Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman (25280 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
khanye:

The track is wack like eedris' oko ashewo.

pathetic embarassed
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by DBR: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2009
Really? 8 tracks on PS aimed at Rugeddy?
C'mon guys,
It's only smone who doesnt know M-9 from
way back that'll say that. We cant just always assume
that any track that adresses wacks, fake cats,sellin' out
dumbed down issues are directed at rugeddy ,, c'mon.
Except we are inferin that those tags are synonymous to Ruggedy
And that's one of the misconception that fuelled this beef
on Ruggedy's side.If that's the case, it means even the
MalcomIX album is a Ruggedman's diss album .
However if u count 8 Ruggedy diss track from M-9 last work
im sure i can match same number from Ruggedy's.
But on the real i feel these 2 cats, i just respect one more.
oNe
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by semid4lyfe(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2009
wow, ---------this issue has been overflogged and I guess its time I yarn my ''church mind'

The simple truth is modenine is the best rap (hiphop) artist in naija----------Anybody who says otherwise sure doesn't know what hip-hop is all about-------M9's punchlines,wordplay,metaphors are crazy and damn too intelligent--------no other artist comes close------not even MI (oya make una crucify me).

The only reason why I have sided with Ruggedman and yabbed M9 in the past is simply because I dont like the way Javalove and co diss ruggedman every day in this forum, its so annoying.---------as if they're paid to do so and they get a kick from doing so.

Back to da diss, Mode9 buried ruggedman wt deathblow and I think it will be suicidal for Ruggedman to reply cos he couldn't do a reply that will be 1/4 as good so he has done the next best thing which is to grant press interviews-------how I wish he could put those words to rap cos the interview was loaded but the truth is he can't. Any how sha---------I like both rappers---------------dem dey try------e no easy jare
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by donjazzie(m): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2009
semid4lyfe:

wow, ---------this issue has been overflogged and I guess its time I yarn my ''church mind'

The simple truth is modenine is the best rap (hiphop) artist in naija----------Anybody who says otherwise sure doesn't know what hip-hop is all about-------M9's punchlines,wordplay,metaphors are crazy and damn too intelligent--------no other artist comes close------not even MI (oya make una crucify me).

The only reason why I have sided with Ruggedman and yabbed M9 in the past is simply because I dont like the way Javalove and co diss ruggedman every day in this forum, its so annoying.---------as if they're paid to do so and they get a kick from doing so.

Back to da diss, Mode9 buried ruggedman wt deathblow and I think it will be suicidal for Ruggedman to reply cos he couldn't do a reply that will be 1/4 as good so he has done the next best thing which is to grant press interviews-------how I wish he could put those words to rap cos the interview was loaded but the truth is he can't. Any how sha---------I like both rappers---------------dem dey try------e no easy jare

I feel Ruggedman and Mode 9 and I think this is all about music all I expect from ruggedman is a diss track killing mode 9 which he doesn't seem to be able to prove never in the history of hip hop have i seen any artiste go to the press when their are so many studio's and free beats rugged can kill mode with.

Just concluding here that rugged can't stand mode 9 when it comes to music like real hip hop music and there's an assignment Mode 9 has left for him on deathblow pt1 and until he re disses mode 9. ruggedman remains a failure in music no matter how much he's got in the bank,
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by dammiecool(m): 2:26pm On Feb 13, 2009
@semid4lyfe
Guy u no like mode @ all,u want mode 2 kill himself, u say make rugged put d words of d interview  on a track,i think rugged is just merciful by grantin interview,a track can last 4 a life time but interviews will fade quickly,Rugged doesnt want modes unborn children 2 see dem papa as a failure.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by bgees(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2009
i saw a chevrolet crossfire today. its very fly and it will definately inspire mode 9.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2009
A rugged baba who cant even freestlye
talkless of replying a diss track grin
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by ofokasibe: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2009
khanye:

95% of nigerian rappers cant freestyle. check jimmy's jump off!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by ruggedlynx: 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2009
Ruggedy baba is my man but why isn't he releasing his own diss track to combat Death blow?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by WarfyBoy(m): 12:02am On Feb 14, 2009
dammiecool:

@semid4lyfe
Guy u no like mode @ all,u want mode 2 kill himself, u say make rugged put d words of d interview  on a track,i think rugged is just merciful by grantin interview,a track can last 4 a life time but interviews will fade quickly,Rugged doesnt want modes unborn children 2 see dem papa as a failure.

ABEG TELL THEM,

U GUYS SHLD TRY AND LISTEN TO 2SHOT "FAST MONI" FT AY.COM N TERRY G, NA THERE UNA GO _STAND WETIN RUGGED DEY TLK ABT
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 12:18am On Feb 14, 2009
Warfy Boy:

ABEG TELL THEM,

U GUYS SHLD TRY AND LISTEN TO 2SHOT "FAST MONI" FT AY.COM N TERRY G, NA THERE UNA GO _STAND WETIN RUGGED DEY TLK ABT

upload the song abeg
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Phlota(f): 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2009
khanye:

dnt mind him o
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2009
khanye:

i wonder when freestyles became so easy that u really think its easy to freestyle than to reply a diss track undecided
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2009
ruggedlynx:

Ruggedy baba is my man but why isn't he releasing his own diss track to combat Death blow?

He's scared cheesy

tosinaded@:

i wonder when freestyles became so easy that u really think its easy to freestyle than to reply a diss track undecided

Do you really understand what i said there
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by ElliotOse(m): 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2009
According to your suggestions i'd agree that mode has f***d up so tell me,whose side of the beef are you on?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by ElliotOse(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2009
Omo bone,e bi lik say the issue dey blow.Rugged can diss bt unfortunately he couldn't stand mode and MI testified to it,well,i guess ruggedman's better than someone, "IDRIS ABDULKAREEM" or what do ya'll think?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by DBR: 7:40am On Feb 24, 2009
Elliot(Ose:

Omo bone,e bi lik say the issue dey blow.Rugged can diss bt unfortunately he couldn't stand mode and MI testified to it,well,i guess ruggedman's better than someone, "IDRIS ABDULKAREEM" or what do ya'll think?
Oh? how is that?
Let out the gist cos i got some cheesy tots too grin
oNe
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Ruggedmail: 7:28pm On May 25, 2009
Mode 9 can cook all he wants to cook (atleast its obvious he is a glutton cos of how fat he is with the michelin tyre round his neck)
it doesnt change the fact that if nt for his deathblow track for rugged no one will be talkin abt him right now.Ruggedys hosting shows involvin gettin paid millions,mc'ing mtn media launches,been touring with Star Trek a tour we haerd Mod9s outing last year was so woefull he was not even considered this year.
Also heard our lyricist on d roll got bood off the stage in Lokoja at last years star mega jam after he was so unfortunate to come on after ruggedy.
Be whatever and how ever u want to be but if you are not successful in life you are on your own
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Ruggedmail: 7:35pm On May 25, 2009
D part ruggedy said pissed him off was when mod9 said he had incriminatin info on ruggedy.
IF MOD9 IS SO STRONG N BRAVE WHY DID HE CHICKEN OUT ON RUGGEDYS DARE FOR HIM TO BRING FORWARD THE INCRIMINATING INFO?
Even I was ashamed when mod9 di not say anything after that.Na there e end?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Ruggedmail: 7:39pm On May 25, 2009
over to mod9 fans,where is the incriminating info on ruggedy?Abi its now ur rapper that is scared in the face of a manly dare.I hope mod9 is nt all talk and no action o.We r waiting for the incriminatin info on ruggedy who seems (from what I see in d papers and facebook) to be doing a lot for himself.
APart from dissing ruggedy,can someone tell me one tangible thing mod9 has done this year.Dont say hip hop world award for lyricist on the roll because all of us now don know dat story ha ha ha ha
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Ruggedmail: 8:06pm On May 25, 2009
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by kaydee(m): 9:46am On May 26, 2009
[size=18pt]"Never underestimate the power of fools in large groups"[/size]

Where did this one come from again? Rugged mail ko,Rugged letter ni
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by donjazzie(m): 10:34am On May 26, 2009
kaydee:

[size=18pt]"Never underestimate the power of fools in large groups"[/size]

Where did this one come from again? Rugged mail ko,Rugged letter ni

Thank you thank you. . .

I started reading the beginning of this thread, i.e the Interview and if not fools who wouldn't have realized that the whole interview would have been better put on a track.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by dammiecool(m): 11:00am On May 26, 2009
Ruggedman lands in ‘Nokia millions’
Written by Vanguard
Saturday, 23 May 2009

He may not have received any nominations at the Hip Hop World Awards ‘09, yet it doesn’t mean things aren’t happening for him. Ruggedman has just sealed a ring tone deal with phone giants, Nokia. This is only one of the good things happening for this rapper around now.
The song whose rights have been bought by Nokia is taken off his 2008 Hip Hop World Awards Best Rap Album titled Ruggedy Baba. The deal was brokered by Carl Racca of Orangotang and the rapper is said to be paid in an undisclosed amount of dollars. The package, we learn, is to include a tour around a number of European countries whose details are still being finalised.

The popular award winning rapper also received another award recently in Ibadan and then had the rare privilege of having an award christened after him elsewhere in Ibadan.

The rapper who is currently on tour with Star Trek after successfully hosting Star Quest—Nigerian Breweries PLC’s singing talent hunt show, and compering the official media launch of MTN’s second edition of Project Fame is head over heels at the moment for all of these happenings.
Away in Ibadan, rapper Ruggedman received the ‘Dream Come True Well Done Award’, a trophy specifically awarded to people who have become icons in their field and are generally admired for their accomplished feats in their field(s) of endeavour. It was presented to the rapper by Jazzy B, host of ‘Dream Come true’; a popular talk show aired on local stations in Ibadan and Mnet.

In the same vein, students of the University of Ibadan have decided to name the ‘Most Talented Award’- to be given out in the first ever students’ award night in the university’s history- after Ruggedman. It is christened ‘the Ugochukwu Stephens Ruggedman Award’.

The University of Ibadan Students Award is designed to encourage students in their academic pursuits and extra curricular activities and to discourage social vices on campus.

To show support and appreciation, the rapper has vowed to be present at the ceremony as he recognises the honour to be a first in Nigeria- ‘when an award is named after an artist’.

Additionally, news has it that Ruggedman is about to shoot another video for his next, third and last album. It will be directed by Dede Oji; the same who was behind the ‘Banging’ video which is getting rotation on Tv stations nationwide, in Europe and the internet.
So don’t be surprised when you buy the Nokia 5800 Xpress music phone and you find Ruggedman’s “Club Rugged” as one of the ring tones.

Mode 0 where u @
Haters where una dey
Abeg continue to hate dis guy so that he can make more money cos d more una dey hate d more money he makes grin
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by donjazzie(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2009
There's a question I still will keep looking for a truthful answer I know a lot of people know in their hearts.

Who is the better rapper?

while you all start shouting money. rake which money?

Na only am dey do shows.

Show talent to prove skill that's what music business is.

Reply diss track, u didn't, I became a ruggedman fan when he dissed people.at leats he was better back then now him see battle war he not fit stand

That his next album better be worth calling a last album

too bad the best talents are never rep'ed in Nigeria. it's only who has more money.

Must we politicize everything in Nigeria?
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by dammiecool(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2009
What skill una dey talk about, mode zero havin good lyrics doesnt make him d best rapper
mode zero doest have delivery,some of his tracks sound as if hes making noise,he cannot connect to a large no of naijahiphop fans,d beef of a thing 2 me was born out of envy.I will be glad if someone can tell me why mode 0 waited so long b4 dissin Rugged why cant bigg babbie diss Rugged immediately after ehen To be d best u most have it all. cool
Mode 0 is not d best cool
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by donjazzie(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2009
Brother I dey talk rap skills.

Mode 9 get good lyrics. . If he's not the best I bet you realize he's better than Ruggedman. . .lol (at least for now until I receive a reply for Deathblow from ruggedman which floors deathblow as truth be told that's the illest diss track outta naija)

Mode 9 doesn't have Delivery?I strongly believe you are speculating here.Pls sample to the Album before his present i.e One amongst Many. .( i don't want to talk abt his present album)

He cannot connect to 'Naija' Hiphop fans because Mode 9 raps for people who listen to intelligent rap and listen intelligently.

The beef thing wasn't born out of envy as rugged had been throwing subliminals @ Mode 9 on songs as well as he's press fanfare and actually I heard he said some disrespecting Stuff abt they rapper in SWATROOTS (not exact with what he said tho I think it about rapping in English and Pidgin.

Reading the above paragraph, coupled with the fact that mode 9 wasn't addressed on ehen you don't expect mode 9 to give rugged a reply for ehen.

'to be the best you must have it all' - I so so stand to be corrected, that statement is neither a fact or true

[b]Mode 9 is not the best but He is better that rugged. [/b]I've listened to OD's Album, (don't Hate). That guy is the Best based on my own personal assessment. I personally I don't believe Mode 9 is the best. The point on this issue is Micwise he's better that Ruggedman
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by dammiecool(m): 1:38pm On May 26, 2009
eedris,matain n rasquie didnt diss ruggedman b4 he did ehen
Rugged felt they were not doing it right dats why e yab dem.
I expect mode to diss rugged immediatly after ehen to tell us rugged himself dissin people is not hiphop.
after many years na hin mode zero know say raskie was wack n rugged is wacker
so mode just woke after many years to tell us rugged is not doing it right

Mode 9 is not the best but He is better that rugged-I guess u mean lyricaly(which I dont totaly agree with)
cos in other aspect Rugged rules
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by javalove(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2009
FOR GOD'S SAKE MODE 9 DOESNT RAP FOR SHOE MAKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT TAKES SOME LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE FOR U TO UNDERSTAND MODENINE LYRICS!!!!!

LETS STOP ALL THIS COMPARISM WIV RUG HEAD MAN . . I FEEL ITS AN INSULT ON MDENINE
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by donjazzie(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2009
javalove:

FOR GOD'S SAKE MODE 9 DOESNT RAP FOR SHOE MAKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT TAKES SOME LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE FOR U TO UNDERSTAND MODENINE LYRICS!!!!!

LETS STOP ALL THIS COMPARISM WIV RUG HEAD MAN . . I FEEL ITS AN INSULT ON MDENINE

LMAO
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by dammiecool(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2009
so because mode zero consult d dictionary,pick vocab when writin his lyrics makes him inteligent abi
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by donjazzie(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2009
dammiecool:

so because mode zero consult d dictionary,pick vocab when writin his lyrics makes him inteligent abi

Na Yam abi na beans.

If na beans make ruggedy do am now

It's one thing to learn with dictionary another na d ability to use wetin u don learn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

African Artistes With The Most UK Singles Chart Entries / DOWNLOAD MP3: Quavo Ft. Normani & Davido – Swing / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Releases “Get Busy” Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.