Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women (23891 Views)

Black Woman, Her White Husband & Their Child (Photos Go Viral) / Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook / Light Skin Black Women Discriminating Against Dark Skinned Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

(1.) At its core, womanism rejects feminism because it is set up in a way as to promote the issues of white women over the issues of Black women. Hudson-Weems argues that feminism will never be okay for black women due to the implications of slavery and prejudice. She further asserts that the relationship between a Black man and a Black woman is significantly different from the relationship between a White man and a White woman, because the white woman battles the white man for subjugating her, but the black women battles all oppressive forces that subjugate her, her children, and the black man. She further asserts that racism forced African-American men and African-American women to assume unconventional gender roles. In this context, the desire of mainstream feminism to dismantle traditional gender roles becomes inapplicable to the black experience. Womanism is an ideology designed specifically with women of African descent in mind. It is grounded in African culture and focuses on the unique struggles, needs, and desires of African women. Based on this reasoning, Africana Womanism posits race and class based oppression as far more significant than gender-based oppression.

Womanism is not a subset of feminism just the same way MRM (Men's Right Movement) is not a subset of feminism!

(2.)OMG! Please tell me that you're not arguing with me that there is no white privilege or light skin privilege? Please tell me you're not that fvcking blind/ignorant?

(1) the underlying ideology is the same....anyway, dat argument would take years nd neither of us would accede.. do some more research though...
(2) now wat are you talking about... when did I say there was no white privilede...
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:
Lupita no fine sha.... I don't care how una see am tongue
She'd be fine - to me if she were full with it. Many non-black men will not see beyond her complexion regardless. She's a PC meme. Unless she shows outstanding talent as a mummer she'll be gone soon. Real favourites - like Jennifer Lawrence - are given their own vehicles/franchises.

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

No Stilly, not a yardstick - just one measure wink And it does not necessarily dictate overall preference for many men - even amongst those that may have it as one indicator.

A darker skinned women who presents well will not be unduly hindered by her skin tone - if Rashida was woo'ed by a white man - I know, fat chance (and again grin) - would she be duty /ideologically bound to reject him?

We don't abuse "our women" - we correct them in love cool

Omg if that is love, I do not want to see what hate would look like. grin
I do understand that finding a mate is not exclusive to one factor. The thing is find your mate, and leave black women out of why you chose to be with that mate. grin But black males would not hear word and would not rest until they insult black women and say I chose my foreign wife because black women are ugly etc. You cannot choose your wife because you love her or what?

1 Like

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Black women with black attitudes...

You see?? Your mind has been programmed to see everything black as bad. You should watch the brown paper bag or doll experiment for kids.

Thanks for proving my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lcGi365-bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQACkg5i4AY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOHbtM9463c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i20d11fGz-0

3 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by coogar: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ol boy, the mounds and lumps hold greater value for me.

hmmm, the apex predator himself.
okonrin meta. cheesy

The person who mentioned Victor Olaiya forgot to mention Fela's "Yellow Fever".

And like you said, it's a preference thing. This androphobic skank should go home already.

death! grin

damiso:
That said one can't choose who another person will have a preference for. That's why it's called choice.

so you disagree with the androphobic skank like timbuktou puts

Stillfire:

If there were means to increase in height, men would. Men do everything within their power to increase pe.nis size to make themselves more attractive to their mates.

so why are men not attaching long hair to look like Jesus or brad pitt. if black women get the urge to wear hair that look like celine dion's, by the same token, black men should also get this urge.......but we don't.

Is it not you nigerian men I saw in one video changing the color of their lips to pink because Nigerian women like pink lips. Buhahaha. The thing about Victor Olaiya is that it would not have been ignored in the AA community instead Nigerian women shook their big butts to it and bleached. grin grin grin

you cannot compare this minority to skin bleaching & artificial hair business. the sad truth is - black women have serious confidence issues that stemmed from identity crisis.

a black man is a black man anywhere on the planet. he rocks his skin fade haircut & he is proud of his charcoal skin. that is the way he sees himself & the whole world has come to respect his natural features and accepted him.

if the black woman had kept faith with their natural features by rocking their afro or gorimapa & leaving their natural skin as it was, they would be getting their worldwide acceptance by now but they broke ranks along the line.

there was a time dogs had more acceptance than black men in several western countries but now, various researches show black men sit atop the totem pole of the most desirable men in the world. they kept faith with their brands & made the rest of the world accept them for what they are.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by tpiadotcom: 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

Any girl that looks like me go suffer

smh.

Hopefully you are only pretending to have a daughter.

You teach your kids to measure their self worth by the number of men who want to sleep with them?

no matter how light skinned grin

read the above.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by tpiadotcom: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

if your sister is that fair then i don't need to make any further guesses. you couldn't have been born with a lupita skin with a sister like yours.

your attack is not on lupita but on kenya.

stop faking.

na una know where una dey compete.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

(1) the underlying ideology is the same....anyway, dat argument would take years nd neither of us would accede.. do some more research though...
(2) now wat are you talking about... when did I say there was no white privilede...

I should do some research?? Bwahahahahaahahaha!! grin grin grin You are funny!
I asked you to read about Dominican Republic, their denial of their black ancestors and how they identify themselves racially? Compare their relationship to Haiti where majority are dark-skinned.

2.) I asked because if you believe there is a white privilege and a light-skin privilege, then what are you arguing about?? Everything else falls in place. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

(3) Shollypopz point is also largely redundant as whatever the distinction, feminism is a key driver in the black community - directly and indirectly - whether it's consciously subscribed to or not.

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

She'd be fine - to me if she were full with it. Many non-black men will not see beyond her complexion regardless. She's a PC meme. Unless she shows outstanding talent as a mummer she'll be gone soon. Real favourites - like Jennifer Lawrence - are given their own vehicles/franchises.

TV

Am telling you, just look at Kelly Rowland, amber rose, beyonce and MEAGAN GOOD cool cool cool... it's never really being about the complexion, it's about the baggage...
Black men love thick women... I don't find miley cyrus, Angelina Jolie or those othher skinny white chicks attractive one bit...
I won't mind some kardarsion though...
The only black endowed women I don't admire are the Whoopi goldbergs of this world and you know why grin grin
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by coogar: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
tpiadotcom:

your attack is not on lupita but on kenya.
stop faking.

shattap!
there are fair-skinned kenyans.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

You see?? Your mind has been programmed to see everything black as bad. You should watch the brown paper bag or doll experiment for kids.

A black attitude is bad on anyone noni nah
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

okunrin meta. cheesy

Hehehe. my brother, dry boned chicks do nothing for me. They repulse me. I guess it's the Africanness in me.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by crackhaus: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:
Lupita no fine sha.... I don't care how una see am tongue
Bro Lupita looks facially okay to me.

The only reason I don't find her attractive is not her very dark skin, but her lack of a fat ar.se and b00bs to go with it.

Can't be attracted to thin/skinny women that would cause abrasive friction on me as a result of grinding on bones, hell to tha' no!

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

Omg if that is love, I do not want to see what hate would look like. grin
I do understand that finding a mate is not exclusive to one factor. The thing is find your mate, and leave black women out of why you chose to be with that mate. grin But black males would not hear word and would not rest until they insult black women and say I chose my foreign wife because black women are ugly etc. You cannot choose your wife because you love her or what?
Tough love - the true kind cheesy

There will always be a section of haters. Disgruntled white men use the term "mudsharking" to refer to black male/white female relationships. They always insists that it's the fat, ugly or in someway lesser white females that go with black men. I laugh, as in my own experience that is simply not true.

Just as there are those who denigrate those who do it, there will be some who cross race lines or have such preferences who will seek to "justify" why they do. It's these two minority groups who are mainly suspect as far as I'm concerned. Flip sides of the same coin - for those who are at ease with themselves and their choices, there is no need to denigrate or justify.

Anyone who makes the best fist of it will at least increase their choices. Choice is freedom.

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

Am telling you, just look at Kelly Rowland, amber rose
This comment ended for me here.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by coogar: 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
Timbuktou:

Hehehe. my brother, dry boned chicks do nothing for me. They repulse me. I guess it's the Africanness in me.

life is all about choices.....
the flexibility of a svelte chic wows me more than the thicksos. grin
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

Short men must surely overcome - read from paragraph 2 grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1490399/think-need-some-genuine-please#19067631

TV
gosh I felt sorry for short men on that thread. Almost as if the thing is a deformity.

people are so insensitive embarassed
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:
there was a time dogs had more acceptance than black men in several western countries but now, various researches show black men sit atop the totem pole of the most desirable men in the world. they kept faith with their brands & made the rest of the world accept them for what they are.
It shall no more be known as the "Skoda effect", henceforth, it shall be called the "Ballsy Brothers mandate" grin

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

okonrin meta. cheesy

death! grin

so you disagree with the androphobic skank like timbuktou puts

so why are men not attaching long hair to look like Jesus or brad pitt. if black women get the urge to wear hair that look like celine dion's, by the same token, black men should also get this urge.......but we don't.

you cannot compare this minority to skin bleaching & artificial hair business. the sad truth is - black women have serious confidence issues that stemmed from identity crisis.

a black man is a black man anywhere on the planet. he rocks his skin fade haircut & he is proud of his charcoal skin. that is the way he sees himself & the whole world has come to respect his natural features and accepted him.

if the black woman had kept faith with their natural features by rocking their afro or gorimapa & leaning their natural skin as it was, they would be getting their worldwide acceptance by now but they broke ranks along the line.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/african-american-women-ha_n_1083182.html
A study was done on self esteem among women, BLACK WOMEN WERE RATED HIGH despite all the issues and insults of being heavier. cheesy We cannot be intimidated. grin
The criteria for black men attractiveness is not long hair. The criteria for black women and all women in general is long hair. No woman would refuse to date a guy because of hair.
Rocking an afro and braided hairstyles will not get you a job in corporate America. You think Chimamanda adichie was stupid for writing americannah and talking about hair? We did not break ranks, woman must survive, so she adapted to the system because she has to feed herself.

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I should do some research?? Bwahahahahaahahaha!! grin grin grin You are funny!
I asked you to read about Dominican Republic, their denial of their black ancestors and how they identify themselves racially? Compare their relationship to Haiti where majority are dark-skinned.

2.) I asked because if you believe there is a white privilege and a light-skin privilege, then what are you arguing about?? Everything else falls in place. undecided

(1) I'd do that later..
(2) ofcourse, there are white preferences and light skin preferences... what I don't get is how it relates to self hate as you opined..
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by damiso(f): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

...how far Dami?

One of the minor reasons I kinda wanted a second son was because my boy is so cute, I didn't think we'd be so blessed again and I figured a not so handsome man can always compensate in other ways.

We also "agreed" that if it was per chance a girl, it should look like her mum. Any girl that looks like me go suffer - no matter how light skinned grin.

Funnily enough, she's a stunner - yes I know, I have to say that - looks similar to her brother, and the real surprise; she's quite light skinned? Let me just call madam to make sure she keeps her out of the sun cheesy!

TV

Hi TV how's lil princess doing? Am sure she is growing so much as the weeks ago by.

I wonder how you would have pulled off the looks engineering grin

It does not matter to me though I think they are both beautifully and wonderfully made(like all mums think of their children grin monkey no fine but Im mama like am). I just think its highly insensitive to say things like ' gosh your son is so cute much Finer than his sister' or ' they should have swapped it the other way round as boy and girl' angry sometimes when my daughter is within hearing. We are doing all we can to build character first and everything else would follow. I never ever felt less 'finer' than lighter skinned people while growing up and bleaching or 'toning' never crossed my mind. My parents my dad especially helped with that.

Funny enough life is funny because I never thought I would be married to a lighter skinned dude grin the default setting used to be 'tall dark and handsome' cheesy
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
coogar:

life is all about choices.....
the flexibility of a svelte chic wows me more than the thicksos. grin
My friend, flexibility is not the preserve of svelte women. I'm not saying obese women o, fleshy more like with better stats. Come naija make I hook you up. Your life will never remain the same.
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
crackhaus:

Bro Lupita looks facially okay to me.

The only reason I don't find her attractive is not her very dark skin, but her lack of a fat ar.se and b00bs to go with it.

Can't be attracted to thin/skinny women that would cause abrasive friction on me as a result of grinding on bones, hell to tha' no!

She's not facially spectacular but she's owk... add that to her lepatiousness nd you'd see the problem
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

Am telling you, just look at Kelly Rowland, amber rose, beyonce and MEAGAN GOOD cool cool cool... it's never really being about the complexion, it's about the baggage...
Black men love thick women... I don't find miley cyrus, Angelina Jolie or those othher skinny white chicks attractive one bit...
I won't mind some kardarsion though...
The only black endowed women I don't admire are the Whoopi goldbergs of this world and you know why grin grin
At it's heart, it's just an entitlement rant.

The men she wants and/or feels she deserves she can't get/don't want her. Butt-hurt, pure and simple- Unattractive black men marry out all the time, no one gets all activist about it.

Likewise, the thought of the two white women you mentioned makes me puke. Same for Keira Knightly. The fuss? I just don't get it. Anne Hathaway was in the papers this morning - doing a Miley" coincidentally - and I just thought "warris dis

And didn't Whoopi get with a white man - if only temporarily?

TV
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

Setaje say it loud and clear. grin grin grin grin
Black men will lie and lie they don't have any colorism issue, but we know the truth. grin
If we as Nigerians were concerned about race, Nigerian women would have done worse than AA women. grin
Can Victor Olaiya release Omo pupa in an AA community and not get a back lash from the women? grin
I remember delta soap creating a calendar and all the women were light skinned. As a Nigerian child then, I did not even notice any conscious effort to have only light people on the calendar in a COUNTRY POPULATED BY DARK SKINNED PEOPLE grin. It was a marketing tactic to tell women that if you use delta soap your skin will be light. Mind you delta soap is not a bleaching agent, but it preyed on what the society considered as beautiful. grin
don't mind them. They will keep denying they don't have color issues. Yet we see the proof everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by coogar: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

A study was done on self esteem among women, BLACK WOMEN WERE RATED HIGH despite all the issues and insults of being heavier. cheesy We cannot be intimidated. grin

like any black woman would say the truth concerning her self esteem. their stubbornness would not permit it. "i shall not gree" mentality is inborn in them. even a woman with no romantic partner sends valentine gifts to herself to deceive the world that her market is hot. grin

The criteria for black men attractiveness is not long hair. The criteria for black women and all women in general is long hair.

halle berry disagrees grin

No woman would refuse to date a guy because of hair.

they sometimes refuse bald men asking them out.

Rocking an afro and braided hairstyles will not get you a job in corporate America. You think Chimamanda adichie was stupid for writing americannah and talking about hair? We did not break ranks, woman must survive, so she adapted to the system because she has to feed herself.

she should have persevered a bit more grin

TV01:

Henceforth it shal be known as the "Skoda effect" no more, it shall be called the "Balsy Brothers" grin
TV

MINT!
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Timbuktou:
This comment ended for me here.

Some pple still believe wiz nd yeezy fell for her because of her colour...
Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by cococandy(f): 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
shocked smh.

Black people are in for it. And funny thing is we help others pull us down the more.

Mmm the second video is not so bad after all.it shows kids learn about color bias as they grow older.
Still watching.
Shollypopzz:

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Stillfire: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
njokusboy:

She's not facially spectacular but she's owk... add that to her lepatiousness nd you'd see the problem

You guys say black women are obese and you are still complaining about the slim ones. Kontinu. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
TV01:

Simply disingeneous. That's not an issue with Lamar, that's an issue with the women who decided to ideologically co-opt his music to feel good about themselves instead of attending to the fixables.

There is something called, connecting the dots and I'm not about to teach a grown "man", how to do that. Did you see the picture I posted on the first page, these are things that men in Lamar's position have said about dark-skinned women. Recently, there was a trend on twitter-"#blackcelebsbelike" showing ridiculous comments Black celebs have made on race issues. The issue is that the melanin lacking community look at the opinions of these people to represent how all black people feel. So, I can't blame them if they would like their celebs to represent them better.

(2.)That is exactly what makes him a fake. You must not be a fan of rap, because rap music is about the artist's lifestyle. People are going to make fun of Drake if he comes out tomorrow talking about selling cocaine and living in the hood, because that would make him a fake. Rappers rap about their lives.

Comparing race issues to gym habit is insulting, to say the least. You are probably one of those Africans that ignore the effects of racism in the black community or you just suck at making analogies.

I don't support the attack but I understand the frustration. These rappers measure their accomplishment by how many white chics they can sleep with.

4 Likes

Re: Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women by TV01(m): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stillfire:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/08/african-american-women-ha_n_1083182.html
As an aside "self-esteem" is at best suspect as a notion. And the fixation with women having it will change nothing. Character is waht counts. Likewise being able to tough out situations or go head-to-head does not compensate for real character, ability and hardwork.

And the HP is one of the liberal rags that's leading Sisters on a merry dance.

Just saying.

TV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Leave Your Parents House And Why? / I Dated A Lady 9 Years Ago But Now Planning To Marry Her Step Sister, Should I? / Trending Babies Names In Your Local Language.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.