Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,647 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (118819 Views)

Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Built2last: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

Did you hack in to get the Likes & Shares?

Lol...Am no hacker
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find difficult to appreciate.

excellent
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Ojiofor: 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
Oba Lil'wayne of Lagos state should be the first to be convicted on hate speech crime.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by reality1010: 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ojiofor:
Oba Lil'wayne of Lagos state should be the first to be convicted on hate speech crime.
Genocide starts with one man and with one speech.Rwanda is an example.If the VP does not do something meaning about the Oba of Lagos hate speech then his statement on terror prosecution of hate speech victim is balderdash.Genocide starts with one man and hate starts with one man.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by topcracker: 7:52am On Aug 19, 2017
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service.

When i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remember during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...

Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them. Business is a spirit in them most of us find difficult to appreciate.

This is the best post I've seen so far on Nairaland, honestly, you hit the nail on the head! Meanwhile there's a website where you can check up prices of auto spare parts and all its called https://www.ladipomarket.com.ng
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by starchris(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2017
Built2last:

truly truly you really nee to be awarded by nairaland
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Thojan(m): 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
This is funny.. Expecting more in the upcoming 2019 elections.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by gozie112(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
Built2last:

Jesu...see likes,, the highest likesi have seeing In nairaland

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
OkikiOluwa1:
See Nigerians o!
U want to die in the lagoon but I ll vite Jimi Agbaje shirts is now reigning in Lagos.
Some people ll be cashing on this now...

Saw some Ibo traders in my area putting them on.
Some even said they ll wear it to their polling booth on saturday.

Last Bullet
Its creativity but the negativity it ll generate is more than the fun derived from it.
So...I appeal for peace...
Our Ibo brothers, beware of provocating some people in your host community!

Cc. Lalasticlala, over to you!
Do the needful!

nobody is hosting anybody in any part of Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2018
gozie112:

Jesu...see likes,, the highest likesi have seeing In nairaland
shows that IGBOS are the most populated tribe on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by webizone(m): 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
yhusiee:
I heard d Oba tendered an apology 4 wt he said. We Nigerians r takin ds 2 far, esp d Igbos in Lag.
I am giving my own shoutout. Can we meet on facebook?
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
Built2last:

How I wish the likes can be converted to cash....We would have been talking business now... Anyway, Seun can do something to encourage you
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Built2last: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
ejibaba:

How I wish the likes can be converted to cash....We would have been talking business now... Anyway, Seun can do something to encourage you

Thanks but I don't need encouragement sir. God has blessed me beyond my imagination. I consider myself the few fortunate ones in Life...Not parental inheritance...hard work blessed by God.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by preciousjun(m): 7:17am On May 28, 2019
[quote author=Built2last post=32519412]Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria.

The Igbo's make use of every opportunity be it negative or positive. They are everywhere.....
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by SirLiquidGold: 5:43am On Oct 11, 2019
Ovialekhe:
Thd Oba shouldn't have made such a provocative statement like that.U cannot threaten the ibo's and think they will do ur biddings.The ibo' s ar very united especially in a foreign land. throw them into the lagoon and see if they wont bring out one form of business that even the so called Lagosians will start patronizing them
life is funny. People talk all the time. Where is Ambode today?
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by zmanto(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
Built2last:

I would like to meet you one on one someday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Bukar Abba Ibrahim In Sex Scandal. Caught Having Sex With Two Ladies (Photos) / Coronavirus: Wike And Fashola Greet With Elbow Bump Today In Rivers / Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.