Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot (47587 Views)

Kogi Ministerial Slot: Faleke Fires Back - Tribune / Kogi APC Tackles Tinubu, Faleke Over Ministerial Slot / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
winniz:

Jonathan was a very kind and humble man that will not use his FCT minister to witch-hunt them like OBJ did. I guess Igbos are now trying to protect their Various investment in FCT since Igbos rejected APC they know ezigbo nsogbu di.
Ezigbo nsogbu diiri ndi choro nsogbu. I guess we may have to pay for our political miscalculations. Anyone who rejected a particular party the way we Ndi Igbo did, is generally asking for trouble. It's unfair to APC for us to turn around and start making series of demands. grin

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Goke7: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Activa:

You be yeye man

Thanks for d correction guy grin grin grin grin

If it is 80% of kano population then it must be 75% of kaduna investment too

70% of Benin investment
78% of Ibadan population
79% of warri investment
80% of Calabar population
85% of uyo investment
87% of Accra investment

like mtn everwhere you go but seriously I never hear my guys talk about the percentage of investments they have in south africa, anyway make una advise them make dem no make noise there o, hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Mrbigman1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
donphilopus:

A non-northerner can never be made the Minister of FCT, just like the same way a Northerner can never be made the Minister of Petroleum (save military regime)!

And a northerner was once minister of Niger delta right?
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by sunnyolads1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
This is absolute foolish request made by the so called Igbo in FCT. Did they vote for GMB in the first place? Nonsense! They should go and meet GEJ their kinsman for such request when he comes back in the future or forget about it. They want to reap where not showing.. error!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by notoriousbabe: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
eagleeyez:

My anger with them is that they are tribalizing the whole issue. What are they saying northerners also have major businesses in the all over is it because they don't shout?
Southerner and yorubas also have major stakes....

No tribe has a right to ministerial slots. If at all they are given is to fulfil federal character but left to me, they should not be given due to this stupid senseless demand.

Ibo people. Am sorry are trouble makers, they cause issues between people and sit down and watch.they can't even develop their states or agree on a thing .how can an un - united group lead a united nation Is it possible?

God forbid an ibo becoming fct minister,rubbissh!
na to claim FCT be dat.
NDIGBO, everywhere u go

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by jumobi1(m): 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
LordCenturion:

South Africa said igbo people in Nigeria are the highest dealers in drug, and they let the world paint us black as bad nation, they spoil our image everywhere around the world

So what do we do? Ethnic cleansing? Break up Nigeria? Summon govt and Igbo leaders to improve their peoples lives? Nigerians are into crime everywhere. In America, all types of Nigerians are into 419 but it doesn't make as much noise back home because the SA govt doesn't handle it in a very civilized way. In Italy, Greece, Russia, Ukraine etc, Nigerians are into crime and prostitution. Crime isn't exclusively Igbo.
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
jumobi1:

Would Yorubas have voted for Buhari if he didn't have a Yoruba VP, and a party' that it's foundation is primarily CPC and ACN (a Party that only had strength in the SW)?

Nigerians N S E W are tribalists. If APC had an Igbo as President or VP, don't you think SE would have Sai'ed Buhari?
the truth is Igbos see Apc as a Northern party, no matter who their candidate was, they would have still voted against him. Look at Rochas now, see the slim margin he is leading with, why is this? your hate towards the west and North is too much.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by UncleJudax(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
donphilopus:

A non-northerner can never be made the Minister of FCT, just like the same way a Northerner can never be made the Minister of Petroleum (save military regime)!
Here we go again. I bet you never heard of Rilwanu Lukeman. Kids everywhere.

Smd...
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by VirginFinder: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
ibos and longthroat.

ibos should realise that they dont have any stake in the incoming government.

They should just be humble and accept whatever they are given.

Nonsense!

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by myola777(m): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
jumobi1:

Rethink your statement. Is that the way to build Nigeria? You actually sound wicked and vengeful
Jonathan neglects yoruba, heaven does not fall. Igbo should stop demanding. Ti iwo ba se rere ara ki o ya o

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by REALODUA: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
nerodenero:
Some Igbos simply wants everything politically which isn't bad but at times, I think their demands are wrongly placed.
trying to reap where they did not sow, I understand some Igbo are for apc but what do they even get from their gej loyalty.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by LordCenturion(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
I remembered last year wen I ask all my igbo friends who they are gonna vote for, they said the same thing "I will vote for my brother o(ebele azikiwe Jonathan)"
At the end of the day, majority of them don't have pvc, they are @ their business places wen people are collecting their pvc

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
san316:
They should go and sleep. They should meet GEJ to give them ministers.

When the person they love did not give them the appointment, is it the person they openly detest that will give them?

If not because there is a rule against insulting these shameless people ehn... Hmmm.

See lie abeg, they have 70% of Abuja population.. Just as they claim they have 85% of Lagos.. Very soon they'll say they have 60% of Kano.

Igbos have no moral justification or right to demand anything from the incoming government because they have openly showed how much they hate him.
They can only be considered because of the kind heartedness of GMB n the 2% sensible people among them. If not, shikom will not get to them.

FCT minister my arze.

70% population U can correct urself
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by tdayof(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
When I tell u this people are confirmed, authorised, legalized fool.. People won't believe it...

Bastardssssssssss

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
donphilopus:

Dude, non Northerners have been made ministers of FCT before.
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by jumobi1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
the truth is Igbos see Apc as a Northern party, no matter who their candidate was, they would have still voted against him. Look at Rochas now, see the slim margin he is leading with, why is this? your hate towards the west and North is too much.

I don't disagree with your assessment. Overall Igbos see it as a Northern and SW party. But the main members are indeed Northerners and SW'ers. This is perhaps the fault of Igbo leaders for sticking with PDP and APGA for being to linked to PDP to jump ship.
At the end Rochas won, so what does that say? More than half of Igbos or at least Imolites see beyond tribal affiliation.

Btw most of my closest friends are Yoruba so I don't get the "your hate towards the west and North is too much" part.
I'm sure you love the North, South, East and West too smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by jelal007(m): 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
They should go and jump into the lagoon. Silly things.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Champele(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
To all the people talking shi*t about the igbo,OTU NNE GI. Mod translate it and ban me.idiots

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by phabulux: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
What kinda m.ad.ness is this? I typed a whole load of response for this guy, but it got deleted one way or the other. Now, let me see if I can outdo myself.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
jumobi1:

So what do we do? Ethnic cleansing? Break up Nigeria? Summon govt and Igbo leaders to improve their peoples lives? Nigerians are into crime everywhere. In America, all types of Nigerians are into 419 but it doesn't make as much noise back home because the SA govt doesn't handle it in a very civilized way. In Italy, Greece, Russia, Ukraine etc, Nigerians are into crime and prostitution. Crime isn't exclusively Igbo.
just do a little research and you will find out that over 80% of them are Igbos.

If you want your own country, you can have it, no one will really care, but will you stay in your country? that's the issue!

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by demandtruth: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
somegirl1:

States can be scrapped, they are man-made after all. They cause more division.
Let's then see who would be Imolite and who would be Anambrarian, Rivers etc.

Accepted.

Rivers, Delta and all other region you mentioned will never
share things in common with Igbos. Check your history.

Your concept of stateship in the East is far different from the rest you
mentioned.

Learn how to co-exist with your hosts and accept other people for what
they are and things will not be as vague as it seems to you now

Do you know that this not peculiar to Nigeria? It's all over the world
that Igbos seems the odd people to accept their hosts; no offence intended

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by donphilopus: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
UncleJudax:

Here we go again. I bet you never heard of Rilwanu Lukeman. Kids everywhere.

Smd...

Guess you didn't see where I wrote "save military regime"?! Or you just couldn't comprehend it?!
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Lilimax(f): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
This thread is nothing but ...TUFIAKWA!!!!!!
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
LordCenturion:
I remembered last year wen I ask all my igbo friends who they are gonna vote for, they said the same thing "I will vote for my brother o(ebele azikiwe Jonathan)"
At the end of the day, majority of them don't have pvc, they are @ their business places wen people are collecting their pvc
grin
they cant leave their "market" to vote for anyone, that's how they roll grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
maryam6:
hmn.....tn.......
Hi, your face kinda seems familiar, any chance you stay in Gombe?
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
Igbos have no right to make demands at least for now, they should accept whatever is given to them if atal, the next 8 years should be their time for sober reflection.

Just keep your mouth close forever.
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Goke7: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
jumobi1:

Lol. I'm from Imo. Born and raised in Lagos for 9 years. Family lives in Abuja. I don't live in Nigeria but I'm very Nigerian. Don't waste your energy on facts you know are not true. I've been in Abuja a few times and Igbos aren't the majority of Abuja. We are all 1 so we shouldn't be trying to handle each other.

thanks man, after failing in lagos, they think they can cook up stories for abuja again, I go to abuja regularly and I know what they are saying are all lies, meanwhile dangote is in lagos meeting with ambode and tinubu while my guys de ask buhari for FCT ministerial slot, what a pity.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Emmanuel247(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Arh don tire for this our brothers.

With your collective efforts we can make our side however you want it.

Keep investing over there no be only FCT minister

Na Emir of Kano

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by UncleJudax(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
nerodenero:
We are all Nigerians but I dont think we have got to that level where key positions would be given to an individual whose state of origin isn't that region though we are gradually departing from that now.Take it or leave it, Abuja is more north than south, maybe that's a topic for another day. In cases like this, nobody should play the victim when denied such demands.Just my opinion!
Is Hajiya Zainab Ibrahim Kuchi from the Niger Delta area?
You guys are fond of dropping assertions like Boko bombs, recklessly. For what exactly? To get some likes?

Nigeria is clearly a hoax. #timeBomb
Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by san316(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
scachy:
[s][/s]
I wonder how we ll achieve one Nigeria with this type of comments coming from d likes of u. What is hard to understand that we r in a democracy where people had d right to vote for any candidate of their choice during am election based on their political conviction without been blamed or regarded as second class citizens in their own country simply because they exercise their franchise?
Wat is difficult to understand that any candidate vying for any elective political post has areas of higher no.of voters n low no.of voters?
What's so difficult to understand that there must be people who ll not vote for u n as a leader n u r expected to carry everybody along regardless?
Pls be civil when addressing national issues or read others comments. Don't speak out of proportion to ignite hate n unhealthy comments.
God bless Nigeria
it is not the issue of NOT voting that we are talking about. The things these people said and did when the electioneering was on. That a aboki will NEVER rule Nigeria. That northerners are claiming born to rule etc.so how can they make claims. You should know that igbos are the last people that wane "one Nigeria" if not we wont be hearing of Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Just keep your mouth close forever.
i am not igbo, its igbos that will have their mouths close forever grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Ezigbo nsogbu diiri ndi choro nsogbu. I guess we may have to pay for our political miscalculations. Anyone who rejected a particular party the way we Ndi Igbo did, is generally asking for trouble. It's unfair to APC for us to turn around and start making series of demands. grin
this is your only post that has ever made sense to me. nice one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Chuka Umunna Shows Off His Girlfriend For First Time (photos) / Atiku Will Be Next President Of Nigeria In 2019 – Prophet / "Why Igbo Man Can Never Be Nigeria’s President" – Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.