Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman (25287 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2009
r u sure Khayne?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2009
Khanye u'er a fish. How many thread are u going to give us this breaking news. This ur news has been breaking for the past one month and e neva break finish. Abeg make him cook am in silent when e don we chop am see how far. The highest he'll do this time around is to call Rugged's name just to prove he he's not scared of calling the name Rugged.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2009
blinx:

Khanye u'er a fish. How many thread are u going to give us this breaking news. This ur news has been breaking for the past one month and e neva break finish. Abeg make him cook am in silent when e don we chop am see how far. The highest he'll do this time around is to call Rugged's name just to prove he he's not scared of calling the name Rugged.

Ko ni da fu e grin cheesy
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 4:48pm On Jan 30, 2009
DBR:

@\Saurove grin jokes, got dudes there feelin him right there in the UK.
And cos YOU and maybe ur clique dont know him in Uk doesnt change the fact he's famous-
from Ghana, to SA, to Germany to USA, does it? Top rappers in those countries recognise him wellllll.

M-9 is a gerbil. . . . . . . .U gotta accept that.
If all these claims(international recognition, 1 million shows a year, dope lyricism) are TRUE about him then why is he still BROKE?
I have an idea. . . . .He prolly pays the fees of the likes of Khanye and Javalove so he's got many dependent leeches around him.

Really? So Jayz was on throne and dissed Nas who is a threat, ok that's true.
Then i guess that means M-9 is on throne hence he dissed Ruggedy who is a threat,
except t'was ruggedy that started it, get ma drift? Didnt Suolja diss IceT?
Some enter the game with diss so ur "greeness" aint a factor.

Jay-Z/Nas beef was way different. Jigga n Nas were fighting for the throne of the King of NY after Biggie passed away.
In Naija, Ruggedman was the king before M-9 sneaked an attack on him for attention.
Before this interview, a lot of cats have said Rugged is scared of M-9 and this is why he won't reply.
If he puts these words on record, Mode9's career will die a violent death.

Kini Big deal as a line is not american, true but that was the hook,
does Naeto spit his verses in pidgeon or any local dialect? ohh ohhh,  tot as much.
And M-9 has been doin that even b4 Ruggedy started advocating is, he has lots of his song, hooks and
some line in local and pidgeon, even Ruggedy who is bein preachy bout it doesnt hav a much, tho he got
some pidgeons but i dont know of any actual mother tongue except Ruggedy Baba! .

Ti wa abinibi, ti e ability(Is that not a Yoruba punchline??) That was way back in 2003. grin

And u think the credit goes to Ruggedy? I beg to differ. It wuldda happened with or without him.
It was just time for that genre to blow, period.
The industry was there, mind u isnt it that INDUSTRY that Ruggedy claims he cleansed, if it aint existing y clean it?
I knew M-9 before Ruggedy.

The credit should go to Ruggedman. . . . . . .Who coulda done it without Rugged??
Mode9 has been in the game without Rugged so why didn't he break the shackles??
Who else is there? Naeto C?? I was told he was born with a silver spoon so he is not in the hustler's category.

Ok lets say truly wacks were reignin then, the level has changed again and maybe Ruggedy that appeared wow then
aint no more wow and thus he's like the Eedris of 2008, dyu get.
There were those who hated Ruggedy for dissin eedris cos they were feelin the groove,
and movin to his ryhthm in clubs too. So i aint shocked at pple feelin same bout M-9 now.

That theory is royally flawed. . . . . . . .Ruggedman of 2008 can never be compared to Eedris of 2003.
Ruggedy is now a Naija rap pioneer. Dropping subliminal verses and lyrical missiles in the ears of listeners.

Yes oooo, true talk, i hope he cashes out of it, cos he TRULY deserves it. Nothin more satisfyin than doin things how it shud be, not dumbin down 1 bit and being rewarded for it.
Nice one Saurone.
oNe

U should send him a mail to cash in. . . . . . . .The rate at which new kids on the block are making dough in the Naija rap game is staggering.
Imagine Ruggedman saying a man as old as M-9 is homeless and squats from crib to crib.
Pathetic.

@ Fokasibe,

I don't hate M-9. . . .His fans got him where he is today.
He is just an over-rated Arrow.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
i dunno wut we re still arguing about!!!!!!!

[size=28pt]MODE9 IS A LOSER[/size]
HE IS A WASTE OFF TALENT
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by MrCrackles(m): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
What is all this Mode9 slaughtering and ribbings?
WTF!!!!!! angry
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2009
Haba Tosin. Must u make the truth sound so loud. I almost went deaf with the sound of the truth. Despite how loud it was, will they(Khanye, Javalove) still hear it?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 5:29pm On Jan 30, 2009
~Sauron~ link=topic=226153.msg3405198#msg3405198 date=1233330496

Jay-Z/Nas beef was way different. Jigga n Nas were fighting for the throne of the King of NY after Biggie passed away.
In Naija, Ruggedman was the king before M-9 sneaked an attack on him for attention.
Before this interview, a lot of cats have said Rugged is scared of M-9 and this is why he won't reply.
If he puts these words on record, Mode9's career will die a violent death.
[/quote]

I bet, the dude cant. That's why he's choosing the way of the media. Dumbass fool!

[quote author=~Sauron~:

That theory is royally flawed. . . . . . . .Ruggedman of 2008 can never be compared to Eedris of 2003.
Ruggedy is now a Naija rap pioneer. Dropping subliminal verses and lyrical missiles in the ears of listeners.

What did Ruggedman do in the year 2008 He got only one collabo with the dude he dissed in 2003 (Eedris) and one single banging (Piece of Shit).

He's droping wack and nursery ryhmes for fools like you.

I know you will reply with the same way you've always been but i hope you repent before Jesus come.

Mr slowpoke cool

tosinaded@:

i dunno wut we re still arguing about!!!!!!!

[size=28pt]MODE9 IS A LOSER[/size]
HE IS A WASTE OFF TALENT

What's ur problem boy
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2009
blinx:

Haba Tosin. Must u make the truth sound so loud. I almost went deaf with the sound of the truth. Despite how loud it was, will they(Khanye, Javalove) still hear it?

they wont cos they are either dumb or just fel pity for mode9
40 year pauper!!!!!
damn rugged just finished him!!!!

rugged should pls tell us the artiste that assited him to get 100euros at shows!!!!!
such a disgrace to nigeria and celebrities!!!!!!

any smart person with half his talent should be a super dooper star!!!!!
such an annoying idiot whos has lost his priorities!!!!
na y him no get wife!!!!! no money to raise a family at age 40!!!!!

i dey vex gan grin
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by MrCrackles(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2009
Ruggedman is an idiot, a big fat imbecilic slowpoke!

Real gees let thier rhymes, flows, bitz and barz do the talking

Naysaying wont pay, wont push records and certainly wont earn street cred
!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2009
khanye:

What's ur problem boy

u dey crase i think
who be boy

MrCrackles:

Ruggedman is an idiot, a big fat imbecilic slowpoke!

Real gees let thier rhymes, flows, bitz and barz do the talking

Naysaying wont pay, wont push records and certainly wont earn street cred
!!!!

i felt this way before, but now am beginning to feel otherwise!!!!
mode9 aint worth all this hype!!!!
if he cant sing to save his life then let him drown to death!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by MrCrackles(m): 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2009
tosinaded@:

i felt this way before, but now am beginning to feel otherwise!!!!
mode9 aint worth all this hype!!!!
if he cant sing to save his life then let him drown to death!!!

I aint upping his hype bruv
I dont think Ruggedman man is any better to be honest
From what i heard, what i know, what is on the table, what is on the airplay, on the tv and what i see, Modenine will shank Ruggedman straight gully!!!
They all have a lot to learn anywayz
Dem cats need to concentrate on churning out quality shit, not beefing each other while precious time and youngings grow pass them
!!!!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by chamotex(m): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2009
2, what do you think the problem is with him?
, i dont know but i feel his pain.he has been in the industry for so long and is about the oldest rapper in Nigeria and yet still has next to nothing to show for it so I think I understand his grouse.

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

I aint upping his hype bruv
I dont think Ruggedman man is any better to be honest
From what i heard, what i know, what is on the table, what is on the airplay, on the tv and what i see, Modenine will shank Ruggedman straight gully!!!
They all have a lot to learn anywayz
Dem cats need to concentrate on churning out quality shit, not beefing each other while precious time and youngings grow pass them
!!!!!!!

i hope mode9 realises that!!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2009

He says I claim to have dough and I am skinny.Its funny really Coming from someone that has no car or home of his own,he has been squatting with different people till date since he camme to Lagos and I will say their names later if need be.its mad funny I tell you.Meanwhile have run through a BMW 3 Series,A nissan Murano,A Mercedes Benz C Class,A Volkswagen Toureg and I dedicate my new Chrysler Crossfire to mode9,its to inpsire him not to give up,he still fit make am.

thats wut u get from people wey no reach ur age or talent!!!!!!
disrespect cos u no respect ursef!!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by ladeel: 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2009
r ;Doflol
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 5:53pm On Jan 30, 2009
Pls is mode really up to 40 years or u guys are just kiding? Pls i need ansa.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by kaypumpin2(m): 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2009
The beef is already played and both players should call it quit already.

It's obvious the 2 of them have way more than it meets the eyes,this is too PERSONAL.

Though most Mode 9 fans will be quick to adjudge his recent work as the best thing since LCD,most Hip Hop heads who are neutral and are not in either side of the divide on this issue will agree with me that PS doesn't have the depth of EPU(One amongst many).In his bid to diss and "finish Rugged's career",dude just lost sight of so many things altogether.A ggod example is his so called "diss song of all time".I mean what does dude want to achieve with "u claim u r rich but u still skinny".Does Gates',Yaradua,Pharrel,Snoop stature indicate inability to feed or something.OR what cheap score was he trying to get with "Maintain is richer than you".For Heaven's sake,what has Maintain got to do with the whole ish,why not I am richer than you if at all you want to dignify Rugged's "am richer than you mantra",or you totally disregard that yarn.

More so ,if Mode was also exercise his "magical wand" of killing all wack rappers,he should start by advising those niggas close to him to improve their skill too.TDR man's 2 singles off his forthcoming album(If i catch you and the other one he did with Sound Sultan) are as watery as azospermia's patient's produce.If he spares his friends with their "wack songs" and go after Rugged,then definately i am missing something.

Whatever happened to "90% of your fans are on high heel"/90% of your fans doesnt exist" kinda beef.

Same thing happened to Rugged with Ruggedy baba whilst fighting some invisible foes.Ok accepted you have cleansed the augean stable,then dude forge ahead and give us some good tracks like what we had in the first album,rather than bask in the euphoria of "opomulero" forever.What has a pair of timberland and dyed clothe gotta do with making good music?

I am not even for the 2 of them forming an alliance,but they can do their thing without crossing each other's path.

Salt and sugar both have sweetening effect;in their own special ways and neither can be substituted for each other.

They should just make good music and stop these puerile antics.

blinx:

I need a response for that too.If he's that old,then he's looking real good
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2009
@kay_pumpin
I totally agree with you. If Rugged come with the i saved the industry yarns again in his next album i might be offended. But i dont think he will cos he only said it in ruggedy baba track in his last album. He might not repeat it again in his next album but i still xpext the usual hip hop braging.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2009
blinx:

Heard he graduated in 1992 at the age of 25 so that makes him 41 or 42, no??

Though most Mode 9 fans will be quick to adjudge his recent work as the best thing since LCD,most Hip Hop heads who are neutral and are not in either side of the divide on this issue will agree with me that PS doesn't have the depth of EPU(One amongst many).In his bid to diss and "finish Rugged's career",dude just lost sight of so many things altogether.A ggod example is his so called "diss song of all time".I mean what does dude want to achieve with "u claim u r rich but u still skinny".Does Gates',Yaradua,Pharrel,Snoop stature indicate inability to feed or something.OR what cheap score was he trying to get with "Maintain is richer than you".For Heaven's sake,what has Maintain got to do with the whole ish,why not I am richer than you if at all you want to dignify Rugged's "am richer than you mantra",or you totally disregard that yarn

Exactly ma sentiments. . . . . . .How big was Michael Jackson when he ruled the universe??
Mode-9 is the most watery MC in Lagos. . . . . . .Any of the NL netcees would do better than M-9's overrated lyrics.
"U claim u r rich but u still skinny, ur neck long like foul. . . . . .U wear headwarmer". . . .How is this a dope diss??
"When i diss-a-baba, i am not talking Ethiopia". . . . .I am sorry for the future of Naija rap industry if this is what people rate as the best.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2009
sauron quit all this mode9 is whack shit!!!!!!
which of hissongs av u listened to
name them
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2009
tosinaded@:

sauron quit all this mode9 is whack shit!!!!!!
which of hissongs av u listened to
name them

All his songs. . . . . .I have a friend who gave me his albums and i ain't convinced.
Had Bouqui not changed from gangstar rap into gospel, she would whup Mode-9 in a battle.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

All his songs. . . . . .I have a friend who gave me his albums and[b] i ain't convinced[/b].
Had Bouqui not changed from gangstar rap into gospel, she would whup Mode-9 in a battle.

there is more to this sauron!!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2009
tosinaded@:

there is more to this sauron!!!!!

Nah. . . . . . .I recognise a dope MC when i see one.
I was in a party last friday and i met Bouqui(who was in London to make a video). . .We got talking and i told her to drop some verses.
U can tell she's got the talent. . . . .not a Arrow like Modey who feeds off ghostwriters.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by blinx(m): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2009
I dont know why it's Rugged's fans that'll always be reasonable but Mode's can never. Look at Tosin askind Sauran to soft pedal on Mode. Can Khanye ask Javalove to take it easy on Rugged? Pls Khanye ansa that question.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nah. . . . . . .I recognise a dope MC when i see one.
I was in a party last friday and i met Bouqui(who was in London to make a video). . .We got talking and i told her to drop some verses.
U can tell she's got the talent. . . . .not a Arrow like Modey who feeds off ghostwriters.

sure bouqui is a talent, same as blaise!!!!

but really sauron uve gotta agree modey's got talent but might not be the best in ur opinion!!!!
i would rather listen to saucekid, freestyle, naeto c, cos i feel the dude modey is too stereotype!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by kaypumpin2(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2009
Le Chac,

I will understand if you claim Mode 9 could be verbose when he's supposed to kill 'em with brevity.I will also comprehend hombre,if you claim is delivery aint on point,but to call some one who "spat" contradiction "wack"! shocked,then you can NEVER be convinced.Mode 9 is good,the only problem i have is the way his fans push issue to another level to annihilate Rugged's personae.Rugged's got delivery and make rapping "palatable with the way he switches style( i.e Jimmy Jatt's jump off off his definiton CD),and Mode 9 is a lyricist.

Forget the Ethiopia thingy for a mo and listen to some othe tracks not already "over praised" by his NL fans i.e contradiction,My skin is black,et al.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2009
tosinaded@:

sure bouqui is a talent, same as blaise!!!!

Goodness me!!! So we can actually agree on something?? grin grin grin

but really sauron uve gotta agree modey's got talent but might not be the best in ur opinion!!!!
i would rather listen to saucekid, freestyle, naeto c, cos i feel the dude modey is too stereotype!!!!

Ok. . . . . .Mode-9 is talented but his fans kinda overrated him with his last album.
There's nuthing really special but of course he would be among the top 5 rap cats in Nigeria.
Thatz a helluva achievement considering Nigeria is the most populous Black Nation in the world.

kay_pumpin:

Le Chac,

I will understand if you claim Mode 9 could be verbose when he's supposed to kill 'em with brevity.I will also comprehend hombre,if you claim is delivery aint on point,but to call some one who "spat" contradiction "wack"! shocked,then you can NEVER be convinced.Mode 9 is good,the only problem i have is the way his fans push issue to another level to annihilate Rugged's personae.[b]Rugged's got delivery and make rapping "palatable with the way he switches style( i.e Jimmy Jatt's jump off off his definiton CD)[/b]and Mode 9 is a lyricist.

That is what i like about Rugged. . . . . .He could switch styles.
Jeez. . . ."Thy Album Cometh" is the best rap CD from the coast of Nigeria, i don't care what anyone feels.
Ok, i agree his last album wasn't as good as his debut album but how many dope rappers have been able to match their debut albums.
50 cent, Snoop, Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie and many more cats are still struggling to match any of their albums with their debut so why hang Ruggedman??

Forget the Ethiopia thingy for a mo and listen to some othe tracks not already "over praised" by his NL fans i.e contradiction,My skin is black,et al.

Gimme 5 mins to listen to "My Skin Is Black" again. . . . . . .It seems i am missing something. tongue
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by kaypumpin2(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2009
While you at it,try laying your hands on Contradiction,Nine and Spartan.

These are some of his good tracks,i feel contradiction will be a HIT in any HipHop show anywhere in the world too.

Surprisingly,i am a Rugged fan tongue
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Rugged's personae.Rugged's got delivery and make rapping "palatable with the way he switches style( i.e Jimmy Jatt's jump off off his definiton CD)

just listened to the track!!! avnt listened to that track since i got the album
rugged killed it mehn!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2009
khanye:

We talking about skill he's talking about money.
What's RUgged achievement last year Blinx ansa this.

It's just funny that you guyz are saying all kinda shit about mode.
Let's leave the money,cloth,cars talk out of this.
Mode will devour 20 Rugheadman.

no make i vex o khanye!!!!!
wut are u saying
persn win rap album of the year u still dey ask question!!!!!

u say i aint about money but skill!!! were u deaf wen modey was saying shit about maintain aving more money and cocoa yam head and bla bla?
is that part of skill??
rubbish!!!!!!

mode is lost!!!!!!

u dey yab say maintain get money pass person meanwhile that person get money pass u!!!!!
isnt that funny?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries / DOWNLOAD MP3: Quavo Ft. Normani & Davido – Swing / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Releases “Get Busy” Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.