Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226960 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2017
dhex:

Watchmen made money in the box office and a tonne more in merchandise sale, its one of wb best investments

No it didn't
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2017
By the way, Watchmen was released as R-rated movie in 2009. Until recent box office breakthroughs by Deadpool and Logan , R-rated comic book movies are not your typical money spinners at the box-office. But Watchmen today is increasingly becoming a cult classic too.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 9:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
Kingrapha:

No it didn't
Okay, if you say so
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
Kingrapha:

Seriously is this a joke..... Pls

Sir Ridley scott
Steven Spielberg
Christopher Nolan
Martin Scorsese
Quentin Tarantino
David fincher
Clint Eastwood
Francis Ford Coppola
Woody Allen
J.J Abrams.
Quentin Tarantino
Guy Ritchie
Robert Zemeckis
M. Night Shyamalan
Frank Darabont

Dafuq is wrong with this thread and its snyderbots the dude doesnt have an oscar and not one universally successful movie and suddenly he is the third? Can you hear yourself...hell even matt reeves, james wan, joss whedon, Matthew Vaughn are all better directors than snyder... Seriously

I'm sitting on the fence here but ur argument was flawed with the Oscar point
how's long did it take Di Caprio to win, in the days he was without one, did it make him any less of actors with Oscar? c'mon!

awards are political, it has always been
personal take is the only opinion that matters is that of movie goers and there ll never b a consensus, so neither right not wrong, it's all about perception
u like witty comedic CBM fine, you don't? fine
u like dark and drama CBM, fine, you dont? fine
dnt belittle anybody's opinion just cos it differs from urs.
it's not a must to see eye to eye on things

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2017
Posman:

I'm sitting on the fence here but ur argument was flawed with the Oscar point
how's long did it take Di Caprio to win, in the days he was without one, did it make him any less of actors with Oscar? c'mon!

awards are political, it has always been
personal take is the only opinion that matters is that of movie goers and there ll never b a consensus, so neither right not wrong, it's all about perception
u like witty comedic CBM fine, you don't? fine
u like dark and drama CBM, fine, you dont? fine
dnt belittle anybody's opinion just cos it differs from urs.
it's not a must to see eye to eye on things
check imdb list of directors..... I dont have strength to argue again...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 1:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingrapha:

No it didn't
It made back its budget and then some. So did Legend of The Guardians. Name a Snyder movie that didn't make its budget back
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingrapha:
check imdb list of directors..... I dont have strength to argue again...

like I said, only opinions that matter is that of the movie goers
anybody can make a list, everybody's preference is diff and no, u can't rate directors or actors based on number of Oscars won.
so if i just say my top 3 CBM is MOS, JL and Fantastic 4, you can't question that or say I'm wrong to choose based on the fact that it's not in agreement with your preference.
that's his top 3, you have ur top3
but if u allow what someone else wrote influence ur opinion, then it further buttresses Tony Spike 's comment on movie critic influencing movie goers, form ur own opinion based on personal conviction.

you don't like a movie doesn't mean someone else shldnt
I bet marvel fanboys will rated age of Ultron next to CA:WS, and if u don't, it's all good.
cos it doesn't conform with popular opinion doesn't make it wrong, the earlier we all start thinking in this route the better.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kaycee7:
It made back its budget and then some. So did Legend of The Guardians. Name a Snyder movie that didn't make its budget back
making back budget does not cover promotional costs...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
Posman:

like I said, only opinions that matter is that of the movie goers
anybody can make a list, everybody's preference is diff and no, u can't rate directors or actors based on number of Oscars won.
so if i just say my top 3 CBM is MOS, JL and Fantastic 4, you can't question that or say I'm wrong to choose based on the fact that it's not in agreement with your preference.
that's his top 3, you have ur top3
but if u allow what someone else wrote influence ur opinion, then it further buttresses Tony Spike 's comment on movie critic influencing movie goers, form ur own opinion based on personal conviction.

you don't like a movie doesn't mean someone else shldnt
I bet marvel fanboys will rated age of Ultron next to CA:WS, and if u don't, it's all good.
cos it doesn't conform with popular opinion doesn't make it wrong, the earlier we all start thinking in this route the better.
Zack is not one of the best directors in Hollywood and thats fact put to him above Spielberg, nolan and ridley is just silly... Nuff about this we all know the truth
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingrapha:
Zack is not one of the best directors in Hollywood and thats fact put to him above Spielberg, nolan and ridley is just silly... Nuff about this we all know the truth

Bro it really is a matter of opinion.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Kingrapha:

ok, my top 3 best Hollywood directors are:
1. Zack
2. Ben Affleck
3. Nolan

come and beat me
RESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINION
list of best directors varies according to author of the list
there is no consensus on who is the best, even on IMDb, different authors diff list
c'mon man!

if he thinks Zack is in his top 3 and he's not in ur top 500, let it rest.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
waywardpikin:

Bro it really is a matter of opinion.

thank you
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
Beautiful faces of Batfleck

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
Posman:

ok, my top 3 best Hollywood directors are:
1. Zack
2. Ben Affleck
3. Nolan

come and beat me
RESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINION
list of best directors varies according to author of the list
there is no consensus on who is the best, even on IMDb, different authors diff list
c'mon man!

if he thinks Zack is in his top 3 and he's not in ur top 500, let it rest.
oh yeah zacks the best with great misunderstood masterpieces and other understood masterpieces are BS , oh incredible hulk is the best MCU movie , and clooney is best live action batman, oh what did i forget? Catwoman is a better origin movie than man of steel , i guess is all about opinion tho...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
TonySpike:
Beautiful faces of Batfleck
the tactical suit looks lit
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 3:24am On Aug 17, 2017
Robert zemeckis will be perfect for flashpoint

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2017
+++FLASHPOINT++++

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2017
Kingrapha:
+++FLASHPOINT++++

I don't think the storyline will be the same though.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:18am On Aug 17, 2017
TonySpike:

you think they will go with the injustice storyline to explain the knightmare sequence?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2017
TonySpike:

i think it would but with some twists. I wish Snyder would direct it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Posman(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kingrapha:
oh yeah zacks the best with great misunderstood masterpieces and other understood masterpieces are BS , oh incredible hulk is the best MCU movie , and clooney is best live action batman, oh what did i forget? Catwoman is a better origin movie than man of steel , i guess is all about opinion tho...

Whatever rocks ur boat
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kingrapha:
making back budget does not cover promotional costs...
yes it does
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Just saw this BVS featurette on Youtube for the first time ever. It really explains a lot of the creative decisions taken by DCEU in BVS. I am actually much more impressed after watching this video. Geoff Johns was actually interviewed in this featurette also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDhbfZkKDoM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
True...lol

#StoryContinuity #HailSnydra

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
Sacrificial deaths in DCEU. Who's next in Justice League?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
TonySpike:
Sacrificial deaths in DCEU. Who's next in Justice League?
for jl i think silas stone will die
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
Kingrapha:
for jl i think silas stone will die

I think so too but I heard rumours that Cyborg's story was lightened up. So, it is most likely that Silas Stone might be alive for the Cyborg movie.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
TonySpike:

I think so too but I heard rumours that Cyborg's story was lightened up. So, it is most likely that Silas Stone might be alive for the Cyborg movie.
nah. The actor signed a 3 picture deal...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
**********COPIED******* DCEU LEAKS REDDIT

SPOILER ALERT!!
DCEU FANBOY NATION! Lol. Take it with a Grain of Salt.
So I had the greatest night last night, I seen JUSTICE LEAGUE!!! Yes de Justice League movie, directed by Zack Snyder, that one! Quick story about how I seen it. I attend private screenings for movies, since 2014. I love both DC & Marvel but my heart belongs to DC. The first private screening I attended was for a movie called ''The Imitation Game''. Since then I've attended screenings for Rogue One, Age Of Ultron, Logan Lucky, Annabelle: Creation, Lego Batman etc... I never got to attend a screening of BVS or SS but I did get to attend a screening for WW in February. Anyways enough about me, you want to hear about the movie. But before I give the best description I can possibly give for those who don't want spoilers here is my quick mini review. Justice League is probably my favorite comic book movie. Now onto the description:
The film begins on Themyscira with a young Diana, her mother Hippolyta tells her one of her old war stories(similar to WW). We cut to the ''History Lesson'' while Hippolyta narrates. Humans, amazons, thanagarians, atlanteans, Kara El & the corps fight alongside each other to fight off Darkseid's army. Kara is wearing Superman's black suit with the silver symbol, I don't know who the actress is. After Darkseid's army is defeated they retreat. Just when everyone begins to celebrate their victory a boom tube sucks up Kara. We cut to present day. It has been 4 months since the death of Superman, together the world pays tribute(London, Hong Kong, DC, Metropolis). Everyone lays flowers at Superman's grave in Washington, his headstone is a big \S/. A mother loses her kid, calling out for him. When she finds him he's standing at the grave in awe, he's dressed as Superman. That night several people light candles around the grave while Martha watches it on the news. In Metropolis Lois gets a taxi to the broken Superman memorial, she stares at the statue's head. This scene in particular with Lois was very emotional. She has flashbacks of Clark(The end of MOS when he joins the Daily Planet and they both smile, a scene where Clark is asleep and Lois kisses him before she leaves) all while we hear Clark say ''I love you. This is my world, you are my world''. You can hear the slow version of the MOS theme playing. We cut to the scene of Bruce on a horse searching for the village. Once there he talks to Arthur. Arthur turns down his offer etc... We follow Arthur back to his home, a lighthouse. WW is in London at an auction, her job is dealing with old artifacts and paintings. It is there where she buys the statue of Hera. Diana is a very rich & successful woman. She lives in Paris but also has an apartment in London. The Hera statue is not for work but for her apartment, her apartment is seen in the trailer. Her apartment is very old fashion, a fountain, other greek statues etc... There is a news report of a hold up at the Old Bailey, a dangerous mob boss is on trial and he's attempting to escape. It's an inside job too(security guards are involved), they have a bomb and threaten the hostages. Diana shows up as WW and takes them out but the bomb still goes off, luckily no one was hurt. Bruce is watching the aftermath on the news while in his private jet back to Gotham. We cut to Victor Stone in his dad's apartment, we see flashbacks of his origin. We cut to Batman staring at the scout ship. Just as he's about to leave he sees the bat signal. Batman talks with Commissioner Gordon, apparently Bats hasn't been around the last few weeks. Gordon questions Batman's ways(branding criminals, killing them), Gordon says ''I know what you've experienced. You are at war with yourself, war changes people''. Batman disappears when Gordon turns his back. Diana takes a plane to Gotham and meets Bruce in his new lair where the flying fox is. She accepts his offer to join the league. He gives her all the updates, when asked about Barry Allen(his file is seen on the computer) we cut to Barry visiting his dad in prison(an emotional moment). Iris is waiting for Barry outside and gives him a lift home(It's not like he needed it). Anyways this is where the Flash meets Batman scene occurs as seen in the trailers. Back to Aquaman. Deadly waves causes a small boat to crash into rocks. The captain?(are all boat owners called captains?) jumps onto the rocks as the boat sinks. He slips and hits his head on the rocks(knocking him unconscious). Aquaman shows up, carries him into the village. Takes a bottle of beer(It's on him scene). He walks back home to find Mera waiting for him. The Atlantis council has sent her to summon Arthur, his title as king is in jeopardy, Arthur says ''What if I don't want to be king?''. He goes with her. Back to Cyborg. He's at Gotham University(his old school), hiding under the bleachers watching his old team mates training for a game. He sees a girl running up to one of the team mates and kisses them, we cut to a flashback of Victor in a game with Coast City University. He lands a touchdown therefore winning the game. The girl was his girlfriend, she kisses him. Back to present day Diana greets Victor under the bleachers. She asks him to join. He calls it a curse, that it ruined his life & his dreams. He asks to be left alone, Diana leaves but says ''Your curse can help save lives''. On Themyscira Hippolyta stares at a sculpter of young Diana. The motherbox they protect starts going bonkers. Hippolyta senses danger so sends her best warriors to protect it, including herself. They believe the enemy will come in through the door. A boom tube opens in front of the motherbox, Steppenwolf arrives. A big fight between Steppenwolf and the amazons, Steppenwolf is the victor. He takes the motherbox as a boom tube sucks him up. In Atlantis Arthur stands(floats) before the council. The Atlantis court houses many artifacts including a motherbox. Orm(yes Orm) & Vulko are council members. Orm calls Arthur a surface dweller while Vulko defends him. One member says ''To be king you need to be with your people, not on the surface'' or something like that. Mera watches. Orm continues to put down Arthur but Mera swims in to defend him but the guards take her aside. Arthur starts to defend himself, explaining how it's a burden to be of both worlds yet not belong to either, that he has a mother he never met, that he's unsure if he can be a king. The motherbox starts going bonkers again, this time it lets out a shockwave that throws back several people and scaring fish nearby. Arthur checks on Mera. Steppenwolf arrives, after a quick encounter Aquaman is defeated and Steppenwolf leaves with the motherbox. Arthur swims to the grave of the first atlantean king, taking his armor and trident. Back in Gotham several scientists are kidnapped including Silas Stone(Cyborg's dad). Gordon actives the batsignal, Barry & Bruce notice it(Bruce calls Diana). Cyborg arrives home to find the place destroyed(It's where the parademon took his dad) and looks out the window to see the batsignal. On top of the GCPD the team talk to Gordon, Cyborg shows up, they all try to figure out what these creatures are. They find a nest in an underground tunnel on an Island, or at least hope to find one. Batman and WW give Cyborg & Flash a prep talk. Batman heads alone further into the tunnel with the help of his knightcrawler. Several parademons arrive. A big action set piece takes place, Steppenwolf shows up. The knightcrawler is destroyed. Using her bracelets WW causes a shockwave that floods the tunnel but Aquaman shows up to push it off. The tunnel starts to fall apart, the scientists(In one of the rooms) are freaking out but Silas tries to calm them down. A large piece of rubble is about to crush Silas but Cyborg saves him. Above the surface Gordon and the GCPD are waiting. Gordon thanks them for everything. He actually calls them ''Justice League'', Batman & Aquaman hate the name but Flash thinks it's cool. A parademon flies straight out of the underground tunnel, grabs onto Cyborg and flies away with him. Cyborg gets loose of the parademon and flies into the sky with it but flies straight back down and plummets it into the ground after Flash quickly gets everyone out of the way. The league goes to the batcave. Batman wants trust from them so he lets them in on a big secret. Bruce has the body of Superman(he's wearing the blue & red suit). Since Superman's death Bruce has had his body, he replaced it with a wax dummy. He tells them there is HOPE for Superman. He explains the science of Kal's suit(It's some kind of bio-suit), he explains that there are kryptonian scriptures all over the suit. He needs access to the scout ship, hoping to translate them. Batman breaks Luthor out of Arkham, well tbh the Arkham staff basically let him. Batman sneeks into the scout ship with Luthor. The reason Batman needs him is because the ship's AI only obeys Luthor. Luthor refuses to help, Batman breaks his finger, Luthor helps. A boom tube opens in the middle of Metropolis, several parademons arrive. WW, Arthur & Cyborg still in the batcave are made aware of this by Alfred. WW flies the batwing with Aquaman in it. Cyborg flies there. Barry is in a store having an awkward conversation with the store clerk. Parademons fly by and he quickly races out. Together the 4 of them bring the attention of the parademons to heroes park(Superman memorial, scout ship) where there's no civilians. Using the AI Luthor helps translate the scriptures(Batman has them written out). They defeat the creatures and Luthor is taken back to the asylum by Flash. Batman reads out the scriptures, basically the suit needs radiation. There's a device at Star Labs that was made to withstand the radiation of a nuke & the human motherbox. Cyborg brings them to Star Labs. This scene here confused me, I don't understand why the league had to tag along. Silas gives Victor the device and thanks the league for saving him and his friends. He has a touching moment with Victor and tells him ''I told you Victor, you're a hero''. Steppenwolf arrives with several parademons via boom tube, using the motherbox he creates a field around him and the scientists. He's tired of the league interfering so he uses Silas as an example and kills him. Cyborg walks through the field, quickly fights off Steppenwolf(dropping the motherbox). Steppenwolf retreats with the parademons who take the scientists again. Batman places the device on Superman's chest. He & the league go to the Batman's new lair from earlier with the motherbox in their possession. Diana asks Victor how he managed to walk through the field, he explains that he's made from one of them so it must be the reason. The motherbox he is made from automatically connects with the atlantean motherbox, it feeds him all sorts of information and using his red eye he protects images. Steppenwolf is from an alternate reality of Earth, another dimension referred to as Apokolips(Is it me or is this very similiar to Stranger Things?). It's the reason Steppenwolf knows Earth so well, how he was able to find Atlantis & Themyscira. The only way to access this dimension is via a motherbox(Apparently there are thousands of them). They want the scientists to create parademons. An image of Darkseid is protected(This is the only time we see him). The scene from the trailer of Bruce staring at a hologram of Superman isn't in the film, he's actually looking at Darkseid who by the way looks like the literal definition of a tyrant. Darkseid wishes to enter our Earth and make it his own. From our side you can open portals but you have to find access points. From the other side you can create boom tubes anywhere on Earth(probably more advanced motherboxes?). Using the 3 motherboxes Steppenwolf will combine them to create a portal big enough to bring over Darkseid's army. Cyborg finds an access point in an industrial town. Bruce informs Alfred. They head there via the flying fox, using the motherbox Cyborg creates a portal(it looks like a big blue electrical wall), because of the energy the flying fox loses control causing misfires as it's sucked into the portal but it doesn't close. Bruce manages to regain control and safely lands it on the other side. The alternate version of the town has red skies, is ruins and surrounded by skeletons. Nearby is Steppenwolf's tower, the scientists are there. Steppenwolf sends parademons to retrieve the motherboxes from the league. After a big fight with the league make their way to the tower(the batmobile is toast & the atlantean motherbox is returned to Steppenwolf). In the batcave Superman wakes up. He meets with Alfred who informs him on everything. Superman makes his way to the access point(we don't get a full look at him yet or hear him speak). Steppenwolf combines the 2 motherboxes, he sends a message to Darkseid, telling him only one motherbox remains. The league fight their way inside of the tower. Batman & Flash focus on saving the scientists while the rest face off against more parademons. After the creatures are defeated and the scientists are saved the league team up to face off against Steppenwolf. Steppenwolf looks at Cyborg and says something like ''I thought I was gonna have to come for you but you came to me''. After a big fight Steppenwolf is victor. He grabs hold of Cyborg and starts to transform the motherbox(sorta like a rubik's cube), slowly removing it from his body. But out of nowhere Superman flies in and punches him into the already two combined motherboxes, slowly destroying him. The league is in total shock and awe to which Superman replies ''Sorry I'm late''. Using the flying fox they enter their own world through the portal but not before Cyborg closes it. We then get that iconic JL style intro of the league walking towards the camera as shadows with the sun behind them. In the end everyone goes back to their own lives. Lois is at the Kent Farm with Martha. Clark arrives, this was a beautiful moment. Martha runs to Clark, hugs him and cries. Superman and Lois kiss, slowly levitating off the ground. He notices the wedding ring on her finger as they smile. Back at the new lair Bruce gives Flash a new suit, just as he leaves with it Superman enters the cave. He and Bruce have a conversation. Clark thanks him for saving his life while Bruce thanks him for inspiring him to become a better hero. They shake hands as Bruce welcomes him to the ''Hall Of Justice''. The end.
Overall I think it was a fun movie. There wasn't much Superman unfortunately but it was great to see him come back, I was a little disappointed he didn't have the black suit. The flying fox wasn't as awesome as I had hoped, Steppenwolf was pretty badass and there was no Deathstroke. The only scene in the movie I feel like was a forced set up was the Kara El scene, I'm guessing she's gonna be in MOS 2 or JL 2 but they went through alot of trouble to showcase her in that opening. Don't expect a giant amount of easter eggs or cameos because you won't get it. There was no post credits scene, if there is one they won't reveal it until official release so maybe we'll get some context to her scene or maybe a Deathstroke cameo? I'm still holding out hopes for that cameo. It's a pretty straightforward movie, obviously there's plot holes and every now & again you'll say ''Oh how convenient''. But I'm far from hating because no movie is perfect. Imo it's easily the best DC movie, I had so much fun with it and I'm positive you will too. It was definitely a rough cut(some unpolished effects, sample ost). I have no idea if this cut was pre reshoots or not. If the mods would like I could try and supply some proof but I have to be careful. I don't have any leaked images or nothing, they make you put your phones into little bags before hand.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 12:50am On Aug 19, 2017
Kingrapha:
**********COPIED******* DCEU LEAKS REDDIT

SPOILER ALERT!!
DCEU FANBOY NATION! Lol. Take it with a Grain of Salt.
So I had the greatest night last night, I seen JUSTICE LEAGUE!!! Yes de Justice League movie, directed by Zack Snyder, that one! Quick story about how I seen it. I attend private screenings for movies, since 2014. I love both DC & Marvel but my heart belongs to DC. The first private screening I attended was for a movie called ''The Imitation Game''. Since then I've attended screenings for Rogue One, Age Of Ultron, Logan Lucky, Annabelle: Creation, Lego Batman etc... I never got to attend a screening of BVS or SS but I did get to attend a screening for WW in February. Anyways enough about me, you want to hear about the movie. But before I give the best description I can possibly give for those who don't want spoilers here is my quick mini review. Justice League is probably my favorite comic book movie. Now onto the description:
The film begins on Themyscira with a young Diana, her mother Hippolyta tells her one of her old war stories(similar to WW). We cut to the ''History Lesson'' while Hippolyta narrates. Humans, amazons, thanagarians, atlanteans, Kara El & the corps fight alongside each other to fight off Darkseid's army. Kara is wearing Superman's black suit with the silver symbol, I don't know who the actress is. After Darkseid's army is defeated they retreat. Just when everyone begins to celebrate their victory a boom tube sucks up Kara. We cut to present day. It has been 4 months since the death of Superman, together the world pays tribute(London, Hong Kong, DC, Metropolis). Everyone lays flowers at Superman's grave in Washington, his headstone is a big \S/. A mother loses her kid, calling out for him. When she finds him he's standing at the grave in awe, he's dressed as Superman. That night several people light candles around the grave while Martha watches it on the news. In Metropolis Lois gets a taxi to the broken Superman memorial, she stares at the statue's head. This scene in particular with Lois was very emotional. She has flashbacks of Clark(The end of MOS when he joins the Daily Planet and they both smile, a scene where Clark is asleep and Lois kisses him before she leaves) all while we hear Clark say ''I love you. This is my world, you are my world''. You can hear the slow version of the MOS theme playing. We cut to the scene of Bruce on a horse searching for the village. Once there he talks to Arthur. Arthur turns down his offer etc... We follow Arthur back to his home, a lighthouse. WW is in London at an auction, her job is dealing with old artifacts and paintings. It is there where she buys the statue of Hera. Diana is a very rich & successful woman. She lives in Paris but also has an apartment in London. The Hera statue is not for work but for her apartment, her apartment is seen in the trailer. Her apartment is very old fashion, a fountain, other greek statues etc... There is a news report of a hold up at the Old Bailey, a dangerous mob boss is on trial and he's attempting to escape. It's an inside job too(security guards are involved), they have a bomb and threaten the hostages. Diana shows up as WW and takes them out but the bomb still goes off, luckily no one was hurt. Bruce is watching the aftermath on the news while in his private jet back to Gotham. We cut to Victor Stone in his dad's apartment, we see flashbacks of his origin. We cut to Batman staring at the scout ship. Just as he's about to leave he sees the bat signal. Batman talks with Commissioner Gordon, apparently Bats hasn't been around the last few weeks. Gordon questions Batman's ways(branding criminals, killing them), Gordon says ''I know what you've experienced. You are at war with yourself, war changes people''. Batman disappears when Gordon turns his back. Diana takes a plane to Gotham and meets Bruce in his new lair where the flying fox is. She accepts his offer to join the league. He gives her all the updates, when asked about Barry Allen(his file is seen on the computer) we cut to Barry visiting his dad in prison(an emotional moment). Iris is waiting for Barry outside and gives him a lift home(It's not like he needed it). Anyways this is where the Flash meets Batman scene occurs as seen in the trailers. Back to Aquaman. Deadly waves causes a small boat to crash into rocks. The captain?(are all boat owners called captains?) jumps onto the rocks as the boat sinks. He slips and hits his head on the rocks(knocking him unconscious). Aquaman shows up, carries him into the village. Takes a bottle of beer(It's on him scene). He walks back home to find Mera waiting for him. The Atlantis council has sent her to summon Arthur, his title as king is in jeopardy, Arthur says ''What if I don't want to be king?''. He goes with her. Back to Cyborg. He's at Gotham University(his old school), hiding under the bleachers watching his old team mates training for a game. He sees a girl running up to one of the team mates and kisses them, we cut to a flashback of Victor in a game with Coast City University. He lands a touchdown therefore winning the game. The girl was his girlfriend, she kisses him. Back to present day Diana greets Victor under the bleachers. She asks him to join. He calls it a curse, that it ruined his life & his dreams. He asks to be left alone, Diana leaves but says ''Your curse can help save lives''. On Themyscira Hippolyta stares at a sculpter of young Diana. The motherbox they protect starts going bonkers. Hippolyta senses danger so sends her best warriors to protect it, including herself. They believe the enemy will come in through the door. A boom tube opens in front of the motherbox, Steppenwolf arrives. A big fight between Steppenwolf and the amazons, Steppenwolf is the victor. He takes the motherbox as a boom tube sucks him up. In Atlantis Arthur stands(floats) before the council. The Atlantis court houses many artifacts including a motherbox. Orm(yes Orm) & Vulko are council members. Orm calls Arthur a surface dweller while Vulko defends him. One member says ''To be king you need to be with your people, not on the surface'' or something like that. Mera watches. Orm continues to put down Arthur but Mera swims in to defend him but the guards take her aside. Arthur starts to defend himself, explaining how it's a burden to be of both worlds yet not belong to either, that he has a mother he never met, that he's unsure if he can be a king. The motherbox starts going bonkers again, this time it lets out a shockwave that throws back several people and scaring fish nearby. Arthur checks on Mera. Steppenwolf arrives, after a quick encounter Aquaman is defeated and Steppenwolf leaves with the motherbox. Arthur swims to the grave of the first atlantean king, taking his armor and trident. Back in Gotham several scientists are kidnapped including Silas Stone(Cyborg's dad). Gordon actives the batsignal, Barry & Bruce notice it(Bruce calls Diana). Cyborg arrives home to find the place destroyed(It's where the parademon took his dad) and looks out the window to see the batsignal. On top of the GCPD the team talk to Gordon, Cyborg shows up, they all try to figure out what these creatures are. They find a nest in an underground tunnel on an Island, or at least hope to find one. Batman and WW give Cyborg & Flash a prep talk. Batman heads alone further into the tunnel with the help of his knightcrawler. Several parademons arrive. A big action set piece takes place, Steppenwolf shows up. The knightcrawler is destroyed. Using her bracelets WW causes a shockwave that floods the tunnel but Aquaman shows up to push it off. The tunnel starts to fall apart, the scientists(In one of the rooms) are freaking out but Silas tries to calm them down. A large piece of rubble is about to crush Silas but Cyborg saves him. Above the surface Gordon and the GCPD are waiting. Gordon thanks them for everything. He actually calls them ''Justice League'', Batman & Aquaman hate the name but Flash thinks it's cool. A parademon flies straight out of the underground tunnel, grabs onto Cyborg and flies away with him. Cyborg gets loose of the parademon and flies into the sky with it but flies straight back down and plummets it into the ground after Flash quickly gets everyone out of the way. The league goes to the batcave. Batman wants trust from them so he lets them in on a big secret. Bruce has the body of Superman(he's wearing the blue & red suit). Since Superman's death Bruce has had his body, he replaced it with a wax dummy. He tells them there is HOPE for Superman. He explains the science of Kal's suit(It's some kind of bio-suit), he explains that there are kryptonian scriptures all over the suit. He needs access to the scout ship, hoping to translate them. Batman breaks Luthor out of Arkham, well tbh the Arkham staff basically let him. Batman sneeks into the scout ship with Luthor. The reason Batman needs him is because the ship's AI only obeys Luthor. Luthor refuses to help, Batman breaks his finger, Luthor helps. A boom tube opens in the middle of Metropolis, several parademons arrive. WW, Arthur & Cyborg still in the batcave are made aware of this by Alfred. WW flies the batwing with Aquaman in it. Cyborg flies there. Barry is in a store having an awkward conversation with the store clerk. Parademons fly by and he quickly races out. Together the 4 of them bring the attention of the parademons to heroes park(Superman memorial, scout ship) where there's no civilians. Using the AI Luthor helps translate the scriptures(Batman has them written out). They defeat the creatures and Luthor is taken back to the asylum by Flash. Batman reads out the scriptures, basically the suit needs radiation. There's a device at Star Labs that was made to withstand the radiation of a nuke & the human motherbox. Cyborg brings them to Star Labs. This scene here confused me, I don't understand why the league had to tag along. Silas gives Victor the device and thanks the league for saving him and his friends. He has a touching moment with Victor and tells him ''I told you Victor, you're a hero''. Steppenwolf arrives with several parademons via boom tube, using the motherbox he creates a field around him and the scientists. He's tired of the league interfering so he uses Silas as an example and kills him. Cyborg walks through the field, quickly fights off Steppenwolf(dropping the motherbox). Steppenwolf retreats with the parademons who take the scientists again. Batman places the device on Superman's chest. He & the league go to the Batman's new lair from earlier with the motherbox in their possession. Diana asks Victor how he managed to walk through the field, he explains that he's made from one of them so it must be the reason. The motherbox he is made from automatically connects with the atlantean motherbox, it feeds him all sorts of information and using his red eye he protects images. Steppenwolf is from an alternate reality of Earth, another dimension referred to as Apokolips(Is it me or is this very similiar to Stranger Things?). It's the reason Steppenwolf knows Earth so well, how he was able to find Atlantis & Themyscira. The only way to access this dimension is via a motherbox(Apparently there are thousands of them). They want the scientists to create parademons. An image of Darkseid is protected(This is the only time we see him). The scene from the trailer of Bruce staring at a hologram of Superman isn't in the film, he's actually looking at Darkseid who by the way looks like the literal definition of a tyrant. Darkseid wishes to enter our Earth and make it his own. From our side you can open portals but you have to find access points. From the other side you can create boom tubes anywhere on Earth(probably more advanced motherboxes?). Using the 3 motherboxes Steppenwolf will combine them to create a portal big enough to bring over Darkseid's army. Cyborg finds an access point in an industrial town. Bruce informs Alfred. They head there via the flying fox, using the motherbox Cyborg creates a portal(it looks like a big blue electrical wall), because of the energy the flying fox loses control causing misfires as it's sucked into the portal but it doesn't close. Bruce manages to regain control and safely lands it on the other side. The alternate version of the town has red skies, is ruins and surrounded by skeletons. Nearby is Steppenwolf's tower, the scientists are there. Steppenwolf sends parademons to retrieve the motherboxes from the league. After a big fight with the league make their way to the tower(the batmobile is toast & the atlantean motherbox is returned to Steppenwolf). In the batcave Superman wakes up. He meets with Alfred who informs him on everything. Superman makes his way to the access point(we don't get a full look at him yet or hear him speak). Steppenwolf combines the 2 motherboxes, he sends a message to Darkseid, telling him only one motherbox remains. The league fight their way inside of the tower. Batman & Flash focus on saving the scientists while the rest face off against more parademons. After the creatures are defeated and the scientists are saved the league team up to face off against Steppenwolf. Steppenwolf looks at Cyborg and says something like ''I thought I was gonna have to come for you but you came to me''. After a big fight Steppenwolf is victor. He grabs hold of Cyborg and starts to transform the motherbox(sorta like a rubik's cube), slowly removing it from his body. But out of nowhere Superman flies in and punches him into the already two combined motherboxes, slowly destroying him. The league is in total shock and awe to which Superman replies ''Sorry I'm late''. Using the flying fox they enter their own world through the portal but not before Cyborg closes it. We then get that iconic JL style intro of the league walking towards the camera as shadows with the sun behind them. In the end everyone goes back to their own lives. Lois is at the Kent Farm with Martha. Clark arrives, this was a beautiful moment. Martha runs to Clark, hugs him and cries. Superman and Lois kiss, slowly levitating off the ground. He notices the wedding ring on her finger as they smile. Back at the new lair Bruce gives Flash a new suit, just as he leaves with it Superman enters the cave. He and Bruce have a conversation. Clark thanks him for saving his life while Bruce thanks him for inspiring him to become a better hero. They shake hands as Bruce welcomes him to the ''Hall Of Justice''. The end.
Overall I think it was a fun movie. There wasn't much Superman unfortunately but it was great to see him come back, I was a little disappointed he didn't have the black suit. The flying fox wasn't as awesome as I had hoped, Steppenwolf was pretty badass and there was no Deathstroke. The only scene in the movie I feel like was a forced set up was the Kara El scene, I'm guessing she's gonna be in MOS 2 or JL 2 but they went through alot of trouble to showcase her in that opening. Don't expect a giant amount of easter eggs or cameos because you won't get it. There was no post credits scene, if there is one they won't reveal it until official release so maybe we'll get some context to her scene or maybe a Deathstroke cameo? I'm still holding out hopes for that cameo. It's a pretty straightforward movie, obviously there's plot holes and every now & again you'll say ''Oh how convenient''. But I'm far from hating because no movie is perfect. Imo it's easily the best DC movie, I had so much fun with it and I'm positive you will too. It was definitely a rough cut(some unpolished effects, sample ost). I have no idea if this cut was pre reshoots or not. If the mods would like I could try and supply some proof but I have to be careful. I don't have any leaked images or nothing, they make you put your phones into little bags before hand.

To be honest, I'll be very disappointed if this is the real justice league script.
My reasons are ; the first act of this script looks similar to suicide squad ( jumping from one character to the other)
Additionally as a child justice league was my ultimate fantasy, even till today its still one of my guilty pleasures. With this in mind my dream justice league is supposed to include green lantern and John Jons. I understand that they can't be in the film, but let's look at superman. For crying out loud according to this script superman just had one punch in the whole movie, and it ended the movie. This is very frustrating and if this is really the movie I'll have to rate it low on imbd. And if rotten tomatoes should accept my application for reviews before then I'll still give it a bad rating.

Please understand that I'm a dc fan, but I cannot enjoy or support a justice league movie where superman has 2 scenes.. I just hope this is a joke cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 2:16am On Aug 19, 2017
AmuEwu:

To be honest, I'll be very disappointed if this is the real justice league script.
My reasons are ; the first act of this script looks similar to suicide squad ( jumping from one character to the other)
Additionally as a child justice league was my ultimate fantasy, even till today its still one of my guilty pleasures. With this in mind my dream justice league is supposed to include green lantern and John Jons. I understand that they can't be in the film, but let's look at superman. For crying out loud according to this script superman just had one punch in the whole movie, and it ended the movie. This is very frustrating and if this is really the movie I'll have to rate it low on imbd. And if rotten tomatoes should accept my application for reviews before then I'll still give it a bad rating.

Please understand that I'm a dc fan, but I cannot enjoy or support a justice league movie where superman has 2 scenes.. I just hope this is a joke cry
lol am not saying the leak is real because its probably not....lol.....but if it was you are going to put down a movie because it didn't have your fav. Character lol how does that sound? a movie should be judged in its ability to tell the story its conveying well..... If the story is one without supes and its done well then it deserves all the praise, you can't put a movie down because it not what you wanted, then you sound like a crybaby..... The leak is probably false but some part of it may be true who knows but I just posted it here for the sake of discussions,

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 5:42am On Aug 19, 2017
Kingrapha:
lol am not saying the leak is real because its probably not....lol.....but if it was you are going to put down a movie because it didn't have your fav. Character lol how does that sound? a movie should be judged in its ability to tell the story its conveying well..... If the story is one without supes and its done well then it deserves all the praise, you can't put a movie down because it not what you wanted, then you sound like a crybaby..... The leak is probably false but some part of it may be true who knows but I just posted it here for the sake of discussions,

Yeah I know that this is probably not real, and its just for discussion sake which we're doing.

By the way superman is not even my favourite hero. You won't believe me if I tell you that as a child I wanted to be batman, and till today I'm still in love with the dark knight. I only started liking superman from man of Steel, and probably that's why I want to see more of him.
Back to the case. The justice league I have always envisioned is not one in which superman would appear in two scenes to end the movie. I want to see him fly, suspend on the air, give orders and receive some beatings. That's part of the justice league I have always wanted to watch.

Personally I would rather wait 5 more years if that's what it will take to produce a good justice league movie, than to see my childhood dreams messed up before me.

I take God dey beg DC make them use their sense for this film

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.