Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1227912 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
efilimu:
@ Posman
It's like you are new to this thread, but please do me a favor. Go to the first 70 pages on this thread and read every comment from the moniker raazaghul. But you might be busy and I'll assume you are. So I'll clarify myself for you.
I don't hate Snyder, I hate his style of shooting a la everything-must-be-dark-and-symbolic and at the same time ignoring the core story/plot of the film. Tonyspike said something earlier in this thread. Something along the lines of audiences wanting everything spelt out for them. Saying he prefers Snyder's style of cloaking everything in symbols. That's his take! But if most people want directors to tell them everything, then the director should probably do so. After, it's "most people" that'll buy the tickets.
I don't hate Snyder for everything, but I'll tell you what I blame him for.
1. MOS under-performance at the box office
2. BVS under-performance at the box office.
3. And because MOS under-performed, Warner and Co are still figuring out what to do with the character hence the omission of MOS 2 in their recently released schedule. No surprises though, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad will get a sequel first.
4. He squandered a good plot opportunity for MOS2 by killing Superman at the end, that concept alone could be used to fill in a sequel to MOS.
5. And now, he's directed over 85% of Justice League. Truth be told, I feel Justice League is BvS happening again. Darkness, too much CGI and a plot that might not make sense.
The Snyder's formula in the DCEU= Dark palette + CGI + Symbolism + a nonsensical plot

I pray Justice League makes a billion dollars no matter how bad it turns out. And if you want to know why I fear for Justice League. Zack Snyder's track record.

All this while folks are happy that Wonder Woman did well at the box office and critically also, a lot of people predicted that. I did, tonyspike did. We knew the feminist movement will propel it to success.

The real test now of the DCEU is Justice League. If that film makes less than a billion dollars at the box office (even 985 million dollars), Warner Bros might begin second guessing their universe. They might not stop because of films like WW and SS, but there might be changes which you and I may not like.

Again, why am I being pessimistic with Justice League, because Zack Snyder is in the director's chair. It was the same pessimism I had for BVS. Look at how that turned out.

Peace Brother!

Bro, calm down with this your Zack Snyder this, Zack Snyder that ok. Your hatred towards Zack is probably over clouding your judgement.
When guys go full out to praise WW and try to massacre Zack's early DCEU works shows how shortsighted we are.
We forget so early that the great casts we are seeing today were mostly cast by Zack himself. Even Jenkins Patty (or whatever) said it herself that "if it were to be her, she wouldn't have hired Gal Gadot to play the role of Wonder Woman". So I think we should keep on appreciating Zack every day for helping us to assemble these great casts.
Why blaming Zack for Superman's death? was it him who wrote or co-wrote BvS script... However, to me, BvS: DoJ UE is by far a more coherent and superior movie to almost every movies MCU have out there.
For the record, WW is the second most weakest movies DCEU have out there (based on my take). WW really showed me the kind of movies we appreciate lol! Am a core DCEU fan, but when I see a weak one I can really tell. WW is weak, just like SS and by extension, AoU and their likes. But guys like you tend to praise them, why - because critics said they are good lol.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 1:00am On Jul 30, 2017
kryptonian1987:

Bro, calm down with this your Zack Snyder this, Zack Snyder that ok. Your hatred towards Zack is probably over clouding your judgement.
When guys go full out to praise WW and try to massacre Zack's early DCEU works shows how shortsighted we are.
We forget so early that the great casts we are seeing today were mostly cast by Zack himself. Even Jenkins Patty (or whatever) said it herself that "if it were to be her, she wouldn't have hired Gal Gadot to play the role of Wonder Woman". So I think we should keep on appreciating Zack every day for helping us to assemble these great casts.
Why blaming Zack for Superman's death? was it him who wrote or co-wrote BvS script... However, to me, BvS: DoJ UE is by far a more coherent and superior movie to almost every movies MCU have out there.
For the record, WW is the second most weakest movies DCEU have out there (based on my take). WW really showed me the kind of movies we appreciate lol! Am a core DCEU fan, but when I see a weak one I can really tell. WW is weak, just like SS and by extension, AoU and their likes. But guys like you tend to praise them, why - because critics said they are good lol.
Read my comment very well, I said I predicted that WW would do well. I did not praise it for once. Read through!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:22am On Jul 30, 2017
@Raasalghul, I see you o. I'll respond to your posts later. Good to know you're still opposed to Snyder. ..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2017
TonySpike:
@Raasalghul, I see you o. I'll respond to your posts later. Good to know you're still opposed to Snyder. ..
Correct! Now you are talking. Bring it on!
But meanwhile please follow my blog on the following social channels:
https://www.facebook.com/efilimu
https://www.efilimu.com
https://twitter.com/efilimu
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:42am On Jul 30, 2017
efilimu:
Read my comment very well, I said I predicted that WW would do well. I did not praise it for once. Read through!

WW doing perfectly ok doesn't make it a very good movie to me. You predicted such because it's feminist-centric and critics would definitely want to go soft on it. we all saw that coming too.
Zack remains the only director that can easily uplift page to pages from comic books and present them in a live CBM accurately no other. No wonder James Cameron (if not the best director of all time) praised Zack's work and also said he likes the Virtual Guru movies because he learns things from his style.. That alone shows majority of CBM fans/nerds we have (presently) are people of mid 90s and early 2000s who don't know much of comics.
Comic books I grew up with, in mid 80s till 2000s are perfect interpretation of what Zack is putting on screen for us to see. Especially their fights pattern.....

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2017
kryptonian1987:

WW doing perfectly ok doesn't make it a very good movie to me. You predicted such because it's feminist-centric and critics would definitely want to go soft on it. we all saw that coming too.
Zack remains the only director that can easily uplift page to pages from comic books and present them in a live CBM accurately no other. No wonder James Cameron (if not the best director of all time) praised Zack's work and also said he likes the Virtual Guru movies because he learns things from his style.. That alone shows majority of CBM fans/nerds we have (presently) are people of mid 90s and early 2000s who don't know much of comics.
Comic books I grew up with, in mid 80s till 2000s are perfect interpretation of what Zack is putting on screen for us to see. Especially their fights pattern.....
Well, that's your take on it.
Personally, I feel Snyder style of filming is not cut out for CBM's
Meanwhile, please follow my blog on these channels
https://www.facebook.com/efilimu
https://www.efilimu.com
https://twitter.com/efilimu
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
efilimu:
@ Posman
It's like you are new to this thread, but please do me a favor. Go to the first 70 pages on this thread and read every comment from the moniker raazaghul. But you might be busy and I'll assume you are. So I'll clarify myself for you.
I don't hate Snyder, I hate his style of shooting a la everything-must-be-dark-and-symbolic and at the same time ignoring the core story/plot of the film. Tonyspike said something earlier in this thread. Something along the lines of audiences wanting everything spelt out for them. Saying he prefers Snyder's style of cloaking everything in symbols. That's his take! But if most people want directors to tell them everything, then the director should probably do so. After, it's "most people" that'll buy the tickets.
I don't hate Snyder for everything, but I'll tell you what I blame him for.
1. MOS under-performance at the box office
2. BVS under-performance at the box office.
3. And because MOS under-performed, Warner and Co are still figuring out what to do with the character hence the omission of MOS 2 in their recently released schedule. No surprises though, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad will get a sequel first.
4. He squandered a good plot opportunity for MOS2 by killing Superman at the end, that concept alone could be used to fill in a sequel to MOS.
5. And now, he's directed over 85% of Justice League. Truth be told, I feel Justice League is BvS happening again. Darkness, too much CGI and a plot that might not make sense.
The Snyder's formula in the DCEU= Dark palette + CGI + Symbolism + a nonsensical plot

I pray Justice League makes a billion dollars no matter how bad it turns out. And if you want to know why I fear for Justice League. Zack Snyder's track record.

All this while folks are happy that Wonder Woman did well at the box office and critically also, a lot of people predicted that. I did, tonyspike did. We knew the feminist movement will propel it to success.

The real test now of the DCEU is Justice League. If that film makes less than a billion dollars at the box office (even 985 million dollars), Warner Bros might begin second guessing their universe. They might not stop because of films like WW and SS, but there might be changes which you and I may not like.

Again, why am I being pessimistic with Justice League, because Zack Snyder is in the director's chair. It was the same pessimism I had for BVS. Look at how that turned out.

Peace Brother!

LMAO
how do u blame director for faults u have with movie plot, this is funny, coming from a supposed movie blogger.
and apparently, let's blame directors for movie BO performance if it underperforms, all hail Perkins then for WW BO performance right? cos ur here claiming WW performance was due to feminism or whatever but never gave credit to the director but blame Snyder for MOS & BVS performances.
Dude, rest with the Snyder hate abeg.

and no, I'm not new here, I've been following this thread since forever.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Posman:

LMAO
how do u blame director for faults u have with movie plot, this is funny, coming from a supposed movie blogger.
and apparently, let's blame directors for movie BO performance if it underperforms, all hail Perkins then for WW BO performance right? cos ur here claiming WW performance was due to feminism or whatever but never gave credit to the director but blame Snyder for MOS & BVS performances.
Dude, rest with the Snyder hate abeg.

and no, I'm not new here, I've been following this thread since forever.
In case you don't know, the director of any film has influence over the plot. He may decide to make changes to it if he deems fit. And yes, directors are to a large extent responsible for the box performance of their films looking at it from the perspective of track record. It's also the same reason why a Chris Nolan will always be successful at the box office.

But let's look at Zack Snyder's record (financially) coming into the DCEU. Watchmen, Sucker Punch, Legend of the Guardians. Tell me, how many of these films were successful at the box office. They weren't even critical darlings They all under-performed.

You might think I hate Snyder, but his track record is there for all to see.

We DC fans keep saying that critics hate Zack Snyder. That might be true, but go look at the RT scores of all his movies pre the DCEU. It's only Dawn of the Dead that stands out. Even the so so acclaimed Watchmen (which did poor at the box office) only boasts of 65% on RT.

The only positives with the guy I'll say are his visuals and that is not enough for 21st century cbms. To me, I'll advise the guy to stick to smaller,
moderately sized budget movies just like Dawn of the dead. Those are his strengths, not block busters.

A very good example is M night shyalaman. That guy is responsible for two of the most memorable box office flops in history: The last air bender and After Earth: both of which were supposed to be blockbusters and featured heavy CGI. But look at his record with moderate budget/smaller scale films like Split, The Sixth Sense and The Visit. Look at how successful he is with those kind of films. That I think is what Snyder should be doing. He's good with small budget films.

And if you dare say MOS and BvS were successful at the BO to an extent. Why won't they. It's Batman and Superman we're talking about. people will always see their movies. Even the atrocious Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin still made a decent amount of income.

I'll still say it again, to a large extent, I blame Snyder for the under performance of BvS and MOS

Once again, I don't hate Snyder, but before you quote, analyze his track record and you'll see what I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
A blog post I wrote yesterday.
https://www.efilimu.com/wonder-woman-doesnt-deserve-oscar/

Please critique it. Be brutal, show no mercy!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 3:18am On Aug 01, 2017
efilimu:

It would have been a perfect one if it wasn't robbed off of its neutrality. Next time try to be more focused on the matter on ground rather than trying to do "comparative analysis".
Though I dread your write-up/article, I only gave up when you started forcing MCU (CA:CW) into it. The only MCU movie that is worthy of mention when Oscar is involved is : CA:TWS. So we shouldn't dare mention CA:CA cuz that movie is one of the most overhyped movie in modern days.
It is very possible for WW to be nominated, not just for the femine stuff, but because it has the balls to kill a very likable character. And it also told a very compelling story sublime with great chemistry. I repeat, no MCU movie deserves Oscar except CA:TWS.
6.5/10 my rating.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2017
kryptonian1987:

It would have been a perfect one if it wasn't robbed off of its neutrality. Next time try to be more focused on the matter on ground rather than trying to do "comparative analysis".
Though I dread your write-up/article, I only gave up when you started forcing MCU (CA:CW) into it. The only MCU movie that is worthy of mention when Oscar is involved is : CA:TWS. So we shouldn't dare mention CA:CA cuz that movie is one of the most overhyped movie in modern days.
It is very possible for WW to be nominated, not just for the femine stuff, but because it has the balls to kill a very likable character. And it also told a very compelling story sublime with great chemistry. I repeat, no MCU movie deserves Oscar except CA:TWS.
6.5/10 my rating.
Thanks, but when you say "you dread the article", be clear. What do you mean exactly? But seriously, I appreciate your feedback. I'm new to this and I only hope to improve with your criticisms.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 10:20am On Aug 01, 2017
efilimu:
Thanks, but when you say "you dread the article", be clear. What do you mean exactly? But seriously, I appreciate your feedback. I'm new to this and I only hope to improve with your criticisms.

Not in the actual literal meaning o. just a slang showing my love for it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 10:36am On Aug 01, 2017
kryptonian1987:

Not in the actual literal meaning o. just a slang showing my love for it.
Ah, okay. But thanks, I'm already working on your suggestions.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Strawman: 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
Eberex:
Would it make any difference when he tells Cersei? I doubt. Everyone is an enemy now.

https://www.nairaland.com/1243015/game-thrones-discussion-beware-spoilers/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
efilimu:

I had my reservations when I stated about personal opinion and blogging, this seems to be a personal opinion being out up online, u skewed from telling us why it doesn't deserve an Oscar to "it doesn't deserve Oscar because no MCU movie got Oscar". doesn't sound objective to me, honestly, it sounds like a jealous woman saying no other woman can have a man just because she didn't.
Would b a good read without the MCU comparative but a solid evidence based argument to support ur point.
if I'm right, Suicide Squad won an Oscar, doesn't fit into ur first reason narative, does it?

this statement right here!

Summary or ur write up:
WW doesn't deserve Oscar because: no MCU movie has won it, Academy doesn't favour CBM and WB shld focus on shaping up their universe.
If you ask me, these are not reasons WHY it doesn't DESERVE oscar.
I will still say this ur hate ur DCEU is clouding ur objective judgement. I mean these can't be reasons WW doesn't deserve Oscar.[b][/b]

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
Posman:

I had my reservations when I stated about personal opinion and blogging, this seems to be a personal opinion being out up online, u skewed from telling us why it doesn't deserve an Oscar to "it doesn't deserve Oscar because no MCU movie got Oscar". doesn't sound objective to me, honestly, it sounds like a jealous woman saying no other woman can have a man just because she didn't.
Would b a good read without the MCU comparative but a solid evidence based argument to support ur point.
if I'm right, Suicide Squad won an Oscar, doesn't fit into ur first reason narative, does it?

this statement right here!

Summary or ur write up:
WW doesn't deserve Oscar because: no MCU movie has won it, Academy doesn't favour CBM and WB shld focus on shaping up their universe.
If you ask me, these are not reasons WHY it doesn't DESERVE oscar.
I will still say this ur hate ur DCEU is clouding ur objective judgement. I mean these can't be reasons WW doesn't deserve Oscar.[b][/b]
Okay, thanks for the input. It seems I let my personal opinion get in the way. I will take note of this when writing next time and try to remain as objective as possible. Kryptonian also said the same thing.
But I don't hate the DCEU. My dislike for Snyder's work doesn't mean I hate the DCEU. The only 2 films I saw in the cinemas last year were SS and BvS. And this year the only film I've seen so far is WW. Thanks!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2017
efilimu:
Okay, thanks for the input. It seems I let my personal opinion get in the way. I will take note of this when writing next time and try to remain as objective as possible. Kryptonian also said the same thing.
But I don't hate the DCEU. My dislike for Snyder's work doesn't mean I hate the DCEU. The only 2 films I saw in the cinemas last year were SS and BvS. And this year the only film I've seen so far is WW. Thanks!

I hope to see the changes, kudos
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
That's the summary of what DCEU stands for so far!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Happy birthday to Jason 'Aquamoa' Momoa.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
Flying bullet shell. Only Snyder can do this!

#HailSnydra

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:12am On Aug 04, 2017
Just released, the new theatrical version of Justice league trailer with new dialogues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpvBzrMbDt0

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:53am On Aug 06, 2017
Seriously, Wonder woman could hit 800 million $ at the box office.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 7:35am On Aug 06, 2017
Minemrys:
Seriously, Wonder woman could hit 800 million $ at the box office.
With Japan box office, Wonder Woman should end between $804 and 808 million eventually.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2017
740megawatts:

With Japan box office, Wonder Woman should end between $804 and 808 million eventually.
i hope so. But if it passes BvS or gets close to it, it would be a mega hit.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:47am On Aug 06, 2017
Minemrys:

i hope so. But if it passes BvS or gets close to it, it would be a mega hit.

Wonder Woman has gat nothing on BVS. $73 million is a lot of money. Not even Japanese market can deliver that!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2017
TonySpike:

Wonder Woman has gat nothing on BVS. $73 million is a lot of money. Not even Japanese market can deliver that!
lol, it can't. But what if Aquaman does?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2017
Minemrys:

lol, it can't. But what if Aquaman does?

Aquaman is going to be the first movie to apply undersea CGI technology in this modern era. Thanks to Snyder's Justice League trailers, we have seen how glorious this technology will turn out. I have high expectations for Aquaman, being the only DCEU movie in 2018. I can't predict how much it will earn as we still have a long way to December 2018. I heard Bumblebee has been placed on the same day as Aquaman, transformers always daring Warner Bros!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
TonySpike:

Aquaman is going to be the first movie to apply undersea CGI technology in this modern era. Thanks to Snyder's Justice League trailers, we have seen how glorious this technology will turn out. I have high expectations for Aquaman, being the only DCEU movie in 2018. I can't predict how much it will earn as we still have a long way to December 2018. I heard Bumblebee has been placed on the same day as Aquaman, transformers always daring Warner Bros!
transformers franchise thats dying? Thats how disney tried wonder woman by releasing cars 3 close to it. And lets n0t forget The mummy starring Tom Cruise.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by efilimu(m): 9:39am On Aug 07, 2017
Minemrys:

transformers franchise thats dying? Thats how disney tried wonder woman by releasing cars 3 close to it. And lets n0t forget The mummy starring Tom Cruise.
I agree with you. I don't think Warner has anything to fear from the Bumblebee spinoff. The interest in the transformers franchise is waning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.