Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3014397 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 1:22am On Nov 29, 2015
Please that's not a btr. bleeps sake, angry
Little to no radio comms means no or limited information. Even if there was, undecided
Couple that with a vision less leadership for the best part of 7 years failing to purchase cas aircrafts.
What about our mi24/35 ... ?

Army needs to start releasing videos too angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:27am On Nov 29, 2015
BlackBaron:
Please that's not a btr. bleeps sake, angry
Little to no radio comms means no or limited information. Even if there was, undecided
Couple that with a vision less leadership for the best part of 7 years failing to purchase cas aircrafts.
What about our mi24/35 ... ?

Army needs to start releasing videos too angry

If our airforce is not rejuvenated our troops would be continually humiliated. We need 3rd generational jets with precision strike take out BH technicals so the boys would go in and wipe out the remaining foot militias, now the December deadline is not attainable.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Panzerfaust(m): 9:05am On Nov 29, 2015
bidexiii:

If our airforce is not rejuvenated our troops would be continually humiliated. We need 3rd generational jets with precision strike take out BH technicals so the boys would go in and wipe out the remaining foot militias, now the December deadline is not attainable.
I agree...The December deadline is a joke..You can't wipe out a well equipped and highly motivated force of almost 20,000 men in just 9 months!. I see this war dragging on for the next 2-3 yrs at least.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 29, 2015
Panzerfaust:
I agree...The December deadline is a joke..You can't wipe out a well equipped and highly motivated force of almost 20,000 men in just 9 months!. I see this war dragging on for the next 2-3 yrs at least.

You don't put a timeline for ending insurgencies, it is naive to do so. A timeline for containing insurgents is a lot more reasonable. Insurgencies do not end.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2015
bidexiii:

4th Generation jets you mean. The arm simply requires it's own air arm up and running. This is the only way to deal with the non-availability of air-support during operations.

For a country under siege, Nigeria requires at-least 42 attack helicopters.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2015
bidexiii:
CAME ACROSS THESE BH VIDEO & IN THE VIDEO THERE LOCALLY MADE ROCKETS WHERE SEING BEING FIRED

httpsfM

These rockets were used around Dala area near Maiduguri this year.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:35am On Nov 29, 2015
Henry240:

4th Generation jets you mean. The arm simply requires it's own air arm up and running. This is the only way to deal with the non-availability of air-support during operations.

For a country under siege, Nigeria requires at-least 42 attack helicopters.
@ henry just downloaded another BH propaganda video showing few dead soldiers and a captured BTR-4E, these saddens my heart a lot . truly the arm needs its own air arm well equipped with attack helo's that they can call on 24hrs ,any time and any weather.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2015
bidexiii:
@ henry just downloaded another BH propaganda video showing few dead soldiers and a captured BTR-4E, these saddens my heart a lot . truly the arm needs its own air arm well equipped with attack helps that they can call on 24hrs ,any time and any weather.

I can't give BH the satisfaction of watching there videos. I know for every propaganda video, the Nigerian army has killed. Hundreds of them.

I mean, we've always required an air arm, like since last year, 2 years ago, 6 years ago and the past decade. Somehow year in year out we simply are stuck with political promises. Even the former CDS's village was captured yet no improvement. We are stuck with stories of non-delivery of common 12 Helicopters.

The Iraqis reached out and got SU-25 frogfoots under 9 days from Russia. There seem to be no urgency in weapons procurement.

The Army should be flying 24 MI-28 Havoc Helicopters for constant day and night operations. Since the insurgency isn't taking place in one of the richer parts of our country, the politicians do not seem to care.

This is the only way i can describe our nonchalance. Make an order, backed with a proper payment plan.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 29, 2015
In Africa we have the 3rd highest budget in the past 5 years, only behind Egypt and Algeria.

..... But wetin we dey even buy sef?

Amount budgeted isn't corresponding with the sort of equipment on the ground.

What sort of training and tactics do we employ?

Why are there so many saboteurs and fifth columnists in the army?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2015
That was simply a flanking attack on what looks like an isolated base.
Simply put, with ineffective barriers or defenses they probably had to withdraw. I can't just believe they left a BTR behind even for a minute.

Syrian troops got besieged in multiple bases and most never got overrun due to airpower plus defences. Their's is a 3 year ongoing battle, ours is 6 fuccking years.

All those found guilty of stealing money for weapons should be charged with death penalty or life incarceration.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
BlackBaron:
Simply put, with ineffective barriers or defenses they probably had to withdraw. I can't just believe they left a BTR behind even for a minute.

Syrian troops got besieged in multiple bases and most never got overrun due to airpower plus defences. Their's is a 3 year ongoing battle, ours is 6 fuccking years.

All those found guilty of stealing money for weapons should be charged with death penalty or life incarceration.

@blackbaron you've watched the video too?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
OPTIONS FOR THE NA GAZELLE LIGHT ATTACK & RECON HELICOPTER.

I don't know why our service chiefs do not optimize the value of money on every procurement. The present gazelle HELO currently introduced by the NA air arm would have being very effective,delivering power punch and precision strike to the enemy if they have gone for well equipped and multi-role function hardware rather the scout/recon gazelle currently used now.

Below are gazelle helo's with all weather capabilities, they carry rocket pods and also canon's depending on the type of the mission.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
BlackBaron:

our country is at war. All those found guilty of stealing money meant for the equipping and the welfare of troops should be seen as traitor saboteurs and they should be executed as a lesson. We live for impunity in Nigeria, somebody have to be made a scape goat. Saboteurs should pay the ultimate price for allowing this war lag on for this long. How can you use the money meant for buying quality APC's to protect young men fighting for the nations peace, you just rationalize inside your sitting room and say "wetin those people wan use that kind expensive motor do?" Abeg make I buy more hilux. Then you buy more soft skinned vehicles. The soldiers will happily accept them, they are not used to demanding too much from their Father land, they may even think if the money was there for a better platform it would have been supplied. They will ride in those soft skinned vehicle to their death. Then the big belle Oga will be invited to honor their burial ceremony were he may be called upon to speak on the young men bravery, it is not even like the money is going to be spent on something tangible self, the polithieves may just use the money to add another Porsche to his collection or send his kids on a trip to Dubai. I used to say we have some of the most unpatriotic disgruntled elements at the helms of affair but now I think we are a nation that is suffering a series of misfortune to always have animals in power who do not care more about the national interest as they care about their wives and kids spending the weekend in Dubai shopping.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Adelz(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
does anyone knows what's wrong with NDA? their form isn't out yet, by this time last year it was out
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
overhypedsteve:
our country is at war. All those found guilty of stealing money meant for the equipping and the welfare of troops should be seen as traitor saboteurs and they should be executed as a lesson. We live for impunity in Nigeria, somebody have to be made a scape goat. Saboteurs should pay the ultimate price for allowing this war lag on for this long. How can you use the money meant for buying quality APC's to protect young men fighting for the nations peace, you just rationalize inside your sitting room and say "wetin those people wan use that kind expensive motor do?" Abeg make I buy more hilux. Then you buy more soft skinned vehicles. The soldiers will happily accept them, they are not used to demanding too much from their Father land, they may even think if the money was there for a better platform it would have been supplied. They will ride in those soft skinned vehicle to their death. Then the big belle Oga will be invited to honor their burial ceremony were he may be called upon to speak on the young men bravery, it is not even like the money is going to be spent on something tangible self, the polithieves may just use the money to add another Porsche to his collection or send his kids on a trip to Dubai. I used to say we have some of the most unpatriotic disgruntled elements at the helms of affair but now I think we are a nation that is suffering a series of misfortune to always have animals in power who do not care more about the national interest as they care about their wives and kids spending the weekend in Dubai shopping.

Brave and gallant soldiers are dying and innocent citizen are also dying by the day... they are diverting money meant for upgrading of the armed forces into there personnel pockets. surely those blood will seek veagence .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
overhypedsteve:
hm buying good apc?wer dem go leave for Boko Haram. eggs our new btr 4e
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2015
I.D.?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
bidexiii:
I.D.?
That's a telescope used for snipe target spotting. The spotter carries this.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2015
bidexiii:
@ henry just downloaded another BH propaganda video showing few dead soldiers and a captured BTR-4E, these saddens my heart a lot . truly the arm needs its own air arm well equipped with attack helo's that they can call on 24hrs ,any time and any weather.
I just watched that video too. I really don't blame the soldiers for the defeat but rather our Air Force. The soldiers came under heavy fire power for several hours and no single fighter plane is seen in that area from daylight till night. Not even our Alpha Jet (that are suppose to be in the museum).
We really need to work on the Airforce cos they are the backbone of modern military, without them there is nothing that the soldiers can do and unfortunately our soldiers will continue to die from those bastards.
Just imagine what a fighter jet would have done in that area if it were present.
Or an advance drone packed with precision guided equipment.
Or an attack helicopter.
The Boko Boys came in literarilly dead trucks and all there soldiers were packed together like sardines and throughout the operation no jet was seen.
Can't Nigeria purchase Russian's fighter jets if the West refuse to sell to them? I know they will be more than willing to help.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2015
Henry240:

That's a telescope used for snipe target spotting. The spotter carries this.

Hmmmmm......I know it's a telescope ,but I just want to know the actual name.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2015
Xbee007:

I just watched that video too. I really don't blame the soldiers for the defeat but rather our Air Force. The soldiers came under heavy fire power for several hours and no single fighter plane is seen in that area from daylight till night. Not even our Alpha Jet (that are suppose to be in the museum).
We really need to work on the Airforce cos they are the backbone of modern military, without them there is nothing that the soldiers can do and unfortunately our soldiers will continue to die from those bastards.
Just imagine what a fighter jet would have done in that area if it were present.
Or an advance drone packed with precision guided equipment.
Or an attack helicopter.
The Boko Boys came in literarilly dead trucks and all there soldiers were packed together like sardines and throughout the operation no jet was seen.
Can't Nigeria purchase Russian's fighter jets if the West refuse to sell to them? I know they will be more than willing to help.
That was before, but i doubt the Russian will sell us top notch jets. Infact, it will be a scenario of "camel going through the eye of a needle" to get procurement from Russia. We are just an "untrusted" fellow. Those guys offered us a billion dollar in loan to come up with what we actually needs. They told us to shop in their stores, but since they(the educated illiterates in the political/military system of Nigeria) are WEST fan-boys, they told us we aint serious.
We STILL aint serious, honestly. Tix like dem pack our thinking faculty from UP, cum put am for our feets. I dont know the kind of problem and ignorance on the part of our military planners. How on earth do you want to tell me that Warthdog can perform better than Frogfoot.
I get really infuriated when i see people shouting "go west" when they are part of the problem we are facing. That's china, getting 24 SU-35 flanker E at a go. Iran is getting S300, that's egypt with its Antey 2500. Where is Nigeria in all of these Where WHERE DO WE EVEN STAND
I think there are some demons that are standing on our way and if they says they wont leave the way for us, we go jam and excavate everyone of them.
What rubbish!!! That's a NATO member- France, collaborating with Russia in Syria. I still dont see the tech that US will offer us that Russia cant offered us MORE.
The East is WILLING, READY to get us whatever we needed to facilitate our quick destruction of these "elements of hell", but, WE ARE JUST NOT SERIOUS. Seriously, We are not Serious on the issue of procurement.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
Vikkie14:
That was before, but i doubt the Russian will sell us top notch jets. Infact, it will be a scenario of "camel going through the eye of a needle" to get procurement from Russia. We are just an "untrusted" fellow. Those guys offered us a billion dollar in loan to come up with what we actually needs. They told us to shop in their stores, but since they(the educated illiterates in the political/military system of Nigeria) are WEST fan-boys, they told us we aint serious.
We STILL aint serious, honestly. Tix like dem pack our thinking faculty from UP, cum put am for our feets. I dont know the kind of problem and ignorance on the part of our military planners. How on earth do you want to tell me that Warthdog can perform better than Frogfoot.
I get really infuriated when i see people shouting "go west" when they are part of the problem we are facing. That's china, getting 24 SU-35 flanker E at a go. Iran is getting S300, that's egypt with its Antey 2500. Where is Nigeria in all of these Where WHERE DO WE EVEN STAND
I think there are some demons that are standing on our way and if they says they wont leave the way for us, we go jam and excavate everyone of them.
What rubbish!!! That's a NATO member- France, collaborating with Russia in Syria. I still dont see the tech that US will offer us that Russia cant offered us MORE.
The East is WILLING, READY to get us whatever we needed to facilitate our quick destruction of these "elements of hell", but, WE ARE JUST NOT SERIOUS. Seriously, We are not Serious on the issue of procurement.
The fact is there is nothing the West has to offer us aside some stupid aids in our IDP camps or some extremely redundant training of our soldiers (what do they want to teach them that they haven't know already?). I mean without the platform to fight with, all those training are useless. If they have provided those platforms for us we wouldn't have needed them giving aids to people in IDP camps. But no they prefer us wallowing in poverty and our soldiers dieing unnecessarily so they can keep their stupid aids coming.
The best thing for Nigeria is to review its relationship with Russia so we can get better weapons. I believe we will be well received by the Russians cos they really need money for their ailing economy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2015
bidexiii:

Hmmmmm......I know it's a telescope ,but I just want to know the actual name.

It's a carl zeiss telescope.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
dasuki maybe corrupt but he uplifted the army.kudos to him
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Vikkie14:

True talk mate ; a word of advice to our politicians and service chiefs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Henry240:

It's a carl zeiss telescope.

Tnks man smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
RANDOM PICTURE

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
giles14:
dasuki maybe corrupt but he shoplifted the army.kudos to him
now I can read the comment again and not go crazy. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:02am On Nov 30, 2015
CTCION PICTURES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
RANDOM PICTURES

1st & 2nd picture are beautiful sights in the war turn north-east.

3rd picture shows a car laiden suicide bomber being shot before he overruns troops positions.

4th picture also shows a destroyed BH I.E.D laiden vehicle.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibro105: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2015
giles14:
dasuki maybe corrupt but he uplifted the army.kudos to him

If you are given billions of dollars to buy weapons and you bought few useless helicopters to add to inventory doesn't mean you have uplifted the army. You have actually killed the army.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.