Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (930) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3042729 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
EVarn:
I am not interested in arguing. If you believe Ghana can actually confront such a conflict,then it is your much entitled opinion.
I don't get it when you say Ghana can't confront Bokoharam or their brand of fighting.
It takes decisive leadership to tackle terrorism, look at what they did to troublesome herdsmen. In Nigeria we romance evil because our kinsmen is involved. That Nigeria has not solved this problem big terrorism and banditry is simply because we are not yet ready to fight terrorism, all we do is to loot and pilfer resources when we have the opportunity. The leadership of this country (military and political) have failed us, you need no magician to tell you that Nigeria is 70% becoming a failed state, if nothing is done about this issue even the military which is the last bastion holding the unity of the country will be balkanized along ethnic and religious lines. The signs are already there, some of the soldiers are complaining bitterly, we might witness an implosion. God forbid

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2019
ugo4u:

I don't get it when you say Ghana can't confront Bokoharam or their brand of fighting.
It takes decisive leadership to tackle terrorism, look at what they did to troublesome herdsmen. In Nigeria we romance evil because our kinsmen is involved. That Nigeria has not solved this problem big terrorism and banditry is simply because we are not yet ready to fight terrorism, all we do is to loot and pilfer resources when we have the opportunity. The leadership of this country (military and political) have failed us, you need no magician to tell you that Nigeria is 70% becoming a failed state, if nothing is done about this issue even the military which is the last bastion holding the unity of the country will be balkanized along ethnic and religious lines. The signs are already there, some of the soldiers are complaining bitterly, we might witness an implosion. God forbid
When I say Ghana cannot confront this kind of conflict,I mean they are not militarily capable of doing so,neither do they have the finances needed to sustain an impromptu armament program. However I do agree that they have far better leadership.

Now,this issue of Fulanis,let's stop comparing the fulani crisis with Boko Haram. Are you advocating that the government chase away fulani people because Ghana is doing so?, It's like saying that the government should chase away a major ethnic group simply because they have no land. We cannot always solve things with force and violence, cutting off the head isn't the cure for headache.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
nemesis8u:

Any where without a corresponding Intel setup to provide actionable intelligence , SF units r not much effective. SF units r like surgeons knife , not everyday kitchen knife , their utility is primarily based on effective actionable intelligence and corresponding logistics support, on a strictly need to basis.

Can't reveal much , but in the 80s , there was a major revamp due to failures , Intel units both military ( organic and otherwise ) and civilian were made both intrinsic and extrinsic to SF units.

If u have heard of TSD then u will appreciate the paring of intelligence and SF . Unfortunately effectiveness of such synergy is most of time hinderence to its implementation or its curtailment due to obvious reasons.

What if the SF was used to build intel (recon) and complete the loop too
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
ugo4u:

Seems you're confusing the Herdsmen crisis & BHT/ISWAP
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
ugo4u:

look there is no need to argue we all have our point have should try and understand one another.we should be thankful that BHT didn't escalate more than what it is now yht people trying to protect Nigeria are not animals but fathers to little children..they leave their families behind just to make sure a whole nation is safe...if we new what happened in Syria and Iraq you will praise our forces and thank GOD for Nigeria....ISIS nearly took over all of IRAQ if not for the intervention of foreign forces...same as to BHT when attacks where reaching Abuja just imagine Abuja bomblast at Eagle Square...but we no longer have such....we should put our forces in the hands of God protect and pray the battle will be won

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2019
Odunayaw:
What if the SF was used to build intel (recon) and complete the loop too

I mentioned it

Intel units both military ( organic and otherwise )

But that is only towards support of their intended operations. Problem is it is localised to their area of interest / ops and majority of the times dependent on external inputs.

The main brunt of Intel gathering has to be external to SF units either dedicated military or civilian assets or both.

Intel gathering is a extensive effort spanning multiple sources and from multiple domains including finance etc . It needs to collated and built up to arrive at actionable Intel so that the last mile effort to verifying and building on the Intel can be carried by the SF units in the localised areas of their responsibility.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
EVarn:
When I say Ghana cannot confront this kind of conflict,I mean they are not militarily capable of doing so,neither do they have the finances needed to sustain an impromptu armament program. However I do agree that they have far better leadership.

Now,this issue of Fulanis,let's stop comparing the fulani crisis with Boko Haram. Are you advocating that the government chase away fulani people because Ghana is doing so?, It's like saying that the government should chase away a major ethnic group simply because they have no land. We cannot always solve things with force and violence, cutting off the head isn't the cure for headache.
Bokoharam crises is quite different from herdsmen banditry but with the turn of events we can't be too sure if elements of BHT haven't form a pact or alliance with killer herdsmen.
Nobody is saying anyone should chase away fulanis they are also Nigerians, I have very good friends who are fulanis. The issue is tackling the criminal and murderous element amongst them decisively rather than romancing them, we all know how the military responded in OPC uprising during OBJ who was a Yoruba man, we also saw how the army reacted to IPOB. Now why can't a comprehensive mop up action be taking against these guys? rather they get emboldened by Miyetti Allah with ridiculous demands. People from other sections not the country are watching how the government is adresini the issue. We should not decieve ourselves the issue of grazing reserve will never work even in the north talk more of down south where land is not as abundant as in the north and also the fact that people have ancestral inclination to lands. Solution is simple ranch your cattles or by land from willing sellers the government can help with soft loans and extension services.
The notion that fulanis don't have land is not really true they occupy large swathes of land from Katsina even down to Sokoto and they're minorities don't get it twisted cos alot of people mistaken them for Hausas. The way things is moving in this country we're tilting towards another civil war if something is not done, they're gradually turning the heat on the South west, which have led to calls for ethnic militias by Yoruba kings, we will ball be playing the ostrich till a prominent king or personality in that region is killed then all hell will be let loose because any attempt to even send the military to quell any uprising will be seen as a calculated attempt to side the bandits. We should arrest the situation now while we still can, over the years the north has proven to be a huge burden to other parts of the country (no hate intended) resources that should have gone to profitable ventures are being used to sustain the war, the question here is how long shall we continue like this?

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
nemesis8u:

I mentioned it

But that is only towards support of their intended operations. Problem is it is localised to their area of interest / ops and majority of the times dependent on external inputs.

The main brunt of Intel gathering has to be external to SF units either dedicated military or civilian assets or both.

Intel gathering is a extensive effort spanning multiple sources and from multiple domains including finance etc . It needs to collated and built up to arrive at actionable Intel so that the last mile effort to verifying and building on the Intel can be carried by the SF units in the localised areas of their responsibility.
Makes sense
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
ugo4u:

Bokoharam crises is quite different from herdsmen banditry but with the turn of events we can't be too sure if elements of BHT haven't form a pact or alliance with killer herdsmen.
Nobody is saying anyone should chase away fulanis they are also Nigerians, I have very good friends who are fulanis. The issue is tackling the criminal and murderous element amongst them decisively rather than romancing them, we all know how the military responded in OPC uprising during OBJ who was a Yoruba man, we also saw how the army reacted to IPOB. Now why can't a comprehensive mop up action be taking against these guys? rather they get emboldened by Miyetti Allah with ridiculous demands. People from other sections not the country are watching how the government is adresini the issue. We should not decieve ourselves the issue of grazing reserve will never work even in the north talk more of down south where land is not as abundant as in the north and also the fact that people have ancestral inclination to lands. Solution is simple ranch your cattles or by land from willing sellers the government can help with soft loans and extension services.
The notion that fulanis don't have land is not really true they occupy large swathes of land from Katsina even down to Sokoto and they're minorities don't get it twisted cos alot of people mistaken them for Hausas. The way things is moving in this country we're tilting towards another civil war if something is not done, they're gradually turning the heat on the South west, which have led to calls for ethnic militias by Yoruba kings, we will ball be playing the ostrich till a prominent king or personality in that region is killed then all hell will be let loose because any attempt to even send the military to quell any uprising will be seen as a calculated attempt to side the bandits. We should arrest the situation now while we still can, over the years the north has proven to be a huge burden to other parts of the country (no hate intended) resources that should have gone to profitable ventures are being used to sustain the war, the question here is how long shall we continue like this?
As always, I agree with most of your submissions. However, you are once again comparing the fulani crisis to OPC and IPOB. OPC was a dangerous tribal sect and IPOB is a deviant group whose stock in trade includes the use of propaganda and psychology terrorism; both of these groups are different from the fulani herdsmen who possess genuine grievances.

First,we must understand the root of the problem,then tackle it from there. I agree that military action should be taken against radical elements among the fulani people, the President is being soft probably because he is a fulani man and he is surrounded by fulani advicers, or maybe because he is still holding on to the archaic dream of resuscitating the grazing routes.

But the stick must be accompanied by the carrot. Even the Fulanis who don't carry guns are sympathetic to those who do because they feel oppressed by both the local communities and authorities. We are talking about the 6th largest ethnic group and the guardians of Islam in Nigeria.

It is true that the North is a burden and a parasite today, it's a failure of leadership,not the fault of the people. When leaders fail to educate their people,how can the people be progressive?.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Personally i think BH or whatever they call themselves have plateaued long ago, someone saying BH will eventually overrun Abuja etc isn't gonna happen, they are contained where they are now and won't spread anywhere, i don't think that will happen, if it was going to, it would have, i think BH of today is weaker than before. Just my opinion, and in other words, the Military is doing a good job in containing them in that sector, but they could do much better obviously .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Personally i think BH or whatever they call themselves have plateaued long ago, someone saying BH will eventually overrun Abuja etc isn't gonna happen, they are contained where they are now and won't spread anywhere, i don't think that will happen, if it was going to, it would have, i think BH of today is weaker than before. Just my opinion, and in other words, the Military is doing a good job in containing them in that sector, but they could do much better obviously .
well said
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Donclerikuzo once said the terrorists are working on plans that would allow them strike any part of Nigeria with ease. I hope NIA is being proactive otherwise we will be in serious sheeeee.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
And he got that info from BH daily briefings in the Sambisa Forest? Just asking for a friend grin grin
Being able to carry out attacks in other parts is one thing, roaming those new parts like they do now is what i say possibly won't happen.
They have to solidify their hold in the north-east first, and that's been taken away from them, as in way back when they control large territories compared to now.
Xbee007:

Donclerikuzo once said the terrorists are working on plans that would allow them strike any part of Nigeria with ease. I hope NIA is being proactive otherwise we will be in serious sheeeee.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
And he got that info from BH daily briefings in the Sambisa Forest? Just asking for a friend grin grin
Being able to carry out attacks in other parts is one thing, roaming those new parts like they do now is what i say possibly won't happen.
They have to solidify their hold in the north-east first, and that's been taken away from them, as in way back when they control large territories compared to now.
NA is not forthcoming with the true extent of territory the terrorists control. Indeed there are places in Borno that are still partially controlled by the groups.

However, we should be realistic and move beyond what territory the terrorists control and what they don't because the terrorists are not fighting for territory. Their prime location around lake Chad is sustaining their operations.

They are fighting a war of attrition and unfortunately they are winning!

They dictate the tune!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
so true

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
Most of these remote areas had little to no Govt presence to begin with, so obviously BH elements live somewhere in that same area, i think everyone knows that, and the military can't be everywhere, you spread too thin and that's how you get overwhelmed when they attack, so i wouldn't say they control anything, if the military wanna go there and take it from them, they will. BH can't stop them.
It's about focusing on areas that matters most.
Xbee007:

NA is not forthcoming with the true extent of territory the terrorists control. Indeed there are places in Borno that are still partially controlled by the groups.

However, we should be realistic and move beyond what territory the terrorists control and what they don't because the terrorists are not fighting for territory. Their prime location around lake Chad is sustaining their operations.

They are fighting a war of attrition and unfortunately they are winning!

They dictate the tune!

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
EVarn:
If you read my post very well,I clearly said that other West and Central African states have Fulani populations. The same way some other West African states have indigenous Hausa and Yoruba populations.

It is to be noted that due to their nomadic nature,the Fulanis are largely a stateless people. However, a number of them have settled into communities since time immemorial. There are Fulanis indigenous to Nigeria,infact,Nigeria has the highest fulani population in the world.
well I don't know that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
Today we had a close contact with four BH Dudes on 2 Bikes. We are lucky to have sighted them 500m ahead on my trip from Maid to Monguno by Road cheesy

Omo our driver had to swerve on high speed embarassed. May God continue to keep us Safe here in this Nothern Borno Axis. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dunsin125: 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
Today we had a close contact with four BH Dudes on 2 Bikes. We are lucky to have sighted them 500m ahead on my trip from Maid to Monguno by Road cheesy

Omo our driver had to swerve on high speed embarassed. May God continue to keep us Safe here in this Nothern Borno Axis. smiley
Are you a Soldier
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
dunsin125:
Are you a Soldier

Nope Bro smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Why una no jam dem?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

You can now agree with me that the N.E is not safe irrespective of BHT bringing the fight to our military formations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF TO SPEAK AT A GLOBAL ANTI-TERRORISM AND COUNTER TERRORISM CONFERENCE IN LONDON
To be Conferred with Special Leadership Award

In furtherance of the recognition of the strategic leadership role in the global fight against terrorism, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Nigerian Army, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai has been invited to speak at the first ever Global Antiterrorism and Counterterrorism Conference and Workshop in London, United Kingdom, on the 17 of June 2019.

Similarly, he will be conferred with a special Leadership and Counter Terrorism Strategic Award for his exceptional and continued role in combatting and significantly reducing the capacity of Boko Haram/ISWAP in Nigeria and the Lake Chad Region under the Multi National Joint Task Force at the conference.

According to the organisers of the conference, the Anti Terrorism Accreditation Board (ATAB) and Global Risk International UK, the COAS will present a Keynote address on the topic, “Nigeria unique Counter Insurgency-a working Counter Terrorism model for replication in Africa.”

The organizers further stated that the workshop and conference is aimed at evaluating the current and future jihadist threat and expose frontline practitioners on how to utilize practical methods, tools, enhance technical and structural challenges posed by homegrown terrorists. It will also evaluate the links and nexus between jihadists’ threats and retaliatory/communal violence as both feeders and enablers.

It also enhances interagency and service component integration for all matters, sharing of intelligence and best practices and provide a unique opportunity for national and regional country teams and service components to synchronize near-term goals.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
16 June 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dunsin125: 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Nope Bro smiley
You get interest for military too�
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Most of these remote areas had little to no Govt presence to begin with, so obviously BH elements live somewhere in that same area, i think everyone knows that, and the military can't be everywhere, you spread too thin and that's how you get overwhelmed when they attack, so i wouldn't say they control anything, if the military wanna go there and take it from them, they will. BH can't stop them.
It's about focusing on areas that matters most.
NA is failing in that important role, that is the point!

Are you even reading what I wrote at all? It isn't really about territorial control to these people. They are just bleeding NA dry. Killing soldiers and looting their bases. Heck, Calibre Obscura posted a picture of the terrorists holding a standard issue of our Special Forces.

I don't even advocate having so many poorly defended bases scattered about the theatre of operation. We need proper bases that would make the terrorists regret their action every damn time they launch an attack.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Rare appearance for an Egyptian officer from TF-777 International Counter-terror unit armed with corner-shot weapon system used in hostages rescue operations.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
Sh1t is getting worse by the day.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
bidexiii:
Rare appearance for an Egyptian officer from TF-777 International Counter-terror unit armed with corner-shot weapon system used in hostages rescue operations.
Israel's brain child. (Corner shot)
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:59am On Jun 17, 2019
ugo4u:
Sh1t is getting worse by the day.
Don't believe Sahara reporters
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 6:51am On Jun 17, 2019
Xbee007:

NA is failing in that important role, that is the point!

Are you even reading what I wrote at all? It isn't really about territorial control to these people. They are just bleeding NA dry. Killing soldiers and looting their bases. Heck, Calibre Obscura posted a picture of the terrorists holding a standard issue of our Special Forces.

I don't even advocate having so many poorly defended bases scattered about the theatre of operation. We need proper bases that would make the terrorists regret their action every damn time they launch an attack.
link please
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:05am On Jun 17, 2019
Toju200:
Don't believe Sahara reporters
other news platforms carried the news.. It is real.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.