Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman (25334 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by rockyfela(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2009
'MODENINE IS A BASTARD AND WILL DIE A PAUPER' ----
It took publishing the lyrics of mode nines song to get king of rapper micheal stevens a.k.a ruggedman to respond. contacted ruggedman to hear his side of his story on why he is being so badly dissed by his colleague.below you find the reply of an angry man.

ruggedman does not mince words in this chat and lets us know how he feels about the rap-fight.if you think hell hath no fury like a scorned women,then you aint seen nothing yet!, read his interview with STELLA DIMOKO-KORKUS.

1, -have you listened to mode nines lyrics cursing you out?

---I havent been bothered to listen to the track but thanks to Encomium I have read the lyrics.I will not waste an instrumental on replying his childish baseless words.I am too big and too busy to do thatwho is mode9?in his whole life in the industry,he hasnt been able to do anything for himself let aloneanybody around him.

2, what do you think the problem is with him?
, i dont know but i feel his pain.he has been in the industry for so long and is about the oldest rapper in Nigeria and yet still has next to nothing to show for it so I think I understand his grouse.

3, so this beef between you both is real and not hyped?

, no,not on my part.if he wanted to hit fame so badly,all he had to do was meet people like me,D'Banj,2face,Naeto C ,infact all the successful artistes and ask to be shown the way instead of trying to beef.Beefing is old school,especially when you are beefing a rapper who is more successful than you in all ways,I am hoping its a strategy hes using and not jelousy really.he cant compare himself to me,I have more awards,rocked and still rocking more shows than he will ever do to date and I have been on a few shows he has been lucky to be a part of and seen how the crowd responds to him and that is when they do at all. i am on to bigger and better things because I have been able to achieve a lot for myself and people I have come in contact with.I have done more for the industry than any rapper out here now.Instead of him trying to do something positive that he will be remembered for he is trying to go the beef route, now that boys are making mad money from wahala moves I made years ago that revolutionized the industry and made it better.

4, but mode nine is a man,you can easily walk up to him and straighten things out.

, why should i?Its sad that as old as he is,he is still fighting over who is a better rapper and who is not whilst other artists are making good music that rock shows and clubs/partys and make more money that he can only dream about.Come to think of it,in all his years in the industry he has never had any song that you hear in a club or party and those are really the kind of tracks that get you shows that get you paid.He can go on his childish yarning spree talking about me having a skinny neck like guinea fowl,coconut head,he said that Maintain got more money than me,that I am a dancer now like Kaffy and Suzzy but what he fails to realise is that he is out watching me and my moves but he is no where near me or any of these people he has mentioned.He fails to see the log in his own eyes and the hole in his pocket .See wetin desperation dey cause.His one and only brown timberland boots and tye and dye shirt are more popular than he is amongstartistes.

5, maybe you unknowingly stepped on his toes.
, i did nothing of that such.The brother cannot understand why a rapper he thinks he is better than is moresuccessful than he is.He hasnt been able to achieve anything for himself or any of his crew to show for themany years he has been an artist and He hasnt had any hit track thats gotten into clubs and partys to get him high paying shows but Ruggedmans been getting them thanks to 'Baraje' and my other hit tracks.

6, since this is not a publicity stunt,maybe you can address some fot he things he said concerning you.why did your dancers leave?you tried sleeping with them?

, He said my dancers left me cos they wouldnt sleep with me,you can call them all and ask them about me and how we were like one family when we worked together.About my dancers I can say I brought the best cropof dancers Naija entertainment has.From sensational Korede,Patience,Toyin,Michael who made up the dance group DANCE NA THE MAIN THING,A name I christened them from a line from my Baraje track.Flexx is with P.Square doing great,Shock graduated and is working now.Suzzie has her own dance school,so does amazing Kaffy who went on to get into the Guinness book of records.please he should respect them because they have achieved more than he has in this industry.

7, but mode9 is a talented rapper doing his thing.

, I am sorry I have to say this but he went as far back as picking lines from my 1st album,meaning envy has been eating him up all this while.At least he got lines from my 1st album while I and a lot of people on the streets cant remember any from any of his albums/mixed tapes because they were all the same boring baseless battle raps that nobody really listens to.The only track that a few people are talking about on his album now is the one he kind of directed at me.Remove that one and their is nothing else.I still dont understand why wonder rapper is still too lilly livered to mention my name in any of the 8 or 9 tracks he has been directing at me all this while.he is talented?Most of his friends who used to do rap all American style have seen the light and switched their game to using our local lingua like I preached in my award winning track Ruggedy Baba and its working for them.Six Foot Plus,Obiwon and even Ilbliss got a great track in 'You Go Wound o' when he mixed it up with pidjin.it is only a stubborn fly that will be buried with the corpse.

8, why are you the only rapper mode nine is beefing?

, oh he does it to everyone,just that my own is out of more jealousy.he laughs at other rappers behind their backs,talking about how weak or wack they are.Even after they help him out.Please he should tell people thename of the Nigerian rap artist that was nice enough to ask him(mode9)to follow him to his shows in Italy and he was paying mode9 a hundred euros and allowing him a little time to perform when he is on stage.mode9 should Talk quick or I will. The only track that got mode 9 his Channel O and hip hop world awards was the one the chorus was done in Igbo.Was that not a good enough sign?Since then,what else has he done close to that?Nada my people.

9, but he says he has some incriminating evidence on you,what could he mean?

, thats a big joke,he has tried to add suspense by saying he has some incriminating information on me,see as I turn rapper to FBI agent o!.he should please tell encomium magazine,I dare Mode9 to be a man for once anddisclose the incriminating information or he is a bastard and will die broke for ever mentioning anything like that.I am tired of all this rubbish.Is it my fault I am bigger than him?I am street and music smart and work hard.Thats the only part that touched me.How stupid does he want to get with looking for publicity?The next thing he will say I am into blood money.

10, but isnt your head like a coconut like he mentioned?, Lets say my head is like a

coconut,my neck is long like a Guinea Fowl and I am skinny and mode9is the best rapper in Nigeria and the rest of the world,infact give him best fuji artist too,what does he have to show for it?Now lets check the Ruggedman he is talking about.I have done more for myself and the industry than he canonly dream to do.Last year alone I won the awords for best rap album,best rap artist and best indiginousvideo concept.What did he get?I have more awards than he can ever dream of,have rocked more shows than him,have made more money than him.Have more popular songs and albums than him.Have touched and helped more artistes.I am and will for ever be more relivant to Nigerian music industry than he will ever be,if he continues making the kind of music he does and continues with this type of attitude,he will not get anywgere.Acts bigger and richer than him are humble to a fault. He says I claim to have dough and I am skinny.Its funny really Coming from someone that has no car or home of his own,he has been squatting with different people till date since he camme to Lagos and I will say their names later if need be.its mad funny I tell you.Meanwhile have run through a BMW 3 Series,A nissan Murano,A Mercedes Benz C Class,A Volkswagen Toureg and I dedicate my new Chrysler Crossfire to mode9,its to inpsire him not to give up,he still fit make am.

11, any last words of advice or as peace offering to mode9?

, The last thing I will say to mode 9 is that Nigerians and i are waiting to hear the incriminatinginformation he has on me.Please he should not keep us waiting too long. a word is enough for the wise.Hardcore rap,best rapper in the world,lyricist on the roll without financial success will not pay bills and secure his future.I have nothing against him,he should do his music and let me do mine. I will not reply him with a song,so he should not waste his time waitingI know he wants me to reply because that will help him sell cds but I will not,sorry.Network will always be busy here.I have better things to do with my time and I intend to do them.I have been and will always be a pace setter and a go getter and a helper in anyway I can to people whom I can help.Beef only comes when one artist is jelous of the others success.He doesnt need it.He should chanell his energy into repackaging,after all Kanye West is singing now.he should at least look on the bright side of things,if he decides to sing for me again,i will be nodding myhead to his track in my new Chrysler Crossfire.he should leave me the hell alone,i got work to do.

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/3853/3/modenine-is-a-bastard-and-will-die-a-pauper-rugged.html
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by rockyfela(m): 9:23am On Jan 30, 2009
lol very smart of rugged, mode 9 needs attention which he won't get,

they paid him a 100 euros? lmao dats chicken change no wonder he is a so called ambassador 2 a so called ORIGINATOR cloyhing that no one knows anything about, i guess they figured he cd do wiv some gud clothing,,,,lol.

I NEED UR REVIEWS ,

1 Like

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by eldee(m): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2009
C'mon this is just evil, Rugged didn't have to take this personal. Damn!!!
But I'll have to admit, Rugged took a more direct shot in this interview than he could ever drop in a diss track.
One question though, did Modenine really use ur neck is long like guineafoul in his metaphorical punchlines?

2 Likes

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2009
He dedicates his chrysler to him!
Dats degrading!
Thats unfair.
Mode9 has no house and no car!
His timbaland boots i av always noticed!
100euroes at a show? Thats unbelievable!
Mode9 is a disgrace to manhood!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Reptyle(m): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2009
Typical Ruggedman. Blasting from all cylinders. Oya Modey, ur turn grin grin
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2009
All the same story,
Got more money, more successful, more awards and shit.
The guy dey vex gan ni grin
Let your song do the talking and not your interview.
He said he does'nt have time for Mode but he had the time to do the interview. grin
Walahi rugged be fool angry
Rugged is a coward!

2 Likes

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by abdurrazaq(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2009
Modenine is proving too hard for the fool and he turns to the media to get people to sympathise with him. He dissed his way to the 'top' or wherever he is in the Nigerian music scene. His then victims never did anything wrong before dissing them until, he came out to explain why he dissed them, he will never be taken serious at least, by unbiased minds.
Ruggedman seems to be forgetting things fast nowadays. Is it the oldage that is catching up with him fast? He should go back to his last album and listen again to the promises he has made concerning those who has been throwing subliminals at him. He said that he was a sword that can slice both ways. He should slice Modenine now that he could see clearly that he (M9) is talking to him. He should stop bitching arround and reply with dope diss track(s) or accept defeat. angry cool
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by DOGGMAN: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2009
DATS MY BOY, AH AH:] RUGGEDYBABA, [/b]i told you, d rugged i knew ain no [b]COWARD.
mode9 is just tryin' get some attention. imaging ruggedman putting all dat in to rap,
[b]ITS F**KIN' GAME OVER, [/b]b**th. ah ah:]
ain nothin personal.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by toluwalomo(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2009

I will not waste an instrumental on replying his childish baseless words.I am too big and too busy to do that who is mode9?in his whole life in the industry

But you had time to vent your spleen in an interview. Hmmm,

Nothing wrong in Rugged putting Mode 9 in his place. You replied his diss on the pages of a magazine instead of a track. Not good enuff.

Beefing is old school,especially when you are beefing a rapper who is more successful than you in all ways.

Beef old school, NEVER. As long as rappers have indifferences there will always be beef. Beef on wax, never out on the street OOOOOOOOO,

Scared to beef someone who is more successful than you is NEVER a criteria. If you have an issue with someone you put it on wax irrespective.

Canibus went after big-boi Cool J with second round Knock-out Cool J replied with Jack the reaper.

So many cases where it was even the big rappers than went after the "little ones". e.g. 50 CENT after Jadakiss and Fat Joe. 2pac after Mobb Deep's Prodigy, Ice-Cube VS Mack 10,

As apt in this case, the leading lights of the hip hop generation went against each other Again 50 VS Nas and  Jay-z VS NAS

T.I. VS Luda

Beef is can never old school. Go to www.allhiphop.com the no 1 hip hop site in the world. You will see at least a top-notch beef every 24 hours!

So RUGGED kill that noise.

If your non-reply also included not granting this interview we will respect that. But you cannot refuse to put M9 in his place via a track. And then grant an interview with information that shud have been on a track.

2 Likes

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by baibbieboy: 11:35am On Jan 30, 2009
Hi fellas, I just read ruggedmans interview now and i will like to post one or two tins concerning the beef issue that have been goin on for some time now.
Hosnestly I don't want to us to start another who's better btw mode and ruggedman.

First and foremost I want to believe that both artists in question have done alot for hip hop in this country. I simply don't see any reason why the should be locking horns with each other. If it had been Mode vs i'll bliss or OD, it wuld av been a bit understandable.

Their style of hip hop is different and i don't see any reason for rivary. even in the states there are rappers that are hadcorerapper like ice cube, dr dre, game, wc, etc and there are some like nellyy, fabulous, etc. that are not hardcore rappers. And everybody still held their ground. I dn't think anybody should be punished for doin whatever kind of music
he feels like doin. although sometimes beef is good for hip hop, cause it gives mc's materials to work on and all that, but i don't think it shld go down like this. He's the best rapper and he's broke, He's wack, pidgin rap n all dat stuff is just silly. whether he's sleepin on a mat or he's skinny is none of our business. what we want is good music. we'll follow who we want.

I'm a mode fan till whatever but I dn't think doin a beef track for rugged was a good thing for mode to do now. he's shuld've done before now. It's even silly that rugged acknowledged that mode is the best rapper in nigeria, he was only insisting that he's broke and all that. A while ago Jay Z n Nas had there own. why didn't Jigga claimed he's more successful as a base for his beef.

I think they r now both behaving as small kids

We know ruggedman did help hip hop when he spat then, but he should not please bore us with praising himself everynow and then. I think he should focus on switching up his stuff too and mode should do the same .

We shuld only hear beef on something credible not hw many cars i get , shows and wackness

One

1 Like

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Taurusbull: 11:57am On Jan 30, 2009
All the same story,
Got more money, more successful, more awards and shit.
The guy dey vex gan ni
Let your song do the talking and not your interview.
He said he does'nt have time for Mode but he had the time to do the interview.
Walahi rugged be fool
Rugged is a coward!

Aboki what are u sayin?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2009
Taurusbull:

Aboki what are u sayin?

U be fool, U blind abi
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2009
Mode 9 Rugged didn't want to do this but now look at what u've done to u. Bangging was a decoy, the real shit is yet to come.
I tire for naigerians. If Rugged had been evasive in his response some wont be happy especially he's hard core fans and some will say he's even far more scared of mode than u thought. Now that he is direct u say he's being personal and all that. You say he cant diss mode back yet he's busy granting interviews. Rugged as a smart artist knows the power of the press. If he refuses to grant an interview, they'll finish him in the press. Besides he advised artists to do alot of interviews in his hip hop 101 lecture. The guy try abeg. He cant please every body. Rugged is not even playing dirty yet, at least he has not let out all of mode's dirty little secrets, like the artist of the 100 euro show bill. I believe he has enough stuffs on mode to make a good diss track. I'd have said that Rugged was being too boastfull in the interview but common, he's a rap artist and that's what they do. Another thing, MI was proping Mode in the last WAPI at abuja but i wonder what will be going on in his mind right now that he is busy rocking show and Mode is not.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2009

Lets say my head is like a coconut,my neck is long like a Guinea Fowl and I am skinny and mode9is the best rapper in Nigeria and the rest of the world.

Mode9 is an idiot. . . . . .What has the size of a man gotta do with his wealth??
Pharell Williams is as skinny as a broom stick and he will buy Mode-9's village in Nigeria and transfer all of em into a Zoological garden.

infact give him best fuji artist too,what does he have to show for it?Now lets check the Ruggedman he is talking about.I have done more for myself and the industry than he canonly dream to do.Last year alone I won the awords for best rap album,best rap artist and best indiginousvideo concept.What did he get?I have more awards than he can ever dream of,have rocked more shows than him,have made more money than him.Have more popular songs and albums than him.Have touched and helped more artistes

These are proven FACTS, Ruggedman. Say no more!!!!
Modenine is seeking for attention plus he needs your reply to hype himself up.
He can never be on top of the echelon of Naija hip-hop. Let him remain underground and DIE underground. grin grin grin grin

I am and will for ever be more relivant to Nigerian music industry than he will ever be,if he continues making the kind of music he does and continues with this type of attitude,he will not get anywgere.Acts bigger and richer than him are humble to a fault.

Without a doubt, Ruggedman.
U gave a face to Naija rap industry. Without your beef with Kennis Music monopoly, Naija talents would still be used like SLAVES.
You have done more than Modenine will ever be at his 39 years of age. He should get a better profession. I suggest hunting. cheesy

He says I claim to have dough and I am skinny.Its funny really Coming from someone that has no car or home of his own,he has been squatting with different people till date since he camme to Lagos and I will say their names later if need be.its mad funny I tell you.Meanwhile have run through a BMW 3 Series,A nissan Murano,A Mercedes Benz C Class,A Volkswagen Toureg and I dedicate my new Chrysler Crossfire to mode9,its to inpsire him not to give up,he still fit make am.

Please repeat that statement: Modenine is HOMELESS, RIDELESS and SPASTIC??
Now i know why this cat is beefing Ruggedman. . . . . . .
Rugged, give Modey your Murano. . . . . .Nigga wants to taste the life of opulence for once in his poverty stricken life. grin grin grin
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by abdurrazaq(m): 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2009
eldee:

C'mon this is just evil, Rugged didn't have to take this personal. Damn!!!
But I'll have to admit, Rugged took a more direct shot in this interview than he could ever drop in a diss track.
One question though, did Modenine really use ur neck is long like guineafoul in his metaphorical punchlines?
. . . . Cocoyam head, Long neck like a Guinea fowl. That's the line from death blow.

, I am sorry I have to say this but he went as far back as picking lines from my 1st album,meaning envy has been eating him up all this while.At least he got lines from my 1st album while I and a lot of people on the streets cant remember any from any of his albums/mixed tapes because they were all the same boring baseless battle raps that nobody really listens to.The only track that a few people are talking about on his album now is the one he kind of directed at me.Remove that one and their is nothing else.I still dont understand why wonder rapper is still too lilly livered to mention my name in any of the 8 or 9 tracks he has been directing at me all this while.he is talented?Most of his friends who used to do rap all American style have seen the light and switched their game to using our local lingua like I preached in my award winning track Ruggedy Baba and its working for them.Six Foot Plus,Obiwon and even Ilbliss got a great track in 'You Go Wound o' when he mixed it up with pidjin.it is only a stubborn fly that will be buried with the corpse.
Was this not exactly what this Idiot called Ruggedman did in ehen. He is just a stupid attention seeker who just got served and started seeking sympthy. Six Foot Plus, Obiwon, Illbliss, Terry Tha Rapman, though are Modenine's friend, never switched their game because they are all known to rap in pidging. The Only one in that crew that stick with English more than Local languages like Mode9 is Overdose.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by DBR: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
blinx:

Mode 9 Rugged didn't want to do this but now look at what u've done to u. Bangging was a decoy, the real shit is yet to come.
I tire for naigerians. If Rugged had been evasive in his response some wont be happy especially he's hard core fans and some will say he's even far more scared of mode than u thought. Now that he is direct u say he's being personal and all that. You say he cant diss mode back yet he's busy granting interviews. Rugged as a smart artist knows the power of the press. If he refuses to grant an interview, they'll finish him in the press. Besides he advised artists to do alot of interviews in his hip hop 101 lecture. The guy try abeg. He cant please every body. Rugged is not even playing dirty yet, at least he has not let out all of mode's dirty little secrets, like the artist of the 100 euro show bill. I believe he has enough stuffs on mode to make a good diss track. I'd have said that Rugged was being too boastfull in the interview but common, he's a rap artist and that's what they do. Another thing, MI was proping Mode in the last WAPI at abuja but i wonder what will be going on in his mind right now that he is busy rocking show and Mode is not.

Where hav u been since late last year in this country??
oNe
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2009
Na end of discussion jare!
The beef has no base!
Mode9 has no point
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by abdurrazaq(m): 12:28pm On Jan 30, 2009
, why are you the only rapper mode nine is beefing?

, oh he does it to everyone,just that my own is out of more jealousy.he laughs at other rappers behind their backs,talking about how weak or wack they are.Even after they help him out.Please he should tell people thename of the Nigerian rap artist that was nice enough to ask him(mode9)to follow him to his shows in Italy and he was paying mode9 a hundred euros and allowing him a little time to perform when he is on stage.mode9 should Talk quick or I will. The only track that got mode 9 his Channel O and hip hop world awards was the one the chorus was done in Igbo.[/b]Was that not a good enough sign?Since then,what else has he done close to that?Nada my people.
I just have to say this, Rggedman was referring to THE AWARD WINNING [b]CRY here. Cry was released almost a year before Ruggedybaba (the track) was released and the chorus of cry was in Igbo language. That means Cry was what Inspires Ruggedybaba's lyrics, concepts and all that make up the song. Ruggedman can throw subliminals in his upcoming album but, Modenine will definitely replied if the need be 'cos he's just lost the battle and he didn't do jack for the messed up industry
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2009
tosinaded@:

He dedicates his chrysler to him!
Dats degrading!
Thats unfair.
Mode9 has no house and no car!
His timbaland boots i av always noticed!
100euroes at a show? Thats unbelievable!
Mode9 is a disgrace to manhood
!

ROFLMAO. . . . . . . . .Tosinaded@ will KILL ME today. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2009
@DBR
It's not like Mode doesn't do shows at all but u cant compare the kind of show he does to the type Rugged, MI and Naeto C rock and the last two are very new in the industry. Truth be told, Mode is not an intresting character. I believe he's boring by nature and only him lafs to his own jokes or may be Khanye and Javalove, that make it 3 people.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2009
blinx:

artist and that's what they do. Another thing, MI was proping Mode in the last WAPI at abuja but i wonder what will be going on in his mind right now that he is busy rocking show and Mode is not.

MySpace: Music >> All Shows for MODENINE View Artist Profile

January, 31 2009 08:00 PM - Lokoja Township Stadium
, Lokoja, 234 -

GLO ROCK N RULE TOUR
February, 13 2009 08:00 PM - Jos polo Ground
, Plateau, 234 -

Glo Rock n Rule Tour
February, 21 2009 08:00 PM - Kaduna Polo Ground
, Kaduna, -

GLO ROCK N RULE TOUR
February, 28 2009 08:00 PM - Old Parade Ground
, Abuja, 234 -

Glo Rock n rule Tour
March, 7 2009 08:00 PM - ILORIN TOWNSHIP STADIUM
, ILORIN, 234 -

GLO ROCK N RULE TOUR
March, 14 2009 08:00 PM - Yaba College of Technology
, Lagos, 234 -

Glo Rock N Rule Tour

Dont open your mouth and talk rubbish if you dont know anything. Mode was in Ibadan last December, he was also in Ogun for Club Rockaway show. Give me shows RUghead shit have been attending since last year

Punk Head!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 12:57pm On Jan 30, 2009
blinx:

@DBR
It's not like Mode doesn't do shows at all but u cant compare the kind of show he does to the type Rugged, MI and Naeto C rock and the last two are very new in the industry. Truth be told, Mode is not an intresting character. I believe he's boring by nature and only him lafs to his own jokes or may be Khanye and Javalove, that make it 3 people.

So Mode9 does 1 billion shows in a year. . . . . . .Where's the money to prove it??
Ruggedman does less shows than Mode9 and he is rocking, living life to the fullest so who's fooling who??
Mode9 has been in the rap game for years and small cats like D'Banj, Wande Coal, Ruggedman have all eclipsed him. . . . .
Something must be wrong somewhere. . . . . . .Maybe he gets paid N10,000 per show.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by DBR: 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2009
---I havent been bothered to listen to the track but thanks to Encomium I have read the lyrics.I will not waste an instrumental on replying his childish baseless words.I am too big and too busy to do thatwho is mode9?in his whole life in the industry,he hasnt been able to do anything for himself let aloneanybody around him.

But he cld "waste" instrumental on BANGIN and waste another artist durella on the hook??
Was he any bigger when he did waka waka,to whom it may concern, my life, Bangin'

, no,not on my part.if he wanted to hit fame so badly,all he had to do was meet people like me,D'Banj,2face,Naeto C ,infact all the successful artistes and ask to be shown the way instead of trying to beef.Beefing is old school,especially when you are beefing a rapper who is more successful than you in all ways,I am hoping its a strategy hes using and not jelousy really.he cant compare himself to me,I have more awards,rocked and still rocking more shows than he will ever do to date and I have been on a few shows he has been lucky to be a part of and seen how the crowd responds to him and that is when they do at all. i am on to bigger and better things because I have been able to achieve a lot for myself and people I have come in contact with.I have done more for the industry than any rapper out here now.Instead of him trying to do something positive that he will be remembered for he is trying to go the beef route, now that boys are making mad money from wahala moves I made years ago that revolutionized the industry and made it better.

I cant believe this! M-9 is already famous, even beyond the shores of this country. Which hiphop tread dyu open and his name doesnt come up? Props from the artistes we love, from Nas,Jayz, Talib, Wil-i-am, etc. How famous can one get.Wat addition will Ruggedy be to the list? So when Ruggedy dissed Eedris and co disin was fashionable Well as he said that meansRuggedy too was envious of Eedris and co way back cos they were gettin d money and rockin shows and clubs then.
Rugged didnt do jack if anyone did anythin t'will be edris and co, cos they vanguard the revolution of 9ja music.

5, maybe you unknowingly stepped on his toes.
, i did nothing of that such.The brother cannot understand why a rapper he thinks he is better than is moresuccessful than he is.He hasnt been able to achieve anything for himself or any of his crew to show for themany years he has been an artist and He hasnt had any hit track thats gotten into clubs and partys to get him high paying shows but Ruggedmans been getting them thanks to 'Baraje' and my other hit tracks

Who r the Ruggedy crew and what has HE done for them?? I think Naeto is more financially succesful than M-9 so y is M-9 not dissin him rather he gives him prop, M-i too got mad buzz and shows from late last year, yet M-9 gives him props so wat is ruggedy sayin? Rugged shud check himself o,this guy shuddnt make me dislike him joor, i hate lame weak ass excuses. Rugged had even fallen off, Deathblow gave him relevance.(note i said relevance) Who r the rap artist talked bout last year? Mi, M-9, Da grin, Naeto,Eldee etc,  Ruggedy wasnt on the radar sef.

, I am sorry I have to say this but he went as far back as picking lines from my 1st album,meaning envy has been eating him up all this while.At least he got lines from my 1st album while I and a lot of people on the streets cant remember any from any of his albums/mixed tapes because they were all the same boring baseless battle raps that nobody really listens to[b].The only track that a few people are talking about on his album now is the one he kind of directed at me.Remove that one and their is nothing else.I still dont understand why wonder rapper is still too lilly livered to mention my name in any of the 8 or 9 tracks he has been directing at me all this while.he is talented?[/b]Most of his friends who used to do rap all American style have seen the light and switched their game to using our local lingua like I preached in my award winning track Ruggedy Baba and its working for them.Six Foot Plus,Obiwon and even Ilbliss got a great track in 'You Go Wound o' when he mixed it up with pidjin.it is only a stubborn fly that will be buried with the corpse.

LMAO soo he listened to bout 8-9 tracks and didnt hear his name, but th one that hit hard he claims he didnt listen to??
Ok watbout d 5-6 that Ruggedy dissed M-9 on, this dude is a load of contradictions. And the award winnin Cry came out b4 Ruggedy's album so wats d rantin' for? JayZ went into Nas earlier tracks too so wat point is he tryna make?
And wat arrogance, wat does he mean by they've seen the light, this dude believes if u dont do it like he said in "his book of rap law" hiphop 101(shud be called pop 101 or dumb down 101) u cant be fulfilled?Mi aint doin mother tongue o, and dude is blowin up, Naeto aint either so how relevant is this claim?

And the rest is same i got more money blah blah blah.
And M-9 has a house with a studio in a room that he calls Room 9
Guys, i like objective discussion.
Ruggedy has been dissin M-9 all along, he did a reply to Talkin to u, he asked that M-9 shud come more direct, he asked for it hence the openin of deathblo-"[b][/b]i didnt wanna do this, now see wat u did to u" and all of a sudden you that u asked for it u r now toooo busy sayin it's childish
I'm more than disgusted at the inconsistency of Ruggedy, really. if u aint ready for wr dont ask for one.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2009
@DBR
I'm sure Rugged has listened to the album but is trying to make it seem like he's too busy to listen to boring songs from 9. He also didn't meean that Mode did about 9 songs in PS directed at him, what he was saying was that Mode has in the past to date done abou 9 tracks directed at him without having the balls to mention he's name. Even if Rugged doesn't listen, he has peolple who will listen and report back to him or maybe while driving he might decide to listen to 9's album.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2009
DBR:

I cant believe this! M-9 is already famous, even beyond the shores of this country. Which hiphop tread dyu open and his name doesnt come up? Props from the artistes we love, from Nas,Jayz, Talib, Wil-i-am, etc. How famous can one get.Wat addition will Ruggedy be to the list? So when Ruggedy dissed Eedris and co disin was fashionable Well as he said that meansRuggedy too was envious of Eedris and co way back cos they were gettin d money and rockin shows and clubs then.
Rugged didnt do jack if anyone did anythin t'will be edris and co, cos they vanguard the revolution of 9ja music.

M-9 is not famous beyond the shores of Nigeria.
I know this much. . . . .No one knows him in the UK.
Dissing Eedris was needed as at 2002/3 when the Rap Industry was monopolised by the "Big Bros" but now is the EATING TIME for rap artistes and M-9 is still fighting.

Who r the Ruggedy crew and what has HE done for them?? I think Naeto is more financially succesful than M-9 so y is M-9 not dissin him rather he gives him prop, M-i too got mad buzz and shows from late last year, yet M-9 gives him props so wat is ruggedy sayin? Rugged shud check himself o,this guy shuddnt make me dislike him joor, i hate lame weak ass excuses. Rugged had even fallen off, Deathblow gave him relevance.(note i said relevance) Who r the rap artist talked bout last year? Mi, M-9, Da grin, Naeto,Eldee etc,  Ruggedy wasnt on the radar sef.

Naeto is a new kid on the block. . . . . Besides, people only diss who they consider threats to their throne.

LMAO soo he listened to bout 8-9 tracks and didnt hear his name, but th one that hit hard he claims he didnt listen to??
Ok watbout d 5-6 that Ruggedy dissed M-9 on, this dude is a load of contradictions. And the award winnin Cry came out b4 Ruggedy's album so wats d rantin' for? JayZ went into Nas earlier tracks too so wat point is he tryna make?
And wat arrogance, wat does he mean by they've seen the light, this dude believes if u dont do it like he said in "his book of rap law" hiphop 101(shud be called pop 101 or dumb down 101) u cant be fulfilled?Mi aint doin mother tongue o, and dude is blowin up, Naeto aint either so how relevant is this claim?

Check your facts. . . . . .Naeto raps in mother tongue.
Kini Big Deal is American?? Or Walahi Talahi i am on fire is American way of rapping??

And the rest is same i got more money blah blah blah.
And M-9 has a house with a studio in a room that he calls Room 9
Guys, i like objective discussion.
Ruggedy has been dissin M-9 all along, he did a reply to Talkin to u, he asked that M-9 shud come more direct, he asked for it hence the openin of deathblo-"[b][/b]i didnt wanna do this, now see wat u did to u" and all of a sudden you that u asked for it u r now toooo busy sayin it's childish
I'm more than disgusted at the inconsistency of Ruggedy, really. if u aint ready for wr dont ask for one.

What Ruggedman is saying here is simple. . . . . . .As at 2003, the rap game in Nigeria was almost non-existent with wack rappers and chicken feed.
Now, there is liberty. U can be with any record label and blow up like nitro and still make money.
Cats are working hard to make ends meet while the BOOM is here. . . . . .Mode-9 should catch that train before it's too late.
Eat what u can while the BOOM lasts and stop making diss tracks that would leave him poor when the BOOM turns to BUST.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by DBR: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2009
@\Saurove
M-9 is not famous beyond the shores of Nigeria.
I know this much. . . . .No one knows him in the UK.
grin jokes, got dudes there feelin him right there in the UK.
And cos YOU and maybe ur clique dont know him in Uk doesnt change the fact he's famous-
from Ghana, to SA, to Germany to USA, does it? Top rappers in those countries recognise him wellllll.

Naeto is a new kid on the block. . . . . Besides, people only diss who they consider threats to their throne.

Really? So Jayz was on throne and dissed Nas who is a threat, ok that's true.
Then i guess that means M-9 is on throne hence he dissed Ruggedy who is a threat,
except t'was ruggedy that started it, get ma drift? Didnt Suolja diss IceT?
Some enter the game with diss so ur "greeness" aint a factor.

Check your facts. . . . . .Naeto raps in mother tongue.
Kini Big Deal is American?? Or Walahi Talahi i am on fire is American way of rapping??
Kini Big deal as a line is not american, true but that was the hook,
does Naeto spit his verses in pidgeon or any local dialect? ohh ohhh,  tot as much.
And M-9 has been doin that even b4 Ruggedy started advocating is, he has lots of his song, hooks and
some line in local and pidgeon, even Ruggedy who is bein preachy bout it doesnt hav a much, tho he got
some pidgeons but i dont know of any actual mother tongue except Ruggedy Baba!

What Ruggedman is saying here is simple. . . . . . .As at 2003, the rap game in Nigeria was almost non-existent with wack rappers and chicken feed.
Now, there is liberty. U can be with any record label and blow up like nitro and still make money

And u think the credit goes to Ruggedy? I beg to differ. It wuldda happened with or without him.
It was just time for that genre to blow, period.
The industry was there, mind u isnt it that INDUSTRY that Ruggedy claims he cleansed, if it aint existing y clean it?
I knew M-9 before Ruggedy.
Ok lets say truly wacks were reignin then, the level has changed again and maybe Ruggedy that appeared wow then
aint no more wow and thus he's like the Eedris of 2008, dyu get.
There were those who hated Ruggedy for dissin eedris cos they were feelin the groove,
and movin to his ryhthm in clubs too. So i aint shocked at pple feelin same bout M-9 now.

Cats are working hard to make ends meet while the BOOM is here. . . . . .Mode-9 should catch that train before it's too late.
Eat what u can while the BOOM lasts and stop making diss tracks that would leave him poor when the BOOM turns to BUST.

Yes oooo, true talk, i hope he cashes out of it, cos he TRULY deserves it. Nothin more satisfyin than doin things how it shud be, not dumbin down 1 bit and being rewarded for it.
Nice one Saurone.
oNe
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by ofokasibe: 2:42pm On Jan 30, 2009
hmm . i can see how much attention modenine rugged beff attracts, i guess i should make a nollywood 8mile movie on this,

@sauron
why do u hate modenine so much men?

@all
we want to see ruggedman put all his interview on the reply diss, if not he would be labelled a hiphop coward for life! na lie?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2009
blinx:

@DBR
I[b]'m sure Rugged has listened to the album but is trying to make it seem like he's too busy to listen to boring songs from 9[/b]. He also didn't meean that Mode did about 9 songs in PS directed at him, what he was saying was that Mode has in the past to date done abou 9 tracks directed at him without having the balls to mention he's name. Even if Rugged doesn't listen, he has peolple who will listen and report back to him or maybe while driving he might decide to listen to 9's album.

He does'nt have time for Mode but he has the time to listen to his Album.
If not How does he know mode dissed him on the 8 & 9 track.
The dude is just playing a hide and seek game.
He does'nt even know what to say.
He's a Coward!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Bamsyle(m): 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2009
Just a quick one - there have been many claims about Rugged doin' what he did back then for the "industry".

I fail to see it that way.

I saw and still see it as a smart move by a smart bizman. With or without Rugged, the Nigerian Rap Scene would have evolved. Whether that move had an effect on the Rap Scene, directly or indirectly, is however debatable.

*The Rugged v. Mode issue has been over-flogged so I won't say much on it. . .*
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by toluwalomo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2009
Hmmmm, everywhere na Rugged and Mode 9.

Hmmmm is any Nollywoodian thinking what I'm thinking? grin
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by GoldCircle: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2009
Now tell me! Who's the biggie & who's the Tupac??

I'm luvin this war!Wishin it won't stop! Funny enof, I like the kind songs wey the two of them dey speak!Let's keep watching as this drama unfolds!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2009
BREAKING NEWS: Mode is cooking Death Blow pt.2 grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite 2face Idibia's Song? / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Releases “Get Busy” Video / African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.