Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,964 members, 7,810,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3015895 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:31am On May 07, 2016
#CTCION PICTURES.. ...... ...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:52am On May 07, 2016
@bidexii

one deficiency that i noticed in the pics u posted was the lack of comm sets for the individual soldiers.

The Network is critical to empowering commanders and soldiers with the right information at the right time to make the decisions essential to COIN mission success.
basically what is needed is short range radio operating independently of any infrastructures ie Personal Role Radios.

Modern intra-squad specialized Personal Role Radios offer effective communications within the squad and between combat teams, enabling effective COIN operations at a level previously reserved only for Special Forces etc.

Personal Role Radios provides tactical operations elements with stand-alone, terrain-independent, robust communications for line-of-sight/beyond-line-of-sight secure voice and data communications. It also provides long-distance, wide-area, gap-free, fixed or on-the-move, ground, and ground-to-air communications.
such radios are carried by platoon, squad and team-level soldiers for voice communications. It can link with handheld devices to transmit text messages, GPS locations and other data to higher commands.

The software-defined Man-pack radio enhances current communications capabilities by allowing small units in austere environments to ex - change voice and data information with their higher headquarters without having to rely on a fixed infrastructure.

i did see motorola walki talkies but those were too few and not the hand free type,
plus i might be wrong in my conclusion because pictures never tell all the truth
anyways whats ur info on this ?
cheers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:02am On May 07, 2016
nemesis2u:
@bidexii

one deficiency that i noticed in the pics u posted was the lack of comm sets for the individual soldiers.

The Network is critical to empowering commanders and soldiers with the right information at the right time to make the decisions essential to COIN mission success.
basically what is needed is short range radio operating independently of any infrastructures ie Personal Role Radios.

Modern intra-squad specialized Personal Role Radios offer effective communications within the squad and between combat teams, enabling effective COIN operations at a level previously reserved only for Special Forces etc.

Personal Role Radios provides tactical operations elements with stand-alone, terrain-independent, robust communications for line-of-sight/beyond-line-of-sight secure voice and data communications. It also provides long-distance, wide-area, gap-free, fixed or on-the-move, ground, and ground-to-air communications.
such radios are carried by platoon, squad and team-level soldiers for voice communications. It can link with handheld devices to transmit text messages, GPS locations and other data to higher commands.

The software-defined Man-pack radio enhances current communications capabilities by allowing small units in austere environments to ex - change voice and data information with their higher headquarters without having to rely on a fixed infrastructure.

i did see motorola walki talkies but those were too few and not the hand free type,
plus i might be wrong in my conclusion because pictures never tell all the truth
anyways whats ur info on this ?
cheers

Yeap u r right picture don't tell the whole truth, but there is a lot to be done concerning "comm's". The entire mission of CION depends on effective communication.

I don't see individual's(regular soldiers) in the Nigeria army carrying personnel radios or hand free type radios in the next few yrs, because these r cost effective ...? But at the squad/platoon level we should make use of effective & tactical comms system. The NA once procured and integrated the -Harris Falcon III RF-7850M-HH Multiband into our com's system , I av seen pictures of them but not on the frontiers.

But for our AFSF/SF's, I see no reason why they should not carry individual radio or better still the hand free type. I remember when those AFSF guys just arrived they where always with hand free type but now you don't see them use them any longer. Sometimes I feel our soldiers are too lazy or not discipline when it comes to wearing appropriate gear.

And it think it's high time we do away with all those walki twlkie radio.. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:40pm On May 07, 2016
# BATTLE FIELD PICTURES.......

I so much luv the 3rd pic; that soldier is sleeping while holding tight to is riffle... grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:19pm On May 07, 2016
TROOPS CLEAR SEVEN MORE VILLAGES OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

As the ongoing clearance and rescue operations gained momentum, troops of 28 Task Force Brigade have successfully cleared enclaves of Boko Haram terrorists along Galtha Baba, Galtha Musa, Bulakurma, Shatimari, Chukruk, Bulangaje, and Disa villages.

During the operation, 1 Boko Haram terrorist was captured alive and 3 motorcycles, bags of grains, their flags and uniforms were recovered. Other items include suicide bomber’s hijab, mobile phone and 1 Dane gun, as well as foodstuffs and cooking utensils.

The troops also rescued 15 persons that were held hostages by the Boko Haram terrorists in the area.

Unfortunately, two armoured fighting vehicles (AFVs) entered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). However, the formation did not sustain any human casualty and the damage to the AFVs was minimal.

The captured terrorist is being interrogated and would soon be taken to the relevant agencies for prosecution.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:43pm On May 08, 2016
A FAN INSPIRED PICTURE OF NA TROOPS IN THE FRONTLINES

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by thelegend1(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2016
bidexiii:

Awesome artwork... Though NA doesn't issue the AR15 variants to troops
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:58pm On May 08, 2016
bidexiii:
black hawk for Nigeria,

it seems like dis ur fan is not in touch with Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Iblawi1: 12:35am On May 09, 2016
Missy89:

The gears are not for comfort but to save their lives and make them function properly. If they train with them enough, they will get used to them. Another thing is they do not have to use imported gears because different gear works for different areas, etc. that is why the military should have a research team or body that tests what will work for the army, try them out of the field and mass produce them!

Have you ever been to maiduguri or any part of North East? If you have you will know it's impossible to be fully kitted at all times.

Please stop comparing the white with our soldiers. The temperature of maiduguri is about 40 degree Celsius compare to Europe with about 5 degree Celsius or less. you expect a soldier to feel comfortable because a white man feels that is how a soldier must be.

You just try to wear any thick cloth to maiduguri and you know there is difference between Lagos and Sahara desert even though you've not gotten there.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 1:16am On May 09, 2016
You are correct to some extent, but that excuse is weak. See the pix of Tunisian (or some other North African) Army on this same thread, or see the turnout of US Army soldiers during the fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan. No, in my view, we simply have slightly lax dress discipline.

Iblawi1:

Have you ever been to maiduguri or any part of North East? If you have you will know it's impossible to be fully kitted at all times.

Please stop comparing the white with our soldiers. The temperature of maiduguri is about 40 degree Celsius compare to Europe with about 5 degree Celsius or less. you expect a soldier to feel comfortable because a white man feels that is how a soldier must be.

You just try to wear any thick cloth to maiduguri and you know there is difference between Lagos and Sahara desert even though you've not gotten there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Iblawi1: 6:20am On May 09, 2016
SergeAlain:
You are correct to some extent, but that excuse is weak. See the pix of Tunisian (or some other North African) Army on this same thread, or see the turnout of US Army soldiers during the fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan. No, in my view, we simply have slightly lax dress discipline.

Bros, i never said they shouldn't wear the kit all i said was that you can't see them with it all the time.
Tunisia is nowhere close to desert the temperature of north African counties is far better than maiduguri. Am telling you that God is using that place to remind us of hell. The town is extremely hot and it's actually in the desert, very dusty and dry. If you enter the town, you will finish a bag of pure water before midday.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by overhypedsteve(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2016
bidexiii:
lol black hawks playing the attack role in Nigerian army service. Lol that's why it's a drawing sha
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 8:52am On May 09, 2016
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:03am On May 09, 2016
giles14:
black hawk for Nigeria,

it seems like dis ur fan is not in touch with Nigeria

grin grin grin.......probably he dreams too much

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2016
The evil of war, a 7yr old boy demonstrates how he was trained in combat by BH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zr8Dv8w4g
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:19am On May 09, 2016
TROOPS CLEAR MORE TERRORISTS CAMPS IN SAMBISA FOREST

The troops of 21 Brigade, 7 Division, have continued their offensive operations against the Boko Haram terrorists still hiding in the Sambisa forest.

On Sunday 8th May 2016, the troops have cleared 4 villages in the terrorists enclave which include Bala Karege, Goske, Harda and the famous Markas 3. There was no encounter with the terrorists in all the villages as the Boko Haram terrorists have abandoned their huts and ran away.

Unfortunately, the troops ran into an ambush at Harda village, while advancing. The resilient troops successfully cleared the ambush without any casualty and proceeded with the operations.

The formation recovered suicide vests and quite a number of high calibre weapons which include; 1 Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) Bomb, 18 rounds of 23mm Shilka ammunition, 1 Barrel of AK-47 rifle, 1 Extra-barrel of General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG), 3 AK-47 rifle magazines, metal link of 12.7mm ammunition and a heavy-duty solar panel battery.

The troops also recovered 10 vehicles and 50 motorcycles belonging to the fleeing terrorists.

In a related development, Boko Haram terrorists from another part of Sambisa forest, were reported to have taken advantage of the heavy downpour that occurred to move closer to the troops.

However, the troops were very vigilant as they decisively and successfully dealt with the intruders. So far, 2 vehicles were recovered from Boko Haram terrorists and over 8 Boko Haram terrorists bodies were counted before nightfall.

There is possibility of recovering more by day break. We shall get you more details as the operation progresses.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:22am On May 09, 2016
Fynline:

Update on the final push

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuDhv7tWXU

I can see the puma helo in the video; it's being a while.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:43am On May 09, 2016
Fynline:
The evil of war, a 7yr old boy demonstrates how he was trained in combat by BH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0zr8Dv8w4g

@fynline thanks for sharing these video, it's quite informative

I must say the young lad needs to be send to a rehabilitation centre a lot has to be done on him.

I av seing young boys being used by BH but a 7 yrs old boy is way too too small to be used . I mean that's way too much or extreme these evil called BH can go!!!

Lastly was that a real riffle the boy was using for demonstration ...........
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2016
bidexiii:

I must say the young lad needs to be send to a rehabilitation centre a lot has to be done on him.

I av seing young boys being used by BH but a 7 yrs old boy is way too too small to be used . I mean that's way too much or extreme these evil called BH can go!!!

Looks like something carved out of wood
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:09am On May 09, 2016
#AFSF IN BATTLE FRONTS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 2:48pm On May 09, 2016
Did I just see an 'RAF regiment' tag on that AFSF?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:23pm On May 09, 2016
olapluto:
Did I just see an 'RAF regiment' tag on that AFSF?

Most of the guys in the picture are Airforce. Remember that they are drawn from the army,navy and airforce.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 5:23pm On May 09, 2016
bidexiii:

They are bloo..dy te.motorists after all.

MPLA child soldiers!

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:25pm On May 09, 2016
MikeCZA:
They are bloo..dy te.motorists after all.

MPLA child soldiers!

These kids ar hard core gorilla fighters grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:30pm On May 09, 2016
Nigerian army chief meets president

Visiting Chief of Army Staff of Nigeria lieutenant general Tukur Yusuf Buratai made a courtesy call on president Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban in Dhaka on Monday.
Welcoming the Nigerian army chief to Bangabhaban, the president underscored the need for exchange of visit of top officials of the armed forces of Bangladesh and Nigeria and said it will help increase professional skills of the forces of the two countries, president’s press secretary Joynal Abedin told BSS.
Mentioning the ability and proficiency of military training institutions of Bangladesh, Abdul Hamid urged the members of Nigerian army to take training in Bangladesh.
A total of 98 official of Nigerian army took training in Bangladesh since 1984.
President Hamid said Nigerian army can invite Bangladesh army for the courses of counterterrorism and jungle warfare in Nigeria.
Mentioning the activities of Bangladesh University of Professionals, the president said members of Nigerian army can take admission to different courses of this university.
The President also said this visit of the Nigerian army chief would strengthen further the relations of the armies of the two countries.
Lieutenant general Tukur Yusuf Buratai expressed his gratitude to president Hamid for giving him time for the meeting and expressed the hope that the relations of two countries in different sectors, including the army, would be strengthened further in future.
Secretaries concerned to the President were present.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:44pm On May 09, 2016
MORE PHOTOGRAPHS OF TROOPS RECOVERY IN SAMBISA FOREST

Please recall that the troops were exploiting aftermath of the attack by Boko Haram terrorists on their location last night in Sambisa forest despite unclaimant climatic conditions.

Please be informed that 8 more Boko Haram terrorists dead bodies were found this morning in addition to other recoveries made. Therefore, attached here are more photographs of the recoveries that include vehicles, arms and ammunitions.

In a related development, yesterday Monday 8th May 2016, at about 10.30pm, 3 Boko Haram terrorists went to Puchi village to tax the community. On received of information, troops of 7 Division mobilized in conjunction with some Civilian JTF to the area.

On arrival, they found out that the residents have apprehended 2 of the terrorists and lynched them, while the third one narrowly escaped according to reports.

The troops recovered1 AK-47 rifle, 1 rifle magazine and 8 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition and a Dane Gun.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:47pm On May 09, 2016
MORE...

*********DISTURBING IMAGES*********

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:38pm On May 09, 2016
NAF RANDOM PICTURES.....

1st & 2nd pictures are alpha jets, one loaded/armed with what seem's like a 500kg bomb.

3rd picture is a cockpit of an Aero L-39 jet trainer.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by realnas(m): 12:43am On May 10, 2016
bidexiii:
MORE PHOTOGRAPHS OF TROOPS RECOVERY IN SAMBISA FOREST

Please recall that the troops were exploiting aftermath of the attack by Boko Haram terrorists on their location last night in Sambisa forest despite unclaimant climatic conditions.

Please be informed that 8 more Boko Haram terrorists dead bodies were found this morning in addition to other recoveries made. Therefore, attached here are more photographs of the recoveries that include vehicles, arms and ammunitions.

In a related development, yesterday Monday 8th May 2016, at about 10.30pm, 3 Boko Haram terrorists went to Puchi village to tax the community. On received of information, troops of 7 Division mobilized in conjunction with some Civilian JTF to the area.

On arrival, they found out that the residents have apprehended 2 of the terrorists and lynched them, while the third one narrowly escaped according to reports.

The troops recovered1 AK-47 rifle, 1 rifle magazine and 8 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition and a Dane Gun.

that kinda looks like an MG3 machine gun in the 4 th picture
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:51am On May 10, 2016
realnas:
that kinda looks like an MG3 machine gun in the 4 th picture

Yeap..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:10am On May 10, 2016
TROOPS CLEAR CATTLE RUSTLERS, ARMED BANDITS OUT OF MARU

In continuation of the efforts of getting rid of the menace of cattle rustling, armed banditry and other criminality in the country generally and in the north west geo-political region, under the auspices of Operation SHARAN DAJI, troops of 1 Brigade Nigerian Army, in conjunction with the Nigeria Police in Zamfara State, have carried out a joint clearance operation in Maru today.

Although most of the targeted suspected cattle rustlers and armed bandits have escaped, the joint team recovered substantial quantity of arms and ammunitions in the area.
It is equally believed some of the criminals escaped with gun shot wounds.

The team is still combing the general area for such persons. Consequently, the public in Zamfara, Sokoto, Katsina and Kaduna States in particular, are please requested to report any suspicious persons especially those with gun shot wounds.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:24am On May 10, 2016
Son Of Former Nigerian Chief Justice Uwais Who Joined ISIS Is Killed In Syrian Airstrike

SaharaReporters has learned that Ibrahim Uwais, a son of former Chief Justice Mohammed Uwais, died today near Aleppo, Syria as the United States targeted members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in fierce airstrikes.

A source told our correspondent that the late Ibrahim Uwais, who secretly traveled to Syria in February 2015 to join ISIS, was one of numerous Islamist terrorists who perished as US military aircraft bombarded known ISIS camps near the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo.

“Ibrahim died today on the battlefield in Aleppo,” our source stated. He added that one of the two wives of the deceased currently trapped in Syria might notify the family of his death.

SaharaReporters learned that Ibrahim Uwais left Nigeria in 2015, telling close family members he was headed to Turkey to explore business opportunities. He took along his two wives and five kids. However, he slipped from Turkey into Syria with his entire family and joined the burgeoning army of volunteer fighters who travel from different parts of the world to enlist with ISIS, a group whose agenda is to carve out an Islamist caliphate.

From 1995 to 2006, Justice Uwais was Nigeria’s Chief Justice, presiding over the country’s Supreme Court

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: abbati19, kabe1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.