Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,400 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27388 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

What crime have you personally committed against yoruba in Lagos that you seek peace for?

Read through my initial write-up again.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2015
ewufaceboy is here.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 10:36am On Apr 07, 2015
ilugunboy:
Nice one EUROBOMBER...nice one indeed.

AgentMS have said it all the 96 comment........PDP have ensured that the peaceful environment that Igbos enjoy in Lagos and SW is now threatened by the kind of divisive politics they are good at..

I just hope that at the end of the elections.....wise counsel will prevail.

Everybody need peace to prosper....and I only laugh at the small kid shouting up and down here telling Igbos to take up arms against Yorubas in Lagos......there are 2nd generations of Igbos who don't know anywhere as home but Lagos...#FOODFORTHOUGHT

Good for them!

I hope they remind the Oba that, perhaps that will help cure him of foolish in manner of speaking!

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.
s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

[size=16pt]I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.[/size]

Scatterboss

Superstar1

Desola

Ilugunboy

Gbawe
Jarus

You know I was just thinking how non-violent and tolerant Yorubas are. And thinking how violent my people of my country are. Because in all honesty war would have broke out long time ago in other climes. Thanks for this.

Please also mention e-gift he tried to say the something yesterday but was attacked by his own. Am really touched and learning from this. God bless you! kiss

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

You know I was just thinking how non-violent and tolerant Yorubas are. And thinking how violent my people of my country are. Because in all honesty war would have broke out long time ago in other climes. Thanks for this.

Please also mention e-gift he tried to say the something yesterday but was attacked by his own. Am really touched and learning from this. God bless you! kiss

Is that the new euphemism for cowardice?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

[s]Good for them!

I hope they remind the Oba that, perhaps that will help cure him of foolish in manner of speaking[/s]!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

What is your definition of cowardice? The Yoruba man is a coward but the Hausa guy is brave ...right?

SMH.....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
We've only known you as cowards, our mistake for June 12,But you can see we never ran again even with the brutal murder of Kudirat and MKO...then you throw in our brutal response to northern killings which normally used to go unavenged.These experiences should bode us well in the coming days when we troop out in our Hundreds of Thousands and exercise our civic rights in that no man's land....Let us see what you and your silly Oba will do.

Oponu, only making mouth from the corner of your room. Can your people man up and challenge us even if we harass you with ordinary thugs at Amuwo-Odofin and Ajeromi? Guy, you mumu no be small.

A face-off you cant achieve when you were been harassed is now what you will muster should shit hit the fan? Flatty Clown since 1966.

THE JOKE IS ON YOU BOY. grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:41am On Apr 07, 2015
ilugunboy:

What is your definition of cowardice? The Yoruba man is a coward but the Hausa guy is brave ...right?

SMH.....

My definition of cowardice is all talk and no act as yorubas have been known to do throught history. When yawaa gas, they always chicken out.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 10:42am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

They harboured hatred and yet gave us back all our properties in the land after the war without seizing any like the Rivers people did. They harbour hatred and yet no matter the disagreements, they don't go from door to door hunting and killing Igbos like Northerners do regularly.

I smh for you honestly. You're just vexed up and charged at the wrong people.
That is the point we are saying.the only buffer to their hate and discrimination is the fear of the igbos,the fear of our pride and once that pride is stung and nothing is done or we humble ourselves,it further emboldens them to do more,maybe start with you.Btw,whoever gave you that crap about stolen properties?? Til today Ojukwu's family are still fightin Lagos state into reclaiming their father's houses,Did you not read about igbos caught out in Lagos during the war who were summarily executed as alleged spies?? Forget the 20£ insult for another topic.....We are saying a stand off brings in mutual respect from otherwise two hostile parties and any form of weakness (like you are blatantly displaying) exhibited by one party is ruthlessly exploited by the other.Read your history.US/North Korea....Nazi Germany/British Empire,US/Japanese Empire......Rome/Carthage etc
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

You know I was just thinking how non-violent and tolerant Yorubas/Igbos are. And thinking how violent my people of my country are. Because in all honesty war would have broke out long time ago in other climes. Thanks for this.

God bless you too my dear. I just hope all Yorubas can see this.

egift

6 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
That is the point we are saying.the only buffer to their hate and discrimination is the fear of the igbos,the fear of our pride and once that pride is stung and nothing is done or we humble ourselves,it further emboldens them to do more,maybe start with you.Btw,whoever gave you that crap about stolen properties?? Til today Ojukwu's family are still fightin Lagos state into reclaiming their father's houses,Did you not read about igbos caught out in Lagos during the war who were summarily executed as alleged spies?? Forget the 20£ insult for another topic.....We are saying a stand off brings in mutual respect from otherwise two hostile parties and any form of weakness (like you are blatantly displaying) exhibited by one party is ruthlessly exploited by the other.Read your history.US/North Korea....Nazi Germany/British Empire,US/Japanese Empire......Rome/Carthage etc

The past is gone and we cannot do anything about the past but we have today and the future. It is left for us to move forward or continue to be weighed down by bitterness & hate.

The LOVE of the Igbo will pay us more than the FEAR of the Igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:

BOY, I see you are REALLY interested in a clash with Yoruba. How about I fix a date with you and lets test how strong you as an individual is in Lagos.

I challenge you to pick anywhere in Lagos, even anywhere at Amuwo-Odofin or Ajeromi LGs. I want to know how strong you are.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:
[s]

Oponu, only making mouth from the corner of your room. Can your people man up and challenge us even if we harass you with ordinary thugs at Amuwo-Odofin and Ajeromi? Guy, you mumu no be small.

A face-off you cant achieve when you were been harassed is now what you will muster should shit hit the fan? Flatty Clown since 1966.

THE JOKE IS ON YOU BOY. grin grin grin[/s]
Since the occaision hasn't called for it yet we will do the responsible thing of voting in our hundreds of thousands for our rights and our man.Thereafter,if you guys want to go to hell,we will gladly oblige you.The joke is already on you ladies....
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Read through my initial write-up again.

According to your write-up, Igbo sins include:

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

So according to you, Ifeanyi Uba and Jimi Agbaje both conspire to sin against yoruba on behalf of Igbo! And their aggressiveness against the 'peace loving' yoruba is summed up in those childish banter captured above? For these reasons every Igboman must bow and genuflect before every yorubaman for peace to reign?

I thought you were going to talk about Igbo cattle herders sacking a Yoruba community? Or Igbos killing scores of Yorubas in markets? Or Igbo raping and killing hundreds of Yoruba girls as they rampage a yoruba traditional festival.

But somehow, you aggregated a series of non-issue and elevate it to life-threatening, to the point of opening a thread to prostrate to every yoruba you meet online, and urging the rest of your kinsmen to follow suit! Guy, you are taking your new found love too far!

As a matter of fact, I'm going to repeat some of those phrase again! And I make bold to say,

"Lagos is No Man's Land"
"Igbos develop Lagos"
"Igbo will determine who will rule Lagos"

Now let any angry yoruba man go and jump into Lagos lagoon; Igbo are not cowed nor do they cower! Arrant nonsense!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by ibedun: 10:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
That is the point we are saying.the only buffer to their hate and discrimination is the fear of the igbos,the fear our pride and once that pride is stung and nothing is done or humble ourselves,it further emboldens them to do more.Btw,whoever gave you that crap about stolen properties?? Til today Ojukwu's family are still fightin Lagos state into reclaiming their father's houses,Did you not read about igbos caught out in Lagos during the war who were summarily executed as alleged spies?? Forget the 20£ insult for another topic.....We are saying a stand off brings in mutual respect from otherwise two hostile parties and any form of weakness (like you are blatantly displaying) exhibited by one party is ruthlessly exploited by the other.Read your history.US/North Korea....Nazi Germany/British Empire,US/Japanese Empire......Rome/Carthage etc

Please ask this guy what his father's/family/himself stake is in Lagos.

Has he got land, properties, businesses, livelihood etc in Lagos. If you do you will never make such comments as you are known for.

I grew up in Ladipo and believe me I grew up with the Ibos (as we call them) but my love for them changed during the No man's land furore.

Yesterday though, I was for the first time ready to die over this issue after seeing those insults on Alayeluwa the almighty Kabiyesi of Lagos.

I would happily put that Agbaje boy where he would breath no more and I will pay the price. I have never been as angry as I was yesterday.

Igbos please exercise caution, the Oba has spoken!

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by otipoju(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

[size=16pt]I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.[/size]

Scatterboss

Superstar1

Desola

Ilugunboy

Gbawe

Jarus

God bless your wisdom...you understand perfectly the issues at stake.

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

You know words are more damaging than bbeing hit by a bullet, they live with you forever tormenting you. Eurobomber is right, wisdom is not cheap and stupidity kills!

7 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
ibedun:

Has he got land, properties, businesses, livelihood etc in Lagos. If you do you will never make such comments as you are known for.

I grew up in Ladipo and believe me I grew up with the Ibos (as we call them) but my love for them changed during the No man's land furore.

Yesterday though, I was for the first time ready to die over this issue after seeing those insults on Alayeluwa the almighty Kabiyesi of Lagos.

I would happily put that Agbaje boy where he would breath no more and I will pay the price. I have never been as angry as I was yesterday.

Otapiapia is readily available.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by esther1994(f): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
lipsrsealed Change is what we want. A change of attitude of dominating other people's lands and homes.

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

According to your write-up, Igbo sins include:

So Ifeanyi Uba and Jimi Agbaje both conspire to sin against yoruba! And their aggressiveness against the peace loving yoruba is summed up in those childless banter captured above?

I thought you were going to talk about Igbo cattle herder sacking a Yoruba community? Or Igbo killing scores of Yoruba in markets? Or Igbo raping and killing hundered of Yoruba girls as they rampage a yoruba traditional festival.

But somehow, you aggregated a series of non-issue and elevate it to life-threatening to the point of opening a thread to prostrate to every yoruba you meet online, and urging the rest of your kinsmen to follow suit! Guy, you are taking your new found love too far!

As a matter of fact, I'm going to repeat some of those phrase again! And I make bold to say,

"Lagos is No Man's Land"
"Igbos develop Lagos"
"Igbo will determine who will rule Lagos"

Now let any angry yoruba man go and jump into Lagos lagoon; Igbo are not cowed nor do they cower! Arrant nonsense!!

Let him keep prostrating,he will soon become the first sacrificial victim to the Lagoon,he will be the scapegoat when the cowards are looking to vent their anger....Let him go and look for his unborn children there. '
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

You know words are more damaging than bbeing hit by a bullet, they live with you forever tormenting you. Eurobomber is right, wisdom is not cheap and stupidity kills!

Please leave him alone. That is how much his reasoning can take.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by SWDude: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2015

8 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2015
BluIvy:

Yorubas were controlling Lagos and we respected that until Fashola started deporting Igbos. Since then, the sleepy ones woke up and realised we are dealing with snakes. Descendants of awolowo and fajuiyi and ogundipe. You don't touch the tail of a sleeping lion.

We are act more than we talk. We are slowly showing who owns lagos. Let them touch Igbos again there let us see.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2015
esther1994:
lipsrsealed Change is what we want. A change of attitude of dominating other people's lands and homes.

It is one Nigeria, isn't it?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Yorubas were controlling Lagos and we respected that until Fashola started deporting Igbos. Since then, the sleepy ones woke up and realised we are dealing with snakes. Descendants of awolowo and fajuiyi and ogundipe. You don't touch the tail of a sleeping lion.

We are act more than we talk. We are slowly showing who owns lagos. Let them touch Igbos again there let us see.

But Fashola also deported his fellow Yorubas and other ethnic groups and they did not bring down heaven, why was our own different?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2015
SWDude:
I say let the Igbos enjoy the demon they have created. Let them continue to fuel their own obliteration from Yoruba land.

In the end, they will be the biggest loser.

Not while one nigeria is still existing. It's either we have our Biafra or we dominate you. And you lost the opportunity of the first choice. You now how have to live with the second.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

My definition of cowardice is all talk and no act as yorubas have been known to do throught history. When yawaa gas, they always chicken out.

The only time Yawa was about to gas in Lagos during the aftermath of June 12.....Nigerians know those that ran home for yam festival that many of them never did before then.

Keep preaching violence......some of you are just dumb to see the bigger picture standing right in front of you.

10 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
ibedun:

And igbos have spoken "We will never bow to threats in whatsoever form they be" Igbos will come out,exercise their franchise and thumb their noses at Akiolu let us see who will perish in the Lagoon.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by millyajay(f): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Your land is not a no man's land but lagos state is.
Do you even know that lagos state has indigenes....we have Yorubas that there state of origin is Lagos...because we are accommodating doesn't mean you guys should take us for a fool..If we decide we don't wanna have anything to do with you guys..before you know it you will just go bankrupt..saying lagos is a no man's land is just like saying portharcout is a no man's land which is nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Since the occaision hasn't called for it yet we will do the responsible thing of voting in our hundreds of thousands for our rights and our man.Thereafter,if you guys want to go to hell,we will gladly oblige you.The joke is already on you ladies....

Since occassion didnt call for it?....... Oh boy, this punk here is one hell of a sissy.

TRUTH IS, you will vote, WE WILL RIG YOUR VOTES, and there aint taka you will do about it. While you all keep crying like the sissies you are, we will keep stepping on your toes till you burst out that violence you all want. Then will we show you how we can be intelligent and at the same time be beasts that will crush you ruthlessly if you allow for violence. I very sure ICC will not even listen to your whinings when we stick the heads of one of your Ohanaeze cheifs on a pole in your Ibo-populated areas for you all to see.

I see many senseless Igbos drowning in the Lagoon after Saturday.......in the voice of the King. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2015
ilugunboy:

The only time Yawa was about to gas in Lagos during the aftermath of June 12.....Nigerians know those that ran home for yam festival that many of them never did before then.

Keep preaching violence......some of you are just dumb to see the bigger picture standing right in front of you.

It is your Oba that is threatening violence to peaceful men that paid him a courtesy visit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Why Fayose Should Not Go To Court – Sagay / Tinubu's Camp Threatens Ambode: Stand Down Or Face Impeachment / I Can't Step Down For Anybody-Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.