Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? (7548 Views)

El-rufai: Some Jonathan Appointees Were Replaced After My Memo / Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by sCun: 9:34am On Apr 17, 2015
I didn't say Gbawe's posts I dug up proved that he didn't support GEH after he won, I was just amazed at how rightly he predicted the turn out of events and at the same time wondering why he suddenly abandoned his own prophecies. Gbawe boldly and correctly predicted in 2011 that GEJ's government will be sabotaged by the north through various means, but if you dare suggest that even in 2013 (just 2 years after the prediction) Gbawe will be the first to shout you down.
How often do you see a prophet disown his won prophecy just when it begins to manifest?
What could have been the reason for that?
He wrote something that struck me greatly..
We saw how many in the North maintained a "damned if you do damned if you don't " relationship with OBJ . It is likely to be worse for GEJ
Isn't that exactly how it turned out?
GEJ fights boko haram, he is termed anti-north by Buhari, accused of genocide by Nyako and dragged to ICC by northern elders for human rights abuse.
GEJ pampers boko haram, he is called weak and clueless by the same people.
This is what Gbawe rightly predicted, but if you dare suggest it today he will be the first to vehemently shout you down.
Doesn't anyone else find it strange?
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
who were doz giving doz vote?was it the moslims?it was ppl like me who voted Gej in 2011 in Niger state but gat to run home to the East in 2015 coz of fear of election violence.doz who stayed back in the north could'nt come out to vote coz either coz of the fear of a fanatical Hausa moslim whos ready to take his own life if Gej won.the minority vote Gej got up north were from the Christian indegings who muster enough courage to go out and vote.

. . . . . . . . . .one would have thought the Lagos episode would have given you a lesson but alas!! . . . . . . . . .lets just say you discredit the core northern votes, what would you say about Benue, Kogi etc? . . . . . . . . . . .Jonathan lost votes because he failed woefully

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by theV0ice: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2015
sCun:
I didn't say Gbawe's posts I dug up proved that he didn't support GEH after he won, I was just amazed at how rightly he predicted the turn out of events and at the same time wondering why he suddenly abandoned his own prophecies. Gbawe boldly and correctly predicted in 2011 that GEJ's government will be sabotaged by the north through various means, but if you dare suggest that even in 2013 (just 2 years after the prediction) Gbawe will be the first to shout you down.
How often do you see a prophet disown his won prophecy just when it begins to manifest?

GEJ fights boko haram, he is termed anti-north by Buhari, accused of genocide by Nyako and dragged to ICC by northern elders for human rights abuse.
This is what Gbawe rightly predicted, but if you dare suggest it today he will be the first to vehemently shout you down.

And how many times did you see OBJ, his wife, his spokesmen, his close allies etc come out to use that card of 'northern gang up' against buhari in 2003? How many times did u find obj use that line as a defence against critics? How many times did obj come out to say the north was against him?

If GMB starts using 'expected SS hostility' to him as an excuse to under perform, he'll simply sound the death knell on his presidency because a leader should find a way to succeed not look for excuses to explain away failure.

Thank God GMB isn't known for avoiding responsibility. How many times have you heard him avoid taking responsibility for all his past actions? Even when you guys painted him as a devil?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by theV0ice: 9:53am On Apr 17, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . .one would have thought the Lagos episode would have given you a lesson but alas!! . . . . . . . . .lets just say you discredit the core northern votes, what would you say about Benue, Kogi etc? . . . . . . . . . . .Jonathan lost votes because he failed woefully

Exactly. This is the exact thing I told an Igbo friend 2 days ago.

Let's assume the north didn't like Jonathan at all, hence his poor showing. How does anyone explain GMB, a Fulani Muslim defeating Jonathan, a christian in Benue state (predominantly Catholic) with natives that are believed to dislike Fulani muslims and a governor that is one of the staunchest and fanatical supporters of gej?

Anybody who doubts the fact that nigetians wanted a change should study the votes in Benue state.....he'll get his answers
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by sCun: 9:55am On Apr 17, 2015
theV0ice:

And how many times did you see OBJ, his wife, his spokesmen, his close allies etc come out to use that card of 'northern gang up' against buhari in 2003? How many times did u find obj use that line as a defence against critics? How many times did obj come out to say the north was against him?

If GMB starts using 'expected SS hostility' to him as an excuse to under perform, he'll simply sound the death knell on his presidency because a leader should find a way to succeed not look for excuses to explain away failure.

Thank God GMB isn't known for avoiding responsibility. How many times have you heard him avoid taking responsibility for all his past actions? Even when you guys painted him as a devil?

This does not in any way address any of the points I raised.
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Ezemust: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2015
tbaba1234:

You can not get 400,000 votes in Katsina or 300,000 votes in sokoto without significant muslims voting for you. GEJ won Kwara which is majority muslim state.
des notin like moslim vote.u guys stay down west and think up Nigeria as u like.for example,Niger state is not an Hausa state.it's made up of different tribes who are mostly christians or primitive traditional worshipers.this is so in almost all the northern states.most of the state the Hausa dominate are not own by them.as long as it's in the north they claim it.so u should knw dat this northern minorities can give a great number of vote if the settings is right.so i still stand to tell u dat the ppl never voted out gej but the west soppurted northern moslims in their quest.northern christian cant believe till today dat a pastor in Osibanjo can help northern moslims in dia couse
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by tbaba1234: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
des notin like moslim vote.u guys stay down west and think up Nigeria as u like.for example,Niger state is not an Hausa state.it's made up of different tribes who are mostly christians or primitive traditional worshipers.this is so in almost all the northern states.most of the state the Hausa dominate are not own by them.as long as it's in the north they claim it.so u should knw dat this northern minorities can give a great number of vote if the settings is right.so i still stand to tell u dat the ppl never voted out gej but the west soppurted northern moslims in their quest.northern christian cant believe till today dat a pastor in Osibanjo can help northern moslims in dia couse

I never mentioned Niger.
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by theV0ice: 10:07am On Apr 17, 2015
sCun:

This does not in any way address any of the points I raised.

Of course it did. We all know the northern establishment or Kaduna mafia has always liked power. It didn't start today but GMB can't be considered a true member of that power cult same way OBJ can't be considered a Yoruba regional politician. The northern poor are the bedrock of the fanatical support GMB enjoys in the north, not the elite or the power mongers. They're all in PDP and they threatened gej in 2011. Interestingly the same man who made the threat of Nigeria being made ungovernable for gej is Lawal Kaita, a man GMB jailed in 1984 for fraud and who is now a PDP bot member and gej till 2019 campaigner.

Also You're accusing gbawe of predicting northern hostility but the man at least proffered ways gej could succeed inspite of it because he truly cares about Nigeria. You and your friends have also been prophesying doom and SS&SE hostility for GMB without advicing on how you think he can override the storm to better the lot of the country. What is more important to you? GEJ winning an election or Nigeria moving forward?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Ezemust: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2015
tbaba1234:

I never mentioned Niger.
it was an example mr Buhari
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by theV0ice: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:

Who voted buhari in Benue state? Is it the Muslims too?
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Ezemust: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2015
theV0ice:

Who voted buhari in Benue state? Is it the Muslims too?
one can not win in all place all the time.this is democracy.Benue had dia grivance with the pdp led state government and they vented dia anger against the pdp presidential candidate.after all it was still a closs call
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by theV0ice: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
one can not win in all place all the time.this is democracy.Benue had dia grivance with the pdp led state government and they vented dia anger against the pdp presidential candidate.after all it was still a closs call

I've not seeing a state where the inhabitants hate their PDP governor as much as abia state yet buhari scored less than 10% there. How do you explain that?

Also concerning the bold. If you truly believe it, why are u bitter GEJ lost? Is he expected to win everytime? Or you've assumed buhari must not win? Is it no longer democracy because GMB won?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by obailala(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2015
sCun:
April 19 2011
The Gbawe guy out of hypocrisy will not agree with this today, but he was damn right.

What a prophet!
barcanista see my last 2 posts.
From the posts you quoted, I think Gbawe stands to be seriously vindicated

Gbawe:

Please what "hypocrisy" are you talking about? Even these posts you dug up shows I was entirely honest when I say I got behind GEJ and wished him well and even gave advice on how I thought he could succeed despite not supporting his candidacy. I even gave my own little contribution as per what I felt GEJ must do, given that he had offended so many and needed to get Nigerians on his side. Go on confess to us whether GEJ led Nigeria for ordinary Nigerians or if he made his Presidency about abetting the "born to rule " elements from the North in his own Party who vowed to make life difficult for him as I warned he must not do. Amosun has just shown that if you get the ordinary man behind you then you stand a chance of overcoming.

I am glad you dug these posts up so Nairalanders can see I predicted it would not be easy for GEJ yet suggested precisely what I felt he shoud do to succeed. Non of which GEJ did to the point I can now say "the rest is history". If only haters of Buhari, if they have the progress of Nigeria in mind as I did, can take an example from my post below and offer their honest and heartfelt advice to the President-elect instead of only announcing he will fail. At least I mentioned what I thought GEJ should do. He did not do those things so I stand vindicated when I say GEJ squandered the goodwill many, including those who did not support him in 2011, g=had for him after he won the general election.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by tbaba1234: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
it was an example mr Buhari

Sokoto is an example
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Ezemust: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2015
theV0ice:

I've not seeing a state where the inhabitants hate their PDP governor as much as abia state yet buhari scored less than 10% there. How do you explain that?
Abia is part of jonathan strong hold,des difference from strong hold and deciding ground.even if apc govmnt still all the money in Kano Buhari will still win de anyday.but u cant say so of Lagos for example
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Ezemust: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2015
tbaba1234:

Sokoto is an example
look de r as many church in Sokoto as de r as many mosque
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by theV0ice: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
Abia is part of jonathan strong hold,des difference from strong hold and deciding ground.even if apc govmnt still all the money in Kano Buhari will still win de anyday.but u cant say so of Lagos for example

Which is why those who know will tell you Jonathan didn't lose the elections in the north......he lost it in the north central and most importantly.....the south west. Unfortunately you and others didn't feel the SW was important until elections were postponed when gej practically relocated govt to SW

The same SW and Northcentral voted for him in 2011. Why? Because they all including I assumed he was going to be different but he proved us wrong by supporting the creation of more cabals........sadly.

Also, since you believe in the idea of stronghold, why accuse the north for voting their own? When abia did exactly same?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Ezemust: 10:41am On Apr 17, 2015
theV0ice:

Which is why those who know will tell you Jonathan didn't lose the elections in the north......he lost it in the north central and most importantly.....the south west. Unfortunately you and others didn't feel the SW was important.

The same SW and Northcentral voted for him in 2011. Why? Because they all including I assumed he was going to be different but he proved us wrong by supporting the creation of more cabals........sadly.
see story.no mata wat gej would have don for south west,as soon as Tinubu brought apc and Osibanjo the yoruba will still choose dia own
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by theV0ice: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
see story.no mata wat gej would have don for south west,as soon as Tinubu brought apc and Osibanjo the yoruba will still choose dia own

Which they didn't choose with bakare in 2011? Do you know how many times gej, PDP, your friends online told us gej will trounce GMB in the SW because osinbajo is a lightweight and tinubu is a spent force?

If gej knew this and you knew Yoruba would always vote their own, why did gej waste 6 weeks begging and pleading with the SW? Wasn't that a very unwise decision and action?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Scatterboss(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Firefire:

Scatterboss,

Are you sure of this? how did you know? Is this not a propaganda ?

Fear God ooooooooooooo

I am very sure. I can send you a screen munch, its one of your tanoid friend. Na jeje i sit down when he send me mail asking for sumtin, wont talk much on that sha. I wish you well broda.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by obi4eze(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2015
omenka:
See that urchin up there with no honour whatsoever talking about people crying. So amusing. You will always keep begging for "money for fuel" from your colleagues at work and people you "meet on skype" as long as you live. A lot of folks don't know you, but some of us do.

You are just lucky I don't have an alternate moniker, I would have exposed your sorry asss for the bum you are.
I have told him to shut up, read sensible comments on this forum and 'borrow' some sense since he has lost his. He should learn from his master's failure but he doesn't want to.
A more shameful disgrace awaits him soon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by tbaba1234: 10:48am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
look de r as many church in Sokoto as de r as many mosque

It does not account for the close run race in 2011,
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by obi4eze(m): 10:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Gbawe:

If you are honest with yourself, you will see all I advised GEJ not to do, because it would be detrimental to his Presidency, is al he was interested in doing. Everything I suggested he does, revolving mainly around leading for ordinary Nigerians and getting them on his side, he rejected. Amosun survived and overcame a vicious political gang-up because he delivered for the ordinary people and they did not abandon him in his time of need. Did GEJ do that despite being a very lucky chap placed far above his station?

Did GEJ even show gratitude or lend a listening ear to all who agitated to get him sworn in when Turai Yar Adua hijacked the Presidency? What Nairaland can see with these post is proof I am totally about the progress of Nigeria to the extent I gave commonsensical advice to a President I did not believe in yet wanted to succeed for the sake of my Country. Perhaps you and others can learn from that i.e focusing on what matters most , which is the progress of Nigeria, rather than obsessing about individual leaders who come and go while Nigeria still remains.

Do you not see how I warned GEJ that he should not think his "divine emergence" is enough and he must match that with integrity, utmost bravery and unflinching political will before Nigerians start seeing through him thus losing him goodwill and destroying the whole 'goodluck' divinity Nigerians were obsessed with back then? Jonathan would have probably had a better Presidency shunning the Okupes and Omokris of the world to listen to the commonsense advice from ordinary Nigerians he chose to turn his back on.

1 billion likes
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Scatterboss(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:

Bros, give up. You keep shifting the goal post when presented with facts. He lost cos he performed woefully, Simple.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by obi4eze(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2015
I keep saying that Buhari's administration will prove to us that GEJ is the worst civilian President we have ever had. We have been saying it but the proof will manifest from May 29.

The tanoids are so bitter and instead of venting their anger on Jonathan they transfer it to Buhari as if he was the one in charge of Jonathan's government.

They should just go and sleep and by the time they wake up, Nigeria would be better than it is now.

We are not interested in personal gain but in a Nigeria that our children will enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by obailala(m): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2015
Ezemust:
stop dat trash.which ppl wanted him gone?the North never sopurted Gej in 2011.the Yoruba just coz the have Osibanjo as vp gang up with the north to remove gej.pls stop saying the ppl

Continue deceiving yourself!... Just continue to deceive yourself at your age. You will soon tell me if the Yorubas don't have a right to vote for whomever they want. In 2011, the Yorubas gave GEJ over 60% of their votes. They even abandoned their own ACN and massively supported GEJ but Buhari didn't cry about a gang-up.

Fast-forward to 4 years later, a combination of his gross ineptitude, weakness, incompetence and an unprecedented love for corruption and corrupt people (which ONLY the SE and SS people could not see), the SW decided to give Buhari 60% of their support (take note, 40% of the SW still blindly voted for GEJ in this 2015 election even though your likes have blindly refused to acknowledge this). Yet as a sorry loser whose only sense of direction is tribalism and clannishness, you come out here to spit trash and accuse someone of a gang-up.

You say the SW supported Buhari this time because of Osinbajo, but isn't this a clear sign that your hate and crass clannishness has eroded your sense of reasoning and history?... You will soon tell me whether Pastor Babatunde Gbolahan Bakare of the Buhari-Bakare fame in 2011 is also from the north.

You say the north never supported Jonathan in 2011 but yet Jonathan got 8million votes in the north in 2011 as against the silly 390,000 votes which Buhari got in the entire south (SW, SS and SE combined).

Once again, continue to deceive and make a fool of yourself in public. It is just unfortunate that a lot of people like you populate the SS and SE and arguments like yours always makes me feel embarrassed being from the region

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by atlwireles: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2015
[s]
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . .deal with it, history will record GEJ as one of the worst democratically elected leaders to come out of Africa . . . . . . . . . . . . .the Nigerian State was the loser like you said, but it was because we had a loser President . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .the men from the worthless regions you so despise will be the men that will put Nigeria back on the map . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .GEJ had his chance, he blew it . . . . . . . . . .and it's to HELL WITH THOSE SORE LOSERS . . . . . . . . . . . . .you can only but wish for Buhari to fail, and wishes aint reality!!
[/s]
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Firefire(m): 11:18am On Apr 17, 2015
Scatterboss:

I am very sure. I can send you a screen munch, its one of your tanoid friend. Na jeje i sit down when he send me mail asking for sumtin, wont talk much on that sha. I wish you well broda.

Are you by any chance related to Lie Mohammed ? undecided

I am very sure you are lying and don't forget all liars... cheesy

We are in the era of CHANGE, try and Change small biko, tomorrow may be too late.

cheers!
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Gbawe: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2015
sCun:
I didn't say Gbawe's posts I dug up proved that he didn't support GEH after he won, I was just amazed at how rightly he predicted the turn out of events and at the same time wondering[b] why he suddenly abandoned his own prophecies. Gbawe boldly and correctly predicted in 2011 that GEJ's government will be sabotaged by the north through various means, but if you dare suggest that even in 2013 (just 2 years after the prediction) Gbawe will be the first to shout you down.[/b]

My guy, stop this show of dishonesty. I always say what I mean and mean what I say. What prophecies have I abandoned? Of course the Northern hawks , specifically from the PDP, helped to bring GEJ down as I predicted. They never stopped undermining and betraying him as I predicted would be the case. Yet if you look at my past post you will discern a pragmatic approach based on the reality of Nigeria. I warned that GEJ must shun the hawks and "born to rule" from the North who did nothing for him in his time of need. He must not appease those elements because you can never please those sort. They are like our own Adedibu in the SW i.e oppressive-minded throwbacks who love controlling Nigeria and her wealth/lofty positions while they remain unable to compromise and totally disinterested in deferring to the democratic authority of others.

I stated unequivocally that Jonathan should embrace and empower modern and progress-minded Northerners like Col.Umar, Nuhu Ribadu and even Buhari who spoke in defence of Jonathan's right to contest when the "born to rule" rose against him. I wonder what manner of mischievous obstinacy makes you oblivious to the aspect of my posts where I suggested solutions GEJ must embrace only for you to be focusing on "prophecies" alone.

I know Nigeria well and I never deceive myself. I am not a sentimental person by nature and believe in working with the reality of things. Did I ever tell you or anyone else the North is full of angels? Have I claimed such of the SW either? It is others who glorify in touting themselves "holier than thou" and better than others so I always leave them to their delusion whereas the reality is that all regions have good and bad eggs that must be empowered and neutralised respectively.

My consistent argument is that Nigeria will develop if we make the North about the Ribadus, the El-Rufai, the Buharis, the Tambuwals, the Col.Umar et al. In short the right Northerners. Likewise I have stated that the SW will be a great deal better if the region rejected the Alao-Akalas, the Adedibus, the Obanikoros et al to embrace their Fasholas, their Amosuns, their Ajimobi et al. When we warned GEJ to take cognisance of this very important rule did he acquiesce? No !!! Big NO !!!! GEJ went about empowering the wrong sort of Northerners, South easterners, South Southerner and South Westerners !!!! In the SW GEJ was all about the Obanikoros, the Fayoses, the Adesiyans, the Teslim Folarins, the Omisores et al. In short GEJ supported and uplifted cads. He did the same throughout Nigeria and could not even spare his own region of origin where former illiterate killers and militant bosses were transformed into billionaires. Yet you are here trying indict Gbawe of hypocrisy which only exists in your imagination. Fact is that I predicted what would happen and stated how GEJ could avoid such to make his Presidency a success. Blame GEJ for doing the opposite of what was required and stop this childish obsession with trying to 'trip me up'.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Truckpusher(m): 11:19am On Apr 17, 2015
Firefire:

We are in the era of CHANGE, try and Change small biko, tomorrow may be too late.

cheers!
They have the same degree in Lienology. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by atlwireles: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2015
tbaba1234:

In 2011, Jonathan was loved by most. by 2015, most Nigerians wanted him gone. The simple reason is most were dissatisfied with his performance. If a government's work is impacting the majority, it does not matter what opposition parties say, the ordinary people will rally round the president.

GEJ made too many intolerable blunders.

You will have your chance to rally around your president till 2019. Just allow us play the same role people like you played, during the previous administration.
Re: Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? by Scatterboss(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2015
Firefire:

cheers!

Give me permission to post the screenshot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ease Of Doing Business: Nigeria Moves Up 15 Places To 131 In Global Ranking / NNPCL Ends Fuel Import Dec 2024, Projects ₦4.5 Trillion Revenue / Nigeria 7th Most Terrorised Nation In The World...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.