Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,859 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women (23893 Views)

Black Woman, Her White Husband & Their Child (Photos Go Viral) / Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook / Light Skin Black Women Discriminating Against Dark Skinned Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

Some pple still believe wiz nd yeezy fell for her because of her colour...
colour sha...those ones are just trying to fit that into their narrative. Both men have been with darker skinned women, it's really ignorant to imply that. What's her colour sef, no be black?
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by bukatyne(f): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Timbuktou:
Kendrick loves black, either light or dark. And he's chosen loyalty over all else and I respect that.
However, even if he left the black community and ventured into mulatto, yellow or white, I wouldn't have been the least bit bothered. Because, one can love something and find that the thing isn't a pragmatic element to their existence. It's that simple to me.

Oh well, because it is not our struggle, we really cannot understand them.

Ken can find a bride anywhere; the most important is a woman compatible for him and ready to build a home with him.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
cococandy:
shocked smh.

Black people are in for it. And funny thing is we help others pull us down the more.

Exactly. It' such a shame that we are stuck with the worst men alive. Instead of them to fight the society/melanin lacking species, they focus their anger on their women.

We are not the reason the black race is failing. Tell me what other race talks sh1t about their women the way black men do??

4 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

(1) I'd do that later..
(2) ofcourse, there are white preferences and light skin preferences... what I don't get is how it relates to self hate as you opined..

(2) Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Not preferences, but privileges based on skin color!
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
bukatyne:

Oh well, because it is not our struggle, we really cannot understand them.

Ken can find a bride anywhere; the most important is a woman compatible for him and ready to build a home with him.

Amen to that.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by coogar: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

You guys say black women are obese and you are still complaining about the slim ones. Kontinu. cheesy

too much of everything is bad
she can't be anorexic and she cannot be morbidly obese. grin
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

like any black woman would say the truth concerning her self esteem. their stubbornness would not permit it. "i shall not gree" mentality is inborn in them. even a woman with no romantic partner sends valentine gifts to herself to deceive the world that her market is hot. grin

halle berry disagrees grin

they sometimes refuse bald men asking them out.

she should have persevered a bit more grin

MINT!

Lol, she should have persevered more, while she starves of hunger abi?

TV01:

As an aside "self-esteem" is at best suspect as a notion. And the fixation with women having it will change nothing. Character is waht counts. Likewise being able to tough out situations or go head-to-head does not compensate for real character, ability and hardwork.
And the HP is one of the liberal rags that's leading Sisters on a merry dance.
Just saying.
TV

Of course character is what counts, but at the same time let us not ignore the colorism issue plaguing black men. grin Stop deceiving the sisters, and this entitlement of 'our black men' will stop. grin Huffington post did not conduct the study. A white affiliated company conducted the study.

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

(3) Shollypopz point is also largely redundant as whatever the distinction, feminism is a key driver in the black community - directly and indirectly - whether it's consciously subscribed to or not.

What about my point is redundant?? Feminism is a new and growing driver but colorism has been existing since the beginning of the black community.

Feminism has nothing to do with why she attacked Lamar! Read well before you interject your pot belly into other people's conversation.

3 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

1. Exactly. It' such a shame that we are stuck with the worst men alive. Instead of them to fight the society/melanin lacking species, they focus their anger on their women.

2. We are not the reason the black race is failing. Tell me what other race talks sh1t about their women the way black men do??

1. Black men have been done in by their black mothers. Whether you want to accept it or not, the man is integral in raising the boy, but your womanism/feminism has created an alienating environment to the men in your lives and communities.

2. So, the black race is failing because of black men?

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

(2) Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Not preferences, but privileges based on skin color!

grin grin grin
Walai, am seriously trying to catch ur drift, I replaced preferences with privilege for strategic reasons... Owk, lemme put back privilege, it'd be white privilege and not light skin... Oya explain
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

too much of everything is bad
she can't be anorexic and she cannot be morbidly obese. grin

Yeah she has to be curvaceous and LIGHT! cheesy You guys can even excuse obesity as long as she's light to. grin Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

See Dbanj bring his foreign iyawo home and dark skinned girls serving her. What race on earth other than the black man does this and still want to pretend there's no colorism issue? cheesy
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S4snQpZMvE[/img]

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

grin grin grin
Walai, am seriously trying to catch ur drift, I replaced preferences with privilege for strategic reasons... Owk, lemme put back privilege, it'd be white privilege and not light skin... Oya explain

Finally!! Maybe I can get somewhere with you. You agree that there is a white privilege but it is the light-skinned privilege that confuses you, right??

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by bukatyne(f): 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

Am telling you, just look at Kelly Rowland, amber rose, beyonce and MEAGAN GOOD cool cool cool... it's never really being about the complexion, it's about the baggage...
Black men love thick women... I don't find miley cyrus, Angelina Jolie or those othher skinny white chicks attractive one bit...
I won't mind some kardarsion though...
The only black endowed women I don't admire are the Whoopi goldbergs of this world and you know why grin grin

Do you consider Beyoncé or Amber Rose black women in the real sense of it?

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Exactly. It' such a shame that we are stuck with the worst men alive. Instead of them to fight the society/melanin lacking species, they focus their anger on their women.

We are not the reason the black race is failing. Tell me what other race talks sh1t about their women the way black men do??
@ bold. None. embarassed
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
bukatyne:

Is there any other way to consider them?
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Lolzz, you want us to join in ur fight against the white skin... you don't want us to toast white hot women again... nope, the black man must exercise his power of choice.. if ur hot, ur hot, it don't matter if ur black or white..

What re you saying? What other race talks sh1t about their men the way black women do. It's a 2 way street
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Feminism is to blame for my di.ck rising to light skinned females. Hahahaha. grin grin grin grin Instead of you to say you are responding to the calls of nature. grin

4 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Finally!! Maybe I can get somewhere with you. You agree that there is a white privilege but it is the light-skinned privilege that confuses you, right??

Just make ur point and leave me to decide whether I agree or not.. Walai if I see ur point, I'd acknowledge it...
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by bukatyne(f): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
damiso:

Hi TV how's lil princess doing? Am sure she is growing so much as the weeks ago by.

I wonder how you would have pulled off the looks engineering grin

It does not matter to me though I think they are both beautifully and wonderfully made(like all mums think of their children grin monkey no fine but Im mama like am). I just think its highly insensitive to say things like ' gosh your son is so cute much Finer than his sister' or ' they should have swapped it the other way round as boy and girl' angry sometimes when my daughter is within hearing. We are doing all we can to build character first and everything else would follow. I never ever felt less 'finer' than lighter skinned people while growing up and bleaching or 'toning' never crossed my mind. My parents my dad especially helped with that.

Funny enough life is funny because I never thought I would be married to a lighter skinned dude grin the default setting used to be 'tall dark and handsome' cheesy

On the average,

Fairer kids are cuter (not white though)
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

Lolzz, you want us to join in ur fight against the white skin... you don't want us to toast white hot women again... nope, the black man must exercise his power of choice.. if ur hot, ur hot, it don't matter if ur black or white..

What re you saying? What other race talks sh1t about their men the way black women do. It's a 2 way street

Again, you are denying the existence of colorism.

I agree, in most cases, it's a "2 way street" but on Nairaland, it's a one way street. Black rabid spider monkeys jumping on every thread to attack black women.

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by coogar: 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

Yeah she has to be curvaceous and LIGHT! cheesy You guys can even excuse obesity as long as she's light to. grin Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

some black men actually like thick women. however, i think majority are starting to see the underlying health issues beneath those thick flabs.

See Dbanj bring his foreign iyawo home and dark skinned girls serving her. What race on earth other than the black man does this and still want to pretend there's no colorism issue? cheesy
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S4snQpZMvE[/img]

he's just showing off, abeg!
this does not mean dbanj would naturally prefer a white chic to a black chic. flexing with a white chic is own way of saying his brand is now international & not mgbeke nollywood chics. cheesy
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

Nooo o, I just want you to admit there is a preference for light skinned in our society. Black women like Strober need to know this fact. Stop pretending. cheesy
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
bukatyne:

What do youu mean by "the real sense of it"
I consider them black women in totality
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
And they are mgbeke because they are black Nigerian.?

How many of those ladies (video vixens for that matter undecided) are more educated or even better than the nollywood babes? They don't even know squat.
Just that they are lighter skinned tongue

It is a color thing coogar.
Accept it and have peace.

At least girls make no pretenses about preferring taller men. if only you people would be that open about your preference too.

coogar:

some black men actually like thick women. however, i think majority are starting to see the underlying health issues beneath those thick flabs.

this does not mean dbanj would naturally prefer a white chic to a black chic. flexing with a white chic is own way of saying his brand is now international & not mgbeke nollywood chics. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

Just make ur point and leave me to decide whether I agree or not.. Walai if I see ur point, I'd acknowledge it...

I am not fighting with you, I was just trying to understand which of the two you do not agree with because if you do not agree that there is a white privilege (in general and in all spheres of the society), it's pointless trying to convince you that there is a light skin privilege.

Where do you live?

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:
There is something called, connecting the dots and I'm not about to teach a grown "man", how to do that. Did you see the picture I posted on the first page, these are things that men in Lamar's position have said about dark-skinned women. Recently, there was a trend on twitter-"#blackcelebsbelike" showing ridiculous comments Black celebs have made on race issues. The issue is that the melanin lacking community look at the opinions of these people to represent how all black people feel. So, I can't blame them if they would like their celebs to represent them better.
For some reason the pic didn't show and doesn't allow me to open it? Anyway...
Firstly - all communities have melanin - just in varing degrees - or do I need to teach a grown "woman" that grin!
Again, if anyone decides to calibrate their beliefs on "celeb utterances/lifestyles", that's their business. And to think that as a result, their choices must validate your perceptions is sheer lunacy.

Shollypopzz:
(2.)That is exactly what makes him a fake. You must not be a fan of rap, because rap music is about the artist's lifestyle. People are going to make fun of Drake if he comes out tomorrow talking about selling cocaine and living in the hood, because that would make him a fake. Rappers rap about their lives.
I woulldn't call myself a fan - and mostly because I'm not really musical in a critical sense - but rap has gone mainstream and moved beyond that. Ghetto is no tthe only authentic rap voice - and even if it was, only the more reason to question Rashidas beef with it.

Shollypopzz:
Comparing race issues to gym habit is insulting, to say the least. You are probably one of those Africans that ignore the effects of racism in the black community or you just suck at making analogies.
First, you have to believe that at it's heart it's a race issue - this woman is black as you yourself pointed out undecided!
Secondly, it's a clear analogy of lifestyle and choices - in the absence of any moral prescriptives - not necessarily being tied. Why must Lamaar marry a dark skinned woman just because they have appeared in his iconography? Would he have to go gay if he'd used homosexuals tongue!

And no, I acknowledge the effects of racism. I am also unemotional about the self-inflicted pathologies that the black communities suffer from. Afterall - and I know colonialsim had a role - are there not free black nations that self-govern? Do they not have problems?

I acknowledge - I don't wallow. Which is what Rashida is doing on an individual level and forming activist to soothe her angst.

If Jesus as depicted is white/Jewish, must I as a professing Christian marry a white/Jewish woman? Okay, maybe I am crap at analogies grin!

Shollypopzz:
I don't support the attack but I understand the frustration. These rappers measure their accomplishment by how many white chics they can sleep with.
That is just bollox. After a while they have scored with so many it simply won't be a thing. Any fascination will soon dissapear when they rack up the numbers. How may black rappers that actually care to marry actually marry white women?

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

A white man will show off using his white woman, an Indian an indian woman etc, but a black man's symbol of 'I have arrived or I am now international' is everyone else but not the black woman. You have proved my point. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin End of discussion. cool

5 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

A white man will show off using his white woman, an Indian an indian woman etc, but a black man's symbol of 'I have arrived or I am now international' is everyone else but not the black woman. You have proved my point. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin End of discussion.
cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tenk you.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:
Feminism has nothing to do with why she attacked Lamar! Read well before you interject your pot belly into other people's conversation.
It's a feminist driven sense of entitlement and it also inspires the use of "shaming" to force people to act according to it's odeological dictates.

...you want to see my 6 pack abi? But obviously as a Blackfemactivist you can't just come out and say it grin It has been known to turn white women off white men cool!

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by bukatyne(f): 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
Timbuktou:
Is there any other way to consider them?

Really

I do not see black (complexion wise or feature wise) when I see them.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
@Coogar,

When it is time to shake yansh and show your women in the most degrading positions, the black man will exhibit the black woman in his videos.

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCnwqkUP-j4[/img]

When it is about love and respect, guess who he picks... buhahaha

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJMsA59o7Ws[/img]

And you men are still denying, there is no color issue hahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by bukatyne(f): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

A white man will show off using his white woman, an Indian an indian woman etc, but a black man's symbol of 'I have arrived or I am now international' is everyone else but not the black woman. You have proved my point. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin End of discussion. cool

Lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language. / Who Are The Real Middle Class In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.