Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3041850 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Panzerfaust(m): 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
bidexiii:
#RANDOM PICTURES.............

1st pic is a NA CADET observing his area of operation in a field exercise

2nd pic us a NAF QRF....

3rd & 4th pic are NA CTCION...
The rifle in the first pic looks like an INSAS rifle..Is that an NDA cadet on training in India?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Panzerfaust:
The rifle in the first pic looks like an INSAS rifle..Is that an NDA cadet on training in India?

Yeap it's an INSAS's riffle and the picture is taken in india....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:40am On Feb 20, 2016
#CTCION IMAGES..........

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
Boko Haram suffers heavy casualties (photos);

– Nigerian troops intensified operations to clear the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists – Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman disclosed that the troops arrested the terrorists spy – The COAS expressed joy with the troops recently recorded success in the fight against Boko Haram terrorists The Nigerian troops have recorded huge success against the Boko Haram terrorists group in the ongoing operation to wipe out the sect from the Northeastern part of the country.

This was contained in a statement issued on February 20 by the Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, acting director army public relations, a copy obtained by Naij.com. Usman said troops in intensified operations to clear the remnants of the terrorists killed many while some managed to escape with gunshots wounds. He said the terrorists logistics chain has been destroyed following a successful raids and ambushes. The operation was carried out by the 5 Brigade Quick Response Force (QRF) to further exploit beyond Kekeno-Mile 90-Gudumbali and blocked the terrorists’ logistics corridor. The army spokesman said the troops recovered 13 motorcycles, 1,170 litres of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), stored in 39 jerry cans during the operation. Usman added that the troops also conducted fighting patrol to clear suspected terrorists settlement along Gawala village and west of Kukawa towards Gudumbali axis and blocked them from Kukawa but there was no contact with the terrorists. In a related development, troops of 119 task force battalion conducted fighting patrol to deny the sect members fishing activities around Lake Chad waters. Meanwhile, troops of 157 task force battalion arrested a 55-year-old suspected Boko Haram spy identified as Mallam Goni at Garin Giwa. The suspect, who disclosed that he transports fish for the terrorists along Fish Dam and Cross Kauwa is currently being interrogated at the 7 Multinational Joint Task Force Brigade Garrison. In reaction to the success recoded so far, the chief of army staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai has commended the troops in various formations and units fighting the Bolo Haram terrorists. The COAS expressed joy with the troops recently recorded success in the fight against the sect members, and charged them to work harder to clear the North East of Boko Haram terrorists wherever they might be hiding. Nigerian soldiers have been seriously clamping down on the extremists as it was reported that troops of 7 Division Garrison comprising 112 battalion and armed forces special forces on February 17, carried out a joint clearance patrol on suspected Boko Haram terrorists locations at Kwaptara, Mijigete, Garin Boka, Mosole, Ngubdori, Ma’asa, Dukje, Gulumba in Dikwa and Bama local government areas of Borno state.

The Nigerian army also won yet another victory over the insurgents within the northeast, following a surprise attack launched by troops close to the Sambisa forest. The army reports that in continuation of their exploits against the Boko Haram terrorists, troops of 81 Battalion and 251 task force battalion, intensified offensive actions against the terrorists. See photos below:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
CONTINUATION.........

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
#NA SNIPER......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Panzerfaust(m): 12:10am On Feb 21, 2016
Looks like the DICON ballistic vests are returning. Have issues with poor quality been fixed?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:41am On Feb 21, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Looks like the DICON ballistic vests are returning. Have issues with poor quality been fixed?

Noticed something of recent most of SF don't wear ballistic vest.....?
His that the reason,just saying shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:57am On Feb 21, 2016
NA TROOPS CLEARS BH MARKET IN GULUMBA

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Panzerfaust(m): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
bidexiii:

Noticed something of recent most of SF don't wear ballistic vest.....?
His that the reason,just saying shocked
I noticed too...especially among the Russia-trained units.I think it is possibly because the uniforms are too thick for additional vests so as not to cause too much heat for the soldiers. Cos the Russian weather is quite cold and their uniforms heavy. I'm just happy that the locally made desert camo is now more common. I hope ALL troops will have the uniforms by the middle of the year. Wearing different shades of camoflague is not professional. The Russian units too should ditch their imported camo..It doesn't match the N.E vegetation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Panzerfaust:
I noticed too...especially among the Russia-trained units.I think it is possibly because the uniforms are too thick for additional vests so as not to cause too much heat for the soldiers. Cos the Russian weather is quite cold and their uniforms heavy. I'm just happy that the locally made desert camo is now more common. I hope ALL troops will have the uniforms by the middle of the year. Wearing different shades of camoflague is not professional. The Russian units too should ditch their imported camo..It doesn't match the N.E vegetation.

But I think when it comes to the issue of life and death nothing his too heavy....dough from the look of things the SF camouflage looks thick. On the issue of camouflage standardization the only solution his it to be locally designed and made in Nigeria,or else years to come we will keep saying the same thing.....

Then I think DICON partners with israeli's so why is these issue of substandard ballistic vest and at a time too ballistic helmets...... embarassed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
RANDOM PICTURES.....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:46am On Feb 22, 2016
Air Force Establishes Cordinating Centers In Yola

The Nigerian Air Force on Sunday tested its new tactical operations and defense coordinating centers at the Nigerian Air Force Base in Yola, the capital of Adamawa State.

Commissioning the project on Sunday, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar, said that the centers would provide an enabling environment for the Air Force to accomplish its mission in the fight against insurgency in the northeast.

The various projects constructed by the Nigerian Air Force are; a flight line house, two blocks for 12 logistics wings flight line access road, a tactical operations center and an ammunition dump.

Others are a base defense coordinating center, residential quarters for air men and air women, worship centers for Christians and Muslims and a single officers quarters.

In his address of welcome, officer in charge of the Operation Lafiya Dole, Air Commodore Uzezi, said the base was the engine room of the air effort in support of counter insurgency in the north east.

Also at the event was the Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, who was received by the Air Chief at the flight line in the Air Force Base.

After his arrival, General Olonisakin inspected a guard of honor mounted by the troops the 75 Strike Group in Yola.

In his speech, Air Marshall Abubakar told the gathering that his vision was to reposition the Nigerian Air Force into a highly professional and disciplined force through capacity building initiatives for effective, efficient and timely employment of air power in response to Nigeria’s national security imperative.

He said that the need to reposition the 75 Strike Group in Yola was more evident, considering the role it plays as the Air Component Headquarters of Operation Lafiya Dole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko1: 9:07am On Feb 22, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Wise man. Though I have to admit the Russian camo is uber badass, but hey standards first.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:51am On Feb 22, 2016
#CTCION IMAGES........

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by thelegend1(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2016
bidexiii:
RANDOM PICTURES.....

why is the Naval arm of the Military (most countries with shorelines) more highly equipped than other branches?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:05am On Feb 22, 2016
thelegend1:

why is the Naval arm of the Military (most countries with shorelines) more highly equipped than other branches?

wink....like u said ; shore lines.......its not easy to protect them from invasion,smugglers,pirates,smuggling of hard drugs and illegal weapons,oil theft and illegal migrants etc
......so naval SF has to be trained in deep sea diving, dropping from aircraft or fast speed boat/craft and even from a choppa....inorder to carry out these objectives they have to be well equipped and trained.
The most deadly forces are usually from the navy....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:11am On Feb 22, 2016
PLEASE CHECK THESE OUT.......... shocked shocked shocked

Are the two SF sitting on the hilux ladies or guys . Or his it one of them only a lady......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
SADF IMAGES........

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZAR: 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
bidexiii:
SADF IMAGES........
SANDF.

Replaced the old SADF after units from the liberation movements, homeland defence forces and protection forces were intergrated into the new force.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
MikeCZAR:
SANDF.

Replaced the old SADF after units from the liberation movements, homeland defence forces and protection forces were intergrated into the new force.

..... smiley noted cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZAR: 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
bidexiii:

..... smiley noted cheesy
Always laugh when I read news articles labelling the Nigerian armed forces NDF (Nigeria defence force). grin grin grin

Or when some international journalists call the Syrian air force SAAF. grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
MikeCZAR:
Always laugh when I read news articles labelling the Nigerian armed forces NDF (Nigeria defence force). grin grin grin

Or when some international journalists call the Syrian air force SAAF. grin grin grin

grin grin cool grin grin..... funny dude days what u r...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
#RANDOM SF PICTURES.......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
bidexiii:
PLEASE CHECK THESE OUT.......... shocked shocked shocked

Are the two SF sitting on the hilux ladies or guys . Or his it one of them only a lady......
Yh..I think they are ladies
but they r regular combatants
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
Odunayaw:
Yh..I think they are ladies
but they r regular combatants

Yeap I think I had eye problem when I saw that picture, thank God someone verified now.
They are in SF camo's, I think they are SF!!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
bidexiii:

Yeap I think I had eye problem when I saw that picture, thank God someone verified now.
lol...72MSF is a male only outfit
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
bidexiii:

lol...72MSF is a male only outfit
we all know Nigerian army has a smelly record of "wear any camo"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
NIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY IN THE UNITED STATES....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:06am On Feb 24, 2016
Nigerian and Cameroonian Forces Kill 20 Insurgents at Talala/Kumshe, Rescue 150 In Kodo

In a joint offensive, Nigerian and Cameroon troops have killed 20 Boko Haram terrorists on the Talala and Kumshe axis, army spokesman Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman said in a press statement on Tuesday.  Three soldiers were injured and one vehicle was damaged by an Improvised Explosive Device (IED).

He also announced that the Army has launched new mine clearing equipment, weapons and their ammunitions, describing it as being the first mine-clearing machines in the inventory of the Nigerian Army, and one of the best in the world.

He said the operation in Talala and Kumshe, which featured elements of the Nigerian Army’s 7 Division and Cameroonian forces, also saw the destruction of 4 AK 47 rifles, the capture of a gun truck mounted with an Anti-Aircraft Gun (AA Gun) and 2 AK 47 rifles, as well as a 60mm mortar and a Dane gun. 

Colonel Usman said the troops encountered about 10 other IEDs along the route of advance but that they were cleared.  “Most of the terrorists ran in disarray towards Fatake where troops on blocking position cleared them,” he disclosed.

“Along the Talala axis despite an IED in which 1 soldier was wounded and a damaged vehicle, the operation is progressing very well,” he said, adding that the Nigerian Air Force has been assisting the operation with interdiction and surveillance. 

“Troops at Kodo rescued 150 persons who were mainly children,” the bulletin said.  “In addition, a house with Boko Haram terrorists’ flag at Fatake caught fire with several ammunitions explosions in which 3 Boko Haram terrorists were killed in the house.   It is important to state that 5 Brigade and 7 Multinational Joint Task Force were doing very well in their respective area of operations. This is made possible by the steady supply of needed logistics into the various formations and units fighting the Boko Haram terrorists.”

According to Col Usman, the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai,  has again personally commended the troops for their impressive performance. 

The Chief of Army Staff, who was in Maiduguri on an official visit to formations and units in the North East, offered the commendation following a briefing by the Deputy Theatre Commander and also the Land Component Commander of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General LEO Irabor and  the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General VO Ezugwu at the Theatre Command of Operation LAFIYA DOLE.

He was accompanied on the visit by the Chief of Training and Operations, Major General YM Abubakar and other senior officers from the Army Headquarters.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:13am On Feb 24, 2016
#SF RANDOM PICTURES....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:15am On Feb 24, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.