Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1228390 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2016
TonySpike:

Apparently, he was Dumbledore's younger brother in Harry Potter. Ciaran was also in Game of Thrones, in the Kingdom beyond the great wall. See his picture:

I think this Zack Snyder's Justice League will have a Game of Throne vibe because of the mythology to be explored. Don't forget the cinematographer for Game of Throne is not with Snyder. What do you think of the new Wonder Woman trailer?
its a cool trailer but...its DC. Why medieval vibe to JL? God, Snyder's killing it for me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2016
Minemrys:

its a cool trailer but...its DC. Why medieval vibe to JL? God, Snyder's killing it for me.

Snyder said it long ago that he wants to explore Justice League origin from a Mythological perspective. The beginning of the movie will justify why Snyder is using this approach. The motherbox wars united the three ancient race: Man, amazonians and Atlanteans. So from an ancient perspective, the Game of Throne vibe is needed.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:48am On Nov 07, 2016
Saw this comment somewhere and decided to share it:

"People say superman is too dark and depressing in these movies. They couldn't be more wrong. Superman himself isn't dark, he's put in modern times, the movies setting is TODAY'S WORLD. We live in a post 9/11 world, a world where people fear and hate illegal aliens, a world where people L-O-V-E to complain, people are so sensitive and easily offended these days, and the media who'll say ANYTHING to get attention even if it means bending the truth and even then just to push their own political agenda. Here, superman tries to be the superman we know but the world around him won't let him, look no further than what Parry said "its not 1938. WPA aint hiring no more, apple's don't cost a nickle, the American conscience died with Robert (Kennedy), Martin (Luthor king jr.) and John (f. Kennedy)." In the 70's Chris Reeve movie, people automatically loved him. They welcomed him in open arms and took his word for it that he'll fight for "truth, justice and the American way (which no one's supposed to talk about anymore)". This movie questions "how much power is 'too much?" There's nothing wrong with bringing in realism and having the viewer think about today's world around them. "superman is supposed to save EVERYONE!" they demand. well if he could then what would be the point of a justice league? Whats wrong with having people die to show how serious the situation is? The MCU makes it out to be some huge party with one liners and gags to lighten the mood. At least Sam Raimi's spiderman knew when it was time to stop being funny and start getting down to business whenever the situation called for it. I'll take tension/drama over action/comedy"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
TonySpike:
Saw this comment somewhere and decided to share it:

"People say superman is too dark and depressing in these movies. They couldn't be more wrong. Superman himself isn't dark, he's put in modern times, the movies setting is TODAY'S WORLD. We live in a post 9/11 world, a world where people fear and hate illegal aliens, a world where people L-O-V-E to complain, people are so sensitive and easily offended these days, and the media who'll say ANYTHING to get attention even if it means bending the truth and even then just to push their own political agenda. Here, superman tries to be the superman we know but the world around him won't let him, look no further than what Parry said "its not 1938. WPA aint hiring no more, apple's don't cost a nickle, the American conscience died with Robert (Kennedy), Martin (Luthor king jr.) and John (f. Kennedy)." In the 70's Chris Reeve movie, people automatically loved him. They welcomed him in open arms and took his word for it that he'll fight for "truth, justice and the American way (which no one's supposed to talk about anymore)". This movie questions "how much power is 'too much?" There's nothing wrong with bringing in realism and having the viewer think about today's world around them. "superman is supposed to save EVERYONE!" they demand. well if he could then what would be the point of a justice league? Whats wrong with having people die to show how serious the situation is? The MCU makes it out to be some huge party with one liners and gags to lighten the mood. At least Sam Raimi's spiderman knew when it was time to stop being funny and start getting down to business whenever the situation called for it. I'll take tension/drama over action/comedy"

wow. Had a nice read.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by hysteriabox(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2016
TonySpike:
Hahahahahahaha

Suicide squad... literally the worse movie I have watched this year. Its unfortunate when expectations are dashed this bad. So not looking forward to any DC Comic movie. Wonder woman is very enticing (maybe because the lady is hot*wink*) but damn! I ll rather wait for Marvel's Black Panther than attempt raising my hopes on DC Comic. Haba, dem no try at all
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
hysteriabox:

Suicide squad... literally the worse movie I have watched this year. Its unfortunate when expectations are dashed this bad. So not looking forward to any DC Comic movie. Wonder woman is very enticing (maybe because the lady is hot*wink*) but damn! I ll rather wait for Marvel's Black Panther than attempt raising my hopes on DC Comic. Haba, dem no try at all

Good for you...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
hysteriabox:

noted

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kraftykc(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2016
hysteriabox:

Wow. Worse movie of 2016? Lol that's cute.

Independence Day 2, Turtle Ninjas 2, and Ghostbusters would like to see you over there

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2016
Guys Young Justice season 3 have just been announced by Warner bros!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lh19:
Guys Young Justice season 3 have just been announced by Warner bros!!! grin grin grin

You watching??
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2016
It's good to have young justice back. The last episode left a lot of confusion...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
kraftykc:

Wow. Worse movie of 2016? Lol that's cute.

Independence Day 2, Turtle Ninjas 2, and Ghostbusters would like to see you over there

The guy hasn't obviously watched a lot of movies this year, I think. He's rather on his own with that opinion.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
shockwave91:

You watching??

Yh I watched the 1st two seasons before it got cancelled, and honestly it was the best animated series I had ever watched.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
TonySpike:
It's good to have young justice back. The last episode left a lot of confusion...

The way kid flash died and Vandal Savage took the war world to Darkseid, they left too many cliffhangers at the end of it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lh19:

Yh I watched the 1st two seasons before it got cancelled, and honestly it was the best animated series I had ever watched.

Been trying Netflixing it but the internet over here is a piece of faeces. Saw like the first 3 episodes and they were really good. Hopefully I complete the whole thing before 3rd season comes around

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
shockwave91:

Been trying Netflixing it but the internet over here is a piece of faeces. Saw like the first 3 episodes and they were really good. Hopefully I complete the whole thing before 3rd season comes around

Honestly I highly recommend you do that.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lana1(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lh19:
Finally!! \o/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lh19:
This better be true, don't be playing with my emotions.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Ultimatesammie(m): 3:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
cao:

it is, has already been confirmed YJ is back.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hahahahahaha...DC Rebirth no try o

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
cao:

It's the plain truth cuz the director tweeted it himself and I literally jumped around the house when I woke up to that tweet cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lana1:
Finally!! \o/

Gaskiya finally.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ciaran Hinds isn't exactly an actor that generates excitement for me. With him, I'm like ' let's see what we'll get '. Hope he does a good job as SteppenWolf. I want to see the actor that did a good job with Mance Rayder not the cringe-worthy performance of Hitman : Agent 47.

I also pray losing Famuyiwa doesn't mess with The Flash. Any of the key player movies (WW, Bats, Flash ) gets messed up and DCEU will flame up.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
History never lies. Even President Donald Trump approved Ben Affleck as Batman when others had no faith in him!

[url]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/380401743198056448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/url]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
who knows the title of the theme music thAt was playing in dawn of justice when supermAn saved that little gal fRom the fire
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:49am On Nov 15, 2016
MJBOLT:
who knows the title of the theme music thAt was playing in dawn of justice when supermAn saved that little gal fRom the fire

The theme is called "Day of the dead".
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2016
TonySpike:
The theme is called "Day of the dead".
thanks
grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
It's highly possible that we will be getting our first JL trailer, when "The Fantastic Beast and where to find them" is premiered!!!
I just can't wait if this rumour turn out to be true!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
kryptonian1987:
It's highly possible that we will be getting our first JL trailer, when "The Fantastic Beast and where to find them" is premiered!!!
I just can't wait if this rumour turn out to be true!!!

That's too early! First trailer should always be released about 9 months to movie premiere. I'd prefer they released a 30 seconds teaser trailer for now to keep expectations up. The first trailer should PLEASE be released in February 2017!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2016

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lovely...

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
TonySpike:

That's too early! First trailer should always be released about 9 months to movie premiere. I'd prefer they released a 30 seconds teaser trailer for now to keep expectations up. The first trailer should PLEASE be released in February 2017!

I don't think it's too early for Zack Snyder... He often released his movie trailers, literally a year b4 they were premiered...!
Do a check on his movies...
Though, like you said, I would love to see it early part of next year-but, you know the marketing stuffs now...... They won't want the opportunity they have (to showcase, or tease mainstream audiences) when The Fantastic Beast and where to find them is released to slip away just like that! Or maybe they can still save it for Star Wars: Rogue One.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.