it was really informative & educative.

there was these funny part where french forces fighting in Cameroon video was introduced into the video,it was a 0.3 second cut. why would the video editor do such a thing. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
Experience in Bangladesh helped in fight against Boko Haram, says Nigerian Army Chief

http://en.poriborton.com/international/5830
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
CION

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
LIFE IN KAFANCHAN (OPERATION HARBIN KUNAMA II) KADUNA SOUTH

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
Army, DSS uncover arms, ammunition in Anambra communities, arrest suspects

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/army-dss-uncover-arms-ammunition-anambra-communities-arrest-suspects/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
B’Haram: Nigeria partners Italy, Pakistan to upgrade warplanes

http://punchng.com/bharam-nigeria-partners-italy-pakistan-to-upgrade-warplanes/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
bidexiii:
LIFE IN KAFANCHAN (OPERATION HARBIN KUNAMA II) KADUNA SOUTH
Buratai boys have landed southern kaduna, they look like bikers from the motorbike battalion.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
A NA BIG-FOOT MRAP BEING HIT BY A ROAD SIDE I.E.D FEW DAYS AGO....... shocked shocked shocked

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
MORE....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Buratai boys have landed southern kaduna, they look like bikers from the motorbike battalion.

of course YES.

the army is over stretched for now;for now they are the ones that can restore peace in kaduna south due to there highly mobility bykes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
Mali’s Desert Climate Is the Doom of Armored Vehicles

http://warisboring.com/malis-desert-climate-is-the-doom-of-armored-vehicles
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Renault Sherpa Light Scout in #Sinai

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
#Algeria- weapons cache (include 3 HMGs, 6 AKs) discovered in Bordj Badji Mokhtar, along border with #Mali

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
#Libya- photos from LNA's al-Saiqa at Waw al-Kabir airstrip- a shot up SF-260 and what looks like the tail of an AN-26 (?)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
#Libya- LNA deploys vehicles from 298 Tank Battalion (formerly 204) to center of #Benghazi in preparation for Sabri offensive

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

This was so interesting to watch, I wonder what CAS plans to do with the special operations command
I don de jump up & down as per joy until I saw d SOC logo...Nitori olorun!! dem no try

But to answer your question..The SOC shld b a unifying command for special skill set like CSAR, pararescue , combat FAC and the QRF
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2017
bidexiii:

of course YES.

the army is over stretched for now;for now they are the ones that can restore peace in kaduna south due to there highly mobility bykes.
We had better get serious fa
Equip the police/grab them by their testis= doing the job
It is getting to that tym where we need a organized national guard system fa

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
Odunayaw:

@ODUNAYAW LONG TIME NO SEE.......................... grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
bidexiii:

of course YES.

Odunayaw:
I blame to police to be honest, they handle these things very poorly in their infancy until it grows into somthing they can't handle and need the army to step in and save the day, I wonder what DSS and civil defense are for?? They are so poor at doing their job that the armed forces are forced to focus on internal threats rather than external.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I blame to police to be honest, they handle these things very poorly in their infancy until it grows into somthing they can't handle and need the army to step in and save the day, I wonder what DSS and civil defense are for?? They are so poor at doing their job that the armed forces are forced to focus on internal threats rather than external.

Well said mate.

its high time we look into transforming and equipping the civil defense into something like the national guard, as we have in developed countries .so they can work with the nigerian police/MOPOLS for internal threats like these.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:09am On Apr 25, 2017
PHOTO NEWS: VISIT OF THE DA EGYPT BRIG GEN MUHAMMAD TO HQ NAF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:29am On Apr 25, 2017
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:34am On Apr 25, 2017
#Mali: Photos of the damaged @UN_MINUSMA APC struck by IED on April 20 near Kéra, axis Ténenkou-Diafarabé

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:35am On Apr 25, 2017
#Libya- LAF airstrikes targeting #RSCB positions in Downtown #Benghazi

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
BANGLADESH ARMY CHIEF PLEDGES SUPPORT TO DHQ

The Bangladesh Chief of Army Staff, General Abu Belal Mohammed Shafiul has pledged his country commitment to complement the Defence Headquarters Logistics requirements and solicited for a strong military cooperation between Nigeria and Bangladesh.
General Shafiul made the pledge during a courtesy visit to the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Nigeria, General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja.
While extolling the CDS sterling leadership qualities, the Bangladesh Army Chief praised the Armed Forces of Nigeria for their high level of professionalism that saw them routing Boko Haram Terrorists from their fortress in Sambisa forest
General Mohammed Shafiul noted that Nigeria and Bangladesh have maintained a long history of military cooperation and training exchange and both contributed substantially to the United Nation Peace Support Initiatives and Global Peace in general.
He therefore called for a sustained military bond between the two countries and requested for the positing of a Defence Attaches to Bangladesh
In his remark, General Olonisakin observed that Bangladesh and Nigeria Armed Forces have great military cooperation and called for a resolute collaboration and capacity development.
The CDS also solicited for mutual capacity training in Air Defence Artillery, Cyber Space, Counter Terrorism and Insurgency and made a special request for the consideration of junior officer and personnel inclusion in Bangladesh Military Training Institutions.
The Bangladesh Army Chief was accompanied by Bangladesh High Commissioner to Nigeria, Major General Kazi Sharif Kaikobad and some of his military aides, while some Principal Staff Officers at the Defence Headquarters joined the CDS to receive the delegation

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:23am On Apr 26, 2017
bidexiii:

@ODUNAYAW LONG TIME NO SEE.......................... grin grin grin
I was missed grin yayy!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.