Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1232058 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:58am On Jul 26, 2017
Wonder woman 2 sets its release date to December 13 2019.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by JuviaGrey: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2017
TonySpike:
Injustice gameplay trailer, short of words #INJUSTICE2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50qZNiRfa8
Injustice 2 is so so great ( Actually I last year I played Injustice: God Among Us and when I know they will publish Injustice 2, I nearly screamed out because of happiness)

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2017
10 Easter eggs from Justice League Comic Con trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGZqwORQJQ
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2017
I have decided to ignore all these reshoots/Zack Snyder news. They are so sickening!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
TonySpike:
10 Easter eggs from Justice League Comic Con trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViGZqwORQJQ
can u pls list them for us here. If u can.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
So I finally watched Wonder Woman and I won't lie it was just there. Excellent performances by Gal Gadot and Chris Pine but I found myself dozing off at some point. What's a movie without stakes or tension? WW was never in trouble at any point in the movie, and like someone said, it was hella generic.

The most enjoyable DC movie to me thus far remains BvS ultimate edition. Now, that was a movie. This one is all fluff and frankly I don't get the hype. And Aries was so disappointing and one note.

Now they are pushing a WW sequel release date. Why are they not talking about Batfleck's debut biko?

5 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
waywardpikin:
So I finally watched Wonder Woman and I won't lie it was just there. Excellent performances by Gal Gadot and Chris Pine but I found myself dozing off at some point. What's a movie without stakes or tension? WW was never in trouble at any point in the movie, and like someone said, it was hella generic.

The most enjoyable DC movie to me thus far remains BvS ultimate edition. Now, that was a movie. This one is all fluff and frankly I don't get the hype. And Aries was so disappointing and one note.

Now they are pushing a WW sequel release date. Why are they not talking about Batfleck's debut biko?

The hype is because WB thinks they have now found their formula: make the movie more happy-go-lucky and remove all the philosophy lessons there is. Unfortunately, at the rate they are going, I am certain I might lose interest in DCEU movies sooner or later. I will just hope the rumours about downgrading Snyder aren't true....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
TonySpike:

The hype is because WB thinks they have now found their formula: make the movie more happy-go-lucky and remove all the philosophy lessons there is. Unfortunately, at the rate they are going, I am certain I might lose interest in DCEU movies sooner or later. I will just hope the rumours about downgrading Snyder aren't true....

They will be doing their core fans a serious disservice if they dumb down their movies.

Look at WW and BVS, which movie do you think posterity will be kind to?

Some movies don't age well with time.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
waywardpikin:

They will be doing their core fans a serious disservice if they dumb down their movies.

Well said.
I'm waiting to judge James Wan's movie to see its quality before I make my verdict.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by toluxe0075: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
waywardpikin:

I seen batman vs superman ultimate edition more than 3 times and I'm sure I will still see it again. Wonder woman is a good movie, but it's seems like the type of movie that is easily forgettable. Though wonderwoman's beautiful face and theme song is not forgettable ooo cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2017
That's why I prefer Snyder's style, which is "show, not tell". This directorial principle means less banters and unnecessary conversation. The images, scenic compositions and facial actions tell the story. This is more realistic. A lot of directors use "Tell, not show", which is very boring. It's as good as listening to a radio drama instead.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2017
TonySpike:
That's why I prefer Snyder's style, which is "show, not tell". This directorial principle means less banters and unnecessary conversation. The images, scenic compositions and facial actions tell the story. This is more realistic. A lot of directors use "Tell, not show", which is very boring. It's as good as listening to a radio drama instead.
Lol...this is an interesting take on filming. Love this...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
740megawatts:
Lol...this is an interesting take on filming. Love this...
Same here. Make brain.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2017
IF DCEU HAD FRACTURED THEIR TIMELINE THIS WAY, SOCIAL MEDIA WOULD EXPLODE!!!

Spider-Man: Homecoming screws up the Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline45commentsBut it’s not the first movie to do sobyJulia AlexanderJul 10, 2017, 2:00pm EDTtweetsharepinChuck Zlotnick/Sony PicturesSpider-Man: Homecominguses a major Marvel Cinematic Universe moment to explain when the events ofHomecomingtake place. Upon further investigation, it doesn’t add up.[Warning:The following contains spoilers forSpider-Man: Homecoming.]One of the earliest scenes in the film takes place directly after the destruction New York suffered following the battle that took place inThe Avengers. According to a quick title card that appears in the film,Homecomingtakes place eight years after the events of that battle. We have been led to assume thatThe Avengerstakes place in 2012. This is the understood truth among journalists and fans.The Avengers, likeCaptain America: Civil War,is set in the same year it was released.SinceThe Avengers,most of the movies have actually been set close to the same year they were released in. For example,Civil Wartakes place in 2016. One of the only movies that breaks from that rule isGuardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,which was released this year but is based just after the events of the firstGuardians of the Galaxy,released in 2014.This is relatively new for the MCU. Most people assumed that the first phase of Marvel Cinematic movies —Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2andThe Avengers— all took place in the year they were released. BeforeTheAvengerswas released, however, Marvel issued an official timeline correcting this line of thought.Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 2,The Incredible HulkandThorall took place within the span of a week. It’s referred to as “Nick Fury’s Big Week” and details the Avengers being introduced for the first time. These five movies take place in 2011, whileIron Manhas been retconned to take place in 2010.MarvelPostAvengers, however, everything changed. This is where it gets complicated: IfThe Avengersis set in 2012, as is believed to be true, than eight years after that would be 2020, which meansHomecomingwould be set in 2020.That’s three years from now and, more importantly, introducesHomecomingas a film that takes place after the events ofAvengers: Infinity War.It doesn’t make any sense.To prove it, let’s use some circumstantial evidence.We knowGuardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2takes place in 2014, thanks to movie’s prologue. The title card says 1980, and then skips forward 34 years. The title card used in the prologue card forGuardians of the Galaxydoes the same thing, jumping forward 26 years from 1988. That puts the setting of both films in 2014.Here’s where the timeline comes into question. In aninterview with CinemaBlend earlier this year,Marvel Studios’ chief, Kevin Feige, confirmed thatInfinity Wartakes place four years after the events ofGuardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2— setting it in 2018, the same year it will be released. That sets the events ofInfinity War, a movie that hasn’t even happened yet, beforeHomecoming.It’s not logical.It’s also not the first time that Marvel has broken its timeline, either.InCaptain America: Civil War, there’s a moment where the Vision refers to the moment that Tony Stark publicly announced that he was Iron Man; a moment, Vision adds, that took place eight years ago. While that makes sense when looking atIron Man’s release date, it contradicts what Marvelitself previously announced as its timeline.If Tony Stark announced that he was Iron Man eight years beforeCivil War, that would be 2008, not the 2011 date Marvel had given.At this point, bothHomecomingandCivil Warcontradict the timeline that Marvel has given. IfHomecomingtakesplace eight years afterThe Avengers, andIron Mantakes place eight years beforeCivil War, that gives two very different starting points for a few different movies in the MCU, includingIron Man. Simply put, the math doesn’t add up.If anything,Homecomingjust adds to the main issue — Marvel doesn’t know when its movies have been set. Even worse, with the studio changing things on the fly, it messes around the barely comprehensible timeline they’ve provided thus far.For example, we’re led to believe that the events ofHomecomingtake place afew months afterCivil War. But based on the different takes Marvel has given fans, the “eight years” past or later sentiment doesn’t make any sense. IfCivil Wartakes place in 2016, which weknow it does thanks to some calendar shots, thanHomecomingcan’t exist in 2020. Especially when the movie openswith shaky-hand cam footage of Spider-Man inCivil Warbefore diving right intoHomecoming.There’s no other explanation than Marvel making a miscalculation somewhere along the line. Too much retconning, too much fiddling around —and this is what happens.Feige is aware of how complicated and complex timeline things can get, too. He has said on multiple occasions that Marvel doesn’t include direct references to years in its films for this reason.In that same interview with CinemaBlend, Feige said:Yeah, knowing that outside of theGuardiansfranchise, we don't necessarily always date the movies. You don't always know, we don't say, '2012, 2013...' We do in theGuardiansbecause you do the math and 1988, and it's 26 years later. But we never say, 'Oh, this takes place in 2018, this takes place in 2017.' But it was important for the story that James wanted to tell that they're still relatively fresh in their new group.In a more recentinterview with the site, Feige added that they don’t like to think about specific timeline structures,choosing to focus on the larger story instead.I think people like to talk about our long term plans, which we certainly have. But very rarely do those long term plans dictate the specificity of any individual film. It’s usually the opposite. It’s focusing on a story, and focusing on the individual movie that we’re making to do what’s best. And then, if something changes that we weren’t quite expecting down the line because it was made for a better movie, then we deal with it down the line.The problem with this is, as seen by this lengthy piece, plot holes. When Polygon reached out to Marvel for comment on the status of the timeline, we were told by multiple people that the studio didn’t have comment on the specifics, but was looking into it.Hopefully things will be cleared up before theHomecomingsequel — orInfinity War —is released, but don’t expect too much out of Marvel on this issue.More FromPolygon
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
This guy was the true definition of a villain you would like to hate. Why should a villain be lovable anyway? Jesse Eisenberg is on point with his crazy and inconsistent acting as Lex Luthor. I have a feeling that he will claim insanity for his roles in Doomsday's creation, afterall, there is not enough evidence to sentence him.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
TonySpike:
zack snyder is a genius. No one would believe it. Had snyder directd WW the way Patty did, it would've been bashed to dust. WW was a generic film that s0me sites mist0ok as a marvel film.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
The thing is we are seeing the DCEU at a point where the universe is already centuries old. Not only in extraterrestrial and ancient terms, but in earthly and modern terms too. This is 'cause we started with Superman and his entry into the verse. It is like we are only exploring it holding his hand. First we get to know there is this planet called Krypton and its inhabitants are like gods on the DCU version of our planet, next we see that it's not just the Man of Steel, but there is a crimefighter born on our planet too called the Batman. Next, thanks to the megalomaniac Lex Luthor, we find out via the World's Greatest Detective, that there are "metahumans" on earth - one of them, Wonder Woman, shows up to help save us all from Doomsday. Now, we realize, with the Superman dead and our planet already in chaos, we are in a bigger impending danger - nothing our planet has ever experienced before 'cause we are unaware of almost all of the universe. There are world destroyers out there. One of them is already on the way with his legion, again due to Luthor and thanks to Batman finding out. But there are also defenders, a group of them referred to as "the Lanterns" (Green Lanterns) but unfortunately none of them are here on our planet and no Kryptonians either. So it's up to the Justice League, formed by Batman and his ally Wonder Woman recruiting the limited amount of metahumans they know and a returning Superman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
TonySpike:
This guy was the true definition of a villain you would like to hate. Why should a villain be lovable anyway? Jesse Eisenberg is on point with his crazy and inconsistent acting as Lex Luthor. I have a feeling that he will claim insanity for his roles in Doomsday's creation, afterall, there is not enough evidence to sentence him.

great minds think alike. Who can hate Eisenberg? Am a big fan of his and his luthor. A shame we never saw a glimpse of him in JL trailer. I w0nder if Lex would have hair when next we see him. I d0n't want him to.
"we kn0w better n0w, d0n't we? Devils d0n't c0me fr0m hell beneath us. No, they c0me fr0m the sky"
"do u kn0w the oldest lie in America senator? Its that power can be inn0cent"
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Minemrys:

zack snyder is a genius. No one would believe it. Had snyder directd WW the way Patty did, it would've been bashed to dust. WW was a generic film that s0me sites mist0ok as a marvel film.

I was particularly pissed up with the third act of that movie. It looked like that entire third act was an afterthought or reshoot. It took me out of the movie entirely.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
toluxe0075:

I seen batman vs superman ultimate edition more than 3 times and I'm sure I will still see it again. Wonder woman is a good movie, but it's seems like the type of movie that is easily forgettable. Though wonderwoman's beautiful face and theme song is not forgettable ooo cheesy grin
bro, WW film is forgettable. Which is unlike any DC film. That m0vie was well recieved n0t cos of its lightheartd t0ne bt cos it was directed by a w0man, portrayed by a w0man featuring a character c0nsidered by many as a feminist ic0n. No one would want to trash it like a zack snyder m0vie. S0me even called the m0vie a MCU film. Wait till JL to see what am talking abt bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
TonySpike:

Well said.
I'm waiting to judge James Wan's movie to see its quality before I make my verdict.
you kn0w why they hired wan right? His main duty is to create a m0vie that'll scare u and get u hyped. Fr0m the f0otage that was released at c0mic c0n, he's succeeded.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
TonySpike:

i don't think its cos it took a happy go lucky t0ne bt cos it had this feminist thing going for it. And am sure disney t0ok part in its success as when the m0vie came out several MCU staff [actors and all] were happy for it and l0oking forward to 'captain marvel' thus, WW success was needed to prove captain marvel could make en0ugh at the B. O when the time came. If zack snyder doesn't direct flashpoint, i would be angry...that storyline is for snyder. And if i have my way, it needs an R rating.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
waywardpikin:

i don't see the craze for that m0vie on a serious n0te. I didn't want to talk abt it bt, WW didn't nail it for me. Perhaps the craze is fr0m marvel fans and feminists. Can't wait for JL though. And n0te, zack snyder haterz are writing their reviews n0w. I predict 18% as its RT rating lol. Expect JL to be trashed.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
Minemrys:

i don't see the craze for that m0vie on a serious n0te. I didn't want to talk abt it bt, WW didn't nail it for me. Perhaps the craze is fr0m marvel fans and feminists. Can't wait for JL though. And n0te, zack snyder haterz are writing their reviews n0w. I predict 18% as its RT rating lol. Expect JL to be trashed.

Lol, @ 18%. You said it right though, some people already have their reviews written against Justice League premiere. My hope is that WB selects very few friendly reviewers for the initial review. That way, consequent reviewers will fall in line...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Phi001(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
waywardpikin:

Gaddemit guys! This movie is gonna be epic shocked shocked shocked

The fact is I love DC and Marvel. But I'm slightly skewed in favour of DC as I love its heroes more. They are more iconic in the real sense of the word. Dark themes, mature writing (talking about the comics and animation, not movies). It's no wonder that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are the most popular heroes of all time. If they can get their movies right (and they are already), they stand a chance of ousting the competition. On the other hand, Marvel sef no wan relax. They got the do.pe ass Thor trailer and Infinity War teasers out. Nna mehn!

As an avid movie watcher... WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE BIKO! grin grin
I hate to be that guy but it's Supes, Bats and Spidey...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
TonySpike:

Lol, @ 18%. You said it right though, some people already have their reviews written against Justice League premiere. My hope is that WB selects very few friendly reviewers for the initial review. That way, consequent reviewers will fall in line...
lol, bt u kn0w they'll be tempted to hate on snyder a little.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
Phi001:

I hate to be that guy but it's Supes, Bats and Spidey...

You are right but we a need a female representative in the top 3 (in the spirit of equality) and Wonder Woman comes first in that regard. I feel Spidey is not really who he once was though.

PS - You are that guy grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
TonySpike:

Lex was one of the many low points of the movie.
The portrayal is the character was questions and his story arc is so inconsistent
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by xtin007(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
I have a feeling this time would be totally different, i see Justice League having 70% RT
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Phi001(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2017
Gmajor:

Lex was one of the many low points of the movie.
The portrayal is the character was questions and his story arc is so inconsistent
How was his arc inconsistent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.