Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD (36261 Views)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / >>>The Blacklist Official Fan Page<<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Elymoney(f): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dragonking:

Hmmm..makes sense as Dr Frankenstein was injecting himself with something.. But I believe that the character Dr Frankenstein and Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde are two different characters.

I know, but writers have freedom
Madam Kali was bathing in blood and that has ties to Elizabeth bathory the bloody countess. So anything is possible. Plus Frankenstein's story arc is the palest compared to his counterparts.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dragonking:

Am glad that you saw the high ratings of Penny dreadful series. I can assure that you will enjoy it.

As for dominion and salem, i havent heard of those series but i have finished dare devil long ago and it was nice. I recommend it also.

Don't bother with dominion. Don't even Google it.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Caliban aka john Claire fall my hand in that episode. Why on earth was he scared of lily? I was like wtf. Or is lilly stronger than him? Who knows.

BTW what did men do to her that she is pissed off?

She is mad at how women are treated as the play objects and servants of men. That women are only for their amusement & pleasure and are considered weak. Also, for the mistreatment she received as a prostitute which ranged from degradation to extreme violence. She doesn't want to be forced to kneel for men ever again...literally or figuratively. smiley
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 08, 2015
I dont think Dr Frankenstein will turn into Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde but I do think that would be a great character to add.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:02am On Jul 08, 2015
Elymoney:

I know, but writers have freedom
Madam Kali was bathing in blood and that has ties to Elizabeth bathory the bloody countess. So anything is possible. Plus Frankenstein's story arc is the palest compared to his counterparts.

Yeah, madam Kali did the Elizabeth bathory scene..you might be right though..it will be nice to see him in a stronger form
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2015
Hunnydropps:

She is mad at how women are treated as the play objects and servants of men. That women are only for their amusement & pleasure and are considered weak. Also, for the mistreatment she received as a prostitute which ranged from degradation to extreme violence. She doesn't want to be forced to kneel for men ever again...literally or figuratively. smiley

But she was a prostitute. No man forced her to be one and I have never seen were prostitutes are treated nicely...she has no reason to be angry with men jooor...IMO she is just power drunk and wants to be domineering. grin
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 8:06am On Jul 08, 2015
armadeo:

Don't bother with dominion. Don't even Google it.

Wow..that series must be horrible.

Hope u have started watching penny dreadful.. We are eagerly waiting for ur contributions here.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dragonking:

But she was a prostitute. No man forced her to be one and I have never seen were prostitutes are treated nicely...she has no reason to be angry with men jooor...IMO she is just power drunk and wants to be domineering. grin
You seem to have forgotten she ran away from her intended and her home after she was mistreated by her husband to be and was informed to go back to him, since that's the way it would always be.

She became a prostitute, since a poor Irish woman with only street smarts and no family to speak of, didn't exactly have the luxury of a decent life in London. A London, where people would scream and nobody would try to help.

Plus, she had consumption, no one would even attempt to hire her for whatever would be considered a decent minimum wage job. If I remember correctly she also worked in the mines at some point, which wasn't exactly conducive for her health.

Now, the original what-will-be-will-be attitude she had, is now all gone. She was resigned to the fact that she could never change her life. But now, all the quiet anger she had from her unjust life has now turned into hatred. Now, she is something else, she is a changed being with untold strength, she will not be a victim, she will not be a pawn, they'll all bow to her.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by armadeo(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
[quote author=Dragonking post=35615658]

Wow..that series must be horrible.

Hope u have started watching penny dreadful.. We are eagerly waiting for ur contributions here.[/quothave downloaded both seasons.

Will binge over the weekend. Too much office Tins on my plate now
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
cao:

You seem to have forgotten she ran away from her intended and her home after she was mistreated by her husband to be and was informed to go back to him, since that's the way it would always be.

She became a prostitute, since a poor Irish woman with only street smarts and no family to speak of, didn't exactly have the luxury of a decent life in London. A London, where people would scream and nobody would try to help.

Plus, she had consumption, no one would even attempt to hire her for whatever would be considered a decent minimum wage job. If I remember correctly she also worked in the mines at some point, which wasn't exactly conducive for her health.

Now, the original what-will-be-will-be attitude she had, is now all gone. She was resigned to the fact that she could never change her life. But now, all the quiet anger she had from her unjust life has now turned into hatred. Now, she is something else, she is a changed being with untold strength, she will not be a victim, she will not be a pawn, they'll all bow to her.

How time flies..I have actually forgotten all that happened to her..this is what happens when one wait for a whole year to watch another season.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dragonking:

How time flies..I have actually forgotten all that happened to her..this is what happens when one wait for a whole year to watch another season.
The main advantage of binge watching, you tend to remember more. Now, I've to wait a year like everyone else. Season 3 is going to be something.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
cao:

The main advantage of binge watching, you tend to remember more. Now, I've to wait a year like everyone else. Season 3 is going to be something.

Hahaha..don't worry. By the time you wait like a year too, you will start forgetting some scenes like myself. grin

I can't wait for season 3...Am currently watching supernatural to whileaway time till when the walking dead series begin. What series are u watching ATM
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 10:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Hahaha..don't worry. By the time you wait like a year too, you will start forgetting some scenes like myself. grin

I can't wait for season 3...Am currently watching supernatural to whileaway time till when the walking dead series begin. What series are u watching ATM
That reminds me, I need to complete Supernatural at some point. I think I stopped at S10E14. I really should stop watching new shows until I've finished the others...
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
cao:

That reminds me, I need to complete Supernatural at some point. I think I stopped at S10E14. I really should stop watching new shows until I've finished the others...

Your own is good na...I am currently in season 8...I have spent so much data on this series. And it seems that they don't wanna end it..I heard season 11 is coming out soon.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dragonking:

Your own is good na...I am currently in season 8...I have spent so much data on this series. And it seems that they don't wanna end it..I heard season 11 is coming out soon.
Yup, I might call it quits soon. I could just stop watching it, although I did stop watching it at some point, but I started again when the Felicia Day episode happened - I ended up binge watching two seasons (6 & 7 - the episode was S07E20) and now that I know the bad news, I might not even continue. Oh! The last Supernatural episode I watched was S10E11, it's the one that had Day's character on it. Supernatural is experiencing the CSI & Smallville effect - it goes on forever, then one day you just stop watching it for no reason (or in the case of CSI, Grissom left, so I left).
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
cao:

Yup, I might call it quits soon. I could just stop watching it, although I did stop watching it at some point, but I started again when the Felicia Day episode happened - I ended up binge watching two seasons (6 & 7 - the episode was S07E20) and now that I know the bad news, I might not even continue. Oh! The last Supernatural episode I watched was S10E11, it's the one that had Day's character on it. Supernatural is experiencing the CSI & Smallville effect - it goes on forever, then one day you just stop watching it for no reason (or in the case of CSI, Grissom left, so I left).
I read online that the reason they are continuing is because they are still getting good ratings..imagine watching 23episodes in a season X 11 seasons. Am already tired sef at season 8
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dragonking:

I read online that the reason they are continuing is because they are still getting good ratings..imagine watching 23episodes in a season X 11 seasons. Am already tired sef at season 8
For The CW, it's their ratings darlings & also makes a killing in their targeted demographic (18-34 women), this show is watched more by women than men. Supernatural fandom is insane on social media, there's even a running gag on Tumblr, where a gif from Supernatural will randomly appear on a post because the Supernatural fandom has a gif for everything.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
cao:

For The CW, it's their ratings darlings & also makes a killing in their targeted demographic (18-34 women), this show is watched more by women than men. Supernatural fandom is insane on social media, there's even a running gag on Tumblr, where a gif from Supernatural will randomly appear on a post because the Supernatural fandom has a gif for everything.

So it is dem ladies that is making the series unending? Honestly I pity dean and Sam especially dean..he is already looking old with dem baggy eyes.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dragonking:

So it is dem ladies that is making the series unending? Honestly I pity dean and Sam especially dean..he is already looking old with dem baggy eyes.
One thing Supernatural has, that I'll always give it credit for, is it doesn't take itself seriously. Plus, it's willing to experiment. See the Ghostfacers episode, Fan Fiction (this is in S10), the episode where the Winchesters got transferred to our world (thanks to Gabriel, who was going by Loki then), the Groundhogs day episode (again Gabriel as Loki's fault), the dog episode and the fact that the Winchesters' story exists as actual fiction in the Supernatural universe...

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hecate with her devilishly wicked dialogue..lol

2 Likes

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Sembene lives on cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
Never underestimate the power of a queen with lovely hair, my dear. (Please who understands this statement?)

2 Likes

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 3:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Are you scared? You should be. wink

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Have you seen this before? Very cool cool
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dragonking:
Never underestimate the power of a queen with lovely hair, my dear. (Please who understands this statement?)

I think he is referring to himself being gay/dragqueen. Saying dont think I cant be strong and get things done just because im effeminate like a queen with good hair.

1 Like

Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by khanivorous(f): 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wow!!!
I have been following this thread like flies on rotten mango
PENNY DREADFUL is beyond awesome

My fav. Character is that curator of british museum

This man can speak english language... Carefully selected vocab and perfect finishing of every sentence

His conversation with hecate at dorian gay's ball party.
Ms ives( eva green) is one of the greatest female actress of this decade.. That lady z too good an actress
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
Eva Green is indeed a fantastic actress. Her resting face is epic, geez even her doll's resting face was epic.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hunnydropps:

I think he is referring to himself being gay/dragqueen. Saying dont think I cant be strong and get things done just because im effeminate like a queen with good hair.

Thanks for the explanation.. That statement got me initially confused.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
khanivorous:
Wow!!!
I have been following this thread like flies on rotten mango
PENNY DREADFUL is beyond awesome

My fav. Character is that curator of british museum

This man can speak english language... Carefully selected vocab and perfect finishing of every sentence

His conversation with hecate at dorian gay's ball party.
Ms ives( eva green) is one of the greatest female actress of this decade.. That lady z too good an actress

I guess you mean Mr Lyle..yeah that guy English alone is very confusing.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
cao:
Eva Green is indeed a fantastic actress. Her resting face is epic, geez even her doll's resting face was epic.

I stubbled on how they went ahead to make those dolls. Will try to dig it up and post it here. Am glad you watched and enjoyed it.

What series are u watching now?
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by cao(f): 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dragonking:

I stubbled on how they went ahead to make those dolls. Will try to dig it up and post it here. Am glad you watched and enjoyed it.

What series are u watching now?
I watch way too many shows.
Re: PENNY DREADFUL OFFICIAL FAN THREAD by Dragonking: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
cao:

I watch way too many shows.

Which can you recommend that is as interesting as penny dreadful or GOT or walking dead?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ajuri Ngelale: Lebanese Reporter In AIT? / List Of AMAA 2015 Winners / BBNaija: Two Sisters Celebrate As Frodd Escapes Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.