Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,764 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3020360 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:54am On May 04, 2016
giles14:
I may not b wrong if I call u a northerner."had it been we acted fast and hard?we dis carnage started d North refuse to support d den govt n d army reason being dat d initial attacks were on christains.der d North were busy shielding dem eg buhari,sultan n d northern gov.

jst like the Fulani carnage going on presently.instead of the northern govs condemning them,dere are instead warning d South East.

pls let stop dis excuse of not acting fast and hard.had d military not acted fast and hard Kaduna Kano bauchi sokoto jos kogi etc will still stories by now

Here we go again, one of our major problem is being tribalistic/political ....anyway am not a northerner, if you look well at my profile name it's easy to tell that am from the south west, but that is not the point.

As I av said our government is very slow to act when it comes to security issues ; take for example the Fulani herdsmen menace killing you mentioned, the present government acted too slowly and it resulted to hundreds of lives in the central northern states and of recent in the eastern state e.g Enugu State. Just yesterday the commissioner of police was sacked for what reason I don't understand yet as if sacking him is the solution and will bring an end to it. Buhari and some top security chiefs in the police and government should be questioned and held responsible for not acting in time. more security boots should av being deployed earlier before then likewise other states affected.

2009 the first Boko Haram out-burst which Mohammed Yusuf was killed started on a Sunday evening and I was in Maimalari Barracks as at then for good 3-4 days BH killed nigerians from all ethnicity you can think of regardless of being muslim or christian, churches and mosques where burnt and raised down and the government of the late president Umaru Musa Yar'Adua ,10-14 days later the situation was under control but nigerians regardless of there ethnicity and race died in hundreds.

Now during president good luck Jonathan's administration is government lacked the "social and political" will not put an end to insurgency which I don't want to go into, definitely people like you will see everything from political or racial angle and for the sake of not derailing.

Now @giles14 you are wrongly informed the northern shielding some certain set of people, shielding them for what reason I don't understand, tell me what u r insinuating...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:05am On May 04, 2016
BlackBaron:
Looking at this thread, there's just too much violence and carnage in this country.
Like a wild wild west...
Damn!

Soldiers be battling BH, herdsmen, rustlers, militants et al.

In the part of the world we belong ; we don't see security as a issue of national topmost/urgency like the Western and Europeans country do. And it's high time we invest in intellegence, equioment and technical know how?

For no reason why should Nigeria not av a dedicated satellite for security purpose only, if we can win the bid to manage belarus satellites for 15yrs why can't we have and manage ours considering the security issues and urgency in these country .

These would go along way to check mate the level of violence and help the ongoing war, lives and property in the north east. And also put an end to sabotage of oil & gas installation in the niger delta/east.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2016
bidexiii:

Here we go again, one of our major problem is being tribalistic/political ....anyway am not a northerner, if you look well at my profile name it's easy to tell that am from the south west, but that is not the point.

As I av said our government is very slow to act when it comes to security issues ; take for example the Fulani killings the present government acted too slowly and it resulted to hundreds of lives in the central northern states and of recent in eastern state e.g Enugu State. Just yesterday the commissioner of police was sacked for what reason I don't understand? then buhari and some top security chiefs in the police and government should be held responsible, because more police and soldiers should av being deployed earlier before then likewise other affected states they do not acted in time and the lives of citizens and property are lost.

2009 the first Boko Haram out-burst which Mohammed Yusuf was killed started on a Sunday evening and I was in Maimalari Barracks as at then for good 3-4 says BH killed nigerians from all ethnicity you can think of regardless of being muslim or christian, churches and mosques where burnt and raised down and the government of the late president Umaru Musa Yar'Adua ,10-14 days the situation was under control but nigerians regardless of there ethnicity and race died in hundreds.

Now during president good luck Jonathan's administration is government lacked the "social and political" will not put an end to insurgency which I don't want to go into, definitely people like you will see everything from political or racial angle and for the sake of not derailing.

Now @giles14 you are wrongly informed the northern shielding some certain set of people, shielding them for what reason I don't understand, tell me what u r insinuating...
no I am not wrongly informed, I live in d North.and above all for dis Fulani carnage only time will tell
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:59am On May 04, 2016
#CTCION

1st pic, a light Scorpion tank can be seing participating in the ongoing final sweep in sambisa forest.

2nd pic are recently procured HK-417 for AFSF.

3rd pic shows a NA soldier gearing up for a early morning patrols.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:05am On May 04, 2016
giles14:
no I am not wrongly informed, I live in d North.and above all for dis Fulani carnage only time will tell

I was also born, raised, schooled and for sometime worked in Maiduguri.
The Fulani carnage I must tell you nothing new will happen than our Government would fold hands and watch innocent lives die and later sack some people to make the citizens look as if there on top of there game and later bring the situation under control....blablablaaaa. angry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 10:15am On May 04, 2016
giles14:

My brother Bidexii, you are doing a great job here. Na only God go reward you and people like Beegeagle, Sirius Black etc. for creating the online records you have created over the last few years. nothing can wipe it away.

Having said this, i tend to agree with Giles that the North politicised the Boko Haram matter initially, i dont want to go into too much detail, but the internet never forgets and the records of utterances from the North directed at the last administration are all over the internet.
Initially also the last administration saw the crisis as internal politics for so long before it got out of hand.

However with all their short comings, we should still give them some credit:
- They inherited an army that was ill train and poorly equiped and handed over the military we are using today to gain the current plaudits, if you doubt it look at the early pix of the conflict captured by Beeg or black sirus, and compare to today's pix.
- At that time we had next to no snipers, and no special forces at all. That much abused administration over saw the development of strong special forces units across the NA, NAF, NN and DSS. And they did this in a very difficult environment where the US and UK worked actively against them (i still don't understand what they were trying to achieve).
- In deed while the darkest days of the military occurred under that administration, the real victory we are putting finishing touches to were won under them e.g. recapture of Mubi, Madagali, Gwoza, Bama, etc. where most of Boko haram heavy equipment and experienced fighters were practically destroyed in conventional battles prior to the elections.

My point is there is plenty of blame to go round to every one from
- Past leaders (even worse from ex-military leaders who should have known better e.g. OBJ, IBB, Abacha) who handed over a poorly equipped and ill prepared military

- Northern leaders who were busy playing politics while their house was burning

- FG under GEJ which was too slow to realize that the war was not internal politics, and who failed to reduce corruption in arms procurement etc.

But the recovery which the past administration achieved, which has allowed the new administration to inherit a mopping up operation as opposed to full scale war should also merit some recognition.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 10:18am On May 04, 2016
Sorry i meant 'God' not 'god'
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2016
SergeAlain:
Sorry i meant 'God' not 'god'
U can still modify ur comment.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:48am On May 04, 2016
SergeAlain:

My brother Bidexii, you are doing a great job here. Na only god go reward you and people like Beegeagle, Sirius Black etc. for creating the online records you have created over the last few years. nothing can wipe it away.

Having said this, i tend to agree with Giles that the North politicised the Boko Haram matter initially, i dont want to go into too much detail, but the internet never forgets and the records of utterances from the North directed at the last administration are all over the internet.
Initially also the last administration saw the crisis as internal politics for so long before it got out of hand.

- They inherited an army that was ill train and poorly equiped and handed over the military we are using today to gain the current plaudits, if you doubt it look at the early pix of the conflict captured by Beeg or black sirus, and compare to today's pix.
- At that time we had next to no snipers, and no special forces at all. That much abused administration over saw the development of strong special forces units across the NA, NAF, NN and DSS. And they did this in a very difficult environment where the US and UK worked actively against them (i still don't understand what they were trying to achieve).
- In deed while the darkest days of the military occurred under that administration, the real victory we are putting finishing touches to were won under them e.g. recapture of Mubi, Madagali, Gwoza, Bama, etc. where most of Boko haram heavy equipment and experienced fighters were practically destroyed in conventional battles prior to the elections.

- Past leaders (even worse from ex-military leaders who should have known better e.g. OBJ, IBB, Abacha) who handed over a poorly equipped and ill prepared military

- FG under GEJ which was too slow to realize that the war was not internal politics, and who failed to reduce corruption in arms procurement etc.

But the recovery which the past administration achieved, which has allowed the new administration to inherit a mopping up operation as opposed to full scale war should also merit some recognition.
thank you n remain blessed, dats d point I have been trying to make.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 11:02am On May 04, 2016
Xbee007:

U can still modify ur comment.

Done! Thanks my bro. you know say some of us no sabi ICT. grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sczeska: 11:21am On May 04, 2016
SergeAlain:

My brother Bidexii, you are doing a great job here. Na only God go reward you and people like Beegeagle, Sirius Black etc. for creating the online records you have created over the last few years. nothing can wipe it away.

Well scripted.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:27am On May 04, 2016
SergeAlain:

Tnks mate......... grin

At the beginning and to some extent they politicalized it and it backed fired, because they suffered the highest casualties in terms of lives and property. But how would you explain that; I find it difficult to understand , how would you directly do yourselves such harm, am just thinking and I think that is what those bad politician @ the top want us to believe ..........? Now BH had turned into an "IROKO TREE" that is difficult to tame.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2016
bidexiii:

Tnks mate......... grin

At the beginning and to some extent they politicalized it and it backed fired, because they suffered the highest casualties in terms of lives and property. But how would you explain that; I find it difficult to understand , how would you directly do yourselves such harm, am just thinking and I think that is what those bad politician @ the top want us to believe ..........? Now BH had turned into an "IROKO TREE" that is difficult to tame.
it back fired cos d christains n Igbos dey were slaughtering wised up,don't forget dat d initial casualties were d southerners,and d North nor its elder both traditional and religious offered no condolence or reproach.

even our present president was crying dat it's a conspiracy to wipe out the North.
or is it the threats to take ihejirika to d ICC
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:10pm On May 04, 2016
giles14:
it back fired cos d christains n Igbos dey were slaughtering wised up,don't forget dat d initial casualties were d southerners,and d North nor its elder both traditional and religious offered no condolence or reproach.

even our present president was crying dat it's a conspiracy to wipe out the North.

Are we talking about "riot clashes or insurgents casualties"..................? unless ur r talking about the religious clashes in states like kaduna, kano & jos etc like the Maitatsine, kafanchan,zongo kataf, miss world riot all in Kaduna and the jos riots also you can tell me Christians/southerners suffered the highest casualties. But since the emergence of BH in 2009 in the north-east the hausas/kanuri's suffered the highest casualties.

That the present president once cried out that BH was a conspiracy to wipe out the whole north; am not opportune to av head or read about that story and am not saying you r wrong he didn't said so.....?
The way I view or see it, is that his mis-informed then, but I dought if buhari will ever say such a thing, just saying Giles14. Please don't criticize me for these... grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:13pm On May 04, 2016
#RANDOM PICTURES OF NA AMPHIBIOUS SOLDIERS...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2016
giles14:

So what you are invariably saying is that Boko Haram terrorists ask their victims their tribes, religious affiliation and the party they supported in the last election before they kill them. That is simply ludicrous! Do their bombings in public markets separate Muslims from Christians before maiming them? Saying Boko Haram started by killing Christians and Igbo alone is totally erroneous and a foolish attempt to manipulate history. If truly you know the genesis of Boko Haram, you will know that they started by killing security officials, especially police.
In addition, no single tribe has suffered from the activities of Boko Haram in Nigeria than the Hausas and no religion has suffered from Boko Haram persecution than Muslims. So check your facts very well before spewing out the usual "Igbo has been marginalised" trash.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:04pm On May 04, 2016
Al-Shabaab targets AU military base in Mogadishu

MOGADISHU, May 3 (Xinhua) -- Al-Shabaab militants fired mortar rounds at a military base in Halane belonging to the African Union peacekeeping troops in Somalia (AMISOM) on Monday night.

AMISOM force spokesman, Joe Kibet confirmed the incident on Tuesday, saying three mortar shells landed outside Halane military base, AU's main station near Mogadishu International Airport in Wadajir district in Benadir region.

"There were three mortar shells that hit our base from outside, but it did not cause any casualties. We are working with Somalia National Army (SNA) to establish if there were any civilian casualties," Kibet told Xinhua.

However, Kibet did not say whether the pan African body's troops responded to such attacks by the militants.

Al-Shabab militants claimed to have carried out the heavy attack against AU base in Mogadishu. The Islamist militant group claimed they dropped seven mortar shells into the base at midnight.

This is the first attack in which AU base in Mogadishu has come under terrorist attack from Al-Shabaab militants.

Somali National Army backed by the AU troops removed Al-Shabaab militants from the capital Mogadishu in 2011, but the group tries to undermine peace and stability by staging several attacks in many towns in the south and central Somalia.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 2:35pm On May 04, 2016
bidexiii:

Are we talking about "riot clashes or insurgents casualties"..................? unless ur r talking about the religious clashes in states like kaduna, kano & jos etc like the Maitatsine, kafanchan,zongo kataf, miss world riot all in Kaduna and the jos riots also you can tell me Christians/southerners suffered the highest casualties. But since the emergence of BH in 2009 in the north-east the hausas/kanuri's suffered the highest casualties.

That the present president once cried out that BH was a conspiracy to wipe out the whole north; am not opportune to av head or read about that story and am not saying you r wrong he didn't said so.....?
The way I view or see it, is that his mis-informed then, but I dought if buhari will ever say such a thing, just saying Giles14. Please don't criticize me for these... grin cheesy cheesy grin

oga me no see am lik dat,d ting dey pain me wen all nigeria problems are blamed on GEJ
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 2:43pm On May 04, 2016
Xbee007:

So what you are invariably saying is that Boko Haram terrorists ask their victims their tribes, religious affiliation and the party they supported in the last election before they kill them. That is simply ludicrous! Do their bombings in public markets separate Muslims from Christians before maiming them? Saying Boko Haram started by killing Christians and Igbo alone is totally erroneous and a foolish attempt to manipulate history. If truly you know the genesis of Boko Haram, you will know that they started by killing security officials, especially police.
In addition, no single tribe has suffered from the activities of Boko Haram in Nigeria than the Hausas and no religion has suffered from Boko Haram persecution than Muslims. So check your facts very well before spewing out the usual "Igbo has been marginalised" trash.
keyboard warrior,I don argue blindly without fact.pls stop displaying ur level of insecurity. and pls can u highlight in all my post were I wrote IGBO HAS BEEN MARGINALISED .

pls let just close dis chapter and move on if I don hurt anybody SORRY
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:49pm On May 04, 2016
IGP Arase launches new SPY police uniform (photos) shocked smiley

Read more: https://www.naij.com/819297-igp-arase-launches-new-spy-police-uniform-see-photos.html

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:55pm On May 04, 2016
MORE......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:14pm On May 04, 2016
giles14:
keyboard warrior,I don argue blindly without fact.pls stop displaying ur level of insecurity. and pls can u highlight in all my post were I wrote IGBO HAS BEEN MARGINALISED .

pls let just close dis chapter and move on if I don hurt anybody SORRY

It's okay.......lets move on...... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 4:59pm On May 04, 2016
giles14:

Bros, this your post funny o.

Your idea about the whole thing is wrong and even if you feel christians were the target tell us how many igbos are in maiduguri compared to indigenous Christians? I don't know if you know maiduguri well but I will also like you to estimate the numbers of yorubas in the state. Everything shouldn't be igbos igbos igbos all the time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:09pm On May 04, 2016
UPDATE ON OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE

As you are aware, Nigerian troops in the north eastern part of the country under the auspices of Operation LAFIYA DOLE have been working round the clock to clear the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in their hideouts.

Consequently, various formations and units have embarked on clearance operations that ranged from outright offensive operations, to raids, cordon and search operations and patrols.
You may recall that a soldier was wounded during an offensive operation by 21 Brigade yesterday, we regret to inform you that he died this morning. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

The 22 Brigade on its part, has conducted clearance operations in which it cleared 4 towns and villages of Boko Haram terrorists. In the process, they killed 3 Boko Haram terrorists, while 9 of them that hid in a fox holes and dug outs were found out and captured. The troops also recovered weapons and rescued 400 persons held hostages by the terrorists. This is in addition to the recovery and handing over of 300 cows rustled by the terrorists.

Yesterday afternoon, troops of 3 Battalion convoy from Dikwa to Gamboru Ngala unknowingly stepped on series of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) buried by suspected Boko Haram terrorists between Gajibo and Logomani. Sadly, we lost a soldier, while 4 other soldiers and a civilian vigilante sustained injuries. The body of the late gallant soldier and those injured have since evacuated.

Similarly, troops of 121 Task Force Battalion on blocking position near Gibiye, intercepted fleeing Boko Haram terrorists in pick up van and on 3 motorcycles. They engaged them, killing 3 terrorists and recovered the van and the motorcycles.

In a related development, as part of signs that people are now safe and comfortable with the efforts of the military in ensuring security in the north east, 26 vehicles conveying 398 returnee internally displaced persons and residents of Gwoza arrived Gwoza in preparations for resettlement in their various communities on Monday.

Troops of 26 Task Force Brigade also ambushed Boko Haram terrorists yesterday at Uvaha, killing some of them and wounding others. The troops recovered a bicycle, 1 bag of baobab powder, submersible pump and 1 bag of carbide suspected to be for IED making.
Troops of 114 Task Force Battalion also rescued 72 persons held hostage by the terrorists in Jaje and Mayor Ali.

In all locations, the troops morale and fighting spirit remains very high, more so as the Chief of Defence Staff as well as the Chief of Army Staff and the Chief of Air Staff have visited the theatre of operation on Monday 2nd May 2016.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai stayed back and visited troops fighting Boko Haram terrorists in Bama and Banki junction today.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relation
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:31pm On May 04, 2016
Nigerian troops block insurgents’ movement in, out of Sambisa forest — Buratai

The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, on Wednesday said ground troops had blocked movement of Boko Haram terrorists in and out of Sambisa forest.
Buratai stated this while fielding questions from journalists shortly after monitoring troops’ deployment at Banki junction in Borno.
He said that ongoing “Operation Crack Down’’ had been successful as the troops were making steady progress in dismantling the remaining Boko Haram hideouts in Sambisa.
“The troops are doing very well; they had some challenges in terms of encounters with the terrorists in the theatre but that is being tackled.
“The troops are forming a blocking force to prevent the terrorists from moving into Sambisa or coming out of the area.
“I am here to see the ground forces and how they are doing; so far so good, but there is tremendous operation going on presently inside the main Sambisa forest,’’ he said.
He also said that he was at Banki to confirm the movement of troops and equipment and to observe the situation in the “theatre’’.
Mr. Buratai said the location of troops at Banki junction was significant in the military operations to restrict movement of the insurgents from outside the country through Cameroon or Chad.

“We were together with the Chief of Defence Staff and the Chief of Air Staff in Maiduguri where the theatre commander briefed us on the ongoing operation crack down.
“This Banki junction is a major route that links the north to the south and is also bordering Cameroon; it is also a link to Chad Republic.
“It is a major route which the Boko Haram insurgents have been using to move between the Sambisa forest and the northern part of the country, up to the Lake Chad waters.
“So, it is an important location which has tactical, strategic as well as operational significance to what we are doing in this region,’’ he said.
The army chief said that ground troops supported by Nigerian Air Force fighter jets would continue to hit the forest until the insurgents were eventually cleared.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gabriel Olonisakin, the Army and Air Force chiefs met behind closed doors in Maiduguri on Monday to appraise the Sambisa operation.
At the end of the meeting, Mr. Olonisakin the CDS, briefed the journalists and expressed satisfaction with the operation.
NAN reports that the Sambisa forest operation tagged `Operation Crack Down’ commenced with ground and air forces on April 27, 2016.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:35pm On May 04, 2016
bidexiii:
MORE......
some pot bellied men
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36pm On May 04, 2016
Odunayaw:
some pot bellied men

Hahahahaaaa grin grin grin lol...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 6:52pm On May 04, 2016
iblawi:

Bros, this your post funny o.

Your idea about the whole thing is wrong and even if you feel christians were the target tell us how many igbos are in maiduguri compared to indigenous Christians? I don't know if you know maiduguri well but I will also like you to estimate the numbers of yorubas in the state. Everything shouldn't be igbos igbos igbos all the time.

bros dat chapter don end
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 9:07pm On May 04, 2016
there's almost no day wothout landmines either goin off or being discorvered,why?.
Because our leaders were busy playing politricks,while bokoharams were busy planting IED all over the villages they captured.
Solution,,acquire more mine detonating equipments like the bozena,but what can we do other than to sidon dey look and hope.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2016
why most terrorists escape even with bullet injuries,can't the military pursue them or are they spirits,someone should please give me one reason they always escape,with or without bullet injuries,oga bidexii boss henry,ogas in d house abeg why them fit escape?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:35pm On May 04, 2016
pacretus:
there's almost no day wothout landmines either goin off or being discorvered,why?.
Because our leaders were busy playing politricks,while bokoharams were busy planting IED all over the villages they captured.
Solution,,acquire more mine detonating equipments like the bozena,but what can we do other than to sidon dey look and hope.

Even BH still plant I.E.D in captured and cleared territories by our troops. They sneak into troops held territories and plant I.E.D, so while troops r on patrol they might fall victim over and over again .

The solution is that the military authorities should acquire light IFV vehicle both wheeled and track with mine sweepers , so they will always be infront of moving convoys. we could even improvise ourselves , I see no big deal in these mine sweeper thing like the picture below, DICON could be of great help. We can convert some of our MOWAG APC into mine - sweepers.. cool. If we can't buy now then we should be innovative has ;" necessity is the mother of innovation".

There was a joint military operation earlier these year between nigeria and Cameroon in a boarder town where a ratel IFV has a mine sweeper attached to its front, I think our front line troops need such hardware a lot. We do not need much bozena , you need the bozena for a large military offensive .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:43pm On May 04, 2016
pacretus:
why most terrorists escape even with bullet injuries,can't the military pursue them or are they spirits,someone should please give me one reason they always escape,with or without bullet injuries,oga bidexii boss henry,ogas in d house abeg why them fit escape?

you will always find such situation where enemies/insurgents will escape . And u dont just run after or pursue them, u might fall into an ambush or I.E.D . you only track them through various means .....

And don't forget for a forest as vast as sambisa , you can easily disappear into the thin wind , it's there terrain they know and understand it better than anyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.