Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,682 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3019180 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Notice more sbs using aks and tavors together. .....tells you a lot about ak

To me the ak is a good weapon ,Especially the carbine like ak the SBSC where varying in the picture not the wood but like the NA infantry carries all about.
If they can be fitted with optical sight nothing to increase the kill ratio.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

Only thing it tells me is weapon familiarization, which is necessary.
Are you saying it is proper to spend so much to train such an elite team and send them into actual battles with legacy Ak47?

..... grin grin tell me what's the difference between the fist of beryl riffle delivered and the carbine like ak's those SBSC are carrying..?

And don't forget the NA rangers still uses those carbine like ak and even they are fresh deliveries...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

Only thing it tells me is weapon familiarization, which is necessary.
Are you saying it is proper to spend so much to train such an elite team and send them into actual battles with legacy Ak47?

Am saying send me anywhere with an ak and am good to go.....there is a saying don't shoot a big caliber man with a small caliber round........ stopping power, wall penetrative power. ....matters a lot.......why do you think they don't hunt large animals with 5.56 rounds. ......it will get up and tear you to pieces, to me tavor is good for headships and cqb''s. .......okay cough that's all....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Am saying send me anywhere with an ak and am good to go.....there is a saying don't shoot a big caliber man with a small caliber round........ stopping power, wall penetrative power. ....matters a lot.......why do you think they don't hunt large animals with 5.56 rounds. ......it will get up and tear you to pieces, to me tavor is good for headships and cqb''s. .......okay cough that's all....

The ak is a good weapon honestly and ur saying makes me....... grin grin wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
bidexiii:

..... grin grin tell me what's the difference between the fist of beryl riffle delivered and the carbine like ak's those SBSC are carrying..?

And don't forget the NA rangers still uses those carbine like ak and even they are fresh deliveries...
I'm not understanding this.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Bro while I respect your opinion

I want to ask you a simple question.
Have you fired an ak?

Going by your logic the FN SCAR also fires 7.62rounds like the AK
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

I'm not understanding this.

Am not talking about the normal wooden boot ak47 or OBJ the NA infantry carry....?

Am talking about the type the commando is carrying..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 3:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
bidexiii:

The ak is a good weapon honestly and ur saying makes me....... grin grin wink
The AK set the bar for assault rifles, no disputing that.
However if you choose to arm a regular infantry with legacy ak47, it is fine by me.
Arming elite units whose jobs are already complicated and require great precision and attention to detail with legacy ak47 doesn't make sense.
As it is their job is already difficult, why put them through the stress when hitting targets.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

Have you fired an ak?

The NA rangers mostly prefer the type of ak above but they are black in colour fitted with optical sight.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
bidexiii:

The NA rangers mostly prefer the type of ak above but they are black in colour fitted with optical sight.
Don't tell me you don't know why rifles have folded stocks?
Folded stock or fixed butt has nothing to do with what I was pointing out to that guy.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
In fairness the ak100series is better and it fires same round
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

The AK set the bar for assault rifles, no disputing that.
However if you choose to arm a regular infantry with legacy ak47, it is fine by me.
Arming elite units whose jobs are already complicated and require great precision and attention to detail with legacy ak47 doesn't make sense.
As it is their job is already difficult, why put them through the stress when hitting targets.

Now that's a killing machine....even the Beryl riffle our SF carries is not better than these ak versions.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

Don't tell me you don't know why rifles have folded stocks?
Folded stock or fixed butt has nothing to do with what I was pointing out to that guy.

Honestly I understand what your are talking about.....?

Range, accuracy, maintena.......etc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

Have you fired an ak?

Going by your logic the FN SCAR also fires 7.62rounds like the AK
Tell me what round you would like to be shot with...5.56 0r 7.62 × 39.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Haba...........are we save....... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
RANDOM IMAGES......

Mr president coming down from airforce 1

A airforce staff seargent salutes Mr vice president

The COAS in the United state's..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by greenhouse2012: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
#CTCION PICTURES.......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Neither
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
M14A1:

Neither

..... cheesy grin grin grin wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
PHOTOS OF CAMEROONIAN B.I.R OFFENSIVE IN NGOSHE A BORDER TOWN 15 KILOMETERS FROM NORTHERN TOWN OF ASHIGASHIA BORSER TOWN BETWEEN NIGERIA AND CAMEROON.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:04am On Feb 19, 2016
MORE FROM THE OFFENSIVE............

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:43am On Feb 19, 2016
Nigerian army burns down ‘Boko Haram market’

Military also claims it has rescued 195 captives held by Boko Haram group during an operation in restive Borno state
Nigerian military has burnt down a major market and shut down a medical store allegedly run by Boko Haram militants in restive northeastern Borno state, the army announced Thursday.

The military also said it rescued 195 captives held by the group in the state.

Nigerian army spokesman Sani Usman said in a statement that troops burnt the market and the medical store during an operation in Borno’s Dikwa and Bama areas.

“Quite a number of Boko Haram terrorists were killed and several items were recovered. This includes two logistic trucks, 180 motorcycles, 750 bicycles and various perishable and non-perishable items such a generator and grinding machine,” the statement said.

“In addition, they also rescued 195 persons held hostage, recovered 300 cows, 200 sheep and 130 goats held by the insurgents. The troops also recovered military items such as camouflage uniforms as well as rifle magazines and grenades,” it added.

Although the Nigerian government claims it has won the fight against Boko Haram, the militant group continues to wreak havoc in remote villages of the country.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:42am On Feb 19, 2016
Kenya army: Air raid kills Al Shabaab's intelligence chief.

NAIROBI, Kenya –  An airstrike killed the head of intelligence of the Somali-based extremist group Al Shabaab, who is believed to have been among those who planned attacks on Kenyans, Kenya's military said Thursday. Al Shabaab denied the claim.

Mahad Karate, also known as Abdirahim Mohamed Warsame, was killed along with 10 mid-level Al Shabaab members and 42 recruits in an airstrike 10 days ago in Nadris camp in Somalia's south, military spokesman Col. David Obonyo said.

Al Shabaab denied the claim, saying it was aimed at drawing attention from "significant losses" of Kenyan soldiers in a recent attack by Al Shabaab in Somalia.

"The claims by Kenyan government that it killed what they called the Al Shabaab intelligence chief is a mere fabrication," the online Al Shabaab radio Andulus said.

Karate had gone to the camp to preside over a graduation ceremony for an estimated 80 recruits into the Amniyat wing of Al Shabaab, Obonyo said. Obonyo said suicide bombers deployed from the Amniyat took part last month's attack on the Kenyan army base in El Adde, Somalia— believed to be worst defeat Kenyan forces have ever suffered in the battlefield. Al Shabaab claims more than 100 soldiers died in the attack. Kenyan authorities have declined to release the official death toll.

The U.S State Department says Amniyat is Al Shabaab's intelligence wing, which plays a key role in the execution of suicide attacks and assassinations in Somalia, Kenya, and other countries in the region.

The State Department in April designated Karate a terrorist, saying he played key role in the Amniyat, which was responsible for the April attack on Garissa University College in Kenya that resulted in nearly 150 deaths.

Al Shabaab wants to topple Somalia's weak government and has launched extremist attacks on neighboring countries that have sent troops to back Somalia's government.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:53am On Feb 19, 2016
FLINTLOCK 2016 IN SENEGAL......

THIES, Senegal - The annual Flintlock exercise kicked off Feb. 8 in Thies with an opening ceremony that brought together senior leaders and guests representing participating countries. This year more than 30 nations are attending Flintlock.

The Flintlock exercise started in 2005 across the Sahel region of Africa. Participating nations are members in the Trans-Sahara Counter-Terrorism Partnership (TSCTP) and are planned by African partner nation Special Operations Forces and Special Operations Command-Africa to develop the capacity and collaboration among African security forces to protect civilian populations.

U.S. Army Brig. Gen. Donald C. Bolduc, Special Operations Command-Africa commander, joined leadership from last year’s Flintlock exercise, hosted by Chad, and Senegalese leadership in exchanging the Flintlock ceremonial flag, signifying the new host nation accepting the lead role for Flintlock 16. This year’s Senegalese-led exercise spans across several locations within the country as well as outposts in Mauritania.

“Flintlock is more than a military exercise, we are training together to increase our interoperability and collaboration to counter today’s threats,” said Brig. Gen. Bolduc. “Flintlock contributes to strengthening security ties, promoting shared values and setting conditions for economic growth.”

Flintlock 2016 marks the third time the exercise has been hosted by Senegal.

The Senegalese army chief of staff, Brig. Gen. Amadou Kane, welcomed the guests as brothers in arms from different countries.

“This ceremony that unites us today marks the official launch of this multinational exercise,” said Brig. Gen. Kane. “Flintlock 2016 will bring together more than 1,700 Soldiers from 33 countries coming from Africa, North America and Europe. Our strategic partner the United States chose us to host this event of great importance.”

“We’re meeting at a particularly crucial moment in the history of our continent and even more important our sub-regions,” said Brig. Gen. Kane. “Now, even more than the past, the increase of terrorism is a major concern to all of our countries. This moment of apprehension and challenges is also a moment to decide a sole and unique choice for the future, react together to stand in the in the way of violent extremists.”

Flintlock improves interoperability and cooperation among regional and international security forces to combat terrorism across borders. Each participating nation has a stake in the successful outcome of Flintlock 2016, which will strengthen each nation’s security forces.

1st pic is Brig. Gen. Donald C. Bolduc, Special Operations Command Africa commander (left), inspects troops with his counterpart Senegalese Brig. Gen. Amadou Kane in Thies, Senegal, Feb. 8. More than 1,700 participants from more than 30 nations spanning Africa, Europe and North America took part the annual Flintlock exercise.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

The fn scar is too expensive. ......the beryl with scope and so on....with foregrip is more practical for our SOFS. ..... and the fn scar fires a 7.62 × 51 nato......too much excess power......unless you want to use it on a sniper rifle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 10:42am On Feb 19, 2016
I like the Cameroonian innovations.
Modified counter IED measures, upgunned vehicles with double machine guns and the use of cages to protect against RPGs during skirmishes.

I notice also it's rare to see regular soldiers from that country fighting BH, it's always their elites used.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2016
BlackBaron:
Modified counter IED measures, upgunned vehicles with double machine guns and the use of cages to protect against RPGs during skirmishes.

I notice also it's rare to see regular soldiers from that country fighting BH, it's always their elites used.

Very brilliant innovations BlackBaron, and I think our top brass are seeing these ; take for example in the whole of the NA army we don't have mine sweepers if we can't buy then we can innovate ; " as necessity is the mother of innovation "!!! Just imagined the life of soldier that would av being saved, numbers of wounded/amputess and military vehicles that would av being saved....due to I.E.D.

Look at the Ratel IFV with tye mine sweeper is there any big deal in that? If our military engineers can't do that, then we can collaborate with private companies like Proforce and come up with brilliant ideas..

Secondly we can't compared the numbers of infantry/SF commited to the fight by Nigeria ;"over 20,000" with Cameroon. But I think they have few infantry men in the fight too.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Henry24o: 11:39am On Feb 19, 2016
BlackBaron:

The BIR is an efficient fighting unit. They are well armed, well paid, have very good publicity, they also have 2 dedicated MI-35 attack helicopters supporting their operations.

Regular Camerounian troops are not well armed, trained or motivated. They are not involved in frontline COIN ops.

The most important tool the BIR uses is, good publicity.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:47am On Feb 19, 2016
#RANDOM PICTURES.............

1st pic is a NA CADET observing his area of operation in a field exercise

2nd pic us a NAF QRF....

3rd & 4th pic are NA CTCION...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2016
CANEROON RECIEVING MI-24

Cameroon has apparently received the first of two refurbished Mi-24 attack helicopters from Russia, as part of an order for six.

A Cameroonian military source told IHS Jane's Defence Weekly that the first helicopter was received by Cameroon’s Rapid Intervention Battalion (BIR) in mid-February when it arrived in Douala from Russia, where it is currently being assembled.

The second is expected to arrive later this year. IHS Jane’s said the aircraft were originally expected in October 2015, but delivery was delayed as new weapons and avionics were being fitted.

Cameroonian media last year reported that the military would on 12 October receive six Mi-24s from Russia.

The two Mi-24s will be placed at the disposal of the BIR’s Operation Alpha Command, tasked with tackling Boko Haram militants in the Far North Province of Cameroon, joining two Mi-17s acquired from Russia in 2013 as well as Bell 412 and Gazelle helicopters, the latter equipped with HOT missiles.

Cameroon’s Air Force has very few combat aircraft (Mi-24s, Gazelles, Alpha Jets and Impalas), but most of these are believed to be unserviceable.

The Far North Province has been subjected to multiple attacks by Boko Haram, prompting the BIR to intervene. This is supported by the army with an armoured reconnaissance battalion and motorised infantry brigade.

According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), Cameroon has taken delivery of a variety of new hardware over the last five years, including five Type-07 armoured personnel carriers, six Type-07P/VN-1 infantry fighting vehicles, four Z-9 helicopters and two P-108 patrol craft from China, a single OPV-54 patrol craft from Russia, two Aresa-3200 patrol craft and one CN235 transport aircraft from Spain an two Bell 412 helicopters from the United States.

In September last year it was announced that Cameroon will receive a single Insitu ScanEagle unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) system from the United States by September this year in a deal worth $9.49 million.

Source ;
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42412:cameroon-receiving-mi-24s&catid=124:military-helicopters&Itemid=282
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.