Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy (52379 Views)

My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan / Breaking News: Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Mobilize For Agbaje. / Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by PLEXPLEX(m): 6:39am On Apr 08, 2015
soe:
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle.

For those who say Fashola repatriated some Igbos...I ask...What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.

What kind of insult is this? Tell me, r u saying Igbo is a decease akin to BEGGING & MADNESS?
You ve really spoken without a single sense. How can u be talking about tribe & religion & u ll liken it to PDP?
We r all Nigerians & it is only one that is ignorant of the happenings in the Nigerian political space that ll not know the only national party without tribalism or religious sentiment is PDP.
We r not fools. Y r APC coming out now with a Christian candidate?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by kemisole(f): 6:53am On Apr 08, 2015
I totally disagree with Don jazzy,people should stop twisting issue.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by PAINGAIN: 6:53am On Apr 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

They don't seem to understand they are fading into oblivion in the world of politics.
Even the SS has produced a president.
To them its all about hatred for other tribes and how superior they are with their pride and arrogance.
While reality which they have lost the slightest contact with, proves the opposite!
what's this one saying about our politics fading into oblivion? FYI, igbos never took national politics serious bcus we are not politicians. And we also know that nigeria politics is controlled by d hausas. We also know that the yorubas are hausa's arselickers so they will always support hausa against anyone else. Abeg, igbos channelled their energy into something else. Just a little interest in lagos politics by d igbos and the yorubas are all panicky. Don't worry, the two men running for governorship are still yorubas, wait until igbos decide to produce a lagos governor.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 08, 2015
arsetalks:
I have been in Lagos since 1998, I have not seen such but I am not surprised at your outburst, it is all part of the "we are the victim" mentality.

I want to believe dis is ur arse talking as ur moniker implies.. LASTMA is extorting, same wif kai, same wif agberos, same wif bike men.. And who do u fink are worst hit?? Even d hausas who are mostly bike men would Neva vote APC am sure of DAT.. Jk only said he would impose fairer taxes Nd better trading conditions.. Abg nor carry am face Igbo ooo.. both SS, SE, NORTH & YORUBAS are voting for JK.. feel free to quote me on Sunday

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by macof(m): 7:04am On Apr 08, 2015
What does don jazzy know about politics...mumu no go stay for studio

Akiolu has been an APC supporter since Tinubu and pls he's not related to Agbaje

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by caprini1: 7:11am On Apr 08, 2015
soe:
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle.

For those who say Fashola repatriated some Igbos...I ask...What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.
You are a true and real Lagosian.....I have kept a bottle of Moet for you,after the election!...Nothing can mess up our Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 08, 2015
derecho:
What he meant is that Jimi is also Yoruba and that he had told him to wait that Ambode is his choice NOW.Which Kain relative go wan kill him brother friends?

I believe I saw blood relative. That means Jimi is Family.

If I am in Lagos, I will still be gunning for Jimi.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by LasoulMacuby(m): 7:23am On Apr 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

You talked about segregation!
And I think if something or somewhere doesn't benefit an individual or a group the best thing to do is to leave it.
Have you lost your comprehensive cognitives darling?
I tire o. Must an igbos man live in another man's land? Don't they have their own place? Yes! The tribal sentiments shall continue till they leave Lagos and report back to the east.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2015
PAINGAIN:
what's this one saying about our politics fading into oblivion? FYI, igbos never took national politics serious bcus we are not politicians. And we also know that nigeria politics is controlled by d hausas. We also know that the yorubas are hausa's arselickers so they will always support hausa against anyone else. Abeg, igbos channelled their energy into something else. Just a little interest in lagos politics by d igbos and the yorubas are all panicking. Don't worry, the two men running for governorship are still yorubas, wait until igbos decides to produce a lagos governor.

Since you people know you suck at it, don't come to our land and infest us with your degraded tribal and religious sentimental politics!
Rather go back home and do whatever you want!
The problem with you people is that your parents never took the time to take you back home to your roots, to your cursed lands that's why they birth you people here, nuture you people here, and bring you people up with hatred for other tribes and simply making you forget there is no home for you in the east!
Hence you peole have grown the balls to call Lagos a no man's land.
After its all said and done your neighbours will assist us in anhilating you out of our lands!
No host likes a greedy visitor!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by 9jatatafo(m): 7:34am On Apr 08, 2015
Don Jazzy could be right you know
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by kelvyn7: 7:37am On Apr 08, 2015
na wa oooo, instead of don jazzy to condemn the act, he is twisting it!!! whether the oba is working for P or A, such an act shd be totally condemned!!

I hope jazzy wasn't paid too to make such a damage-control statement. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Obynolee(f): 7:47am On Apr 08, 2015
soe:

To some extent i agree with you in your objective analysis but i disagree on the issue of taking advantage,every political party do that because if you remove it there wouldn't be politics.Take APC for instance,they knew that Nigerians are not faring well,they came up with "change",feeding school children twice,paying #5,000 to unemployed youths etc,and it works like magic
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 8:00am On Apr 08, 2015
YoungLilFranco:
...please who are you refering to?

The greedy ungrateful flat headed imbeciles
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by macof(m): 8:07am On Apr 08, 2015
victorels:
I said this earlier.

The Oba said Jimi is his relative.

No he's not. They have no connection at all
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by aprilaries(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2015
madridguy:
Good of You......God bless you with this insightful message.

You are very right!in addition to what you said-i feel JK started this whole stuff:hw would he go to the ibos and promise them(Ezeindigbo) seats with Yoruba council of elders:that they wil b seating wth Yoruba chiefs in d palace:that wont b accrptrd in any eastern states;Jk started this ethnic shit.u dont use ethinic stuff.Apc had always had ibos in their cabinet.Pdp used ibos in some areas in Lagos.Ibos knw well that they will never allow another tribe contest in their states.just cos Pdp r using Ibos to get votes does nt give them d right to do anyhow in someone elses state cos they dem selves wont allow it

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

I tire o. Must an igbos man live in another man's land? Don't they have their own place? Yes! The tribal sentiments shall continue till they leave Lagos and report back to the east.

Awon akobi ijimere jati jati
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by madridguy(m): 8:21am On Apr 08, 2015
I just hope our igbo's brother and sister will look for a means to settle amicably with the Oba.. It is very bad that we are living in a jungle called Nigeria...I wasn't surprised with what JK said, if the out-going presido can come to National TV and capaign against his opposition that he will Islamize the whole Nigeria, Vice President " Sambo " went to North and tell his people that GMB is the only Muslim in APC and they shouldn't vote for a Christain party, an elderly stateman in the east said APC is ewedu party and above all, the mama peace crown it all that GMB will send everybody to Jail...I think we need to have a body that will be doing censor for politician. I hope the Igbos will do the needful before its too late.
God Bless Nigeria

aprilaries:

You are very right!in addition to what you said-i feel JK started this whole stuff:hw would he go to the ibos and promise them(Ezeindigbo) seats with Yoruba council of elders:that they wil b seating wth Yoruba chiefs in d palace:that wont b accrptrd in any eastern states;Jk started this ethnic shit.u dont use ethinic stuff.Apc had always had ibos in their cabinet.Pdp used ibos in some areas in Lagos.Ibos knw well that they will never allow another tribe contest in their states.just cos Pdp r using Ibos to get votes does nt give them d right to do anyhow in someone elses state cos they dem selves wont allow it
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by VoteOutPDPJona: 8:36am On Apr 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

Are your asses glued to Lagos?
If you're so obsessed with coastal areas why not go to Port-harcourt?
If you love cities so much, Abuja is a city too!
Why kill yourself over Lagos?
Your statement makes a mockery of 'one Nigeria'

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 8:46am On Apr 08, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:
Your statement makes a mockery of 'one Nigeria'

Right before I became a Nigerian, I was first a Yoruba man and my allegiance is to the Yoruba nation first.
It is in my duty to protect my fatherland as Igbos protect their states in the east.
If you see nothing wrong in Igbos coming from the east and yelling they want to disrupt the development in Lagos by voting PDP, a party that its main goal has been to bring Lagos to her knees then I take it as a challenge to protect what my forefathers own, what I own, and what my future generations unborn are going to lay claim unto.
Moreover why would any right thinking person or group of people because of their selfish reasons wish Lagos to play opposition again after solid 16 years?
Are people this daft?
A clear message must be sent after this electioneering process.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by meetndee(m): 8:49am On Apr 08, 2015
soe:

embarassed
soe:

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by austinology(m): 8:52am On Apr 08, 2015
what if Don jazzy is working for AMBODE money is bigger than................
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by zimoni(f): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Konmight, when did you become an APC brat?

APC brat ke?

JKidding is causing confusion and Sango Laakaye must strike him dead.

Ase gun.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Mitsurugi(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

Are your asses glued to Lagos?
If you're so obsessed with coastal areas why not go to Port-harcourt?
If you love cities so much, Abuja is a city too!
Why kill yourself over Lagos?

Because Lagosians have sold plenty land to us and will (cannot) not re-purchase at the price we initially bought them. Something like that... grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 9:18am On Apr 08, 2015
Mitsurugi:

Because Lagosians have sold plenty land to us and will (cannot) not re-purchase at the price we initially bought them. Something like that... grin

I'm not in the mood to argue with people like you.
Go fetch the smartest person in your clan to engage me and enlighten me and if you are the smartest its a pity.
I won't belittle myself.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Mitsurugi(m): 9:22am On Apr 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

I'm not in the mood to argue with people like you.
Go fetch the smartest person in your clan to engage me and enlighten me and if you are the smartest its a pity.
I won't belittle myself.

Because the next recourse you have in your arsenal would be infantile insults. Its like you all on Nairaland. A tribal platform instituted by a tribal e-agent in Seun Osewa. Of course why would you engage me and further expose your apparent tribalistic nature. Everywhere on this Nairaland its Ibo this Ibo that. When will your CLAN learn to forgive themselves for selling their land to us and at such exorbitant prices including Omo Onile wahala. It is only Lagosians that will sell land to you and tell you to go back to your village. Rubbish! grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 9:48am On Apr 08, 2015
Mitsurugi:

Because the next recourse you have in your arsenal would be infantile insults. Its like you all on Nairaland. A tribal platform instituted by a tribal e-agent in Seun Osewa. Of course why would you engage me and further expose your apparent tribalistic nature. Everywhere on this Nairaland its Ibo this Ibo that. When will your CLAN learn to forgive themselves for selling their land to us and at such exorbitant prices including Omo Onile wahala. It is only Lagosians that will sell land to you and tell you to go back to your village. Rubbish! grin

Yes I am tribalistic!
Yes nairaland is owned by a Yoruba e-agent.
But my question is
Are you people destined not to create your own platforms?
Why must you infest what belongs to others?
From the inception of time it has been generally advised to desist from something that doesn't benefit an individual or a group of people but its only your people that would rather die over what belongs to others rather than getting theirs!
I don't blame you actually.
One shouldn't expect the slightest exhibit of shame from a tribe that their greed stinks to the skies!

Please don't quote me again if you have the most minute respect for yourself and ur clan.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Ifymma(f): 10:13am On Apr 08, 2015
soe:

You are talking nonsense, please leave JK out of these
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Mitsurugi(m): 10:16am On Apr 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

Yes I am tribalistic!
Yes nairaland is owned by a Yoruba e-agent.
But my question is
Are you people destined not to create your own platforms?
Why must you infest what belongs to others?
From the inception of time it has been generally advised to desist from something that doesn't benefit an individual or a group of people but its only your people that would rather die over what belongs to others rather than getting theirs!
I don't blame you actually.
One shouldn't expect the slightest exhibit of shame from a tribe that their greed stinks to the skies!

Please don't quote me again if you have the most minute respect for yourself and ur clan.

So why don't you advise Seun to call it Yorubaland from hereon you e-goat! I ve quoted you again, go and die! Beat your chest as a tribalist, proclaim it over a thousand hills, bloody idiot. I'm sure there is a prize waiting for you! I ask again since you have used 'infestation' ... why must you sell land to us, inundate us with Omo Onile wahala and then ask us to move away? I work in a Yoruba environment and I see your people drinking so early n the morning, only to hit busstops and markets to harass hardworking ibos who leave their homes as early as 5.30 ibos from their hard earned struggle. And you talk of infestation. Parasites cause infestaton and your people are clearly showing signs of parasitism which is what you and your Oba embodies Mr. Tribal Overlord! Ibos build, we don't extort! We are here to stay, if you dont like Ibo go back to the undeveloped parts of Ikorodu or better still wait for Ibos to come and develop it for you AS USUAL! grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Myself2(m): 10:22am On Apr 08, 2015
barcanista:
I have read this Oba/Igbo squabbles and I feel so irritated that the revered royal stool is being denigrated. What Kabiyesi Akiolu said was inappriopriate and uncalled for but we shouldn't allow that to be a platform to insult the Oba. If not for his age but for the seat he occupies. No catholic will be happy to see the Pope insulted neither will a Bini son smile when Oba of Benin is abused. We should try to refrain ourselves from causing more damage. Open confrontation is not the best way to douse the situation.

Vote Mr Jimi Agbaje(Lagos)
Vote Nyesome Wike(Rivers)
Vote Captain Iheanacho(Imo/APGA)

You forgot to add, vote Dr Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta)
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by MrEverest(m): 10:25am On Apr 08, 2015
Toongexa:
Believe whatever u want but as it stands lagos is lagos. Its d ibo pple that segregate, can a yoruba man become a councilor in anambra or enugu? Pdp n their divisive brand of politicking is getting old jare make dem fin anoda 1.
what are you saying Are the yorubas in enugu or anambra big enough to swing elections in those states?? There are igbo, yoruba and hausa counselors in abuja simply because in those areas where they dominate, they are able to determine the outcome of elections because of their comparative advantage and remember that this is democracy, not monarchy or autocracy. We should not allow sentiment to becloud our sense of reasoning.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Mitsurugi(m): 10:32am On Apr 08, 2015
MrEverest:
what are you saying Are the yorubas in enugu or anambra big enough to swing elections in those states?? There are igbo, yoruba and hausa counselors in abuja simply because in those areas where they dominate, they are able to determine the outcome of elections because of their comparative advantage and remember that this is democracy, not monarchy or autocracy. We should not allow sentiment to becloud our sense of reasoning.

Precisely. My landlord who is a Yoruba man has relocated to Enugu and from what he told me, he has no intention of coming back to Lagos and even his children have voiced out that much. Its that much that he has refused to come back and move his remaining things since last year asking me to take what I want, sell the rest and remit money to him. If he was being harassed, I doubt if that would be the case. He is my landlord in the South West, but a tenant in the South East, Nigerians should shun tribalism and embrace one another. Tribalists I have noticed are simply inferiority-complex individuals who are possessed in the most evil of manners! Such an attitude will only erode development! grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by jaysniggs: 10:55am On Apr 08, 2015
Mitsurugi:

So why don't you advise Seun to call it Yorubaland from hereon you e-goat! I ve quoted you again, go and die! Beat your chest as a tribalist, proclaim it over a thousand hills, bloody idiot. I'm sure there is a prize waiting for you! I ask again since you have used 'infestation' ... why must you sell land to us, inundate us with Omo Onile wahala and then ask us to move away? I work in a Yoruba environment and I see your people drinking so early n the morning, only to hit busstops and markets to harass hardworking ibos who leave their homes as early as 5.30 ibos from their hard earned struggle. And you talk of infestation. Parasites cause infestaton and your people are clearly showing signs of parasitism which is what you and your Oba embodies Mr. Tribal Overlord! Ibos build, we don't extort! We are here to stay, if you dont like Ibo go back to the undeveloped parts of Ikorodu or better still wait for Ibos to come and develop it for you AS USUAL! grin

cheesy is that why you want to cry?

You have no shame as I've predicted.
I still have one question, why can't you develop your own states?
You're playing with the lives of your people you slowpoke!
Why are you so daft?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Shot In The Buttocks By SARS In Rivers State. Photos / APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In / Justice Flora Ngozi Azinge: A SAN Is Trying To Bribe Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.