Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) (24306 Views)

Two Nairalanders Look Forward To April 8th... / Counter Thread - How To Spot Broke Girls Trying Too Hard To Impress. / Counter Thread:how A White Vs How A Naija Guy Ask For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

I am not partial.

The End.
We both know this is a complete fallacy...
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by zicoraads: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
mizzsmilez:
he didn't do all that.
Its shyte, its my shyte.
Whats your shyte?
Sitting around with bored wives?
And xynerize, good isn't in the same league with better or best.
Good in this context, is relative. He didn't do all that.

Many of the oldbies have become so self absorbed.
Once upon a time they used to say thrash about family section being filled with old, bored wives.
Now the newbies have started rolling in the hay with their boytoys, they ran back to catch the late night gossip with these same set of people at the family section.
The oldbies are at fault, really.
If they hadn't been so full of themselves, this section wouldn't be like this.
They complain about the youngies setting silly threads, yet they don't have any to compare it with.
Let them be!
Stay in your family section!
You butted out, stay the [b]Fvck
out[/b].
grin grin grin grin

Them don ban Orijin101? Give this lady a crate!

The 'oldies' should stop whining like little sissies and stay out of the kitchen.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Hahahaha! Na until dem host send-off for you before you go gree comot for barrack ba? I feel you,brother! grin grin
grin. I deserve am na
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Oahray: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hmmm... See claims and counter claims na. Everyone is so eager to blame the next man smiley

Xynerise, if you have explained what the game would be like, I think I missed it. I'm very interested. I no fit for talk that would go unimplemented. Words should be golden.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
Akinsadeez, drop the link to the thread and the link to the article.

Drop It Like It's Hot...
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Ishilove: 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
Borrussia:
We both know this is a complete fallacy...
Opinions are like anus'; everyone's got them.

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by daveP(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
The nucleus of this...

INSULTs- i just dont know why some just feel that replying an insult thrown their way makes the problem solved. What happened to the "silence is golden" mentality? Sure not all have that kind of patience, but it does earn you a respect you may later find out about.

I followed 3-4 monikers(now deactivated) cos they just didnt reply insults at all. At the end the thread's chances of derailing is reduced to minute. But now, i think im yet to understand the new amusement in responding. Some involve father and mother. Nah....

Derailer's- I've been guilty of this before, most of us giving advice(s) here are too. We see a topic which to our opinion, doesnt "make sense" and gbam, we flow away, calling Crew ijapa and crew oshokomole to come do "damage". Then the mods now have alot of hiding to do. It doesnt need to look that way. If you have nothing to offer, view and move on.

I remember derailers paradise. Page 615 in just a week. It helped a lil.

Advice seekers- a thread is opened and we can know from the way the OP types that this is perhaps a "Mockery" or "lemme see jare" thread. The write-ups are ALWAYS short, topic so trasht, irrelevant and rag-deserving(see this, see that, she did this, he did that) and like attracts likes.

Reason the oldbies have a point here is cos when some seeked advice, they got a 75% positive response(s) unlike now where the ftc changes the rudder and the OP is forgotten. Mr and Miss popular are guilty of this ofttimes.

2 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
Oahray:
Hmmm... See claims and counter claims na. Everyone is so eager to blame the next man smiley

Xynerise, if you have explained what the game would be like, I think I missed it. I'm very interested. I no fit for talk that would go unimplemented. Words should be golden.
My brother, that contest is my priority before all these quarrels I dey see here grin

Are you talking about the "You think you know your favourite Nairalander" contest?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
akinsadeez:

Thank you for this. That particular thread was actually on frontpage and I was baffled. A mod created a thread about guys with cute smiles and voila, it was on front page. Yet sensible threads languish in the 'guantanamo bay' of the romance section. There should be a way of sanctioning d mods who believe every thread they create no matter how intellectually bereft has to be on front page.

However I dont believe we can ever have a solution to that. Few weeks ago, someone queried Se.un about the sensibility of a particular thread that was on front page. To my surprise Se.un replied by telling the person to look at the traffic that that topic generated and he actually quoted some figures. Basically Nairaland needs to get higher in the Alexa rankings and Se.un is all about the traffic right now. Whether the topic makes sense or not, once it can generate traffic its all well and good..

~ S.eun would never listen to you.
He has been advised severally but he prefers traffic and making money to making money and at the same time having prestige ...
We can't tell him how to run his business

He should rename this site - www.TontoDikeh.com ..

I thought what happened to Linda Ikeji was a lesson to all bloggers that Quality is better than Quantity and glamour ..
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Opinions are like anus'; everyone's got them.
A little learning is a dangerous thing.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Personally I think the solution lies in the hands of the mods of Romance section.
I do see people traduce a particular mod, and I have to give it to her, she is trying her best to maintain sanity here.

Too many dumb/repeated topics_ Yes, we all need the fun sometimes, but moderation is key in every: fun inclusive.

Derailers, trolls etc:-
Sorry to sound rude, the only thread you won't find derailed in Romance section is that which is above their intellect. They tactically avoid such threads. In the absence of that, give them 5minutes and they turn that thread to a sumo-wrestling ground for throwing e-tantrums or better still, a whatsapp group where they chat.

This still falls back to the mods.
In all, the change we need starts from every single person.
Exactly! Thought-provoking threads hardly get a comment more than a page.

That's why I'll never create a thread on this section except if it's FP worthy.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
mizzsmilez:
don't insult your elders.
They are easily pained.
Quit being sarcastic. No one is pained, I am not pained. No let me slap you o grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
No one would eventually be awarded; talkless of getting rewarded.
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by akinsadeez(m): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Please can you give me the link to this article?

This is the link to the original article.

http://threelegals.com/index.php/home/k2-tags/opinion/item/291-7-reasons-why-you-should-date-a-lawyer

You will notice that the article was written on march 23rd and it was written by the senior partner of a lawfirm. (emphasis on written)

this is the word for word recreation of d thread on nairaland on march 24 without a link back to the original site.

https://www.nairaland.com/2213564/7-reasons-should-date-lawyer

My simple question was and still is, is d guy who copied and pasted it on nairaland the same senior partner of whiskers law firm who wrote d article on march 23rd. I very very very very much doubt that. If he is d same person, den case closed without rancour. If he is not, why copy and paste and even dedicate d article as if he created it himself.

funny enough I saw d article again on some blogs but they all linked back to Nairaland not d original site.

2 Likes

Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by mizzsmilez(f): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
xynerise:

#clears throat.

So where were we? grin
how's the debate going to make these cools kids learn old tricks?
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Dygeasy(m): 8:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
I got mentions and they're hidden... Ishilove bia, person yab me? grin
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by xynerise: 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
mizzsmilez:
how's the debate going to make these cools kids learn old tricks?
The purpose of the debate is not for them to learn old tricks but to grow up upstairs in relationship and marital issues
Re: Romance Section Reunion Thread (how To Move The Section Forward) by Dygeasy(m): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
Vickybee:

Exactly! Thought-provoking threads hardly get a comment more than a page.

That's why I'll never create a thread on this section except if it's FP worthy.
It's not up to you to decide FP-Worthy threads. They do and It just sucks a lot of times being on even NL homepage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2017.. Guys Who Do You Think Deserves The Crown? / Top 10 Male Nairalanders With The Cutest Smiles! / Ladies: Why Are You Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.