Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy (52382 Views)

My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan / Breaking News: Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Mobilize For Agbaje. / Igbo Lagos Residents And Traders Moblise For Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by NetworkProblem: 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
donjazzy.... smh... pls what if you and dbanj are only pretending whearas you guyz are only acting up a script for fans to beleive otherwise..?.. pls donjazzzy stop trying to downplay this issue by standing by your party apc.. abeg abeg if you have nithing to say then shut da fff up..
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by nduchucks: 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
anonimi:

Or Doro Dullard eyi ti nje aka Agunmaniye grin

Lakuli!!! shocked

So dis man na oil lover?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Vinsaint(m): 11:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
I have read this Oba/Igbo squabbles and I feel so irritated that the revered royal stool is being denigrated. What Kabiyesi Akiolu said was inappriopriate and uncalled for but we shouldn't allow that to be a platform to insult the Oba. If not for his age but for the seat he occupies. No catholic will be happy to see the Pope insulted neither will a Bini son smile when Oba of Benin is abused. We should try to refrain ourselves from causing more damage. Open confrontation is not the best way to douse the situation.

Vote Mr Jimi Agbaje(Lagos)
Vote Nyesome Wike(Rivers)
Vote Captain Iheanacho(Imo/APGA)

Wise talk but u can not confront him secretly otherwise he will not notice he done wrong. I use to think dat the Obas, Igwes, Emirs are very wise people dat examine their taughts b4 voicing them out as words. But in this case not. They are always abusing the powers that are bestowed to them by the people they rule. Is a shame!

He made his unwise utterances publicly,
forgeting dat Nigerians have embrace democracy and rule of law.
And in democracy dat u dont force or threaten ppl to do ur will.
To me, he failed his community, his local government, state government and nigeria
as a whole. He did not learn from the hate SPEECHES made by PEJ. Which was one of the major
down fall GEJ.

I guess He has caused Ambode a lot of harm.

Let Nigerian choose who they feel will do the Job and not to be forced
or threaten to vote for anyone that will bring Nigeria backwards.

ENOF IS ENOF FOR ALL THIS PPL DAT HAS PERSONAL INTEREST IN THE GOVERNMENT.

SHAME ON THEM!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by sunnydelite(m): 11:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
soe:

was it only Igbos that were deported? What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Stop seeing things from a tribal point of view bro
where the deported Igbos madmen or beggers

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Horrlah(f): 11:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweettease:
Tah.... Don jazzy just stop it, why are you trying to change it? angry
Cnt u see he jst myt be ryt??this is politics ooo
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by oikechukwu: 11:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Don jazzy is only saying this because APC paid him to do so. For him, this is business as usual. Don jazzy unfortunately whether PDP or not is why the OBA decided to turn to an Agbero. We really don't care. What we want to see is how he'll drown igbo in lagoon if they don't vote who he wants.

This is between igbo and that useless oba. Not jimi, ambode or whoever. This between us and that their useless king. Let's see if his gods is as strong as he think it is.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by dannybee(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
what if apc bribed don jazzy to twist the whole thing

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by ABbless(m): 12:34am On Apr 08, 2015
soe:
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didnt have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.
Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.
Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best. Feel free to vote Ambode or JK ... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle.

For those who say Fashola repatriated some Igbos...I ask...What abt the mad men repatriated to ibadan? And the beggars sent back to the north. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.

pat utomi,akabueze,joe igbokwe and a host of others, namely
please let's not deceive ourselves. I've been around for too long to know that these have been a long time issue in Lagos. the ethnicity and tribal discrimination problem. I was born,bread,buttered,mayonnaised and whatever else u add to bread in lagos.I grew up on the streets of Lagos and hustled with Yoruba friends in Lagos too.it is not just as bad as it is in the north but there is no denying the fact that it exists. Igbokwe is nothing but a macinery that the APC as a party use to carry out their dirty practices and am telling you cause I know.He stays a street away from mine and am giving you that info first hand for free. I don't count him as someone the Igbo would or should be proud about. so coming here to tell us Lagos has been one united people hustling each one for her daily bread in peace and without any brawl or badmouthing until jimi agbaje's campaign is so not true. Need I ask you, the issues raised in that little flier u have up there are they true or made up by the PDP. of course campaigning would mean bringing every thing you consider anti people or antidemocratic in your opponents dealings in time past to score a cheap point but it doesn't mean it is never true what the opposition party have raised. lagosians are dying to know,who would take these urchins called agberos who harass the common man,off our streets?, who would rescue lagos off this evil and seemingly tight grip of Alpha Beta magnate that has exploited us for the past 16 years. who would value the common lagosian for the Nigerian that we truly are and not only for our vote while they would bundle us and dump us in our various states after they emerge victorious at the pole with our votes eventually.these are questions we are begging to be answered not more and more hate statements by some old man who rants ugly cause he feels the hands that put food on their table at the expense of the common lagosian is threatened and you hear his benefactors come here to defend and twist what we heard and have seen with our own eyes evidently telling us the oba who has wined and dined with APC chieftains over the years could have been indirectly canvassing for Jimi?! what do you people take us for?? fools?? chain,we son suffer.smh.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by JDhotral4: 12:45am On Apr 08, 2015
“We voted out impunity. Is this what we should be
expecting, a power drunk Oba? What role is he
playing? Trying to burn down Lagos and get the
Yorubas in the East killed? He needs to be
suspended immediately.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by MrLyzzo(m): 12:46am On Apr 08, 2015
What type of TRIBALISM IS THIS
You defend your territory they call you a tribalist.

You support them for elective posts in your territory you are still a tribalist.

They call your land a No man's land Yet we are still the tribalist.

They abused our elders we are still the tribalist.

You lease them your house and they will tell you to sale the whole building for them, we are still a tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by lolababe331e: 12:47am On Apr 08, 2015
It don do

Igbo market leaders meet with Ambode on Tuesday and assure him of their support

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by hensben(m): 12:53am On Apr 08, 2015
sweettease:
Tah.... Don jazzy just stop it, why are you trying to change it? angry
He is just been reasonable unlike you..as if war start now u go fit stand or kill.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by hensben(m): 12:57am On Apr 08, 2015
sweettease:

Nahhh, I was born in Lagos and I had my primary and secondary education in Lagos and I'm currently working in Lagos. In Lagos, we have Yoruba and other tribes, and I have experienced segregation, it's nothing personal, just stating experiences I've witnessed.

Please, nobody should quote me about being unfair, I made this to drive a point, that Jk isn't the cause of segregation in Lagos as opposed to what the post I quoted suggested.

I can tell you among all tribes in nigeria I can tell you Yorubas are the most accommodating ...I'm from SS but it's the fact.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by peegirl(f): 12:59am On Apr 08, 2015
sweettease:

One Lagos? Please... There is segregation in Lagos, there has always been. Where have you been?

Please, nobody should quote me about being unfair, I made this to drive a point, that Jk isn't the cause of segregation in Lagos as opposed to what the post I quoted suggested.
I
E don you no go gree. Play victim and loose out as always. You Igbos are always d pawns in their games. Wake up!!!!!!!!!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Chris95(m): 1:11am On Apr 08, 2015
Who is donjazzy tryin 2 play mind games with?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Ojiofor: 1:22am On Apr 08, 2015
What ever the case maybe.,yorubas should respect people's right to vote whoever that appeals to them without any kind of intimidation and blackmail after all that's the beauty of democracy.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by sunsewa: 1:37am On Apr 08, 2015
it's lie ,na akpitishi,kparaga,monkey tail wey im shark na im cos am,im come yarn opata.na joke oh,abeg make we end dis insults to d oba,leave nature to judge.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by askari01: 3:23am On Apr 08, 2015
I tot as much don jazzy....OBA AKINOLU ACTUALLY MADE THAT STATEMENT TO PROVOKE THE IGBOZ SO AS TO CHANGE THEIR MIND IN VOTING FOR AMMBODE.... BUT I BELIEVE THE SMART IGBOS WONT FALL FOR THE PRANKS
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by rukeh(f): 4:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Everyone knows the Oba is not working for JK
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by collinz: 5:30am On Apr 08, 2015
The MOST INTELLIGENT write up I've read since this wahala started......
Onyebuchi Ememanka writes ~

What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance.

As a people that thrive on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of commerce and business.

A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive to their duties.
Education is free in Lagos and our children enjoy this.

No Igbo child has been sent away from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in Lagos....our children enjoy this too.

What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people, just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not(LAGOS IS YORUBALAND)!

All of a sudden, Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.

What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here.

Yorubas are highly politically sophisticated people and they understand that it is better for them to have a government in Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people own here...
this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal government can do.

In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than the pope.

Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.

Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.

Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge population and presence there" . . .

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Mpiato419: 5:32am On Apr 08, 2015
barcanista:
I have read this Oba/Igbo squabbles and I feel so irritated that the revered royal stool is being denigrated. What Kabiyesi Akiolu said was inappriopriate and uncalled for but we shouldn't allow that to be a platform to insult the Oba. If not for his age but for the seat he occupies. No catholic will be happy to see the Pope insulted neither will a Bini son smile when Oba of Benin is abused. We should try to refrain ourselves from causing more damage. Open confrontation is not the best way to douse the situation.

Vote Mr Jimi Agbaje(Lagos)
Vote Nyesome Wike(Rivers)
Vote Captain Iheanacho(Imo/APGA)
How dare u compare an oba with a Pope... are u high

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by YoungLilFranco(m): 5:43am On Apr 08, 2015
aderonila18:
It seems many Igbos have seen through whatever it was. These are pictures of Ambode with Igbo traders and leaders today
......who made them IGBO leaders
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by YoungLilFranco(m): 5:51am On Apr 08, 2015
jaysniggs:

They don't seem to understand they are fading into oblivion in the world of politics.
Even the SS has produced a president.
To them its all about hatred for other tribes and how superior they are with their pride and arrogance.
While reality which they have lost the slightest contact with, proves the opposite!
...please who are you refering to?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by shdemidemi(m): 6:09am On Apr 08, 2015
Mpiato419:
How dare u compare an oba with a Pope... are u high
Ain't they both leaders in their own right? Is the pope a god?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by Coolbite(m): 6:10am On Apr 08, 2015
Do Nigerians still remember that the Oba of Benin once expressed his preference for Oshiomole when the later was seeking a second term in office? The Monarch was only angry at the obvious desire of the Igbos to undermine the decision of the Oracle. Agreed, he ought to have been more discreet and circumspect. But, notwitstanding the hullabalo occassioned by his threat-lace statement. Ambode will still emerge governor. The Oracle has made his pick, and nothing can assail. ;DDo Nigerians still remember that the Oba of Benin once expressed his preference for Oshiomole when the later was seeking a second term in office? The Monarch was only angry at the obvious desire of the Igbos to undermine the decision of the Oracle. Agreed, he ought to have been more discreet and circumspect. But, notwitstanding the hullabalo occassioned by his threat-lace statement. Ambode will still emerge governor. The Oracle has made his pick, and nothing can assail.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by shdemidemi(m): 6:11am On Apr 08, 2015
YoungLilFranco:
...please who are you refering to?

Who the cap fits, let 'em wear it..
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by sweettease(f): 6:16am On Apr 08, 2015
peegirl:

I
E don you no go gree. Play victim and loose out as always. You Igbos are always d pawns in their games. Wake up!!!!!!!!!
Who said I'm Igbo? undecided
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by chinae(m): 6:16am On Apr 08, 2015
The.fact remains that No amount of words used to twist previous declaration to kara or conscientize the igbos will hold water. That TOAD (oba) had shown clear, proven die-hard mem of APC for donkey years, the damages are hanging somewhere at the ceiling.
Telling us that he.might be working with JK is a political statement to have an already consumed cake; just take water to push it down cos trying to throw up mak tins messy.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy by chinae(m): 6:32am On Apr 08, 2015
MrLyzzo:
What type of TRIBALISM IS THIS

They abused our elders we are still the tribalist.

You lease them your house and they will tell you to sale the whole building for them, we are still a tribalist.

The elder needs redirection

It wil.interest you to knw that you sold the land to us and we build nd lease to you.
Yet its difficult for u to pay rents cos u used all ur cash for jedi***

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fulanis Pray: "Buhari's Haters Will Sleep Like This Till He Wins In 2019" (Pics) / 245 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2802. 417 discharged. 93 deaths / IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.