Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot (47656 Views)

Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune / Kogi APC Tackles Tinubu, Faleke Over Ministerial Slot / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by phabulux: 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
jumobi1:

You are contradicting yourself. You say go and secede then say we won't let you secede without a bloody and criminal war

I guess I don't have to dignify this nonsensical repost with anything akin to common sense.

(Lower case) 'contradicting yourself': ode!
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by saintneo(m): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
donphilopus:

A non-northerner can never be made the Minister of FCT, just like the same way a Northerner can never be made the Minister of Petroleum (save military regime)!

please check again!

Do you know Rilwanu Lukman ?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by scantee(m): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Johnpaul88:
U again! grin grin

I'm a Buhari die hard supporter. So it's normal I'm disappointed with how my people rejected resoundingly his bid for the presidency. We cannot now turn back and bbegin to make demands and expect them to be met. Onye mara ebe o sara ahu, ya gaa chiri akwa ya ebe ahu.
Guy politics apart be reasonable for once, this matter is not about apc and pdp supporters. PSG 1-4 Barca our today game.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by baysol: 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
iiiyyyk:
If nigeria no kill igbos, igbos go kill nigeria.

Igbos go to your region and invest.

Hausas invest in north,
Yoruba invest in west.
igbo invest in East. Case close, and the will be peace.
Nigeria should be a confederation.
Tribal hatrad will go, the fear of igbo dominance will reduce...

Which kin fear? which dominance? with all una yamama business we berekete full Nigeria na im then dey fear? Abegi park well my friend. All you emotional freaks.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
babaolofin:
The group is right by saying over 70% of the investment belongs to the Igbos. The DOME, grand Square, Bollingo etc belong to them. During Jonathan under an economy supervised by Madam Okonjo, Diezani, Anyim, Ernest Nwapa at the local content deal,the power deal with them at the BPE, NERC and ministerial level, the investment becomes greater. The centenary city deal and various investment in the capital city belongs to them even right from military era.

The only wrong information given is the segmentation of the populace into political and economic. The igbos are the majority in population. To say the indigenes are 65% of the population is mis-leading and an attempt to run away from the future of FCT and Nasarawa state. The igbos control the population for now. The Gwaris (Abuja native indigene) are now few in number.

The best is to make Eze Ndigbo the official traditional ruler of FCT in addition to the ministerial seat. Population determines who wins an election in an area. when you have population and investment, then you have everything. Eko o ni baje o

Dear All, I noticed that the tone of this discussion changed immediately after my posting above. I can now see that many people online understand what I tried to avoid. They are now exploding them one by one. One is the PDP winning the presidential election in FCT and Nasarawa state. The author of this topic erred by saying the indigene controls 65% of the population which I have refuted above. The indigene voted APC (The Gwari in Niger State (Suleja) voted APC). Another hidden subject in my posting is the issue of Lagos which people have also brought out. I am glad for the discerning people online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by millionboi(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
myola777:
how many of your people voted for buhari? Ngige was contesting, you didn't vote for him
So u r denyin dem now,dsame way u wud ve deny my ppl even if thy ve al voted buhari
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by DollyParton1(f): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
SirShymexx:
They own:

90% of Lagos.

70% of Abuja.

99% of Rivers.

80% of Kano.

Etc.

It seems the naija Jews are the only ones in that country loool.

Lolzz.... they are the only ones in Lagos. Bunch of Jokers

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by wellmax(m): 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lemon12:
but Tinubu from southwast want to become petroleum minister.... Abi oil dey for any yoruba land?

Oh, when did he tell you he wants to be minister? Btw do you know Ondo is an oil producing state?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Lekeydey(m): 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
Just as manchester united will call manchester city the noisy neighbour,our S.E block has suddenly become our noisy neighbour.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
scantee:
Guy politics apart be reasonable for once, this matter is not about apc and pdp supporters. PSG 1-4 Barca our today game.
Hahahaha. Guy u are asking too much o. PSG are no pushovers especially at home. But now they appear depleted through injuries and suspensions, we might begin to fancy a win but your prediction is too much o. And besides, we hardly see you around in the Barca thread these days. grin
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by dallyemmy: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Business as usual!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
scachy:
[s][/s]
I wonder how we ll achieve one Nigeria with this type of comments coming from d likes of u. What is hard to understand that we r in a democracy where people had d right to vote for any candidate of their choice during am election based on their political conviction without been blamed or regarded as second class citizens in their own country simply because they exercise their franchise?
Wat is difficult to understand that any candidate vying for any elective political post has areas of higher no.of voters n low no.of voters?
What's so difficult to understand that there must be people who ll not vote for u n as a leader n u r expected to carry everybody along regardless?
Pls be civil when addressing national issues or read others comments. Don't speak out of proportion to ignite hate n unhealthy comments.
God bless Nigeria

nobody woke up and began to speak to ignite hate, but cant u see thee demand itsef can ignite hatred. The truth is wat u dont work for u shdnt expect free food. Buhari is wise enough to know who he will nominate as minister of fct. no one shd come up and begin to demand slots particularly for an intrest we all knw dey worked against.
I knw hw my neighbours dat we use to complain together on hw naija was nt gettin beta, no power, stuck to gej during the elections, and even after gmb he was declared winner, they were like "una want change abi? we go see the change na. people will suffer blablablabla". i was surpised by their tribal sentiments. In my mind i was like wat the hell, nw i see why none of the 2 parties nominated an igbo man ass presidential candidates. the igbos shd relax dey will get ministerial slots but defintely nt fct.

what was done in lagos, can neva be done in any part of the east or the north. dt a yoruba or hausa man will go to abia and contest and win. it is just impossible. Anyways i just think the constitution shd be adjusted to suite this conflicting issues so matas do nt escalate. in as much as we are one nigeria, the culture and language barriers are present and they somehw differentiate us. unlike the western world dey hv just one language and hv no culture.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by scantee(m): 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
ehie:
narcissism with delusions of grandeur..The Indian shopkeepers hate the igbo touts that line the streets of deira. The south Africans are jealous of you.yorubas are jealous of you.you don't invent anything.you don't create anything you don't produce anything.you only retail.then I think Zuckerberg should be sleep in armored personell carrier because if everyone hates you.aliens and angels should hate Zuckerberg. You guys should wake up from your delusions
Unread.
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by myola777(m): 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
millionboi:
So u r denyin dem now,dsame way u wud ve deny my ppl even if thy ve al voted buhari
Your people are the biggest hypocrites i ever see

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by missKiffy(f): 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
musing2:
Chinekeeeee, see me see trouble. Lagos own never finish yet my brothers done go start Abuja own.

Don't mind them

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by somegirl1: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
demandtruth:

The country is not divided. It's the people that have divergent view.

Recall that the same core North voted 32% for Gej and he won in
the NC and SW. So, what changed? Are those in the NC too Yoruba
or Hausa?

The country will not struggle to move forward. Only the people who
fail to accept reality will stagnate and fail. If you close your eyes
to avoid evil then you won't see when good passes.

The seat of power is not built so that all people should follow the
occupier blindly. It's for all the people of Nigeria to see the change and
direction of purposefulness in their lives

I don't think we are referring to the same country.
Someone posts a random topic like this, and ethnic bigots jump in to spew trash, without caring to know whether this is fact or not.
I don't understand how you expect to drag a woman, who tried to leave you, back to your house and expect a happy marriage. You must first address her grievances and then allow her decide whether or not she wants to remain married to you.
Igbos are supposedly troublesome, why can't they be allowed to peacefully secede? The SS can still remain part of Nigeria, right? oh wait, they don't want to.
I'd forge an alliance, albeit temporary, with the lesser of my foes to get rid of the greater foe and then deal with the lesser foe later. I'm sure SS now understand this.
I hope in future we can vote for or against splitting.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by scantee(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Hahahaha. Guy u are asking too much o. PSG are no pushovers especially at home. But now they appear depleted through injuries and suspensions, we might begin to fancy a win but your prediction is too much o. And besides, we hardly see you around in the Barca thread these days. grin
lol remember my prediction against Celta and Sev came to pass, watch out & see, omo career section tie me down ooo guyz are not given me breating space, i became upset with Fcb after Sev game, that was a bad weekend 4 me. Wil be there today.
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
okay..
maryam6:
No
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by maxy097(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
scantee:
Na so bro, what i hate most is how they tag any successful igbo guy as a drug dealer or any crime them deem fit.
All these ofe mmanu, they will keep beefing to death. But we don't care, oluwa keep rewarding our efforts.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by yemmybx(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
YEYE SET OF PEOPLE SINCE U TRIED LAGOS AND U FAILED WITH EMEKAGBAJE SO ABUJA SHOULD BE THE NEXT? NO TRIBE IS NOT SELFISH O BUT DZ IGBOS OWN IS TO MUCH NOT FOR THE NATION'S INTEREST BUT FOR SOUTH EAST ALONE. AND SOUTH EAST SHOULD STOP ATTACHING THEIRSEF TO SOUTH SOUTH THEM NO BE THE SAME.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by scantee(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
ehie:
Hotel and clubs na Im be investment? Yeye rubbish investment.
yet ur standing in front of the hotels (rubish investment) every night to earn a living. Run out of thread befor the bomb explored oo
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
Cchuks27:
Hmm! It's a deed that has been done. A miscalculation maybe. The truth is that it's gonna be a difficult 4Yrs for the south east.

Igbos should come together and develop their states. There is no reason why they should keep rolling on the floor and licking their opposition's butt.

Be strong. This is the best time more than ever to prove their worth to their people and the country as well.

The kind of money and wealth the Igbos have created under Jonathan will take any tribe 100 years and above to make or create. This is the government that met the highest money in treasury in the history of Nigeria, the government that operated under high crude oil prices for years until last quarter of last year and also high level of illegal bunkering under high crude oil price. The incoming government is coming to meet big debt burden and high debt servicing ratio coupled with very low crude oil price

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Trustworthiness: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
aguiyi:

yet when it suits you we will be reminded of one Nigeria.

the funniest part is that the mere knowledge that this same people want to secede from Nigeria gives you and your lineage sleepless night makes you even more stupid than you have portrayed with the above comment.

how many non northerners have been made FCT minister since it became the capital territory

You reap where you sow.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Isiterere(m): 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lemon12:
but Tinubu from southwast want to become petroleum minister.... Abi oil dey for any yoruba land?

grin grin grin
pls take your pen and paper and put this lecture into your head.
*After SS states, Ondo state(SW) is next in line in terms of oil deposit...

I wonder when you guys will stop chest beating habit.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by baysol: 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
Goke7:

Pdp is largely dominated by the northerners too, its because they have been in the centre for long, that is why you have lots of igbos too. just wait and see how the dynamics will change after may 29, they are just still whining about jona defeat, in few months time, large number of igbo politicians will be in the apc along with their ss counterparts. They don't have an history of opposition politics and they are not ready for it now if not they won't be asking for an FCT ministerial slot so soon, they know what it means to them if they don't have mouth in Abuja.

Like jk, they are just kidding, its only westerners and few northerners that can play opposition politics in Nigeria cos they can take risks but my guys across the Niger, all na shakara, no action

The events in the last few weeks goes to show that hausas are more brilliant and savvy politically and strategically than this biafrogs that want to be associated with good things only. Jumping from lagos to the lagoon and now to Abuja.....what next? What a set of irritants.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
scantee:
yet ur standing in front of the hotels (rubish investment) every night to earn a living. Run out of thread befor the bomb explored oo
you think everyone woman is an ashi like your sisters.#perveted mind

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by scantee(m): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
maxy097:

All these ofe mmanu, they will keep beefing to death. But we don't care, oluwa keep rewarding our efforts.
haa haa Mod go own u oo
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
The kind of money and wealth the Igbos have created under Jonathan will take any tribe 100 years and above to make or create. This is the government that met the highest money in treasury in the history of Nigeria, the government that operated under high crude oil prices for years until last quarter of last year and also high level of illegal bunkering under high crude oil price. The incoming government is coming to meet big debt burden and high debt servicing ratio coupled with very low crude oil price
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Rilikoko(m): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
We will look into your request and see what we can do,even though when ur so called kinsman is there u didn't make this kind of demand.......
Luckily Sen Chris Ngige will be out of job soon,we can appoint him accordingly

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Wike Sleeping At A Rally In Emohua, Rivers. Photos / 10 Positive Things That Would Quickly Happen If Nigeria Restructures... / I’m Dying Of Cancer, Allow Me To Return To Nigeria – Diezani Begs Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.