Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port (34642 Views)

FG Budgets N1Billion For Ibaka Deep Seaport / Portharcourt And Warri Deep Sea Port MOU Signed., Amaechi To Senate / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by ezeagu(m): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lmao @ Nigeria and soft power in the same sentence. What soft power does Nigeria have? You mean the same country that has about 70% of West African population, yet can't project any power whatsoever in the region - has soft power? Don't make me puke. Even Ghana is more of a regional power right now, than Nigeria is, in that region.

Err, let's say Nigeria has some vacuous soft power - I'd put the music industry as the source. Not a Nollywood that promotes witchcraft, primitiveness, and utter poor production/scripts. Folks just watch Nollywood movies for comic relief - a stain on Nigeria's image. grin

I don't have anything against Ghana, but for the sake of your argument, I don't know what the word for 'king' or 'God' is in Ashanti, I doubt most Nigerians can even name any cities outside Accra and Kumasi. Somebody in Rwanda right now is watching a film set in Owerri and about silly characters working in a mechanic shop, they know what 'igwe' means, they know what 'Chineke' means, and they can name more Nigerian celebrities than most Nigerians care to. These guys are contributing towards the Nigerian economy in some ways by watching these films online, or buying these films and keeping these guys relevant, therefore Nigeria has some soft power in that sense, and that's all the way to the Caribbean. Nollywood helps the Nigerian music industry, that's soft power. The music industry grew with Nollywood, it's not a coincidence. There is the power of the so called inconsequential industry.

SirShymexx:
Erm, a black MP won a parliament seat in area dominated by black people - how does that negate the fact that the black population in the UK is still a meagre 3%, and black folks are still inconsequential in the scheme of things?

This is the difference: http://www.completenewsng.com/uschina-south-korea-woo-igbo-entrepteneurs-lagos/

Plus the Igbo are indigenous to the country, and make up 30% + of the country, different economic, history factors to the UK, and so on...

SirShymexx:
And what's the correlation between a throne acquired indirectly via warfare from a rebellious leader pre-Nigeria, and folks trying to claim other people's lands just because they are allowed to live and thrive there?

The difference is that one group maintains imperial influence over you, and the other? Economic? Lol.
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by tmtech: 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
Its jst funny...

Definitely, igbo politicians are not interested in developing d SE... I don't make excuses for politicians. If its possible for u to loot billions, its shud also be possible to develop ur area.. GEJ surround himself wif a lot of SE technocrats and politicians yet SE is still not beta dan other regions... Donald duke did very well.. D rest failed, nw dey are inciting pple to cover dia failure by blaming the SW... Igbo politicians are more evil dan d devil himsef.. Trust me I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

you are a zombie

empty barrel with a tall rusty and brown cone head
Na elephantiasis of the scr0tum go kill ur papa
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by edogirl2: 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Calculia:

Good u have started getting sense now. Keep speaking for yourself and Lagos remains a no mans land as long as Nigeria exist and if yoruba want we will help them to burn down that place and we will all die together in the inferno.

We built it with our money and it belongs to us.

Olorun gba wa lowo ogun esu o.

So becos you dey vex (over nothing in particular), you're ready to kill yourself and everyone else grin

Total madness
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by esere826: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
some igbos and yorubas always fighting online
then screwing themselves offline

una well done ooooo

1 Like

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Na elephantiasis of the scr0tum go kill ur papa

buhari killed my papa i swear .

R.I.P daddy cry cry cry cry cry
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by emmatok(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
macjive01:
A high-wired plot to obstruct the actualisation of the Ibaka Deep Seaport project within the deep waters of Akwa Ibom State, by some highly placed persons working in tandem with some officials of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has been uncovered.

Daily Sun checks revealed that the plot is being hatched by some opposition (APC) governors and some highly placed Nigerians to obtain an ‘obnoxious letter’ from the NPA with a view to presenting the seaport project as not viable.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=63711

Foolish op, this report was ON MAY 16, 2014.

And you are blaming Yorubas for the failure of GEJ and SS/SE governors to implement their project on their land.

Hope you wont blame Yoruba s for the failure of the second- Niger bridges.

3 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by edogirl2: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
Calculia:

Why do benin people(those with yoruba parents) think they speak for other tribe in the state? Speak for dat small local government area called Benin becos once Nigeria finish everybody go answer their papa name.

So, if everybody go answer their papa name, me I go dey answer my papa name for my village. You nko, you wan answer yours from Abule Ebga?

You dey craze o.

4 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
emmatok:

Foolish op, this report was ON MAY 16, 2014.

And you are blaming Yorubas for the failure of GEJ and SS/SE governors to implement their project on their land.

Hope you wont blame Yoruba s for the failure of the second- Niger bridges.

i thought you are from calabar ? eeee
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by knowledgeable: 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
macjive01:
A high-wired plot to obstruct the actualisation of the Ibaka Deep Seaport project within the deep waters of Akwa Ibom State, by some highly placed persons working in tandem with some officials of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has been uncovered.

Daily Sun checks revealed that the plot is being hatched by some opposition (APC) governors and some highly placed Nigerians to obtain an ‘obnoxious letter’ from the NPA with a view to presenting the seaport project as not viable.

The plot, investigations revealed, was designed to ensure that the Ibaka Deep Seaport Initiative does not see the light of day, thereby paving way for development of new seaports in other parts of the country.

It was gathered that the conspiracy against Akwa Ibom State seeks to discredit the seaport project under a ‘non-viability cover’, despite the fact that the Federal Government had set up an implementation committee to facilitate preparatory works and captured the project in the 2014 budget, having been convinced that the port would boost the nation’s economy and that of the West African sub-region.

The Akwa Ibom State Government in collaboration with the NPA is planning to develop a Deep Sea Port within the Ibom Industrial Free Trade Zone to facilitate economic development of the South Eastern part of Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea.

Checks by Daily Sun further revealed that in December 2012, the government had engaged international consultants to assist NPA in the execution of preliminary technical, bankability and feasibility studies which found the project viable and bankable with proven economic development capabilities within the region.

Sources revealed that the choice of Ibaka for the proposed seaport dated back to 1952 by the British government, and a feasibility study to that effect submitted to the British Crown even before the shallow and inland water ports at Calabar and Port Harcourt were established.

Maritime analysts posited that Ibaka is the most viable location for the seaport, going by the deep sea draught of 16m, which would need no dredging as well as the strategic proximity of the proposed port to the corridors of the main Gulf of Guinea and the commercial cities of Aba and Onitsha, noting its nearness to Exxon Mobil and other major oil concerns as well as the Sao Tome and Principe is a great advantage to the nation’s economic drive.’’

An investment expert advised those plotting the failure to look elsewhere, saying no right thinking government would allow such a huge economic opportunity to be sacrificed on the alter of blind politics against principles of justice and fairness particularly for a state that was the highest crude oil producer and biggest contributor to national wealth.

He said it would be counter-productive to the ongoing Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan and a great disservice to both the South-South and West Africa’s hope for economic renaissance.

On the commitment of Akwa Ibom State Government to ensure that the project was a reality, officials of the government said the Akpabio administration had done all necessary preparatory works and that the state had made a huge financial commitment to its realisation, which included and acquisition of 14,400 hectares of land, appointment of transaction advisors as well as the setting up of an implementation committee to help drive the initiative.

State officials said the state governor’s readiness in supporting the Federal Government and other investors to actualise the dream was unshaken.

let them continue, as lagos without decongestion remains no man's land for eternity.

2 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by SirShymexx: 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
ezeagu:

I don't have anything against Ghana, but for the sake of your argument, I don't know what the word for 'king' or 'God' is in Ashanti, I doubt most Nigerians can even name any cities outside Accra and Kumasi. Somebody in Rwanda right now is watching a film set in Owerri and about silly characters working in a mechanic shop, they know what 'igwe' means, they know what 'Chineke' means, and they can name more Nigerian celebrities than most Nigerians care to. These guys are contributing towards the Nigerian economy in some ways by watching these films online, or buying these films and keeping these guys relevant, therefore Nigeria has some soft power in that sense, and that's all the way to the Caribbean. Nollywood helps the Nigerian music industry, that's soft power. The music industry grew with Nollywood, it's not a coincidence. There is the power of the so called inconsequential industry

Is that necessarily a Nollywood thing, or the fact that Nigeria has a huge population, and Nigerians everywhere? As small as Jamaica is, with less than 3million people - there's no country in black diaspora without Jamaica influence, due to how widely travelled they're. The black urban English in the UK, is heavily influenced by patois. Ditto most US cities, with large Jamaican population, Canada, France, Germany etc.. So, does that mean Jamaican soft power, based on ya logic?

Also, Afrobeats and Nollywood aren't intertwined cos most folks who listen to Afrobeats don't watch Nollywood movies. I don't watch Nigerian movies, and I don't know anyone who gives half-a-fvck about it - but everyone that I know listens to Afrobeats cos they play it in almost every club out here now. And that has more to do with the growing Nigerian population in the UK - than Nollywood.

This is the difference: http://www.completenewsng.com/uschina-south-korea-woo-igbo-entrepteneurs-lagos/

Stop going off on a tangent. In the article, it was clearly stated that the summit was organised by the Imo state government and they were invited. But in typical Igbo chest-beating way, you had to attach too much importance on an inconsequential summit.

Excerpt from the article:

They made the call at the 2015 South East Business Investment Summit held at the National Theatre in Lagos. The summit was organized by the Imo State Government Liaison Office Lagos.

Other states do have their own summits, whereby foreign investors are invited - how many of them attach chest-beating to it like you're doing with this one? I know of countless Lagos investment summits. Ditto Ogun and Oyo. But I'm yet to see them call it Yoruba Entrepreneurs being wooed by foreign investors. grin

Plus the Igbo are indigenous to the country, and make up 30% + of the country, different economic, history factors to the UK, and so on...

But are Igbos indigenous to Lagos? And what economic factors are you alluding to, when Igbos are inconsequential in all the major sectors in the Lagos economy?

The difference is that one group maintains imperial influence over you, and the other? Economic? Lol.

Economic - how? By small trading that's more of a nuisance than anything else, no? - hysterical.

List the major banks, industries, et al owned by Igbos in Lagos (don't include SS).

3 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by edogirl2: 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Calculia:

Why do benin people(those with yoruba parents) think they speak for other tribe in the state? Speak for dat small local government area called Benin becos once Nigeria finish everybody go answer their papa name.

My papa and mama na real edo, but them teach me well well say 'home' is in the village.

If I call my people and tell them say I wan fight over Lagos land, them go ask me if my head correct grin

That's clearly not the case with you.

9 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Scholes007(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
the south east and south south are not backward than any other region in any sense (Nigerian standard). (for those saying develop your area) but what they seek is relative independence from other regions

2 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by edogirl2: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Scholes007:
the south east and south south are not backward than any other region in any sense (Nigerian standard). (so for those saying develop your area) but what they seek is relative independence from other regions

We all want relative independence from one another (at least the Yorubas canvassed for regional autonomy at the national conference).

My question is why blame Yoruba for everything that ever goes wrong in our region (SS)? Are some SS folks just following Igbo agenda without focusing on their own issues?

They have their region, let them canvass their own interest.

11 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by blustone(m): 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
macjive01:
A high-wired plot to obstruct the actualisation of the Ibaka Deep Seaport project within the deep waters of Akwa Ibom State, by some highly placed persons working in tandem with some officials of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has been uncovered...

He said it would be counter-productive to the ongoing Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan and a great disservice to both the South-South and West Africa’s hope for economic renaissance.

Can you imagine what this would have meant for this region?
Massive economic boost and rapid industrialization...
Longer-lasting roads...
Haulage railway system...
Too numerous to mention.

Here's where GEJ missed it.
Focus on fewer things and do them well....!

Well, turning the page to June 1st...
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
You do not need NPA to build that Sea Port. If the Igbos are serious about economic revolution in the SS/SE bloc, the 11 States of the SS/SE bloc can finance construction of that port. It is the most viable way out of the fraud called Nigeria. I wish I have Dangote's financial might, I would have built that port 100% myself.

1 Like

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 17, 2015
Billyonaire:
You do not need NPA to build that Sea Port. If the Igbos are serious about economic revolution in the SS/SE bloc, the 11 States of the SS/SE bloc can finance construction of that port. It is the most viable way out of the fraud called Nigeria. I wish I have Dangote's financial might, I will build that port 100% myself.
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by edogirl2: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
Billyonaire:
You do not need NPA to build that Sea Port. If the Igbos are serious about economic revolution in the SS/SE bloc, the 11 States of the SS/SE bloc can finance construction of that port. It is the most viable way out of the fraud called Nigeria. I wish I have Dangote's financial might, I will build that port 100% myself.

Probably 10 states (minus Edo).

Makes no sense for Edo to invest in a project that is further away from them than Lagos sea ports.

Edos and Yorubas have traded for hundreds of years with no problems at all.

Lagos remains more viable for someone in Edo State.

9 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by SirShymexx: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ezeagu

Breakdown of the drivers of the Lagos economy by the Lagos state government.

Interestingly, seven (7) out of the 28 Sectors emerged as major drivers of Lagos economy:

- Manufacturing - 29.60%,

- Road Transport - 26.47%,

- Building and Construction - 19.70%,

- Wholesale and Retail - 8.39%,

- Telecommunications - 3.71%,

- Financial Institutions - 3.51%

- Real Estate - 2.01%.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/LAGOS_STATE_GDP2010.pdf (page 10)

^^^Which of these sectors is dominated by Igbos? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by otr1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
shizzleStar:
Bleeping, filthy mor.on

Please where is it stated that we want yorhba to help us construct the port? Why do you fools like to give yourselves over bloated self worth? Imagine this goat saying yorubas are superior and Igbos fear them...I laff in ijebu. Wonders shall never end!

Listen, you can only try but you cant thwart our progress much as you try. Worst comes go worst, the whole country and everyone will suffer for it, and do not expect us to stop getting on your nerves anytime soon. You can continue fanning your ego and revel in self praise, but any attempt to over-use your political advantage at the center will cripple the whole country.
So what's the essence of this topic if not begging the Yorubas to come to the rescue? What business have the Yorubas with Ibaka Port? Did we stop revenue flow from the FG to the East, or you just like blaming the Yorubas for your backwardness?
When was the last time we ever blame the Ibos for anything? If that's not a sign of superiority, then what's it? We have no point to prove to you, it's you Ibos who have been trying to prove superiority all these while, but turn around and accuse us of sabotaging you economically and politically. How is that posible for the weaker group to do? It's you people who have been blowing the ember of our ego by blaming us for your woes and even begging for help against Yoruba oppression and sabotage, as evident in this thread.
We know all your chest beating and obsession with us point to a fact; you're afraid of us. I've spent too much time with you people to be mistaken.
Since you've been exhibiting this unreciprocated hatred towards us and it's not working for you, isn't it time you try something else...something like worshipping us as your gods, may be, just may be, things we start working for you?grin

As for the last part of your post, if we've succeeded in ensuring your region remains backward( as you'd make us believe) without Federal might, what makes you think you stand a chance of crippling the country now that we have greater influence?
Isn't that giving us an excuse to turn you all to destitutes once and for all knowing fully well that we have an history of using economic and political weapons to win wars without firing a shot?
You better come back to your senses, you're not our match.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
edogirl2:

Makes no sense for Edo to invest in a project that is further away from them than Lagos sea ports.

For Shipping it has to be....closest location to your market, to your consumers, to your warehouse and shops. How viable is the road, train network to your stores. The schematics show better road network than Lagos-Benin which means faster transport time cos its going to be less busy. But then again, Edo can keep shipping from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by superstar1(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
edogirl2:

Likewise itshekiris in Warri.

6 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by superstar1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
SirShymexx:
Ezeagu

Breakdown of the drivers of the Lagos economy by the Lagos state government.

Interestingly, seven (7) out of the 28 Sectors emerged as major drivers of Lagos economy:

- Manufacturing - 29.60%,

- Road Transport - 26.47%,

- Building and Construction - 19.70%,

- Wholesale and Retail - 8.39%,

- Telecommunications - 3.71%,

- Financial Institutions - 3.51%

- Real Estate - 2.01%.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/LAGOS_STATE_GDP2010.pdf (page 10)

^^^Which of these sectors is dominated by Igbos? grin grin

I just love this my dude. Sit back and watch blabbing.

7 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by edogirl2: 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
Billyonaire:
For Shipping it has to be....closest location to your market, to your consumers, to your warehouse and shops. How viable is the road, train network to your stores. The schematics show better road network than Lagos-Benin which means faster transport time cos its going to be less busy. But then again, Edo can keep shipping from Lagos.

Benin to Akwa Ibom is a massive drag compared to Lagos - Ore - Benin.

While it would make a lot of sense for businesses in the SE and parts of the SS to access goods through Akwa Ibom, Lagos makes more sense for businesses in Benin. Edo State should not waste scarce resources pumping money into a project that its people will gain little benefit from.

6 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by SirShymexx: 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
superstar1:

I just love this my dude. Sit back and watch blabbing.

Lol. These folks are just vacuous rabble-rousers who thrive on making useless noise everywhere for lack of achievements. They can fool illiterates, not discerning minds. Everything about Lagos is easily accessible on the internet, for anyone who cares to check.

That was the same way the guy was making noise on a thread about some warehouse in China owned by an Igbo guy which employed a few Chinese workers. When there are tons of Yoruba businesses in the UK that have ethnic Brits working for them. Heck, I know some guy in his 20s, (around my age) who has a Job agency out here - and he has over 30 ethnic Brits working for him.

These folks are noisemakers. grin

8 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
edogirl2:

Benin to Akwa Ibom is a massive drag compared to Lagos - Ore - Benin.

While it would make a lot of sense for businesses in the SE and parts of the SS to access goods through Akwa Ibom, Lagos makes more sense for businesses in Benin. Edo State should not waste scarce resources pumping money into a project that its people will gain little benefit from.

We are merely speculating, there is no indication that any of the state governors will foresake looting and think of capital development. Most politicians are silly these days.
Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by ezeagu(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

Is that necessarily a Nollywood thing, or the fact that Nigeria has a huge population, and Nigerians everywhere? As small as Jamaica is, with less than 3million people - there's no country in black diaspora without Jamaica influence, due to how widely travelled they're. The black urban English in the UK, is heavily influenced by patois. Ditto most US cities, with large Jamaican population, Canada, France, Germany etc.. So, does that mean Jamaican soft power, based on ya logic?

Also, Afrobeats and Nollywood aren't intertwined cos most folks who listen to Afrobeats don't watch Nollywood movies. I don't watch Nigerian movies, and I don't know anyone who gives half-a-fvck about it - but everyone that I know listens to Afrobeats cos they play it in almost every club out here now. And that has more to do with the growing Nigerian population in the UK - than Nollywood.

Reggae and Jamaican culture can be considered Jamaica's soft power, but since Jamaican isn't a massive power in other areas, it wouldn't be accurate to describe it as a soft power. Nigeria however has economic power on the continent and also military power. All of these come together to form the countries over all power.

Nigerian music industry has grown with the help/influence of the Nigerian film industry. The Nigerian film industry is much bigger and much more influential than the Nigerian music industry.

SirShymexx:
Stop going off on a tangent. In the article, it was clearly stated that the summit was organised by the Imo state government and they were invited. But in typical Igbo chest-beating way, you had to attach too much importance on an inconsequential summit.

Excerpt from the article:

They made the call at the 2015 South East Business Investment Summit held at the National Theatre in Lagos. The summit was organized by the Imo State Government Liaison Office Lagos.

This is not an Imo State or South East economic summit, this is '2015 South East Business Investment Summit' for Igbo traders in Lagos, hence why it's being hosted in Lagos.

SirShymexx:
Other states do have their own summits, whereby foreign investors are invited - how many of them attach chest-beating to it like you're doing with this one? I know of countless Lagos investment summits. Ditto Ogun and Oyo. But I'm yet to see them call it Yoruba Entrepreneurs being wooed by foreign investors. grin

So that means that means you can show me a traders summit in Oyo, Ogun, etc where international traders were represented?

SirShymexx:
But are Igbos indigenous to Lagos? And what economic factors are you alluding to, when Igbos are inconsequential in all the major sectors in the Lagos economy?

Economic - how? By small trading that's more of a nuisance than anything else, no? - hysterical.

List the major banks, industries, et al owned by Igbos in Lagos (don't include SS).

The fact that you're comparing the South West of Nigeria's economy to even London is laughable. The vast majority of people do not survive on the informal sector in the UK, people in Nigeria do. The vast majority of the UK has an income of an average of over $30,000. If you want to compare the black population of the UK who make up less 2% of the UK, to the population of Igbo who make up 20% + of Nigeria, and well over 20% of Lagos, you're going to have to add the economic factors, historical factors, and demographic factors which includes per capita income for this laughable comparison.

The major banks in Lagos do not feed people in Lagos, the lock up shops, mama puts and second hand wears is what 90%+ of the 20 million people in Lagos survive on. Without that, there would be nobody in Lagos, just like there's nobody in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by superstar1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Billyonaire:
We are merely speculating, there is no indication that any of the state governors will foresake looting and think of capital development. Most politicians are silly these days.

We can all make them work by pressurising them through the social media and campaigns.

We should not allow them to keep mortgaging our future.

Electing good leaders is first step. If bad ones rigged their way in, we should still force them to work.

2 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Gbawe: 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
SirShymexx:

Shymexx, that BS is a big scam created by the empty chest-beating and braggadocio of some suffering from delusions of grandeur. Did you not see the whole picture expose thingy on Nairaland that showed many of these "CEO mansion-owners" to be hungry-looking and unkept urchins despite their empty chest-beating here? The fact is that Yorubas are firmly in control when you talk of Industry, property development and organised/multi-level businesses and the formal sector that create employment, pays taxes and grows.

You know my background so you understand the article I present below about the reality of Ghana, specifically Accra, which is similar to the situation of Lagos. Look at the list below to see the names of those engaged in big, formal and organised businesses/sectors that creates employment, pays huge taxes and are generally considered an asset to the host nation. Next minute you will see some braggarts claiming they "own" Accra merely because they are to be found in large number as petty traders in the markets in the City. A humble person would realise that even Chicken Republic, a Yoruba-owned fast food franchise operating in Ghana, generates more income, pays more taxes and employs far more Ghanaians then 60 petty trading stalls owned by igbos can manage to do. What would then be the point of those Igbo traders calling Yorubas "lazy and unambitious" when we are actually more successful at the end that matters whereas they only have large numbers in the petty trading sector as their main claim to 'dominance'. It is crazy dude and a fu*ked-up level of self-delusion.

Like I always say, if the Yorubas were braggart then this sh1te would not be funny as some would be shocked at the extent of their own self-delusion based on the 'supremacy' lies they have been told that led them to come here and brag only for pictures to show them as mainly unkept hustlers. I have no issues with anyone but when you start generalising and denigrating an assured, talented, innovative, intelligent and industrious people as "lazy and Unambitious" because of nothing but your own delusions of grandeur, driven by inferiority complex, then I will speak up with facts to show the Yorubas lag behind no one and are actually greater achievers than our understated nature predisposes against bragging about. I don't know how difficult it is for some to understand that petty trading and owning many small stalls does not mean you "own everything" and "control the economy". I even feel sorry for these guys because they are clearly victims of the malevolent indoctrination that has shaped their empty chest-beating, dishonesty and intellectual laziness.

http://citypeoplegroup.org/unveiling-nigerians-who-play-big-in-ghana/

UNVEILING NIGERIANS WHO PLAY BIG IN GHANA
0 COMMENT 21 MAR 2013 POSTED BY

•How They Run Big Banks & Insurance Companies

When it comes to activities in the Ghanaian economy, Nigeria no doubt is a big player. Nigeria is rated the 3rd biggest investor in Ghanaian economy, after the U.S and China and this explains the magnitude of the massive influence the country wields in terms of business and commerce in Ghana. It is also on record that Nigeria has led the revolution in some key sectors of the Ghanaian economy, especially in the banking and insurance sectors. This piece is about top Nigerian Corporate Executives who are steering the wheels of big corporate institutions and establishments in Ghana, with special focus on the Banking and Insurance sectors. Interestingly, there is no sector of the Ghanaian economy, where you will not find a Nigerian holding a big stake.
In the banking sector, there is no way the story of the current revolution in the Ghana banking industry would be told without the mention of names of Nigerian corporate titans who helped in reshaping the sector in the country. One of such men is Dolapo Ogundimu.. He is the Managing Director of Access Bank. Before he took up the job, Dolapo was the MD of Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana. A seasoned banker, Lekan Sanusi is the current MD of Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana Limited. Since he took over, he has kept the flag of the bank flying as one of the biggest financial institutions in Ghana. Zenith Bank is yet another Nigerian bank doing great in Ghana. Daniel Asiedu is the M/DCEO of the bank. Though Asiedu is a Ghanaian, he had spent most part of his career in Nigeria. Another man doing great in the banking sector is Oliver Alawuba. He is the Managing Director of United Bank of Africa (UBA) in Ghana. UBA is one of the best banks in Ghana at the moment.
Ghanaians can also not forget Nigerian multi-billionaire businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim in a jiffy. He is one of the men who had done so well for the Ghanaian banking industry. He established Energy Bank 2 years ago and today, the bank has 7 branches across the country. It was adjudged the Most Liquid Bank in Ghana last year and also one of the 2 with the Best Profit After Tax out of 28 banks. The Managing Director of Energy Bank Ghana Limited is Mr. Sam Ayinuola. He has been doing so well for the bank and has been bettering the fortunes of the bank. There is also Mr. Isaac Shedowo, who is the Deputy General Manager of Energy Bank.
There is also Mr. Michael Osikoya, who is the Head, Financial Control and Corporate Planning of the Bank. Seasoned Nigerian politician, Senator Iyiola Omisore is another big player in the Ghana banking industry. He, alongside some other Nigerian businessmen floated the First Atlantic Merchant Bank Ghana Limited last year. The bank is set to bring a ne experience to the industry. Another Nigerian entrepreneur who is playing a good role in the Ghanaian banking sector is Oye Balogun. He is one of the new Nigerian businessmen who just moved into banking in Ghana.
In the insurance sector, Nigerians are equally playing big. In that sector in Ghana, there are equally a lot of big names who have done well. There are names like that of Dolapo Balogun. He is one of the Nigerians who play big in Ghana where he owns a lot of investments. He started off as a big player in the Insurance sector in Nigeria, having taken over his dad’s insurance business and he has successfully taken it to the next level; expanding the company’s operations to Ghana few years back.
You cannot also forget names like Iyiola Saraki who is the MD of Nem Insurance Ghana Limited. There is also Roy Bernard, who runs Capital Assurance, Ghana Limited. Another prominent name in the Ghanaian insurance sector is Bode Oseni, who runs Regency Assurance Ghana Limited. Bode is one of the finest hands in the business of Insurance. In Ghana today, Equity Assurance ranks among the biggest in the Insurance sector. A seasoned insurance guru, Prince Yemi Adetuwo is the MD/CEO of the company. Another big name in the industry is Isola Akintunde. He is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Equity Assurance Ghana Limited.
There is also Prince Uche Okugo, who runs International Energy Insurance (I.E.I) Ghana Limited. We also have Abiodun Razak. He is the Managing Director of Intercontinental/WAPIC Insurance Ghana Limited. The insurance company, which has been doing well in Ghana over the years, has David Duduyemi as its General Manager.
Leaseafic Ghana Limited is a leading name in Finance and leasing services in Ghana. A seasoned Accountant, Alex Mbakogu is the General Manager of the company.

–Tope Aileru

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Menace2Society(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
Must Igbos blame Yoruba for all their misfortunes haba!u lots always find something to cry about undecided Ijaw slaves grin

3 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Calculia: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
edogirl2:

My papa and mama na real edo, but them teach me well well say 'home' is in the village.

If I call my people and tell them say I wan fight over Lagos land, them go ask me if my head correct grin

That's clearly not the case with you.

Good, go ask ur people that came to fight in the east over the east independence, if their head correct. Maybe dem miss road. Listen man i dont have time for your shi.t chat. I stand by my words.

3 Likes

Re: HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
superstar1:

We can all make them work by pressurising them through the social media and campaigns.

We should not allow them to keep mortgaging our future.

Electing good leaders is first step. If bad ones rigged their way in, we should still force them to work.
Where is the future, when history has been re-elected to define a tomorrow ? There is no future to even mortgage. We are back to the 1980s.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB / Boko Haram Strikes Again In Adamawa, Burns Down Military Artillery / IPOB Plans To Attack Buhari In Japan: Abike Dabiri Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.