Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1227726 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2017
Lol i just had to

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen...... Ezra miller lol look at the expression on his face....

Flashpoint loading

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2017
TonySpike:
This is a message for that monicker masturbating over Snyder reported exit from DCEU. Just read what Toby Emmerich, the Warner Bro picture chief has to say recently:

"The Snyders remain an important part of the Warner Bros. family and are actively involved in several upcoming DC pictures, including their continued creative input on Justice League. We are excited about our partnership and look forward to our continued collaboration."
Dude, what's wrong with you. Why do you sound so pained over my opinion of Zack Snyder. Thanks to him, we have two critical flops and under-performers at the box office. I keep saying it, it's his fault Warner decided to sideline MOS2.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 9:33am On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
If that happens, then its Snyder's fault.

lol
how does this comment even make sense to you?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 9:33am On Jul 29, 2017
TonySpike:

if you believe all those clickbait articles on the Internet, then I'm afraid you're gullible.

he's a troll, a very bad one at that, ignore
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2017
It is a well-known fact that the Mother Boxes will play an important role in the upcoming Justice League film. There are currently three Mother Boxes on Earth. One of them is with the Amazonians, one is with the Atlanteans, and one is with the humans (possibly in the form of Cyborg). It has been widely reported that
Justice League Big Bad Steppenwolf has come to Earth in search of those three Mother Boxes. It even says as much on the IMDb summary page for Justice League:
Months after the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and inspired by Superman's apparent sacrifice for humanity, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince assemble a team of meta-humans consisting of Barry Allen, Arthur Curry, and Victor Stone to face the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons who are on the hunt for three Mother Boxes on Earth.
It was also hinted at in Batman V Superman during Lex Luthor's exchange with a rendition of Steppenwolf.
However, after watching the new Comic-Con footage of #JusticeLeague , I'm starting to think that Steppenwolf is after a little more than just the Mother Boxes.
Why would he need an army of parademons to invade Earth for three boxes? After all, as he says in the trailer, Earth has no protectors, so there's nothing to stop him from sending in a squad to recover those missing Mother Boxes.
Additionally, why wait 30,000 years to go retrieve them? In the comics, Mother Boxes aren't traditionally rare, like Infinity Stones — they're fairly common.
What Are Mother Boxes?
Mother Boxes are powerful living computers that can act as boom tubes (a means of instant transportation throughout the universe). They can support life, manipulate matter, and do all sorts of other crazy things. As mentioned earlier, they are not typically rare objects, and are prevalent among the New Gods and throughout DC Comics. I believe Mother Boxes were once portrayed as tiny boxes that one could easily hold in their hand.
The current design of Mother Boxes in the DCEU looks like what I have traditionally thought of as a Father Box, which is basically the Apokoliptic version of a Mother Box.
It is possible that what we are seeing in the DCEU are technically called Father Boxes, but it is unclear if a distinction will ever be made in the movies.
One other detail that we know about the Mother Boxes is that the three different Mother Boxes have aesthetics similar to their faction. For example, the humans' Mother Box is said to be rougher than the other two, symbolizing humanity's rough edges. And producers for Justice League have allegedly suggested that they work best in threes.
Steppenwolf's Invasion Of Earth Is Actually More About Revenge
I have a theory that 30,000 years prior to
Justice League, the gods of Olympus decided that Darkseid needed to be stopped. He was becoming increasingly powerful and a real danger to them. So, they gathered the humans, Amazons and Atlanteans and sent them to Apokolips to decimate Darkseid's army, returning to Earth with the three Mother Boxes. 25,000 years later, Ares destroyed the gods of Olympus and Earth became vulnerable. However, Darkseid had no idea where Earth was located and was unable to get his revenge.
It is important to note that Steppenwolf's forces were pushed back by Earth's forces 30,000 years ago. While it has been widely reported that Earth was invaded by the forces of Apokolips, the trailers haven't provided much evidence that he had previously invaded Earth. It is possible that
It seems like Earth is somehow hidden from Darkseid, either by magic, possibly being moved from the Fourth World into its current dimension, or because his forces never found Earth in the first place. If you look back at Luthor's conversation with Batman in prison, he says that Darkseid "found us." After thousands of years, Darkseid found Earth, and he's hungry for revenge.
If Darkseid knew where Earth was, why not invade and take back the Mother Boxes sooner?
When Luthor explored the scout ship, he learned about Apokolips and Darkseid's history with Earth's people. He began to reach out to Steppenwolf, informing him where Earth was. Steppenwolf then assessed Earth's defenses. Earth (seemingly) had no gods, except Superman (we now know there's Wonder Woman), no Lanterns, and three Mother Boxes.
Luthor was eager to destroy Superman, so Steppenwolf used his knowledge of ancient Kryptonian tech — which had presumably been present all throughout the universe — to help him create Doomsday.
He Wants The Mother Boxes So That Earth Is Defenseless Against His Army
After Doomsday "killed" Superman, Earth was completely defenseless. In Justice League , Steppenwolf will likely get the Mother Boxes fairly quickly and leave Earth super defenseless. Without the Mother Boxes, Earth's inhabitants can do nothing to fend off his army of parademons. His army begins conquering Earth and terraforming it to be more Apokolyptic, hence the red skies.
Darkseid wants to own Earth. His forces have been conquering thousands of other worlds, but Earth was one that snubbed him thousands of years ago. This is a revenge trophy for him — there's definitely more to it than the Mother Boxes

https://moviepilot.com/p/justice-league-steppenwolf-mother-boxes-theory/4329977.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:13am On Jul 29, 2017
Nice analysis on Steppenwolf's likely motivation in Justice League.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
Finally,Zack Snyder is far far away from the DCEU. Thank God!
bro, zack is the reas0n the dceu is even happening in the 1st place. It could've been Nolan, Campbell, whedon or Miller bt they balled out. Snyder didn't. If anything, am n0t happy snyder doesn't get to finish JL.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kingrapha:
Ladies and gentlemen...... Ezra miller lol look at the expression on his face....

Flashpoint loading
i can feel his pain.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
If that happens, then its Snyder's fault.
lol how? And it could work depending on the storyline. As it is n0w, despite the trailers we still d0n't kn0w the st0ryline except that its an alien invasi0n st0ry.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
This cracked me up!Funny you.
lol. U got to trust marvel.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
If Warner and co wants to surprise us, they should make the guy Alfred was looking at be Green Lantern. We all already know that Superman would appear some point. Just give me Green Lantern!
https://www.efilimu.com
GL is in JL for sure. Bro, i feel ur blog. How did u start it? I wanna start mine pls.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
ethan0:

why
Just a feeling. Alfred's reacti0n at the end of the trailer didn't lo0k like what one would tell or act like to s0me0ne thought dead. And the fact that Wayne was recruiting metahumans wouldn't mean he'd stop at 3 members. It doesn't make sense. That b0ok waller gave wayne at the end of suicide squad was big. You'd expect there to be many metahumans in it. So i think JL wouldn't end with introducing or cameoing 6 or 7 members. There maybe others. Hinted at as easter eggs or as cameo appearances. Supergirl maybe one.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
740megawatts:
I sense a new troll entity here @minemrys
who? Me?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
saw this on one website

Aquaman
Shazam, The Batman , Wonder Woman 2
Gotham City Sirens , Suicide Squad 2, The Flash
Green Lantern Corps, Batgirl, JL2
Nightwing , MOS 2 , Wonder Woman 3
Aquaman 2, The Flash 2, The Batman 2
SS 3, Justice League 3, GLC 2 , Teen Titans
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
from what someone told me patty jenkins was offered both mos2 and ww2, she insisted on mos2 coming out before ww2 but the studio was pressing a 2019 release date so negotiations went another way she was offer now ww2 an jl2 while snyder will be returning for mos 2.
robert zemekics (i hope i spelled that righth) is the top choice for flashpoint and snyder and stephen spielberg will be producing, shazam will appear in ww2 in 2019 and its going to go deep into the greek mythos... edgar wright in negotiations for Glc.... the cyborg movie is currently not a priority at Wb........ #take this with a grain of salt
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
Minemrys:

GL is in JL for sure. Bro, i feel ur blog. How did u start it? I wanna start mine pls.

try blogger or wordpress, or if you want a domain p.m me
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kingrapha:
from what someone told me patty jenkins was offered both mos2 and ww2, she insisted on mos2 coming out before ww2 but the studio was pressing a 2019 release date so negotiations went another way she was offer now ww2 an jl2 while snyder will be returning for mos 2.
robert zemekics (i hope i spelled that righth) is the top choice for flashpoint and snyder and stephen spielberg will be producing, shazam will appear in ww2 in 2019 and its going to go deep into the greek mythos... edgar wright in negotiations for Glc.... the cyborg movie is currently not a priority at Wb........ #take this with a grain of salt

Justice League 2 is too massive a project for Patty Jenkins, I wouldn't want her to direct JL2. Snyder is okay for MOS 2 but I thought Matthew Vaughn was already in contention for this. I heard there's a giant masterplan boarder at Warner Bros, UK with timelines and movie schedules. But it's obvious that these schedules are being readjusted. Snyder designed the first template of this board and wanted to base this phase of the DCEU on the old gods and new gods mythos. By the way, wasn't it Edgar Wright that directed that boring Ant man movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonySpike:

Justice League 2 is too massive a project for Patty Jenkins, I wouldn't want her to direct JL2. Snyder is okay for MOS 2 but I thought Matthew Vaughn was already in contention for this. I heard there's a giant masterplan boarder at Warner Bros, UK with timelines and movie schedules. But it's obvious that these schedules are being readjusted. Snyder designed the first template of this board and wanted to base this phase of the DCEU on the old gods and new gods mythos. By the way, wasn't it Edgar Wright that directed that boring Ant man movie?
no it was payton reed i think edgar wright was a writer, patty can do jl 2 no doubt but she should not have total creative control, because i dontt think she can handle too many characters nevertheless i think she has proven herself to be a good director and am hearing wb is campaigning for best director oscar for ww..... so i think wb executives are very pleased with patty
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kingrapha:
no it was payton reed i think edgar wright was a writer, patty can do jl 2 no doubt but she should not have total creative control, because i dontt think she can handle too many characters nevertheless i think she has proven herself to be a good director and am hearing wb is campaigning for best director oscar for ww..... so i think wb executives are very pleased with patty

Naah, I don't support Patty Jenkins for JL 2. She pulled off WW mainly because of Synder and John Geoff. Even WW was a little off in terms of the strong mythos of earlier DCEU movies. Patty should rather be assigned to WW2. Whoever is handling JL 2 must be able to see the bigger picture like Snyder and understand the entire template of the DCEU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Minemrys:

bro, zack is the reas0n the dceu is even happening in the 1st place. It could've been Nolan, Campbell, whedon or Miller bt they balled out. Snyder didn't. If anything, am n0t happy snyder doesn't get to finish JL.
Minemrys, I've not met you in real life, but I feel you understand me a lot. So far with your replies, you've not thrown any jibe against me with respect to my dislike for Zack Snyder. Rather, you are trying to make me see reason why we should have him at the DCEU. Thanks for that. Though I wish Tonyspike could be more like you even after I told him that my former moniker was raazaghul and I was one of the early contributors to this thread. My dislike for Zack Snyder's didn't start today. I'm sure you all know that.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kingrapha:

try blogger or wordpress, or if you want a domain p.m me
bro, i want a d0main name.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
Minemrys:

Ah, bros thanks. The fact that you like it has given me the momentum to continue. Though I will like suggestions on how to improve it.
Fact is that I'm passionate about movies and I like writing about them. The blog is a product of passion.
As for starting, just get a domain name and a hosting plan.
After that, schedule your posts and don't try to do much at first. Like me, I post twice in a week (Mondays and Thursdays)
Monday: Hollywood related stuff
Thursdays: Nollywood related stuff
Like I said before, make sure you're passionate about what you're writing about unless you'll tire out especially on some days where your blog traffic will be virtually zero.
Feel free to ask me more questions on the blog and I'll like to start seeing your comments, likes, critique, dislikes, social sharing and all that.
Meanwhile, you can like my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/efilimu/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
TonySpike:

Naah, I don't support Patty Jenkins for JL 2. She pulled off WW mainly because of Synder and John Geoff. Even WW was a little off in terms of the strong mythos of earlier DCEU movies. Patty should rather be assigned to WW2. Whoever is handling JL 2 must be able to see the bigger picture like Snyder and understand the entire template of the DCEU.
Though I support when you say Patty shouldn't be assigned to JL, I don't understand what you mean by this statement.
"She pulled off WW mainly because of Synder and John Geoff."
Personally, I don't think Snyder was that pivotal to the success of WW.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:

Ah, bros thanks. The fact that you like it has given me the momentum to continue. Though I will like suggestions on how to improve it.
Fact is that I'm passionate about movies and I like writing about them. The blog is a product of passion.
As for starting, just get a domain name and a hosting plan.
After that, schedule your posts and don't try to do much at first. Like me, I post twice in a week (Mondays and Thursdays)
Monday: Hollywood related stuff
Thursdays: Nollywood related stuff
Like I said before, make sure you're passionate about what you're writing about unless you'll tire out especially on some days where your blog traffic will be virtually zero.
Feel free to ask me more questions on the blog and I'll like to start seeing your comments, likes, critique, dislikes, social sharing and all that.
Meanwhile, you can like my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/efilimu/
wow, seriously, am impressed. If u ask me, i'd say the blog is okay the way it is. Be prepared to blog full time once october c0mes. Its the time seas0nal m0vies air. So how do i get a d0main name and web hosting? How much would it cost? Add me on fb @ Min Eddie pls.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
Minemrys:

It didn't cost me up to 10k infact. Both my domain and hosting plan are at whogohost.
Here's their url: whogohost.com
Go through everything on their website, if you have any questions, let me know. Know that you have other options too.
PLease you can follow my blog on twitter:
https://twitter.com/efilimu

And besides, thanks for liking my facebook page.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:

It didn't cost me up to 10k infact. Both my domain and hosting plan are at whogohost.
Here's their url: whogohost.com
Go through everything on their website, if you have any questions, let me know. Know that you have other options too.
PLease you can follow my blog on twitter:
https://twitter.com/efilimu

And besides, thanks for liking my facebook page.
you're welcome bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
Minemrys, I've not met you in real life, but I feel you understand me a lot. So far with your replies, you've not thrown any jibe against me with respect to my dislike for Zack Snyder. Rather, you are trying to make me see reason why we should have him at the DCEU. Thanks for that. Though I wish Tonyspike could be more like you even after I told him that my former moniker was raazaghul and I was one of the early contributors to this thread. My dislike for Zack Snyder's didn't start today. I'm sure you all know that.

I hope u don't have this Snyder hate channelled into to blog cos once personal opinion meddles into blog review, it's no more review but POV.
being a blogger calls for objectivity but all uve done is blame snyder for everything

Lex Luthor is in JL... blame Snyder
Supergirl in JL... Snyder's fault
Batman is Bruce Wayne... Snyder shld be kicked out

you want objective reply to ur statement, be objective with urs.
so far, not seen reason for your hate for Snyder and y he shld b kicked out, just that u hate him, but then u want to be told y u shldnt he shld b in dceu? ok

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
@ Posman
It's like you are new to this thread, but please do me a favor. Go to the first 70 pages on this thread and read every comment from the moniker raazaghul. But you might be busy and I'll assume you are. So I'll clarify myself for you.
I don't hate Snyder, I hate his style of shooting a la everything-must-be-dark-and-symbolic and at the same time ignoring the core story/plot of the film. Tonyspike said something earlier in this thread. Something along the lines of audiences wanting everything spelt out for them. Saying he prefers Snyder's style of cloaking everything in symbols. That's his take! But if most people want directors to tell them everything, then the director should probably do so. After, it's "most people" that'll buy the tickets.
I don't hate Snyder for everything, but I'll tell you what I blame him for.
1. MOS under-performance at the box office
2. BVS under-performance at the box office.
3. And because MOS under-performed, Warner and Co are still figuring out what to do with the character hence the omission of MOS 2 in their recently released schedule. No surprises though, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad will get a sequel first.
4. He squandered a good plot opportunity for MOS2 by killing Superman at the end, that concept alone could be used to fill in a sequel to MOS.
5. And now, he's directed over 85% of Justice League. Truth be told, I feel Justice League is BvS happening again. Darkness, too much CGI and a plot that might not make sense.
The Snyder's formula in the DCEU= Dark palette + CGI + Symbolism + a nonsensical plot

I pray Justice League makes a billion dollars no matter how bad it turns out. And if you want to know why I fear for Justice League. Zack Snyder's track record.

All this while folks are happy that Wonder Woman did well at the box office and critically also, a lot of people predicted that. I did, tonyspike did. We knew the feminist movement will propel it to success.

The real test now of the DCEU is Justice League. If that film makes less than a billion dollars at the box office (even 985 million dollars), Warner Bros might begin second guessing their universe. They might not stop because of films like WW and SS, but there might be changes which you and I may not like.

Again, why am I being pessimistic with Justice League, because Zack Snyder is in the director's chair. It was the same pessimism I had for BVS. Look at how that turned out.

Peace Brother!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by toluxe0075: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2017
The fact still remains that batman vs superman ultimate edition is a far better movie than wonder woman and I enjoyed it more than most marvel movies. I still believe Zack Snyder will do a good job with Justice league.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
toluxe0075:
The fact still remains that batman vs superman ultimate edition is a far better movie than wonder woman and I enjoyed it more than most marvel movies. I still believe Zack Snyder will do a good job with Justice league.
Hopefully

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.