Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3026944 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
RANDOM PICTURES.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
overhypedsteve:
now everybody deserve a fair hearing. When Soldiers were being court martialed for mutiny due to poor equipment. Nobody asked for Fair court hearing.
thank you @Oga Bidexxi it is good we all accept the fact that corruption is not taking us forward, families lost their bread winners, Sons, Husbands. Just because some Rich folks wants to get richer. Imagine that rubbish what kind of fair hearing do this kind of evil people deserve? Open procurement and open execution of justice is the only solution for Nigeria.
They kept telling us then that they needed to borrow more money. On top of that they kept putting the blame on other countries for their failures. America did not give us arms, Israel did not give us that. Imagine a nation with one of the biggest defense budget in Africa making procurements with the use of middle men, buying rickety old equipment and placing the lives of good national patriots in danger.
Sincerely sha we should never support impunity for any reason.

The soldiers received a fair hearing, they were also represented by Femi Falana. If that isn't fair hearing, I don't know what is.

Let us hear what Dasuki has to say, if he or any other person is involved, they should all be prosecuted.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Henry240:

The soldiers received a fair hearing, they were also represented by Femi Falana. If that isn't fair hearing, I don't know what is.

Let us hear what Dasuki has to say, if he or any other person is involved, they should all be prosecuted.

You mean all 2000plus soldier that where dismissed all received fear hearing ? Before they where absorbed back by Gen Buratai.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
bidexiii:

You mean all 2000plus soldier that where dismissed all received fear hearing ? Before they where absorbed back by Gen Buratai.

Not all 2000 were absorbed back into the army. Offences were varying, however they all got equal, fair representation in court (martial).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Henry240:

Not all 2000 were absorbed back into the army. Offences were varying, however they all got equal, fair representation in court (martial).

No that's true; the only soldier that where giving fear hearing where those giving death sentence. And am sure you where aware when Buratai absorbed over 2000 soldier back into system.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
bidexiii:

No that's true; the only soldier that where giving fear hearing where those giving death sentence. And am sure you where aware when Buratai absorbed over 2000 soldier back into system.

You can't be court-martialed without a representation of a lawyer. It is either you get one or the court(martial) provides one for you. It is standard procedure, a basic tenet of the law.

Burutai did not absorb all 2000 dismissed soldiers, this is a fact. If all dismissed soldiers were re-instated, Ransom-Kuti won't be serving a 6 months jail sentence.

The offences with which soldiers were court-martialed on were varying.

Infact, try look for the Army's follow-on statement on this matter.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
We've had enough trial by media with this new government, and seriously I've had enough. If Dasuki is guilty he should be charged and hanged for treason.

However, we cannot just hang him because the presidency says so, we aren't a banana republic. He has the right to defend himself. So far, we've been getting tit-bits of his defence, all though not far reaching, we must continue this process.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Henry240:

You can't be court-martialed without a representation of a lawyer. It is either you get one or the court(martial) provides one for you. It is standard procedure, a basic tenet of the law.

Burutai did not absorb all 2000 dismissed soldiers, this is a fact. If all dismissed soldiers were re-instated, Ransom-Kuti won't be serving a 6 months jail sentence.

The offences with which soldiers were court-martialed on were varying.

Infact, try look for the Army's follow-on statement on this matter.

Sure I will ; so what about these ;http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00038677.html

http://www.tvcontinental.tv/article/boko-haram-army-restores-2500-soldiers-102-officers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
bidexiii:

Sure I will ; so what about these ;http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00038677.html

http://www.tvcontinental.tv/article/boko-haram-army-restores-2500-soldiers-102-officers

Yeah, I know of the links. That's why i asked you to try check-out the Army's follow-on statement.

If i find the link, I'll post it. Like i previously said, if the Army re-instated everybody, Ransom-Kuti won't be serving a jail sentence.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
Henry240:

Yeah, I know of the links. That's why i asked you to try check-out the Army's follow-on statement.

If i find the link, I'll post it. Like i previously said, if the Army re-instated everybody, Ransom-Kuti won't be serving a jail sentence.

Ransom kuti case was different, his a commanding officer who ran in the face fierce battle and his subordinate flew and like wise the soldiers under him. There by letting BH carting away with a lot of equipments and hardware. NA suffered the highest loss of ammunition and hard ware which was too much that the top brass in the army couldn't just let it go like that.
So they av use him as an example to other commanding officers. And he was dismissed and given six month jail term which he has already served while in detention and to me the judgement is too soft.
So what about the NCO officers who where given death penalty for mutiny but ransom kuti was given only six month for cowardice and letting BH go away with ammunition that as in turn lead to the death of innocent victims/civilians.
If it where in countries like north Korea, China or all these columnist country he would have being awarded a death penalty.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/why-we-jailed-gen-ransome-kuti-army/

My end point is ransom kuti could not be reinstated because his not a good leader, if he could stayed with his officers and soldiers could have faced and defeated the assault. And these his why the army as always being humiliated ;"CAWARDICE".

He was made as an example!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
RANDOM PICTURES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nigerian Army confirms PREMIUM TIMES story on deadly gun battle that left several Nigerian soldiers missing

The Nigerian Army has confirmed PREMIUM TIMES exclusive report on Boko Haram’s attack on Nigeria’s 157 Battalion attached to the Multi-National Joint Task Force in Baga, Borno State.
Citing a reliable military source, PREMIUM TIMES reported that at least 105 soldiers including their commanding officer were feared missing after the attack on Wednesday.
“Gudunbali was attacked this morning and some weapons were captured from the battalion. Two officers and 105 soldiers are still missing,” our source said.
“They captured a T-72 tank from the unit and some artillery weapons were also captured. The commanding Officer of the battalion is yet to be seen but no one has been confirmed dead yet,” our source said.
We also reported that soldiers of the Multi-National Joint Task Force stationed at Baga, Borno State were also attacked in Geringiwa, about four kilometres away from the headquarters of MNJTF.
The spokesperson for the Nigeria Army, Sani Usman, a colonel, who had earlier said enquiries on the matter should be directed to officials of the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri, called our reporter after the story was published to confirm the incident.
“I want to confirm the incidence at Gudunbali but the details you provided were not correct, and Baga has never been attacked,” Mr. Usman said on telephone.
“The unit attacked is within the area of responsibility of the MNJTF and troops are now organising to counter the attack,” he said.
He said the Theatre Command of the 7 Division would provide the details of the attack during a press conference arranged later today in Maiduguri.
Mr. Usman however did not give any details to counter our account of the incident.

Curled from premium times ;http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193467-nigerian-army-confirms-premium-times-story-on-deadly-gun-battle-that-left-several-nigerian-soldiers-missing.html

Other source; http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/nigerian-army-denies-losing-105-officers-to-boko-haram/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
South African weapons used in Yemen’s civil war

The Sunday Times recently reported that South African military equipment is being used in the civil war in Yemen.

The war is a conflict that began in 2015, and is being fought between Saudi-backed government forces and the Houthi militia – allied to Iran.

It has been described as a “Saudi-Iranian Cold War”.

According to the report, South Africa continued to export “armoured vehicles, weapons, and ammunition to countries embroiled in the conflict”.

The National Conventional Arms Control Committee, which is responsible for the control over trade in arms, verified this claim.

“South Africa is a signatory to the UN Arms Trade Treaty, which restricts the sale of weapons to countries that may have committed human rights violations,” said Jeff Radebe, the chairman of the South African arms control committee.

He said that since December 2014, weapons have been exported to countries participating in the Yemen conflict.

Since widespread human rights violations have been reported in Yemen, future requests for arms exports will be scrutinised.

South African weapons used in Yemen

The Sunday Times reported that the countries involved in the conflict purchased assault rifle ammunition, armoured vehicles, drones, radios, and machine guns from South Africa.

Here are some of the South African weapons which are reportedly being used in the Yemen conflict.

Pictures are respective order;

Denel Dynamics Seeker II unmanned aerial system

G6 heavy artillery gun

Ratel infantry fighting vehicle

Casspir mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
bidexiii:
Nigerian Army confirms PREMIUM TIMES story on deadly gun battle that left several Nigerian soldiers missing

The Nigerian Army has confirmed PREMIUM TIMES exclusive report on Boko Haram’s attack on Nigeria’s 157 Battalion attached to the Multi-National Joint Task Force in Baga, Borno State.
Citing a reliable military source, PREMIUM TIMES reported that at least 105 soldiers including their commanding officer were feared missing after the attack on Wednesday.
“Gudunbali was attacked this morning and some weapons were captured from the battalion. Two officers and 105 soldiers are still missing,” our source said.
“They captured a T-72 tank from the unit and some artillery weapons were also captured. The commanding Officer of the battalion is yet to be seen but no one has been confirmed dead yet,” our source said.
We also reported that soldiers of the Multi-National Joint Task Force stationed at Baga, Borno State were also attacked in Geringiwa, about four kilometres away from the headquarters of MNJTF.
The spokesperson for the Nigeria Army, Sani Usman, a colonel, who had earlier said enquiries on the matter should be directed to officials of the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri, called our reporter after the story was published to confirm the incident.
“I want to confirm the incidence at Gudunbali but the details you provided were not correct, and Baga has never been attacked,” Mr. Usman said on telephone.
“The unit attacked is within the area of responsibility of the MNJTF and troops are now organising to counter the attack,” he said.
He said the Theatre Command of the 7 Division would provide the details of the attack during a press conference arranged later today in Maiduguri.
Mr. Usman however did not give any details to counter our account of the incident.

Curled from premium times ;http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193467-nigerian-army-confirms-premium-times-story-on-deadly-gun-battle-that-left-several-nigerian-soldiers-missing.html

Other source; http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/nigerian-army-denies-losing-105-officers-to-boko-haram/
imagine this rubbish. Nigeria kind of have a way of making human life look like peanut. Imagine human beings missing and this is how serious the government is taking the news.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Henry240:

I have met officers that have been recalled.
some are still in court Marshall in Abuja.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:09am On Nov 20, 2015
overhypedsteve:
imagine this rubbish. Nigeria kind of have a way of making human life look like peanut. Imagine human beings missing and this is how serious the government is taking the news.

My prayer is they are only missing in action MIA. Reading from different online source, there is defference in there report. Pray that they arrive and come back in one piece.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:56am On Nov 20, 2015
NN SBS COMMANDOS AIRBORNE TRAINING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1pTABxqEI

Video credit ; airborne003 & nigerian_armed.forces
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:07am On Nov 20, 2015
NA ARMY PARATROOPERS JUMPING FROM G222

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGLt3eZoPOI
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2015
Nigerian air force degrades terrorists' logistics in Sambisa forest

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) on Thursday said it had degraded Boko Haram terrorists' logistics, vehicle workshop and a weapon storage facility after successful interdiction missions on their Sambisa forest hideout.

Air Commodore Isiaka Amao, the Air Component Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, said this while briefing newsmen in Maiduguri, the northeast Borno State capital.

Amao said NAF had also destroyed a bomb making factory in the forest, noting that the Air Component has continued to intensify its air effort in support of the ground troops.

In October, over 40 interdiction missions with over 80 percent success were carried out, he told reporters.

The air force chief said NAF had also destroyed two suspected terrorists camps in the forest, adding that the continued air strikes have significantly degraded the capabilities of the terrorists.

"Likewise, two terrorists hideouts in Sambisa were destroyed," he said.

Amao announced that NAF lost one of its pilot during the month, noting that his death will not affect the morale of officers engaged in the operation.

He said NAF also intercepted and destroyed a boat carrying fuel to the terrorists along Nigeria-Cameroon border.

The Sambisa forest, especially the mountainous region of Gwoza near the Cameroon border, was used as a shelter of the jihadist Boko Haram group, particularly during the Chibok schoolgirl kidnapping in April 2014.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:23am On Nov 20, 2015
RANDOM PICTURES

-soldiers firing mortar rounds

-captured ZSU-23-2 AA gun

-a destroyed NA okota APC

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2015
Abeg, any latest news about the missing soldiers?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:11am On Nov 20, 2015
Seungrandfather:
Abeg, any latest news about the missing soldiers?

From what I read on the official twitter page and website of the NA ; the missing commanding officer has reported back to division 7 HQ and the soldiers also are regrouping.
But from all indications, the army lost personnel due to overwhelming numbers of BH attack.
And that the media over-hyked numbers of missing soldiers though tye militants cart away with some reasonable amount of weapon and equipment.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Patented: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2015
I take everything the Media says with a pinch of salt and at the same time i take everything the military says with a pinch of salt. reason being that both have been caught in lies. media wants following and military wants to protect its image. the Q to be asked is where was the NAF in all this. and it exposes the fact that the military still needs massive investment in equipment
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2015
Patented:
I take everything the Media says with a pinch of salt and at the same time i take everything the military says with a pinch of salt. reason being that both have been caught in lies. media wants following and military wants to protect its image. the Q to be asked is where was the NAF in all this. and it exposes the fact that the military still needs massive investment in equipment

I agree with you 100% mate.
The NAF is 100% grounded and needs rejuvenation from the scratch, we need 3rd gen jets,facility and equipment that can help relief soldiers under heavy attack that is readily available 24hrs and at any time T !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Patented: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2015
Boss you are right but at this point i dont agree with the 3rd Generation jets matter. why buy those when they are already going obsolete. 4th generation with max specs is what i think we need. we have to prepare for the future too. anything we buy now must be able to also cater for future security challenges.
bidexiii:

I agree with you 100% mate.
The NAF is 100% grounded and needs rejuvenation from the scratch, we need 3rd gen jets,facility and equipment that can help relief soldiers under heavy attack that is readily available 24hrs and at any time T !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sparrow13: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2015
More reason why the N.A needs a functional aviation unit like yesterday
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:57am On Nov 20, 2015
Patented:
Boss you are right but at this point i dont agree with the 3rd Generation jets matter. why buy those when they are already going obsolete. 4th generation with max specs is what i think we need. we have to prepare for the future too. anything we buy now must be able to also cater for future security challenges.

wink smiley.... what about the cost effect and maintenance........?
Countries like Canada and British are even considering bailing out of f-22 raptor programme. Lets be realistic hear, we are not fighting a war. let's start from a 3rd.gen/ multi-role fighter jet, close in support like the su-25 and attack HELO's. By doing these we would reduce the way our armed forces his being humiliated.
We can't continue to blame the NAF when our alpha and f7 jets are preys to BHT. And also our hind HELO's are too heavy for attack maneuver......these is limiting the Airforce no precision weapon system, talk less of night % day capabilities or even all weather?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Patented: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
the F-22 programme is wholly American. no other nation flies the raptor but the US. its the F35 that is a collaborative effort and proving so costly dt some nations want to bail out. Even the F22 is a 5th generation jet not 4th. for 4G we have the likes of the f-16, MIG 29, SU25 etc all of which are already a few decades old. I think we can afford those. CHAD has a few MIG-29s already.

On the issue of the lack of precision Munitions i totally agree. we need those. if we cld give the Alpha jst and the f-7s laser guided muntions capability things would be a lot better. I beleive the Isreali's could help with targetting Pods and the munitions.
bidexiii:

wink smiley.... what about the cost effect and maintenance........?
Countries like Canada and British are even considering bailing out of f-22 raptor programme. Lets be realistic hear, we are not fighting a war. let's start from a 3rd.gen/ multi-role fighter jet, close in support like the su-25 and attack HELO's. By doing these we would reduce the way our armed forces his being humiliated.
We can't continue to blame the NAF when our alpha and f7 jets are preys to BHT. And also our hind HELO's are too heavy for attack maneuver......these is limiting the Airforce no precision weapon system, talk less of night % day capabilities or even all weather?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
Patented:
the F-22 programme is wholly American. no other nation flies the raptor but the US. its the F35 that is a collaborative effort and proving so costly dt some nations want to bail out. Even the F22 is a 5th generation jet not 4th. for 4G we have the likes of the f-16, MIG 29, SU25 etc all of which are already a few decades old. I think we can afford those. CHAD has a few MIG-29s already.

On the issue of the lack of precision Munitions i totally agree. we need those. if we cld give the Alpha jst and the f-7s laser guided muntions capability things would be a lot better. I beleive the Isreali's could help with targetting Pods and the munitions.

Hmmmn so you think those Alpha Jets are not tired of being upgraded grin. Those thing we call jets are relic, perhaps I don't trust those birds anymore they ought to be retired by now. Every pilot that flies them is like risking there lives.
Of recent, a NAF jet crashed due to sand storm or bad weather in Yobe while returning from a mission. The body framework and structure is weak. Most of them where brought back into service because of the pressing need to fight insurgency.

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Patented: 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
ah well you have a point. they are old horses indeed. so what then do we do. the f7 is essentially a MIG 21. we need something more capable and can carry guided munitions. the Textron Scorpion has been touted as a cheap air to ground attack aircraft with some 4g capabilities and importantly can carry guided munitions. however its an unproven platform in battle and our pilots have never flown anything similar. since we are used to russian jets maybe we should head down there. but we have always been reluctant to equip the air force. we need more capable aircraft and we need them yesterday. even if we have to buy second hand. China just ordered 24 su-35s for $2bill we dont need to spend that much or get something that new for starters but we need to spend. rumour has it that some su-25s are to be delivered in 2016. I pray.
bidexiii:

Hmmmn so you think those Alpha Jets are not tired of being upgraded grin. Those thing we call jets are relic, perhaps I don't trust those birds anymore they ought to be retired by now. Every pilot that flies them is like risking there lives.
Of recent, a NAF jet crashed due to sand storm or bad weather in Yobe while returning from a mission. The body framework and structure is weak. Most of them where brought back into service because of the pressing need to fight insurgency.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.