Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,479 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3018934 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
olapluto:

I noticed the flat tire at the presentation pictures too. The only positive we can take from this is that more goodies are coming. When you live on trash, you may hit gold one day.
Hit wetin? Shey after the whole house has been filled with junks? How do you want to search/look for the gold in such condition? One only has to pull out all the junks first and then there will be ample space to search for the gold--only if you have one be that.

Standardization nightmare in the making.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
olapluto:

I noticed the flat tire at the presentation pictures too. The only positive we can take from this is that more goodies are coming. When you live on trash, you may hit gold one day.

Yes.... More junks we'll need to fix up before we would be able to deploy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
NA ARTILLERY MEN IN CTCION FRONTLINES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
Henry240:

Yes.... More junks we'll need to fix up before we would be able to deploy.
can you just imagine that not only one tire was deflated, all the three tires on this side were are flat. What's with you giving me a box of matches when you have removed all the match sticks?
These Americans are real Strippers. No wonder strippers filled their club houses.
America: the stripping stripper.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Vikkie14:
can you just imagine that not only one tire was deflated, all the three tires on this side were are flat. What's with you giving me a box of matches when you have removed all the match sticks?
These Americans are real Strippers. No wonder strippers filled their club houses.
America: the stripping stripper.

Haha haha grin grin dude you are?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
NORTH EASTERN FRONTLINES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
Court Marshal: 3,032 pardoned soldiers reject redeployment to N-East

KADUNA—The 3032 soldiers, who were pardoned last August for various offences during campaigns against the Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, in the North East of Nigeria, have rejected posting to the fronts.

The soldiers explained that they were never really pardoned and re-integrated into the Army, but rather, re-sentenced to the war front.

Vanguard learned this created anxiety at the Command and Staff College, Nigerian Army School of Infantry, NASI, Jaji, Kaduna state, when over 3,000 soldiers – who claimed to have been subjected to unimaginable ill treatment after their pardon – were gathered by the Commandant of NASI, Major General Kassim Aldulkareem, to inform them that they have been assigned new riffles and should be ready for deployment to the fronts on the 11 January, 2016.

No reinstatement letters .According to sources, the soldiers complained that they have not been fully re-instated into the Nigerian Army, because attempts by them to report to their units were rejected at their bases since they have no re-instatement letters.

The soldiers also said that since they have been kicked out of the barracks they have not been paid for seven months making their families who live off-barracks begging for food.

It was gathered that, they cried, “We are not going! Give us re-instatement letters! You are sentencing us back to war,” among others. According to sources, the Commandant hurriedly left when the soldiers were becoming uncontrollable.

One of the soldiers who spoke to some newsmen on grounds that his name not be mentioned said: “Look at me; I have put in about 28 years of my life serving this country. I have seen action in Liberia; I have been to Rwanda, Sudan and even served overseas and we the Nigerian troops did very well and were decorated in some occasions.

“But, our experience in fighting to save our motherland is too sad a story for the outside world to know. We are not cowards. We held on for over four months facing Boko Haram.

“I just want to say that after the Army dismissed about 5,000 of us, 3032 of us were pardoned last August. Since that time, the Army Authority has treated us like prisoners of wars.

Asked to assemble in Jaji
“We were told to assemble in Jaji on August 17, which we did. Then on August 19, the General Officer Commander, GOC, of 1st Infantry Division, Maj. Gen Adeniyi Oyebade gathered us and without prior noticed moved us to Nigerian Army training Centre, NATRAC, Kontogora. Some of us found ourselves there in bathroom slippers. We were just taken straight to the place. Then, without any additional clothes or uniform, we were subjected to what was clear punishment, not training for another three weeks.

“Still in the clothes we came, we were again relocated to 333 artillery Barracks, Njetilo, Maiduguri. We got nothing but constant insults as cowards. We were there without uniforms no arms. They just left us there and we were abused and told to assemble at every two hours through these days for another three weeks.

“In Jaji, we went through another round of punishment, not training. Yet, we were not given any letter to show that we are still serving soldiers.

“So when the Commandant came and said we were going back to the North East, without clearing our status, we felt we have been punished enough.” he said.

The Public Relations Officer, PRO, of the Nigerian Infantry Corps, Major C.K Abaide, told our correspondent on phone that he was not aware of the development.

“I shall reach you back immediately I have our side of the story”, he said, but never did at the time of sending this report.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
NIGERIA AND OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES WAGING WAR AGAINST TERRORIST SHOWS INTEREST IN BUYING THE SU-34

Foreign buyers of Russian-made military equipment will now be able to take a good look at the Sukhoi Su-34 strike fighters which have been actively engaged in the Russian-led aerial campaign targeting extremists in Syria and hailed as the best hardware Moscow can offer, military expert Igor Korotchenko told RIA Novosti.
Korotchenko named Vietnam, Algeria and Iraq as potential buyers but added that other countries, including Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, are increasingly interested in the Su-34 as well. He believes that several Su-34 squadrons could be sold in the next five years.

"Several countries in Africa, including Uganda and Nigeria, which is waging a war against Boko Haram, could buy the Su-34. Strike fighters could also strengthen Ethiopia's Air Force, which operates aging Sukhoi Su-27 fighters," Korotchenko noted.

On September 30, Russia launched a multinational aerial campaign aimed at assisting Damascus-led forces in their fight against terrorist groups, which are trying to oust President Bashar al-Assad. The operation was authorized by legitimate Syrian authorities.
As part of these counterterrorist efforts, air group, consisting of Sukhoi Su-24M attack aircraft, Sukhoi Su-34 strike fighters and Sukhoi Su-25SM jets, conducted approximately 550 sorties destroying militant terrorist command centers, ammunition depots, underground bunkers, field camps and strongholds.

Based on Sukhoi Su-27, the Su-34 is a 4++ generation jet, which can accelerate to a maximum speed of 1,200 mph and has a maximum range of 2,500 miles without refueling.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2016
PICTURES OF NA ROLLAND DEFENCE SYSTEM

1st picture is a radar of a NA rolland defence system.

2nd picture is a rolland missile

3rd picture is a rolland qdefence system

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Adelz(m): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
A Nigerian APC with digital camouflage

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Adelz:
A Nigerian APC with digital camouflage

That's a stretched warrior variant of a MKIII spartian!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Panzerfaust(m): 11:21am On Jan 10, 2016
bidexiii:

Extinct piece of shi.t.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZAR: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Henry240:

LOL.... This one has flat tires already.
Run-flat. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZAR: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Henry240:

LOL.... This one has flat tires already.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sczeska: 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Extinct piece of shi.t.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sczeska: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidexiii:

Why not round up all this obsolete trash metals, and put them up for scrap or at best a museum. So we know what is left.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
NN SBS COMMANDO TRAINING

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
MikeCZAR:

Here you come again....CZAR?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Extinct piece of shi.t.

Presently operational with some countries .......?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
sczeska:

Why not round up all this obsolete trash metals, and put them up for scrap or at best a museum. So we know what is left.

For a shot range missile, the AMX rolland missile could still rec havoc for low flying crafts.....?
And you don't just empty ur inventory when you don't av replacement......?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Panzerfaust(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidexiii:

Presently operational with some countries .......?
SOME. But most operators are phasing the system out. Iraq, Argentina, Brazil and Germany have all retired the system. With the improvements in avionics even on low flying gunships, the Roland system has no place in the military sphere of today. I see no reason why Nigeria's primary air defence system is a low-altitude SAM system. Nobody is asking for an S-400, but any decent system will do.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
Panzerfaust:
SOME. But most operators are phasing the system out. Iraq, Argentina, Brazil and Germany have all retired the system. With the improvements in avionics even on low flying gunships, the Roland system has no place in the military sphere of today. I see no reason why Nigeria's primary air defence system is a low-altitude SAM system. Nobody is asking for an S-400, but any decent system will do.

I am! So speak for yourself.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Panzerfaust(m): 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
bidexiii:

For a shot range missile, the AMX rolland missile could still rec havoc for low flying crafts.....?
Not in 2015. Even modern gunships have a higher service ceiling than some "low flying crafts". Chad operates Mig-29UBs for God sake! Even a basic Kh-31 ARM launched from this craft will crater this Roland trash befor Private Usman and Corporal Tanko can jump out and run. The Roland system was intended as a mobile short range SAM meant to protect Armoured formations from Warsaw Pact gunships (Mi-35, Mi-24, etc). But it was ok for Nigeria to operate it as a primary ADS . But now, we have neighbors operating Mig-29s! Will this Roland crap stop them? Ill rather put my money on our Zsu-23-2s (Shilkas). But we operate only about 5. This is crimminal! We won't fight bH forever. Imagine what Chadian jets fitted with external tanks, will do to Aso Rock?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZAR: 4:48am On Jan 11, 2016
bidexiii:

Here you come again....CZAR?
I'll see myself out. grin grin grin grin
Great thread you got going sir!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:14am On Jan 11, 2016
MikeCZAR:
I'll see myself out. grin grin grin grin

Great thread you got going sir!

angry angry angry.....@MIKECZAR....pos no one said you should leave, you only enjoy mocking by ur statement ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sczeska: 7:18am On Jan 11, 2016
bidexiii:

And you don't just empty ur inventory when you don't av replacement......?
That's my point, let's empty and know what's left. I can bet my balls, that those batteries have never received upgrades.(all we do is paint work)
You don't choose how you want your enemy to fight you.
Abi na only low flying aircraft your enemy go use??

Foreign polity can heat up so fast, you won't even have time to prepare. Do we even do threat assessments, for chrissake cry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sczeska: 7:21am On Jan 11, 2016
Henry240:

I am! So speak for yourself.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sczeska: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Not in 2015. Even modern gunships have a higher service ceiling than some "low flying crafts". Chad operates Mig-29UBs for God sake! Even a basic Kh-31 ARM launched from this craft will crater this Roland trash befor Private Usman and Corporal Tanko can jump out and run. The Roland system was intended as a mobile short range SAM meant to protect Armoured formations from Warsaw Pact gunships (Mi-35, Mi-24, etc). But it was ok for Nigeria to operate it as a primary ADS . But now, we have neighbors operating Mig-29s! Will this Roland crap stop them? Ill rather put my money on our Zsu-23-2s (Shilkas). But we operate only about 5. This is crimminal! We won't fight bH forever. Imagine what Chadian jets fitted with external tanks, will do to Aso Rock?
Or Uganda's SU 30.
Or Egyptians rafale shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:32am On Jan 11, 2016
RANDOM PICTURES

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
PHOTOS: BUHARI @ THE GUARDS BRIGADE DINNER IN ABUJA

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
MORE......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
NAF completes helicopters maintenance hanger

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said it has completed a hanger, which is expected to serve as a maintenance workshop for its helicopters.
The Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshall Abubakar Sadique, made the disclosure Monday in Abuja, when the Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, called on him.
“We have completed the hanger and built an administrative block the aim is to make that hanger a maintenance workshop for the helicopters. We are working towards actualising that not only with other partners but also with the Niger State government as well the Americans.

“We also want to make sure that whatever it is that we need to do in order to enhance the general security of Niger State we will do that and that is the assurances that we have given the state governor. We believe it will have positive effect not only on security but on the economy of Niger State,” the CAS said.

The visiting Niger Governor was quoted as saying that: “We are looking at hour we can collaborate with the Nigerian Air Force to build capacity and look at how we can collaborate around the air port area.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.