Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak (106632 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by cescky(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Quite unfortunate.....with your use of language you have shown how uncultured and local you are, professional and elite my foot!

truth be told yorubas are the most learned tribe in terms of schooling....i doubt the above is from any respectable organiastion, but a toutish group

@seun, lalastic etc....you guys play a very important role in the mood and emotion of young people these days for your own good especially during this period better use your brain on what you display on front page...just saying

on another note, please who knows the cbn governors mail or any high ranking man in ministry of finance...these our theiving banks need to be reported especially......you importers know them i wont mention names just yet.

how can a bank be charging you black market price for dollar, when you shop using their atm?

yesterday i was charged over 200 naira while at the close of the day exhange rate was 197 officially....change starts with us as individuals ooo not in aso rock, abeg me i must carry this matter.

democracy is a government of the people oo, not a clique

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Richy4(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Did I just read that people that are not from lagos but living in lagos are refugees?

Maybe someone should educate this guys the meaning of refugee. I suppose they are "educated"

4 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by mtchris(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Have yoruba people forgotten they are still slaves

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by kushsy: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Enhhhhhh. So the fear fear yoruba people don wake up suddenly to be brave cos of their alliance wt the sword lovers..ahhh the season is just beginning.....intresting.. Igbo kwenu....I de Shake...I no fit shout...in my friend language Rantings Rantings every where...am ready for the attacks...Runs to search for my armor..

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by haibe(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
lastmessenger:
Igbos should be the one writing this and not the Yorubas. We the igbos own Lagos and nobody can take that away from us. In no time we would buy all the lands in ogun state and rename the streets with igbo names.
Igbo people are a special race and even the bible and quoran prophesied about it.

After you will be complaining that the oba insult you guys, ? Which king will hear a foreigner say this and won't almost want to kill you? Seriously the oba was even lenient; I know what those obi would have done. Lagos is for the yorubas, develop your land if you envy Lagos this much

7 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by nnamdibig(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Narrow minded
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Lyoncrescent: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
A man is a man. A Tribe is a tribe. A man should be judged as a man. I know a lot of ibo men and women in Lagos that are better personalities than Yoruba men and women. All this tribalism has to stop. Every individual should be treated without any negative stereotype . The tragedy is the greatest tribalists are often well learned showing the Nysc is a waste of time. We need to change our mindset. Lagos is like London.It is a melting point of culture and commerce. The true Londoners by origin are probably less than 10percent and that's what's going to happen in Lagos enventually.I'm Yoruba and from Lagos by origin from the durosimi-eti lineage but I dare say it's not just the Yorubas that make lagos great. It's the ibos,ijaws, Hausas, fulanis, urobhos and over 50 other cultures and ethnicities that have representation in Lagos. I am first of all a Nigerian before Yoruba not the other way round . One Love people

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2015
duni04:

angry
See this Igbo prostitute. U better STFU and face ur prostitution on Abuja streets. Wots ur business with Lagos? Chooking mouth in something wey no concern u. Nonsense
typical dirty hungry yoruba man.
I'm not a prostitute, and I have the right to chook my mouth cos I'm a Nigerian and Igbo is my tribe.
brainless gay.

4 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by YSA06(m): 9:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Igbo people don't have respect for their fathers, elders and even their kings so no wonder. They open their dirty mouth to say all sorts even when those that visited the Oba had said he didn't mean anything arm or threat as all was joke in the palace. Now is to add non-weighty value to themselves "Eze of Lagos" lolz. Igbo has been disrespectful to his mother righjt from when in the womb.

5 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Lucasbalo(m): 9:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Watching this thread, not surprised that Nigeria is a mess. Young people trashing each other on tribal differences. With this kind of thinking, sorry to say, Nigeria's future is bleak.

5 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by virus05(m): 9:18am On Apr 11, 2015
kastonkastrol:
my dear nobody is stopping you folks from voting for PDP/APC.. That's every nigerian civil responsibility and he can exercise that right in any part of Nigeria he finds himself. What we are telling your people is to keep off of yoruba politics and desist from calling our land a no man's land . Will you be happy when a person like gani Adams goes to anambra state and start dictating and imposing a certain candidate on you guys and tag onisha a no man's land? Well that's what ifeanyi ubah has been doing in lagos. At a certain time, he was bursting that an igbo man must be the governor of lagos state before 2020.

We yorubas are peaceful people and that's why you guys haven't seen any violent reprisal from us so far because we believe in civility and the power of the pen. In your honest mind, can ifeanyi ubah and some other igbo folks do whatever they are doing in any northern state?

At so many occasions even on this forum, I ignore many insults thrown at my people and my land by your brothers on this forum just to let peace reign.

Igbos are allowed to run their businesses in odualand but we won't accept any form of disrespect from your brothers again.

Enough is enough
chai..hehehehe..this yorubas no go kill person

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by onajo2000(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
What is this one say...... Nonsense
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Alexebo(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
i reside in lagos nd i v decided.....just bought my life jacket
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by bjhere2009(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
omokab:
Well said. If a visitor is becoming too arrogant to the person that accommodate him,definitely he will be shown his way back to where he's coming from. I don't know how a visitor will be claming too know of another's property. The best thing is to throw them out of Lagos let them go back to their land and develop their place. At the same time I can't blame them is useless PDP that want power by all means I will blame. They are the one giving them too much popularity and they will later regret it.Is it possible for any other tribe to do all this nonsense in their state?Bunch of ingrate.Lagos give you opportunity to be part of their government by appointing you commissioners,hon and other benefits but you can't think to appreciate rather to be ungrateful.Like I used to tell your ibo fellows that yorubas don't like problem but if you put us to the wall you will see hell more than what Oba Akiolu said.In term of everything in the country and around the world we senior you.Education,population,money,international connection etc we are not your mate.If it leads to war honestly speaking you will go down in history.just a little word for you!

Big fool!!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Actjulius: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
rudedough:
"Igbo immigrant resident community in the Yoruba kingdom of Lagos in Southwestern Nigeria."

So i'm an immigrant in my own country? What the hell! This is absurd if not silly. I was going to vote for Ambode but i think it's time to put this immigrant nonsense to rest once and for all. I've changed my mind.

Liar! You voted for PDP the last time and that is still your plan regardless of this article!

4 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by haibe(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
frank442:
No nation or tribe can survive or develop,
Without foreigner

Go to USA, UK, France and Germany,
They even participate in sports
Also join their military

but can you go to the USA; beat your chest and say it is a no man's land simply because you helped in the development? Am sure it will be brutal for that foreigner

8 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by telexfree1: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
The British Empire was once the largest in the world. Today due to civilization., the Queen is little more that a figurehead and officually has no say in politics.

The Yoruba claim to be the most civilised tribe in Nigeria but this statement from the supposedly umbrella group of Odua peoples only show that they are indeed light years behind in the African March to Civilisation.

Rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by duni04(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
buchichukwu69:
Nna, all these divisive pdp tactics are counterproductive. Wetin concern Ambode with this article now? Remember both Ambode and Jimi are yorubas. While Ambode does his campaign as if we're all same in Lagos, Jimi is constantly talking about indigines and nonindigines. So who is really divisive.

Don't mind those îdiots that are still living in the biafran era. Always causing trouble where ever they go; Malaysia, India, China, USA. Instead of using thugs this time around, the PDP has selected to use a tribe synonymous with trouble making to disrupt our elections.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
You've spoken with a lot of maturity; and your post has been tempered with diplomacy.I'm a Lagosian by blood and birth, but I don't support the post and the divisive utterance of the Oba.Nigeria is a federal arrangement, with Lagos as a component of the whole.As such, people can move or live anywhere regardless of their ethnic, political or philosophical inclination.
Akiolu has no royal pedigree in Lagos...I'm from a royal family.He was placed there by Jagaban.That's why his title is Rilwan Akiolu 1.Previous Obas wouldn't spew such divisive things, because they understood Lagos as a cosmopolitan city; a melting pot for all cultures everywhere.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by valHarrison: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=LordExecutioner post=32582716][/quote]this was written by one agbero in ojuelegba stupid he goat

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 11, 2015
hollowpot15684:

Very soon your pple will head back to aba or Onitsha and go work hard to develop those places too.
bastard.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Richiy(f): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2015
ayusco85:
Enough of this igbo talk. They shld all drown in the lagoon for all I care

A more stupid sentence, I haven't seen

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by okestev: 9:20am On Apr 11, 2015
nzeadachie:
ANIMALS IN HUMAN SKIN, LIKE OBA LIKE FOLLOWERS
...Non of Igbo was invited to stay in Lagos in the first place, the road is still open,they can find their way back to their village, no be by force...
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by upsonn(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2015
temitemi1:
NONSENSE!

One of the idiot few that want to claim what does not belong to them... Bastards
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 11, 2015
holatin:
and you call yourself a Yoruba, am not sorry to say this you are a disgrace to Yoruba as a whole, no rightful born Yoruba will talk like you.

Because of PDP gave u aphone to browse, you are now tarnishing your tribe just to please them.

ODUA KO NI GBE E.
OMO ALE JATI JATI
I used to like igbo people as a kid... buh whn I met them in nysc camp, I disliked them so tey....asin igbo people na trouble no matter where they are.. imagine igbo people condemning and dictating what they should cook in camp?.... meanwhile fellow yorubas are managing their shit in SE without complaints..Igbos don't believe in one naijiria

8 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by idnole4(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2015
The Igbos voted massively for PDP on March 28. So go ahead and do the same thing today, it won't stop APC from winning. This issue has only end up winning more Yoruba votes for Ambode.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Athanatos(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2015
July2050:
Very very well said. Infact, igbos should leave. We are tired of them. You can't come to Lagos and start claiming power. You have overstayed your welcome.

If the government does not flush you viruses out, get ready cos we Yorubas will flush you back to your dead biafra republic. Thieves.

Well said.

Your foul tongue will take you places.

Y'all show how parochial your reasoning is. When did the constitution say an Igbo man is a stranger in Lagos?or a Yoruba man is a stranger in Enugu?

Get it into your thick skull,you guys have no regard whatsoever to the constitution. How many Yorubas do I know living in the East? Many of them! That they do not want to assert themselves down here is their fault,not ours.

Till then...just know you flushed the remains of your retarded brain down your pit toilet.

My 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by shiningshina(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2015
EggovinMma:
The igbos dont own lagos, I agree, but they still constitute a huge percentage of its population, and has the constitutional rights to vote and be voted for, in other for their interests to be favoured through good policies.

Igbo are claiming that they own Lagos, and are seeking to impose their stooge, Agbaje, on Lagosians.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=LordExecutioner post=32582716][/quote] You are a fool.........
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by hensben(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2015
CHM11:

Your paragraphs totally contradict each other. One moment you are tribalistic, the other moment you are saying we are all human beings. I am not yoruba, I'm from Delta and based in Lagos. You want to know what pained the Oba?

Igbos said they will one day produce the governor of Lagos, they even wanted to run for vice in 2015.
They called Lagos a 'no man's land' that yorubas are claiming it.
They said Lagos is nothing but a colonial settlement.

Sincerely in your God mind, answer this : Will the people in South east Nigeria take this in their state from any other tribe? Even anambra self won't take it from other igbos.

And who told you the igbos are the most hardworking? What does hardworking mean to you?
Don't you think it means something else to me?
You might prefer to carry stones and break rocks with a sledge and call it hard work while I prefer to sit down for hours doing research and creating a cure for Ebola, that could be hardwork to me.

Lagos belongs to the Yorubas first before another Nigerian. If foreigners from Cotonou and Togo come to attack people in Lagos, the Yorubas will get up first to defend their home. When they can't subdue the intruders then Nigerians will join to help them.

Igbos should just learn to be careful with their utterances as regards Lagos. What you will not allow in your own home, do not do it in another persons home.

Lagos became the capital of Nigeria, because it is Lagos, Yoruba Land and it has been a trade centre even before the british took over. I think calabar used to be a capital too, so why is calabar not like Lagos?...

Respect your host and do not cause problems with your utterances.
bro you are 100% right, I'm from Niger delta but the truth must be said, Yorubas are very civil in their dealings that's what is making the Igbos to feel Lagos is no man's land, like what the F...I know Igbos can't try this with northerners for sure.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by zendy: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2015
Absolute rubbish!! Who are these Odua foundation? So as an Igbo man I am now a foreigner in Lagos? The Yorubas actually think they are doing us Igbos a favour by accommodating us in Lagos? How laughable. Did we come to Lagos to beg for food? This is the same Lagos the Yorubas "sold" to the British as a crown colony in the 1860's. The same Lagos that Igbos left 1967 to go back home and create their own nation of Biafra but the Yorubas teamed up with their Hausa comrades to fight a war to bring us back. Well we Igbos are here now and we ain't going no where. As far as I'm concerned,the Oba of Lagos is a nobody and Lagos is a satellite Igbo territory. Agbaje to win!!!! Fork APC!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Actjulius: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2015
EroticAngelina:
RUBBISH!!!!! arrant nonsense!!!! angry
These Yoruba ppl are so selfish and pompous!

If not that Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria, It would have been a local minor state like every other state in this country!!
This discrimination towards Igbo people by yorubas is getting out of hand!
for starters, why on earth should that useless oba threaten igbos in Lagos?? Are we not free to vote whoever we want?? That oba and his supporters are sent to destroy the peace of this country!

What I really wanna understand is what exactly did Igbo ppl do to this man
This inhumane discrimination has been going on for a long time! As long as u are a citizen of Nigeria, u have every right to settle down wherever u want in Nigeria.

we don't discriminate against any tribe in igboland, so why should they? In case they didn't know, igbos also took part in developing Lagos. Igbos are the most hardworking ppl in Nigeria(and I'm not saying that bkus I'm Igbo, its the fvcking truth. just like everybody knows Yorubas like education and parties)

for Pete's sake, we are the same ppl, human beings. just like someone said, tribes are just created to give power, it doesn't differentiate u from others.

#peace! angry
Abuja has been the capital since Babangida's time, please go there and leave Lagos alone, thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) / FG Lifts Ban On Interstate Travels / What Exactly Is Peter Obi Doing In Anambra State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.