Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (118888 Views)

Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find difficult to appreciate.

I liked
I shared
I Quote
...Repping O42

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by ginawest(f): 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
mattymaticks:
its IGBO and not IBO.. GET IT RIGHT!
dis tin kips confusing me...pls explain a little bit
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
ginawest:

but gina dear ur an igbo girl nw.. smiley smiley
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nebila(f): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by ginawest(f): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
mcchaka:

but gina dear ur an igbo girl nw.. smiley smiley
yh....I m buh nobody knows evwitin
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by kasiem(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
You cannot outclimb the tree of your intelligence. I am not interested in Eboe affairs. The contents of this thread are a historical record. When my grandchildren read it they will know that Eboe lies were not allowed to pass unchallenged.This is for posterity. You are not the great businessmen you claim to be ,you are traders which in football terms is the 3rd division . The Premiership is another matter entirely that is what we mean when we talk about business
before u say someone is in 3rd division u first tell us ur club in first division to avoid appearing as one lose-mouthed fool. You are busy shouting the dangotes and otedolas as if there are no ouks, elumelus, ubas, ibetos in igbo land. Could u just tell us apart from the lone dangotes in ur lands how majority almajiris like u have fared or how you've contributed more to the nation than some people who make our ports busy with their imported goods? Have u forgotten that this people struggle from the scratch just to get to the top while the dangotes are just enjoying the manipulations of government? Keep fooling urself while majority of ur brothers keep filling our streets with tightly fixed plates on hand just to see what the ladipo man will drop for him in the plate.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Janet101(f): 9:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
JK for lagos

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by bishop4life(m): 7:30am On Apr 11, 2015
Janet101:
JK for lagos

u funny gooo
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by christopher123(m): 7:57am On Apr 11, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find difficult to appreciate.

May lord bless u and that is why u will do well. Because instead of envy you studied igbo......but majority of yoruba will say ills about us and that is why they are like dat

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2015
ginawest:
yh....I m buh nobody knows evwitin

ur right..Ibo are the deltans before the bridge, while igbo are the ones from across the NIGER BRIDGE

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by perryy(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2015
nnafather:
All the Lagoon mama iwota don dey fear...Igbos will take over their territories and make them Lagoon Ambassadors.
lol.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by laudate: 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
amarilo:
You know all those names because the based in Lagos. Combine all of them and compare them with people from Nnewi alone. One thing you guys have never realised is that Igbo billionaires lives in Igbo Land. You only hear about the few in Lagos.

Guy, leave that side abeg! The world does not begin and end in Nnewi! If it is true that most of those Igbo billionaires live in Igbo land, why haven't they transformed the South-East or even little Nnewi that is down there? shocked

If they were so rich, why haven't the Igbo land based billionaires been listed in Forbes or even on the Stock Exchange of Lagos? Don't forget, a mere Yoruba woman is also listed in Forbes as the richest woman in Africa. Her name is Folorunsho Alakija! grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by laudate: 5:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
mcchaka:

ur right..Ibo are the deltans before the bridge, while igbo are the ones from across the NIGER BRIDGE

LWKMD! grin grin You are too funny for words....! cool
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by AriDsexy(f): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
Built2last:

TITLE IT ''SEUN OSEWA'S PRIZE FOR MOST HONEST BRAIN'' lol To be presented by Orubebe..i need to transfer sense to him

I'm sure u've passed ur msg across already.

Goodluck grin
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 12, 2015
ginawest:
Gina, its igbo. The ibo thing is just something that came up when the early white men who colonised us couldnt promise the igbo alphabet 'gb'. They dont have that in the english alphabet...so for them its easier to lose the 'gb' and let a 'b' stay in its place. Its easier to pronounce. Other Nigerian tribes that call it ibo too simply dont have that 'gb' alphabet.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by ginawest(f): 6:31am On Apr 12, 2015
PaulCI:

Gina, its igbo. The ibo thing is just something that came up when the early white men who colonised us couldnt promise the igbo alphabet 'gb'. They dont have that in the english alphabet...so for them its easier to lose the 'gb' and let a 'b' stay in its place. Its easier to pronounce. Other Nigerian tribes that call it ibo too simply dont have that 'gb' alphabet.
tenk u xo xo much

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by MrT2011(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2015
kiss
Built2last:

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you rememb[color=#000000][/color]er the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Dreament(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Built2last:

u spoke my mind. I did my nysc @enugu last year. And it was the first time of entring east. Their way of life was fare better than mine (EDO). The way the men help their women, and they are all business oriented people including their children. If not the fact that i served there there, i would not have opened my cement bussiness here in edo. Because here in edo we beleives that kind job is met 4 illiterate. But i was able to overcome that based on what my igbo guy told me a ( graduate) who does the same business. Now i have about 3 boys who help me to distribute cement. I started with motorcycle alone, but now am using van. I so much love igbo people. I thank God 4 posting me to east, if not i would have been searching 4 job up and down.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Izunwa(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
Built2last:

Epic

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by laudate: 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2015
omonnakoda:
Please do not talk stupidly .Try to comprehend before talking. One of the biggest businesses in the world Walmart is made of stores so I am not speaking against stores as a business.If you do not understand that that is not my problem. Trading however is different from a business. Everyone knows that Dangote started as a trader, so spare me the sermon. The fact is not all traders are businessmen. There is a huge difference between the two which your Ladipo brethren have not grasped. We are talking of a scrap market selling parts of dismembered vehicles and FAKE parts.

SERIOUS BUSINESSMEN DO NOT SELL FAKES. That is the difference. A serious businessman does not seek to exploit you today and damn the consequences. He wants to build a REPUTATION....

What we have in Ladipo is a hybrid of criminality and "trading" selling butchered stolen vehicles and laundering drug money such things do not grow into Walmarts or Microsoft. Ask yourself this question.; Alaba market has been there for over 30 years why have they not progressed to manufacturing. Why have they not grown to the size wher they can offer warranties as you get in places like South Africa......

We are tolerant but your boastful nature can push saints to villainy

Hmmn... this is really thought provoking! shocked sad

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Macelliot(m): 12:52am On Sep 07, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Not really bro. One of my posts garnered over 2000+ likes one time.
a link to the post?
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Macelliot(m): 12:58am On Sep 07, 2015
1stola:
Most Flatees are nothing bur arrogant pricks.. They don't see corruption as anything. They can kill for money.
I pray you get well soon.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Macelliot(m): 12:59am On Sep 07, 2015
Built2last:

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by illiad: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
Built2last:

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=illiad post=38734376][/quote] Nairaland have more ethnic bigots than any other forum alive. illiad my man two day.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=illiad post=38734376][/quote] Nairaland have more ethnic bigots than any other forum alive. illiad my man two days.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by shmurdah(m): 7:41am On Nov 27, 2015
ginawest:
lolz....dats y I lyk d ibos..dey r very fearless
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by BushidoBlue(m): 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Built2last:

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 7:49am On May 03, 2016
Built2last:

I made a comment which garnered a little above 1,000 likes. I've always assumed that was the most like comment on NL. Then I saw ur signature and was forced to confirm. I'm igbo and I wish I could keep liking ur comment till it reaches 2,000 likes. Well said sir, well said. #respect
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Pillyportions(f): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
A million kisses to u for this write up.
Built2last:

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Built2last: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Pillyportions:
A million kisses to u for this write up.

Abeg send am real life
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by GeneralOjukwu: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Built2last:

Did you hack in to get the Likes & Shares?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Bukar Abba Ibrahim In Sex Scandal. Caught Having Sex With Two Ladies (Photos) / Coronavirus: Wike And Fashola Greet With Elbow Bump Today In Rivers / Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.