Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3019680 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Texman21:
whats the requirements to be a guards brigade any of special traning of sort

I think its by interest....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
Any update on the current attack by BH going on rIght now at Gajiram, Nganzai LGA?

Yesterday evening like i reported we sighted some of them close close to Gajiram in Nganzai LGA.

Time will tell..... grin
Let's hope it will be good news..... probably our soldiers will repell the attack.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
bidexiii:

Do I give a Bleep about what you believe, if you're feeling pained or pressed go create a thread where you discuss such issues. Just stop derailing the thread.

I dont expect you to be smart enough to understand that what is happening now have wider implications, with ISWAP having photo sessions with our trucks, APCs, mortar and SF rifles, it means that Nigeria and the whole of Sahel region is at a huge risk of foreign invasion.
This is how it will play out;

Nigeria with its huge population will continue supplying fighters in droves for ISWAP, hitting military targets monthly will continuously supply them with arms & equipments, stolen APC's will make subsequent hits easier (already playing out), it's just a matter of time, their operations will grow beyond the NE, stretch into the NW to connect the Lower Sahel, to continue feeding and raising funds through Jizya tax, Kano will go but im certain they won't want to push southwards but northwards for obvious reasons.

I hear the ignorant arguement of ISWAP wishing to control territories, they learnt some lessons in the Arabian peninsula and will not make that mistake again, for west africa, its a mobile force with capability to take out government presence and take control of civil rule, extorting businesses and civilians, any attempt to dislodge them will be met with stiff resistance from nowhere after which they disperse and become civilians once again, several intels have confirmed this.

You may argue that you stand a chance of taking out their equipments with air strikes, make no mistakes, with the last attempt to capture an MLRS, all its rockets were taken, so far, ISWAP is utilizing those rockets in an improvised fashion, you still cant guess the end of this road? they are coming for our Roland it is just a matter of time, how effective will our airforce be afterwards?

The next phase will be consolidating their gains by taking control of businesses, factories, industries in controlled regions, that will get the attention of the security council who won't wish them to be more financially capable but first of all sanction Nigeria with an arms embargo for aiding ISWAP, Nigeria becomes glaringly inefficient and helpless that will be the only justification they need to invade Nigeria and closely expand their global reach.
The Sahel region has a lot of uranium deposits, the security council will never allow any of it to fall into ISWAP's hands even if it means destroying Nigeria, with these interests at the back of our minds, gentlemen, they are coming.

Denying the realities of the next decade is not in anyone's interest except you dont stay in Nigeria, what must be done is report this situation to the security council and log it in as a growing global threat to be countered, Nigeria must swallow her pride and request for an arms recovery taskforce, a pocket size modern foreign special forces & equipments mixed with our guys that are good enough and monitored by the security council, their objective will be to recover or destroy anything these guys take, it could be a one nation action plan or a coalition of nations.

Our guys in foreign affairs are not making this move now because the military consistently lives in denial, we always argue if the CIC is onboard of this development. What is happening in Nigeria has serious global consequences.
You can not do anything in Foreign Affairs if the guys on ground keeps pushing out pleasant narratives, the time to act is now.

Nigeria has almost contracted out her infrastructure to China to the extent that 50% of our recurrent expenditure go to them, our guys in Foreign affairs can bring this deal to china already looking for a launch pad to protect her vast interest in Africa, this could be the deal China is waiting for, by limiting it to a task force, CAATSA provisions will not be violated & Nigeria's interest in the SC protected.

This proposal will have serious political consequence no doubt but I bet it's nothing compared to the political consequence of a UN arms embargo and western invasion. we must choose the less of both evil.

God bless Nigeria!!!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
bidexiii:

Time will tell..... grin
Let's hope it will be good news..... probably our soldiers will repell the attack.

Sure Bro. Even Rumours has it that they are attacking Gubio town simultaneously
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
jpphilips:

[s]I dont expect you to be smart enough to understand that what is happening now have wider implications, with ISWAP having photo sessions with our trucks, APCs, mortar and SF rifles, it means that Nigeria and the whole of Sahel region is at a huge risk of foreign invasion.

Nigeria with its huge population will continue supplying fighters in droves for ISWAP, hitting military targets monthly will continuously supply them with arms & equipments, stolen APC's will make subsequent hits easier (already playing out), it's just a matter of time, their operations will grow beyond the NE, stretch into the NW to connect the Lower Sahel, to continue feeding and raising funds through Jizya tax, Kano will go but im certain they won't want to push southwards but northwards for obvious reasons.

I hear the ignorant arguement of ISWAP wishing to control territories, they learnt some lessons in the Arabian peninsula and will not make that mistake again, for west africa, its a mobile force with capability to take out government presence and take control of civil rule, extorting businesses and civilians, any attempt to dislodge them will be met with stiff resistance from nowhere after which they disperse and become civilians once again, several intels have confirmed this.

You may argue that you stand a chance of taking out their equipments with air strikes, make no mistakes, with the last attempt to capture an MLRS, all its rockets were taken, so far, ISWAP is utilizing those rockets in an improvised fashion, you still cant guess the end of this road? they are coming for our Roland it is just a matter of time, how effective will our airforce be afterwards?

The next phase will be consolidating their gains by taking control of businesses, factories, industries in controlled regions, that will get the attention of the security council who won't wish them to be more financially capable but first of all sanction Nigeria with an arms embargo for aiding ISWAP, Nigeria becomes glaringly inefficient and helpless that will be the only justification they need to invade Nigeria and closely expand their global reach.
The Sahel region has a lot of uranium deposits, the security council will never allow any of it to fall into ISWAP's hands even if it means destroying Nigeria, with these interests at the back of our minds, gentlemen, they are coming.

Denying the realities of the next decade is not in anyone's interest except you dont stay in Nigeria, what must be done is report this situation to the security council and log it in as a growing global threat to be countered, Nigeria must swallow her pride and request for an arms recovery taskforce, a pocket size modern foreign special forces & equipments mixed with our guys that are good enough and monitored by the security council, their objective will be to recover or destroy anything these guys take, it could be a one nation action plan or a coalition of nations.

Our guys in foreign affairs are not making this move now because the military consistently lives in denial, we always argue if the CIC is onboard of this development. What is happening in Nigeria has serious global consequences.
You can not do anything in Foreign Affairs if the guys on ground keeps pushing out pleasant narratives, the time to act is now.

Nigeria has almost contracted out her infrastructure to China to the extent that 50% of our recurrent expenditure go to them, our guys in Foreign affairs can bring this deal to china already looking for a launch pad to protect her vast interest in Africa, this could be the deal China is waiting for, by limiting it to a task force, CAATSA provisions will not be violated & Nigeria's interest in the SC protected.

This proposal will have serious political consequence no doubt but I bet it's nothing compared to the political consequence of a UN arms embargo and western invasion. we must choose the less of both evil.
[/s]
God bless Nigeria!!!
Amen

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 7:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
jpphilips:

I dont expect you to be smart enough to understand that what is happening now have wider implications, with ISWAP having photo sessions with our trucks, APCs, mortar and SF rifles, it means that Nigeria and the whole of Sahel region is at a huge risk of foreign invasion.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Your proposal is absolutely preposterous!.

It undermines our fundamental principles as a democratic nation, and ultimately, our sovereignty. The political consequences of what you are suggesting is best imagined. If anyone in government were to push for such a plan,I would recommend immediate neutralization of such a person. Are you even a Nigerian at all?.

I think you are blowing things out of proportion. The suggestion that we should parcel out the country to the UNSC and foreign powers as a solution to this crisis is way overboard. ISWAP can be defeated by the Nigerian military if the right things are put in place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 8:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
EVarn:

It undermines our fundamental principles as a democratic nation, and ultimately, our sovereignty. The political consequences of what you are suggesting is best imagined. If anyone in government were to push for such a plan,I would recommend immediate neutralization of such a person. Are you even a Nigerian at all?.

I think you are blowing things out of proportion. The suggestion that we should parcel out the country to the UNSC and foreign powers as a solution to this crisis is way overboard. ISWAP can be defeated by the Nigerian military if the right things are put in place.

tell that to iraq, Libya and Syria

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
EVarn:

You have no clue what is coming!! save this post and make sure you dont lose it. Do you think you will be given the chance to put the right things in place? grin grin.

Do you sincerely believe any nation not on that 5 seats is truly democratic and independent?
The administration of Nigeria is run from Abuja while her fate is decided in Newyork, don't push your luck too far.
I have said more than enough already, continue living in denial till you become a refugee.
I have to return to my picture viewing mode.

PARIS (Reuters) - France has ordered special forces to protect uranium sites run by state-owned Areva in Niger as the threat of attacks on its interests rises after its intervention against rebels in Mali, a military source said on Thursday.

Paris launched air strikes and sent hundreds of soldiers into Niger’s neighbor Mali this month to drive back al-Qaeda-linked rebels it said could turn the West African country into a base for international attacks.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mali-rebels-niger-areva/france-orders-special-forces-to-protect-niger-uranium-source-idUSBRE90N0OD20130124

They are coming:

US is building a US$100 million unmanned drone base in Niger to protect its assets such as Boko Haram and Al-Shabaab.

Washington is using these terrorist groups to bring Western African Muslim-majority countries Niger, Nigeria, Cameron, Chad, and Benin under its influence.

“There is nothing Islamic about Boko Haram,” Issoufou told students and faculty at the Harvard Institute of Politics John F. Kennedy Forum in Cambridge, Massachusetts on April 3, 2015.

Niger is home to one of world’s largest uranium deposits.

https://rehmat1.com/2016/10/03/niger-us-is-building-a-100m-drone-base/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
Tobiloba2407:

tell that to iraq, Libya and Syria
Nigeria is not Iraq, Libya or Syria.

I think you should study more on the origin and dimensions of the present conflicts in those countries.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2019
EVarn:

I think you should study more on the origin and dimensions of the present conflicts in those countries.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
jpphilips:

You know, after operation Barras, NA returned from Sierra Leone with a cover story still widely believed by most Nigerians till date, do you sincerely believe that your denial tactics and Ostrich posture surprises me? you merely inherited it grin grin, lets enjoy the pics.

This was your initial shit..... And now this .....

[b]I dont expect you to be smart enough to understand that what is happening now have wider implications, with ISWAP having photo sessions with our trucks, APCs, mortar and SF rifles, it means that Nigeria and the whole of Sahel region is at a huge risk of foreign invasion.

God bless Nigeria!!![/b]

You are so clueless and delusional that you can't even explain the implications to yourself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 8:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
EVarn:

If our BHT issues keeps growing, as it is already in about 5 countries in west Africa, we would be invaded , and the only thing that can save us, is a Syria- Russia ype of alliance, and the bill would be crazy.....we just have simpletons as leaders, who cant see more than the money they want to eat, if not, boko haram would be scared to attack our bases for fear of been hit , we are in a better position than syria, BHT are isolated, they dont live in cities and within villages, what we need is sustainable sustained massive strikes, at least 5 major different strikes every 3 or 4 days.....not these piecemeal 1 or 2 alpha jet strikes, that are not effective...... and for special forces to basically become a hunter - strike team, with right vehicles and WEAPONS.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Stephandeswardt:

If our BHT issues keeps growing, as it is already in about 5 countries in west Africa, we would be invaded , and the only thing that can save us, is a Syria- Russia ype of alliance, and the bill would be crazy.....we just have simpletons as leaders, who cant see more than the money they want to eat, if not, boko haram would be scared to attack our bases for fear of been hit , we are in a better position than syria, BHT are isolated, they dont live in cities and within villages, what we need is sustainable sustained massive strikes, at least 5 major different strikes every 3 or 4 days.....not these piecemeal 1 or 2 alpha jet strikes, that are not effective...... and for special forces to basically become a hunter - strike team, with right vehicles and WEAPONS.
AFSF and SBS are already doing that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
Stephandeswardt:

Sorry to disappoint you, In this case, the leaders are not the problem, the military is, foreign affairs already have an action plan since 2018,
but the guys on the ground (Military) are painting a picture of Eldorado, how do you win that arguement in Aso rock as a foreign affairs expert when the man on ground is on a different page with you?

These are guys that used PMC's in the past, have foreign trainers in almost all their training facilities, have foreign technicians in all their maintenance depots, how will a UN backed arms recovery strike force make any difference? How many peacekeeping missions do they prosecute globally in other countries, has the sky fallen?
it is a difficult situation but tough times call for tough actions, they said our guys know nothing about wars, but this is what they know, they know how the real world works on the global stage, Nigeria is on a brink of an invasion, only time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
When a 500lb bomb hits the ground .
This is what happens.
There is a kill zone radius that propagates outwards .
The blast and concussive effect will also suck out all the oxygen in that Area.
Whether a Bldg structure is hit
Which is the logical choice because it evident something is being stored there or someone standing underneath a tree it won't make a jot of difference.
The Chances of survival depend on how far away from the blast radius you are.
This also one of the reasons why Blue on Blue is still prevalent as recently as 2016 with the US Armed Forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Texman21:
AFSF and SBS are already doing that.

You think I dont know that already? the problem is that the hawks in Washington and Paris dont believe you, so long as they continue seeing ISWAP draped in our apparels, running around with our Otokar cobra, nobody believes any of those missions, do you know how many times our guys have gone to convince them with proof of what you guys are doing? the last meeting in new york was a disaster, they didn't even agree to come to the venue after a wasted 4 days the French embassy sent an emissary that won't qualify for a cleaner.
what does that tell you?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
Stephandeswardt:

You see, international politics is not guguru and epa politics,it is politics of interest. World powers won't just commit billions of dollars and various strategic military hardwares into a conflict simply because they watched our suffering on CNN and were moved to tears.

For the mean time,the major foreign powers have very little strategic interest in West Africa, unlike what obtains in the Middle East. Invading Nigeria will cause an implosion in sub-saharan Africa,everyone is aware of that.

I think the war will be won decisively when those in charge become more serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
While you guys are arguing there is an ongoing attack in Borno and Taraba.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 9:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
You see why Nigeria is finding it hard to go the right direction, even the leaders of tomorrow are loonies.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2019
BabaOwen:
so how should Fulani's not having lands be the problem of other Nigerians? So because they have no land give them the right to be fomenting troubles and killing people all over the country

By the time Fulani's come into your village, almost wipe out everybody living there and make your villagers refugees in another community, then you will truly know the difference between a failing state and a failed state.

More than 48 people were killed in a village in Niger state last week, you should go and ask those people if Nigeria has failed them or not.

A village with no power supply, no good road the people there only earn a living by farming. Now Fulani herdsmen invaded their village and killed them... To those villageris Nigeria a failed state or not?
U are not rational at all... Speaking in emotions rather than intellectuality....advocate of disintegration... Well lucky u, citizienship by birth cannot be atken away from guys like u.... Other wise the govt should send u to a " working country"... hope u know u can get a car to Ghana Look at u... Completely honourless... Creating confusion , when real men, whether Igbo, Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani are there defending their country with their lives... You are sitting safe at Ur home typing nonsenses.......
Well it is real that defend pussies like u so enjoy Ur privilege
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
jpphilips:

You must be the guy or related to the person that came up up with that nuts strategy to have asked me to shut up!!
That dude is just ....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
BH reached it's height years ago, all these is just fear mongering, what we are seeing today is less worse than what they've done in the past.
Stop your doomsday bs, and i never said BH wishes to control territory, didn't they control territory before? Or that part suddenly got lost on you?
What i said was, they no longer have the capacity to control territory, just because they are in some small town no one cares about, doesn't mean they control it, if the military want to go there and dislodge them, they will. By your comment, you make it sound as if BH is stronger than the Nigerian Military, not even close, regardless if they've had some successes or not.
Funny how everyone fume in the mouth when BH scores victory, but kept silent when they are dealt a blow by the Military.
Nigeria won't collapse over this, if that was gonna happen, it would have happened years ago. Stop your doomsday prophecy. And no such thing as ISWAP, if they ask you to call them "Kings", would you? They are nothing but mass murdering terrorists .

jpphilips:

God bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
Everyone should calm down, to those with doomsday prophecy, the moment BH reach the economic engine of Nigeria, aka Western Interest, then perhaps that invasion would come, but some of you guys failed to realize that Nigeria isn't an enemy to any of the powerful countries out there, so instead of running your mouths about an invasion, what they would do is offer Nigeria military assistance, not invade Nigeria by force, ever heard of a collaboration? If Nigeria were an enemy state, then we can talk about them invading us.
Supposing this BH issue was happening in Lagos and the oil producing states, yes Western countries would have had boots on the ground actively helping us by now, but the north east doesn't have that much economic impact that negates what the West would call interest, therefore their interests aren't being threatened, so forget about an invasion. it will not happen.
Our Govt working with them though, that could happen if the Nigerian Govt ends up losing control, all they have to do is ask US, UK and in general Nato for assistance, if it aligned with their interest, they will send soldiers.

That is my own ignorant view sir, thank you very much
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
jpphilips:

God bless Nigeria!!!
I agree with some parts of your argument.

Right now the terrorists are winning the war in the NE. Over 90% of their attacks on NA bases have been successful. In fact, Nigerian Army has now, inadvertently, become their largest supplier of weapons and ammunition. Most of the trucks that were bought from Innoson have fallen into the hands of the terrorists. Beryl assault rifle, the standard issue of our SF have found their ways into the hands of the outlawed group. Some of our advance sniper rifle have been seen in the terrorists propaganda videos. The terrorists now believe that God is really behind them which is why their campaign has been largely successful. Many closet fanatic Northerners have now moved beyond salivating to the terror group propaganda videos to joining them. Indeed Nigeria is in a huge mess.

The situation is made more dire because many Nigerians don't know what is going on. The press has been successful gagged and any reporter who dare discuss the fact in the NE will be labelled an enemy of the state and a terrorist sympathizer. Worse still the Commander in Chief is clueless about the current state of affairs. He has been regurgitating the same old nonsense for the past four years, "Boko Haram has been technically defeated."

What about the human cost of this war?
Within the space of a year NA has lost almost more soldiers than it did during Jonathan era. The situation at the battle front is worsening by the day. Our troops' lives have become worthless. Buratai is now so used to hearing news of dozens of dead soldiers that the death of ten soldiers in a single attack is not calamitous to him. Remember the death of four US soldiers in Niger that happened almost two years ago? New York Times is still writing article about it.That is a country that value human life.

More so, the intermittent airstrike from NAF has been rendered ineffective by the terrorists since they now fully understand the patterns of the airstrike.

If the average Nigerians realize the true extent of this war, they would wake up every day cursing the generation of Buratai and Buhari. Buratai for lying to senile Buhari and Buhari for not looking beyond his personal relationship with the Chief and seeing the reality.

Left to me, I would say we should pay Russia to help us nuke the entire Sambisa and Lake Chad. Let us start afresh.

There is a saying, "if things could go wrong, it will go wrong." It behoves on us to stop this calamity because it will get out of control if we don't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Everyone should calm down, to those with doomsday prophecy, the moment BH reach the economic engine of Nigeria, aka Western Interest, then perhaps that invasion would come, but some of you guys failed to realize that Nigeria isn't an enemy to any of the powerful countries out there, so instead of running your mouths about an invasion, what they would do is offer Nigeria military assistance, not invade Nigeria by force, ever heard of a collaboration? If Nigeria were an enemy state, then we can talk about them invading us.
Supposing this BH issue was happening in Lagos and the oil producing states, yes Western countries would have had boots on the ground actively helping us by now, but the north east doesn't have that much economic impact that negates what the West would call interest, therefore their interests aren't being threatened, so forget about an invasion. it will not happen.
Our Govt working with them though, that could happen if the Nigerian Govt ends up losing control, all they have to do is ask US, UK and in general Nato for assistance, if it aligned with their interest, they will send soldiers.

That is my own ignorant view sir, thank you very much

you really think this westerners like us, what recent western weapon are we using to fight in THE NE? turbo prop plane that has been paid for, they want to use 4 to 5 years to build, knowing fully well, we have critical security issues, and you think they are not looking for an excuse to invade us, and turn us to a cash cow like Iraq?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Point to where i said they liked us.
It's all about interest. Right now their so called interest isn't being threatened, the moment that changes, they will come, and not necessarily as an invading force, why do we have to call it that? Nigeria still has a Govt, Western countries sending troops will involve negotiation, how many troops will be coming, for how long etc and whatever is agreed, they go from there.
I mean, when BH was slaughtering civilians enmass before, they didn't invade us, now they will? Based on what excuse? If they were going to invade, they would have done that when BH was controlling territory. Jeez, we gotta calm this talk of an invasion
This can be worn, and that will probably happen the moment the Govt realizes it's losing control of the country, right now those in power are still comfortable, when that changes, attitude will change.
Tobiloba2407:

you really think this westerners like us, what recent western weapon are we using to fight in THE NE? turbo prop plane that has been paid for, they want to use 4 to 5 years to build, knowing fully well, we have critical security issues, and you think they are not looking for an excuse to invade us, and turn us to a cash cow like Iraq?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

U are not rational at all... Speaking in emotions rather than intellectuality....advocate of disintegration... Well lucky u, citizienship by birth cannot be atken away from guys like u.... Other wise the govt should send u to a " working country"... hope u know u can get a car to Ghana Look at u... Completely honourless... Creating confusion , when real men, whether Igbo, Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani are there defending their country with their lives... You are sitting safe at Ur home typing nonsenses.......
Well it is real that defend pussies like u so enjoy Ur privilege

In a way there seem to be truth in what he is saying. We seem to view human life as nothing as long as it's not our own that's killed;for those that are dead because of the ineptitude, nonchalance, idiocy and wickedness of govts past and present, indeed the Nigerian state has failed them. When you grieve because of friends/family unnecessarily lost in the North East, then you will understand. When you know that in the midst of the sufferings ongoing in the North East some people steal from the funds allocated for the war to build mansions and sponsor girlfriends, then you will understand. Nigeria has failed that patriotic soldier that was willing to fight and indeed layed down his life for us keyboard warriors but was short changed by the people entrusted to make sure he was well trained and equipped for the task in the North East. Nigeria has failed those that have been attacked in their homes at night when they were asleep:toddlers maimed, mothers, fathers hacked to death by "herdsmen",dreams and aspirations cut short, for in death there's no light. Indeed Nigeria has failed them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2019
The army is doing 'just enough' and could probably hold them at bay for years in a war of attrition. What we should be worried about is the contentment of the army to continue absorbing attacks like sponges, lose soldiers and especially officers with years of experience and then an obligatory counter attack?
Blame the army leadership who haven't provided necessary training nor instructions. You end up with this unending scenario.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
EVarn:
You see, international politics is not guguru and epa politics,it is politics of interest. World powers won't just commit billions of dollars and various strategic military hardwares into a conflict simply because they watched our suffering on CNN and were moved to tears.

For the mean time,the major foreign powers have very little strategic interest in West Africa, unlike what obtains in the Middle East. Invading Nigeria will cause an implosion in sub-saharan Africa,everyone is aware of that.

I think the war will be won decisively when those in charge become more serious.

You believe a Nigerian invasion will implode sub-saharan Africa with refugees but you don't believe that terrorists taking control of Nigeria's most populous areas streched deep into the Sahel will produce the same effect? grin grin grin
You seem not to know that Nigeria aiding ISWAP/BHT has destabilized Africa already? Sainai is almost going, Sahel is gone, Lower Sahel is gone, Lake Chad is bye-bye, the horn of Africa is gone what is left of africa?
Have you sat for a second to think whose interest Africa serve? you think the answer is Nigeria and Nigerians, or Cameroon that has no economic independence from France, or Chad whose annual budget is approved in a tea room in Ellse palace after their politicians and so called financial experts are done monkeying about?

Are north east Nigerians not refugees already in Cameroon & Benin republic? Add North west to it and tell us if you haven't imploded already.
The refugee spread isn't gonna spread down south neither will the insurgency for very obvious reasons.
It doesn't mean that iSWAP at some point won't strike strategic targets down south for propaganda and morale boosting.
ISWAP in Lake chad unlike BHT is not on a civilian hunt, they are merely being taxed while ISWAP perform the role of government and adjudicator, such a situation wont unleach a Syrian kinda humanitarian catastrophe on migration. Have you asked yourself why civilians were hailing ISWAP during the Dapchi girls drop off saga?

Im not talking about an "Assad must go" kinda invasion no!! Its the invasion that permits them to freely operate on Nigerian soil as an occupying force, that will open the flood gates of weapon testing, battlefield scenario studies and Nigerians will become the ultimate collateral damage.

Several interests are at stake first is China's growing influence in Africa taking out IMF and world bank market shares with his more attractive Exim bank loans by implication, owning most of African infrastructure.

Chinese & Russian arms sales to African countries, chinese incursion into African resource fields hitherto controlled by the west.
The vast resources of the Gulf of guinea which America feels presently their companies don't have the lion's share.
A US naval fleet in the Gulf of Guinea will be very strategic to their interests, especially in supporting Indian Ocean operations and elsewhere.

The day most of you cheering this mess will have the privilege of sitting on that table where Nigeria's fate is decided, it will dawn on you that the annihilation of a Nigerian Battalion is nothing by consequences when compared to Iswap driving around with our trucks in the eyes of the West.

Nigeria has officially been notified, the media blacked it out, we hurriedly retooled the NNSBS for the job, few months later, ISWAP took their patrol boats, do you sincerely think that incident won't have consequences?

As at today, the west view Nigeria as a supplier of manpower, tools & equipments to terrorists like Iran was called the central bank of terror landing it in her 4th round of security council sanctions, despite having the support of 2 members on that table, Nigeria has no-one on that table and you still doubt me?

France has already made it explicitly clear to Nigeria that her inactions is destabilizing his babies Niger, Cameroon and Chad and must do something about it, the negotiation window is as good as shut, our military 3 wise men are now scratching their heads how to convince the CIC to reopen negotiations, apparently CIC will be in Paris before this year runs out,
Iranian revolutionary guards just landed on US foreign terror list, guest who is next??
you have no idea what is coming.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 18, 2019
For years I wrote dozens of articles on an invasion of Nigeria. I wrote about why Nigeria is being surrounded by military bases. You laughed me to scorn. Some called me a deluded francophob with twisted ideas. It's happening now and it's too late to stop it.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:04am On Jun 18, 2019
@SBLM, it's all due to poor leadership, one would think a serious Govt would be making headlines about that and how they don't want it around their territory, but of course, we like to bend over backwards for these western countries, yet they are reluctant to sell us serious hardware.
Compare the arms they sell to North African countries to Sub-Saharan African countries, the disparity is glaring, it's like we are being treated as kids because our leaders are useless and not serious.
Anyways,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.