Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (45657 Views)

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Sheriff19: 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
lisimmo:
That's okay. At least the cry of "na only us get oil" will reduce.
some pple will claim the our the one that brought Oil to Lagos. Just wait and see( the IGBO gUYS
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by erico2k2(m): 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
bakynes:

Norway has oil sharing the North Sea with the Uk and has 0-5% poverty level, highest human development index in the world and is relatively very peaceful.
Well I live in the UK, did you see the protest going on regards fracking in the UK?The people in that region are strongly against any sort of Oil exploration in their backyard, and as for Norway,they operate offshore go and check, the major damage is done On shore.These blessings ie OIL fuels greed, and greed leads to destruction,marginalization,oppression etc
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by erico2k2(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
Sheriff19:
some pple will claim the our the one that brought Oil to Lagos. Just wait and see( the IGBO gUYS
When will people like you realize Igbo land has no oil the can shout about?this how most of you think GEJ was IGBO
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by erico2k2(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
Adeyinka12:
you are getting it wrong,because those igbos will say they generate almost 70% to 80% nigeria gdp from oil.so what are you now telling me
Name 4 Igbo states that produce Oil plz? lets test you Nigerian geography skills./knowledge
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by ayusco85(m): 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
seunfly:

That mining is the key, we could have made twice of what we are making in crude oil in minning especially iron ore mining and steel processing.

iron ore mining isnt that lucrative. one tonne goes for between 15-25k.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by ayusco85(m): 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Something tells me Nigeria could be sitting on a bigger reserve than we are being made to believe. Who knows? Sokoto could be next!

sokoto (sokoto or illumeden basin), gombe (upper benue trough), maiduguri (borno basin), benue (benue trough), niger (bida basin) all in the north are capable or hosting oil. proper prospecting need to be done. geologically they are viable for oil generation
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by ayusco85(m): 11:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
olawalepopoola:
I am a geologist and I had always told people that there is no way you will find oil in Niger Delta and Ghana and you'll will find it in Lagos! Now we Yorubas have it all! Land, water, oil, mineral resources and intellectual!

thats not enough reason mr man. whr did u studied ur geology from? do u know what the petroleum systems are?
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by dekins: 1:11am On Apr 17, 2015
If this is true we are thankful to God! God so blessed Nigeria with diverse resources- agriculture, oil and gas, and minerals in every Nigerian state.You can read more about Nigeria mineral resources by each state in the article "How Nigeria Can Remain Africa's Largest Economy With Oil or No Oil" at [url]http://www.classify24.com/how-nigeria-can-remain-africa-largest-economy-nigeria-beyond-oil [/url]
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Ababadada: 2:49am On Apr 17, 2015
Please don't call Niger Delta because of your meager oil.... Come and see oil well in my grandpa lands that have not drilling not to talk of a whole community. I heard of that Lagos oil since 2011 that production will start 2012. You are there running mouth blabla because of 10000 bpd. I pity na
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by Dunvegan(m): 5:43am On Apr 17, 2015
This is interesting.
It's amazing how people here are confidently confirming and disputing the presence of oil in Lagos . If you have not completed a comprehensive exploratory program of the area, you cannot tell for sure.

It won't be strange to find oil in Lagos (infact I believe in its occurrence there) but then comes the question of whether it is economical or not.

I'm sure these guys will do a thorough job to confirm what they're getting into before they sink all that money downhole.

Having read some comments here, I will like to say that,
- 'Coastlines' do not translate to hydrocarbon reserves (or resources)
- Bitumen in Ondo does not necessarily migrate and become Oil in Lagos (migration is not that simple)
- Having oil in the Niger Delta and Ghana does not mean Lagos has oil too, they are completely different petroleum provinces with different structural histories; besides, it takes only a few hundred meters (not to mention 1000 km) to go from a gusher to a beautiful dry hole.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by babestella: 8:14am On Apr 17, 2015
10,000 bpd is an economic suicide in oil exploration. There are oil wells with over 300,000 bpd & you guys are here ranting because of 10,000 bpd.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by tonychristopher: 9:00am On Apr 17, 2015
meracool:

Am not a Yoruba guy am an Egun. Awori..
A Lagos Indigene

Wait a minute ..do u want me to believe that egun awori are not Yoruba ...why do yoruba claim them ....pls answer . This rumours have been on for years
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2015
The aim of the first phase is to produce 10,000 barrels per day of oil from two target wells in the Oil Mining Lease 113 area. A re-entry of Aje-4 will form the first producer, while drilling of Aje-5 is expected to be the second.

How are Nigerian journalists recruited because the kinda garbage they churn out these days is alarming, a proposed 10,000bbls still at exploratory stage is what is making the news? Lagos presently is wealthier than the 13% derivative even without the oil, what is "set" about the news is what I dont understand.

“We believe that this development is good for Nigeria generally because our reserves base has not increased over the years as expected, because the international oil companies are not ready to invest since the Petroleum Industry Bill has not been passed,” an elated Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Lagos State, Mr. Taofiq Tijani, told our correspondent.

And who told you this nonsense you dumb fvck!!

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-to-join-oil-producing-states-in-2015/[/quote]
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2015
Ayomidegbenga1:

don't also forget that ondo state is having large deposit of bitumen in commercial quantity as a matter of fact is the second largest in the world!

OLodo, kindly refund your school fees!!
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2015
Dunvegan:
This is interesting.
It's amazing how people here are confidently confirming and disputing the presence of oil in Lagos . If you have not completed a comprehensive exploratory program of the area, you cannot tell for sure.

It won't be strange to find oil in Lagos (infact I believe in its occurrence there) but then comes the question of whether it is economical or not.

I'm sure these guys will do a thorough job to confirm what they're getting into before they sink all that money downhole.

- Bitumen in Ondo does not necessarily migrate and become Oil in Lagos (migration is not that simple)
- Having oil in the Niger Delta and Ghana does not mean Lagos has oil too, they are completely different petroleum provinces with different structural histories; besides, it takes only a few hundred meters (not to mention 1000 km) to go from a gusher to a beautiful dry hole.

The reporter is an olodo who has succeeded in exciting his fellow olodo!! do you really know what Bitumen is??
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by dawtune(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2015
Dunvegan:
This is interesting.

Lagos is under the Dahomey Basin, so there is enough possibility that there could be oil in Lagos... Geophysical investigation have been conducted and there are presence of oil stains .. Read this
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by dawtune(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2015
dawtune:
Lagos is under the Dahomey Basin, so there is enough possibility that there could be oil in Lagos... Geophysical investigation has been conducted and there are presence of oil stains .. Read this
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/oil-discovered-in-lagos
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by dawtune(m): 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
jpphilips:

The reporter is an olodo who have succeeded in exciting his fellow olodo!! do you really know what Bitumen is??
Well, I won't trade words with you in a public forum.. I'm telling you what many people don't know..
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by dawtune(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Dunvegan:
This is interesting.

Dahomey basin extends to Southeastern Ghana, Togo, Lagos and it is a known petroleum province..
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by omonnakoda: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
babestella:
10,000 bpd is an economic suicide in oil exploration. There are oil wells with over 300,000 bpd & you guys are here ranting because of 10,000 bpd.
oil well with 300000 bpd where are they ,Onitsha main market?Na earthquake?. If you keep quiet no one will know how ignorant you are

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by IshaqAyinde(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
dis same oyel is said to be discovered somewhere in Kwara state sometime ago. D brag of dis rotten mouth ss/se pple abooy ''our oyel!, our oyel!!'' will reduce

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by meracool(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
tonychristopher:

Wait a minute ..do u want me to believe that egun awori are not Yoruba ...why do yoruba claim them ....pls answer . This rumours have been on for years

The Awori's came from ile Ife a very long time ago so they're the first settlers in Lagos due to there love for fishing...
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by tonychristopher: 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
meracool:

The Awori's came from ile Ife a very long time ago so they're the first settlers in Lagos due to there love for fishing...

ok na
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by tonychristopher: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
well why do some claim they aint yoruba and does it mean that all yoruba comes from ife, ife must have been extremely populated, but i have not scene archeological facts pointing towards that heritage, all i hear is fables like oduduwa falling from sky with fowl in one hand and chain or sometime

it doesnt make sense to my 6 yr old girl
##

meracool:

Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by dawtune(m): 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
Petroleum prospecting is an art. It requires combining and blending many geologic variables in varying proportions, since each pool, field, or province is characterized by a unique combination of many different geologic conditions.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by jpphilips(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
dawtune:
Well, I won't trade words with you in a public forum.. I'm telling you what many people don't know..

Go and hide!!
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by dawtune(m): 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
jpphilips:

Go and hide!!
lol, like I said, I won't trade words with you....
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by erico2k2(m): 12:04am On Apr 19, 2015
Mayydayy:
finally we can say.Everybody has "oyel"
Guy relax, rain fall Drum nor gree full nah come Dew?
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by babestella: 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
omonnakoda:
oil well with 300000 bpd where are they ,Onitsha main market?Na earthquake?. If you keep quiet no one will know how ignorant you are

Who is this one?, if you are so knowledgable about your Lagos oil, you'll know your 10kbpd is even at an exploratory and proposal level. Quit your rants and get the economic dynamic around oil exploration and you'll understand why it still at the proposal level, 'set to'. Let's wait until production is commenced.
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by omonnakoda: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
babestella:

Who is this one?, if you are so knowledgable about your Lagos oil, you'll know your 10kbpd is even at an exploratory and proposal level. Quit your rants and get the economic dynamic around oil exploration and you'll understand why it still at the proposal level, 'set to'. Let's wait until production is commenced.
Shut up ! Mumu,Tell where to find these 300000 bpd oil wells ,Are thein Hoomgbidee or Hoonaywee
Re: Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 by babestella: 8:06am On Apr 20, 2015
omonnakoda:
Shut up ! Mumu,Tell where to find these 300000 bpd oil wells ,Are thein Hoomgbidee or Hoonaywee

Get lost baboon, deal with your 10,000 bpd in your dreams. You are the biggest fool on the internet to believe there are no oils wells with 300,000 bpd production capacity. S1lly fool.

Read:
OPL 246 was awarded to SAPETRO, a company owned by General Theophilus Danjuma, by Sanni Abacha in 1998. Akpo condensate exports about 300,000 barrels of crude daily.

ASUOKPU/UMUTU marginal oil fields is operated by Seplat Petroleum. Seplat is owned by Prince Nasiru Ado Bayero, cousin to the Central Bank Governor Lamido Sanusi. This oil field has the capacity of 300,000 barrels of oil daily. This translates to $30million dollars daily at average benchmark of $100 dollars per barrel. Deducting all sundry taxes, royalties etc , this field can yield $12billion dollars daily for the owners .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, IRT Police Team In Disarray Over Igp Promotion After Evans’ Arrest / Omoyele Sowore Harassed At Abuja Airport For Filming (Video) / Army Currently Repelling Attack By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.