Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1231973 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2017
Gmajor:

Lex was one of the many low points of the movie.
The portrayal is the character was questions and his story arc is so inconsistent

His inconsistency was done on purpose to make people believe that he is insane. He had a clear motive throughout the movie but decided to act crazy in carrying it out. He behaved more schizophrenic and bipolar in other words, using his different personalities to achieve different purposes. Of course, many viewers hated him for that and that's the real hook, villains are supposed to be hated.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Phi001:

How was his arc inconsistent?

Like how the heck did he create doomsday, does that even make sense?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Phi001(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2017
Gmajor:

Like how the heck did he create doomsday, does that even make sense?
Using Kryptonian Technology as always...

Doomsday has always been created with Kryptonian Technology(other than that one time the writers decided to make the US government the creators as a fail safe incase Supes went rogue). So, yes, it makes sense.

Before you ask how he would be able to understand kryptonian technology, I'd like you to know that Lex Luthor is the most intelligent person in DC...and the only person that Brainiac, the most intelligent being in DC(I mean other than the characters with omnipotence/omniscience), a 12th level intellect, considers to be his equal...He ranges between the 9th-12th level intellect, depending on whoever is writing the story...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Phi001:

Using Kryptonian Technology as always...

Doomsday has always been created with Kryptonian Technology(other than that one time the writers decided to make the US government the creators as a fail safe incase Supes went rogue). So, yes, it makes sense.

Before you ask how he would be able to understand kryptonian technology, I'd like you to know that Lex Luthor is the most intelligent person in DC...and the only person that Brainiac, the most intelligent being in DC(I mean other than the characters with omnipotence/omniscience), a 12th level intellect, considers to be his equal...He ranges between the 9th-12th level intellect, depending on whoever is writing the story...
So I intelligent he created a new life form in a matter of hours?
Please
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Phi001(m): 9:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Gmajor:

Please
For a second, I thought we were talking about the comics, but apparently, you're talking about real life...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2017
xtin007:
I have a feeling this time would be totally different, i see Justice League having 70% RT
bro, trust the critics. They'll murder zack snyder. Its 18% RT or n0thing. Lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2017
Gmajor:

Please
d0n't forget lex had zod's body under experimentati0n for m0nths b4 the events of the m0vie. And the way lex was presented, d0n't be surprised if he had been practicing human cloning for years...this is a guy who's always wanted to play god. So its n0t hard to imagine.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2017
Gmajor:

Please

Let me explain it the best way I understand it. Doomsday as an abomination creature was already banned by the ancient Kryptonian council, this lore was not fully covered in BvS but mentioned. The kryptonians were far ahead in terms of science and technology, one of their inventions was the genesis chamber (which we saw in MOS and BVS). The Genesis chamber was a structure designed on Krypton to create life artificially by producing embryos artificially and infusing DNA from the codex to create social hierarchical personalities in new borns. It was also used to create the one and original doomsday (still missing in DCEU). However, when Krypton saw the need to colonize the surrounding galaxies, they built several scout ships and retrofitted genesis chambers into them, and sent them on a scouting missions. The idea was that these genesis chambers would be used to artificially create a population for habitable planets. Somehow, the mission failed after years especially after Krypton's destruction. One of these scout ships was found on earth in MOS - it also had a genesis chamber and was partly destroyed during Superman/Zod fight. It should be noted that Zod took command of this ship in BVS. Remember that Zod planned on terraforming the entire planet earth and then use the genesis chamber to artificially produce kryptonians who would inhabit the earth (This was the cause of Superman/Zod fight).

So, what did Lex Luthor do in BVS:

1. He took possession of the damaged ship using Zod's artificial fingerprint.
2. Instructed the Ship's AI to create a doomsday for him using Zod's body
3. The genesis chamber was still partly intact even after Zod/Superman's fight, so this worked!

Note that the AI warned Lex about the consequences of undertaking such forbidden science.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
This is a future clickbait headline against the DCEU...lol

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
A look of Queen Mera from Aquaman footage

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
Art in Picture

#HailSnydra

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
I saw this statistics somewhere and I felt it was nice to set records straight

Thor Ragnarok Youtube Views: 31 million
Facebook Views: 25 million

Justice League Youtube Views: 26 million
Facebook Views: 40 million

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
DCEU haters are here again with their strange clickbait articles.

http://www.cbr.com/casting-crisis-15-dceu-roles-that-need-to-be-recast/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by xtin007(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
Minemrys:

bro, trust the critics. They'll murder zack snyder. Its 18% RT or n0thing. Lol

Lol...am still being optimistic tho and it seems there are gonna be awesome quotes in Justice League as well.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
TonySpike:

lol, d0n't bother abt them, they are giving the dceu free publicity. They said WW would suck bt ppl went in to see if it did.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
TonySpike:

jesus. Just read the article. That post is trash. The castings are perfect.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
TonySpike:

Can you imagine they listed nearly everyone on that ridiculous list with Harley Quinn being number 3 on it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
Am n0w c0nvinced supergirl would show up in JL. In a way.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
Minemrys:
Finally,Zack Snyder is far far away from the DCEU. Thank God!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2017
TonySpike:
I have decided to ignore all these reshoots/Zack Snyder news. They are so sickening!
That is what happens when you have Zack Snyder in charge.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
TonySpike:

The hype is because WB thinks they have now found their formula: make the movie more happy-go-lucky and remove all the philosophy lessons there is. Unfortunately, at the rate they are going, I am certain I might lose interest in DCEU movies sooner or later. I will just hope the rumours about downgrading Snyder aren't true....
They should downgrade Snyder's role at the DCEU. In fact, send him packing. At the rate he was going, the DCEU might have folded up with all his everything-must-be-symbolic-and-dark style of shooting. Finally Geoff John is in charge. I just pray that Justice League won't flop with his style of directing. It's his fault that Warner and Co are not moving forward with MOS 2.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
TonySpike:
Art in Picture

#HailSnydra
#HateSnyder
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
Minemrys:
If that happens, then its Snyder's fault.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
Minemrys:

hmm thats the question bro. Where will marvel's storyline go fr0m phase 4 upwards? I feel like they should just end avengers after part 4. Focus on the defenders. Infinity war would be box office smashing if marvel is ready to go past their formula. Kill off thor, loki, cripple black widow, kill off ir0n man, paralyse captain rogers, kill hawkeye, gamora, rocket racoon, and many others. Make the film have an impact on the Mcu. End the avengers story for once. You'd be shocked if the film doesn't win multiple academy awards if they do this. But Disney wouldn't do that. You'd be surprised if at the end of infinity war the only character they'd end up killing off is 'Uncle Ben'.
This cracked me up!Funny you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by ethan0: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
Minemrys:
why
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gbengadaniel12: 3:35am On Jul 29, 2017
Alfred was talking to another kryptonian, confirmed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 5:57am On Jul 29, 2017
I sense a new troll entity here @minemrys
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:12am On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
Finally,Zack Snyder is far far away from the DCEU. Thank God!
if you believe all those clickbait articles on the Internet, then I'm afraid you're gullible.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:50am On Jul 29, 2017
This is a message for that monicker masturbating over Snyder reported exit from DCEU. Just read what Toby Emmerich, the Warner Bro picture chief has to say recently:

"The Snyders remain an important part of the Warner Bros. family and are actively involved in several upcoming DC pictures, including their continued creative input on Justice League. We are excited about our partnership and look forward to our continued collaboration."

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.