Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27385 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by AgentMS: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Superstar is this you? I understand that is why I am suing for peace. All our people shouting fight, fight don't know the implications of what they are calling for. I still appeal to you help reach out to your people. If Ambode is your man I believe you guys should know how to get him there with or without Igbo votes.

Sincerely I have soft spot for JK but the sectional and divisive ploy he has added to the campaign is pissing me off.

The damage PDP did during the. Presidential election is not enough, they have now descended to a new low of bringing it down to state politics.

Unfortunately, they found a ready tool in Igbos. This might not go down well.

Ohaneze threatening a yoruba Oba on his land is a big mistake. They should have called for peace. No Oba will apologies in Yorubaland. That is the tradition and it stands.

Mark my words.

Let us all continue to tow the line of peaceful coexistence and respect for others and their tradition.

#superstar1

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

So why are you blaming us for a lunatic's condemnable acts?

Do you blame Americans for 911 or the French for Charlie Hebdo attacks?

The reaction you are seeing now is as a result of the accumulated years of arrogance and provocation from us to the Yoruba in Lagos. Sometimes I get irritated when I hear our people say all these rubbish in public buses and around. I have confronted some before in a public bus and asked them to be quiet. If I could be that irritated I wonder how the Yorubas around would have felt.

6 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
You are so naive like Aguiyi-ironsi,tis people like you that will bear the backlash,not igbos who are alert and ready.Fyi,Akiolu statement will be acted upon in some capacity or the other whether Ambode wins or not unless we stand our ground and look them in the face after exercising our democratic rights ....If you want to live with them in peace from here on now then sacrifice one of your own to the lagoon.

Ichidido, you are only talking rotten beans. Can you even face me if I challenge you even in Ibo-populated areas in Lagos?

Running your mouth wont do any magic. Why not ask your brothers why they fled for the fear of June 12 before spitting rotten beans here? Why didnt they stand and fight Yorubas in Lagos?

I CAN BET IT you will be nowhere to be found on this forum when the ridicule against your vain boasts of a face-off against Yorubas hits the highs.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:15am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The reaction you are seeing now is as a result of the accumulated years of arrogance and provocation from us to the Yoruba in Lagos. Sometimes I get irritated when I hear our people say all these rubbish in public buses and around. I have confronted some before in a public bus and asked them to be quiet. If I could be that irritated I wonder how the Yorubas around would have felt.

You still wouldn't answer the question
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:

Sincerely I have soft spot for JK but the sectional and divisive ploy he has added to the campaign is pissing me off.

The damage PDP did during the. Presidential election is not enough, they have now descended to a new low of bringing it down to state politics.

Unfortunately, they found a ready tool in Igbos. This might not go down well.

Ohaneze threatening a yoruba Oba on his land is a big mistake. They should have call for peace. No Oba will apologies in Yorubaland. That is the tradition and it stands.

Mark my words.

Let us all continue to tow the line of peaceful coexistence and respect for others and their tradition.

#superstar1

There are mistakes both ways but in the end, all we need is peace. Please preach this to your people.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:

Ichidido, you are only talking rotten beans. Can you even face me if I challenge you even in Ibo-populated areas in Lagos?

Running your mouth wont do any magic. Why not ask your brothers why they fled for the fear of June 12 before spitting rotten beans here? Why didnt they stand and fight Yorubas in Lagos?

I CAN BET IT you will be nowhere to be found on this forum when the ridicule against your vain boasts of a face-off against Yorubas hits the highs.

Shut up and have some amala.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by brize(m): 10:16am On Apr 07, 2015
.With all due respect, i disagree
with most of the things you
said here,
I will try to answer some of
your questions, but before I do,
let me remind you that Lagos
was a state capital and was
developed with Nigerians
money, so it belongs to all of
us, Lagos will not be what it is
today if not for all our efforts.
Nigeria should develop Enugu
as much as they developed
Abuja and Lagos and let's see if
we would not move back home,
give us an international airport
and a standard seaport
*Kano is not called a no mans
land because it was not once a
state capital,
Let me ask you,
*how would you feel if
someone wakes up tomorrow
and start telling you that Abuja
belongs to his father or grand
father ?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 10:17am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You should be reasonable and allow sleeping dogs lie. The gentle walk of a leopard is not a sign of weakness. What are you trying to achieve by pushing/provoking the Yoruba? What exactly? You want them to rise up in violent attacks against innocent Igbo women & children just to prove to you that they are not cowards?

You are the one calling people to rise and take up arms against a people that you have lived with all these years without violent confrontations. You need to have a rethink. Sometimes it is good to bend down for peace to reign; it must not always be chest-beating and braggadocio. embarassed
You only bend for people who are peaceful but to bend for those who have for decades harboured hate,discrimination even envy is not only silly but disastrous especially now a call action as been sounded out.The cat is out of the bag and your begging won't make it come back,it will only make situation dangerous....Igbos don't bend to threats we counter threats with threats and action.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

You still wouldn't answer the question

Yes, I blame the Americans. They have always interfered unnecessarily in the affairs of other nations. It still does not justify the attack which led to the killing of innocent people. I condemn the 9/11 attack but let me tell you that whenever there is an action, there will always be a reaction.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
[color=$1980BC] You only bend for people who are peaceful but to bend for those who have for decades harboured hate,discrimination even envy is not only silly but disastrous especially now a call action as been sounded out.The cat is out of the bag and your begging won't make it come back,it will only make situation dangerous....Igbos don't bend to threats we counter threats with threats and action. [/color]

They harboured hatred and yet gave us back all our properties in the land after the war without seizing any like the Rivers people did. They harbour hatred and yet no matter the disagreements, they don't go from door to door hunting and killing Igbos like Northerners do regularly.

I smh for you honestly. You're just vexed up and charged at the wrong people.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Yes, I blame the Americans. They have always interfered unnecessarily in the affairs of other nations. It still does not justify the attack which led to the killing of innocent people. I condemn the 9/11 attack but let me tell you that whenever there is an action, there will always be a reaction.

I give up.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by okokhaerat(m): 10:21am On Apr 07, 2015
but wait o, this JUST KIDDIN of a gubernatorial candidate, is there any yoruba man sitting on any political seat in igbo land? need i remind you that lagos is a south-western state, nd it belongs to the yorubas, who condoled all other tribes to ensure ethnic stability... some idiots sha....... JK is as clueless as GEJ angry

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 07, 2015
brize:
.With all due respect, i disagree
with most of the things you
said here,
I will try to answer some of
your questions, but before I do,
let me remind you that Lagos
was a state capital and was
developed with Nigerians
money, so it belongs to all of
us, Lagos will not be what it is
today if not for all our efforts.
Nigeria should develop Enugu
as much as they developed
Abuja and Lagos and let's see if
we would not move back home,
give us an international airport
and a standard seaport
*Kano is not called a no mans
land because it was not once a
state capital,
Let me ask you,
*how would you feel if
someone wakes up tomorrow
and start telling you that Abuja
belongs to his father or grand
father ?

Calabar was also once a state capital, why are we not shouting at the faces of the Efik that Cross River is a no-man's-land?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

I give up.

Let peace continue to reign biko. This is for the good of our people and children all over the west.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2015
OAM4J, pls move this to front page I beg you in the name of God.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Balkan(m): 10:23am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER IS A YORUBA BOY.
IGBOS DONT BEG.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by brize(m): 10:24am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

oga their is something you don't seem to understand... Unless Jesus christ comes again... There will be no absolute peace in Nigeria no matter how hard anyone tries because TRUST IS LIKE A PAPER THAT WHEN RUMPLED IT CAN NEVER BE PERFECT AGAIN.... The trust is gone in NIGERIA. trust me

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:25am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

They harboured hatred and yet gave us back all our properties in the land after the war without seizing any like the Rivers people did. They harbour hatred and yet no matter the disagreements, they don't go from door to door hunting and killing Igbos like Northerners do regularly.

I smh for you honestly. You're just vexed up and charged at the wrong people.

Oh, they're so so kind not to kill Igbos regularly. Listen to yourself speak. You are so docile that I hope, for your sake, I never meet you in real life.
So we should start bowing down to lazy fools because we are yet to right former injustices?
Mind you, our issue with Rivers people is still ongoing and abokkis are slowly learning to repect themselves. The yorubas can only shout as usual like the empty barrels they are.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 07, 2015
Balkan:
EUROBOMBER IS A YORUBA BOY.
IGBOS DONT BEG.

So I have now become a Yoruba boy. grin grin grin grin

Go and read you bible especially Ecclesiastics. There is a time for everything under the sun my brother. There is a time for chest-beating and braggadocio and a time to beg for peace, go figure.

8 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Shut up and have some amala.

Didirin n dato, Is that all you have?

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Oh, they're so so kind not to kill Igbos regularly. Listen to yourself speak. You are so docile that I hope, for your sake, I never meet you in real life.
So we should start bowing down to lazy fools because we are yet to right former injustices?
Mind you, our issue with Rivers people is still ongoing and abokkis are slowly learning to repect themselves. The yorubas can only shout as usual like the empty barrels they are.

Read your post again and see all the insults to the Yoruba! What would it cost you to be civil!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 10:27am On Apr 07, 2015
StBlack1:

[s]

I CAN BET IT you will be nowhere to be found on this forum when the ridicule against your vain boasts of a face-off against Yorubas hits the highs.[/s]

We've only known you as cowards, our mistake for June 12,But you can see we never ran again even with the brutal murder of Kudirat and MKO...then you throw in our brutal response to northern killings which normally used to go unavenged.These experiences should bode us well in the coming days when we troop out in our Hundreds of Thousands and exercise our civic rights in that no man's land....Let us see what you and your silly Oba will do.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2015
@op,

Appeasement as a political tool doesn't always work, you only embolden the aggressor!

I think Lagosian should go to the poll on April 11, and vote according to their conscience and sentiments! Let the one with the most vote be declare the winner.

Lagos is part and parcel of Nigeria, if anyone (Igbo, yoruba, hausa, etc) breaks the law of the land, let him be held accountable for it. A little banter here and there about status of Lagos only offend the dredge of the bitter, those intrinsically inferior in intellect and emotions!

If some Igbos call Lagos no man's land, some yoruba reserves the right to name Portharcourt, Onitsha, Enugu in similar fashion as they wish! Such little banter have never been known to hurt even a fly.

Now if anyone want to take it personal to the point of issuing threat, let such persons or groups of person know that we only know the start, but we can't tell the end. When a wood insect gathers tree, on it's head it carries it! As long as Lagos exist as part of larger Nigeria which includes Igbo area, Igbos will live, do business in Lagos and exchange friendly banter with the people of the city as they deemed fit!

If anyone feel slighted by the presence of Igbos in their midst they could go to court to seek redress. Threatening Igbos or Igbo interest will not cut it. And if some people think they are more Lagosian than others and wish to burn the city, I'm sure they will find willing collaborators from either sides!

When we come out to vote on Saturday April 11, many of us will vote for Ambode for whatever reason, and many of us will vote for Jimi Agbaje for whatever reason, and it wont be because some obscure Oba threatened us with empty curses from some obscure palace!

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Let peace continue to reign biko. This is for the good of our people and children all over the west.

Our people there should learn to defend themselves. If they have been docile like you before, they should wake up, arm themselves or get ready to die. Igboland should not bow in shame because of a few emigrants that forgot how to be Igbo.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by brize(m): 10:28am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Calabar was also once a state capital, why are we not shouting at the faces of the Efik that Cross River is a no-man's-land?
Oga stop thinking from your anus, use your brain, for how many years was calabar the capital?? And was it developed the way Lagos was developed and Abuja is still being developed?? It's not because you are trying to make your impossible peace so when you see the truth you tie wrapper and trample on it..

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 07, 2015
brize:
oga their is something you don't seem to understand... Unless Jesus christ comes again... There will be no absolute peace in Nigeria no matter how hard anyone tries because TRUST IS LIKE A PAPER THAT WHEN RUMPLED IT CAN NEVER BE PERFECT AGAIN.... The trust is gone in NIGERIA. trust me

It will not stop some of us from trying our very best to ask for peace. We will bend low to do it and leave the rest to God.

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:29am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Read your post again and see all the insults to the Yoruba! What would it cost you to be civil!

Truth is not insult. A lazy empty barrel fool is a lazy empty barrel fool.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 07, 2015
brize:
Oga stop thinking from your anus, use your brain, for how many years was calabar the capital?? And was it developed the way Lagos was developed and Abuja is still being developed?? It's not because you are trying to make your impossible peace so when you see the truth you tie wrapper and trample on it..

Follow your line of argument to the end or drop it. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It will not stop some of us from trying our very best to ask for peace. We will bend low to do it and leave the rest to God.

Now I know you are yorubaman.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

My point is that I do not support what the Oba said no matter the justification but the truth is that I have noticed this provocative attitude of our people and it must stop. It is irritating.

What provocative attitude??. I saw two recurring names in your post, Jimi Agbaje and Ifeanyi Uba and possibly Arthur Eze, these are corrupt business men and a politician. They do not represent the Igbos and can't force any Igbo man to do what they don't want. Igbos are independent minded and should not be tarred with the same brush used on these individuals. If you have problem with them,be bold and confront them. Don't vent your anger and stupi.dity on innocent and harmless people who have done you no harm.
It is ok for Agbaje to campaign and seek vote but it's not ok for him to win the election according to Akiolu.

Why don't they ask him to withdraw totally from the election?

APC should reflect and ask themselves why people are opposed to their candidate and their party. Let them correct it and see if they don't win the hearts of the people.

If i visit a man with a goodwill message and he threatens me like that silly man did, I would react very bad. Yes I would see him as an enemy. They do not need Igbo votes,yet they are having sleepless nights about Igbos.

Phuck dem.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 07, 2015
Nice one EUROBOMBER...nice one indeed.

AgentMS have said it all the 96 comment........PDP have ensured that the peaceful environment that Igbos enjoy that have made them to prosper in Lagos and SW is now threatened by the kind of divisive politics they are good at....playing brothers against brothers....tribe against tribe and religion against religion.

I just hope that at the end of the elections.....wise counsel will prevail.

Everybody need peace to prosper....and I only laugh at the small kid shouting up and down here telling Igbos to take up arms against Yorubas in Lagos......there are 2nd generations of Igbos who don't know anywhere as home but Lagos...#FOODFORTHOUGHT

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PointB: 10:33am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

What crime have you personally committed against yoruba in Lagos that you seek peace for?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2019: North Central Leaders Float New Party - Newtelegraphonline / Party Agents Caught Paying For Votes In Anambra Elections(videos) / Governor Yahaya Bello At Tinubu's Home (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.