Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226771 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2017
Minemrys:

So u are saying its hard for me to stop being a fan?

Exactimondo my nigga grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
waywardpikin:

Exactimondo my nigga grin grin
ok, if u say so. But in Captain Cold's voice: "observe..."
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Minemrys:

the media mistook what matt reeves said. Its still in the Dceu but WB is lo0king to create elsewhere world films with dc characters. And its n0t even a given yet as everything relies on JL doing well or n0t. If JL doesn't, they start afresh, if it does, you w0n't hear of else world m0vies again. Its just damage c0ntrol and PR to save face should JL fail. If u ask me, WB is trying to ruin the dceu. They did with suicide squad and bvs, n0w its JL. Notice how WW was well recieved becos they didn't meddle in things? N0w, they're meddling with JL. I tel u, its n0t Zack thats the problem, its WB. They are too reacti0nary. N0w, Eisenberg's scenes are going to be cut. If they c0ntinue with this, h0nestly i may end up n0t seeing justice league.

I don't know the plot, but I already know how this Justice league would end.

It will end in disappointment
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2017
Minemrys:

ok, if u say so. But in Captain Cold's voice: "observe..."

Remind me, what's the name of the person that created this thread in the first place?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2017
waywardpikin:

Remind me, what's the name of the person that created this thread in the first place?
uhm, s0me wayward guy i think?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
The Last 48 Hours Has Shown the Anti-DCEU Media Bias

Bloggers like to laugh and claim there isn’t one, and then go and call DC fans “assholes”, but the last 48 hours has shown that there is definitely an anti-DCEU bias in the movie reporting media. Anything even remotely negative, even if it’s completely untrue, is plastered everywhere with huge sensationalist headlines in order to try to fuel the “Marvel is great, DC is terrible” mindset so many film writers seem to have these days.

Just look at what has happened over the last two days:

1. News came out about a potential “Elseworlds” style Joker origin movie. Despite them doing a pretty cool origin idea in the comics that everyone seems to like (where there were three Jokers over history, explaining his different looks over the years), everyone swore that no one wants a Joker origin.

2. Then word came out about a Joker/Harley Quinn movie. Again, despite “Mad Love” being one of the single most popular graphic novels DC Comics has ever published, people claimed that no one would want a movie potentially based on that story.

3. The biggest example of an anti-DCEU frenzy in the media and social media came last night where people mis-construed comments by Matt Reeves in an interview to claim that The Batman wouldn’t be part of the DCEU and wouldn’t feature Affleck in the cowl. Things got so bad with that story, The Hollywood Reporter even had to delete part of their reporting and issue a correction. Today Matt Reeves confirmed the movie is set in the DCEU, but it won’t be filled with Justice League cameos. It’s a Batman movie, not a crossover.

The last 48 hours has shown, in particular the Batman story, that it doesn’t matter if a DCEU story is completely false; if it makes DC look bad people will slobber all over it and spread it far and wide. The sensationalist headlines get all the clicks and social engagement, while the eventual retraction will get ignored.

DC fans aren’t “assholes”. Bloggers are in their attempt to fuel some stupid Marvel vs DC war just for website clicks and Twitter shares.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:37am On Aug 25, 2017
@kingrapha, to cap it all, the shit is about to hit the fan. A lot of closet marvel critics have already written down their bad reviews against Justice League premiere. Snyder can and will never make a great film according to them!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
Kingrapha:
The Last 48 Hours Has Shown the Anti-DCEU Media Bias

Bloggers like to laugh and claim there isn’t one, and then go and call DC fans “assholes”, but the last 48 hours has shown that there is definitely an anti-DCEU bias in the movie reporting media. Anything even remotely negative, even if it’s completely untrue, is plastered everywhere with huge sensationalist headlines in order to try to fuel the “Marvel is great, DC is terrible” mindset so many film writers seem to have these days.

Just look at what has happened over the last two days:

1. News came out about a potential “Elseworlds” style Joker origin movie. Despite them doing a pretty cool origin idea in the comics that everyone seems to like (where there were three Jokers over history, explaining his different looks over the years), everyone swore that no one wants a Joker origin.

2. Then word came out about a Joker/Harley Quinn movie. Again, despite “Mad Love” being one of the single most popular graphic novels DC Comics has ever published, people claimed that no one would want a movie potentially based on that story.

3. The biggest example of an anti-DCEU frenzy in the media and social media came last night where people mis-construed comments by Matt Reeves in an interview to claim that The Batman wouldn’t be part of the DCEU and wouldn’t feature Affleck in the cowl. Things got so bad with that story, The Hollywood Reporter even had to delete part of their reporting and issue a correction. Today Matt Reeves confirmed the movie is set in the DCEU, but it won’t be filled with Justice League cameos. It’s a Batman movie, not a crossover.

The last 48 hours has shown, in particular the Batman story, that it doesn’t matter if a DCEU story is completely false; if it makes DC look bad people will slobber all over it and spread it far and wide. The sensationalist headlines get all the clicks and social engagement, while the eventual retraction will get ignored.

DC fans aren’t “assholes”. Bloggers are in their attempt to fuel some stupid Marvel vs DC war just for website clicks and Twitter shares.

Have the critics been harsh on DCEU ? The answer is HELL YES

But the truth is that most people, including hardcore comic book fans don't want to see a Joker's origin film

Hell even Christopher Nolan refused to tell us about the Joker's origin. Like i said before, in The Dark Knight there was absolutely no background story about the Joker. They didn't even give him a name. Unlike in Suicide squad where they showed us hints of his origin and they where also calling him ''Mr Jay" ......... And now between those two films, which one ended up better.

Let me deviate from superheroes a bit. The truth is that most people don't want to know about the origin of the bad guy, they only want to know that the bad guy was conquered. Let me give you an example.
We have lots of films about the heroes e.g Chris Kyle (American Sniper), Alan Turin ( The Imitation Game) and many more. Have you wondered why there's no film about Osama Bin Laden.(He is even a bigger Legend than most people that have gotten their own films). I don't mean a film about how he was conquered, but a film about what made him the terrorist master mind that he turned out to be. The answer is because most people do not want to understand or sympathize with him.

Now back to the Joker. This is the same logic that applies to the Joker, most people prefer him as a guy of mystery. Let's face it, the Joker's mysterious past is one of his biggest lures. What exactly do you think makes the Joker the most popular super villain ? He has no super powers, he's not trying to take over the world like most other villains, he can't even win in a fist to fist combat with any hero. But still he is the most feared. The reason is because you can't predict him and this is what makes him special.

As far as i'm concerned WB and DCEU are doing a lot of things wrong. They know that Batman is their biggest money spinner, so they have decided to make everything about Batman to have its own film( They're literally milking the character to the last, and very soon there'll be nothing special about Batman anymore)
Today you'll hear of Harley Quinn movie( Gotham City Sirens), the next day its Joker origin movie, the very next day Nightwing movie, the following day Joker and Harley Quinn (Mad Love), and we still have a Gotham TV show running.

Please whats the meaning of that, is that how films are produced, when you have the most popular superheroes on the planet.
You can hardly hear of the Flash movie, or Man of Steel 2, instead its Harley Quinn and every thing related to Batman. It hardly makes any sense. So what happens to other heroes, or their fans do not deserve to see their own movie.

One of the best ways to out wit your competitors is to forget about your competitors and focus to be exceptionally good at what you do. The humble truth is that WB has not been good with DCEU. Just look at what they're doing with Justice league. Till now, i doubt they know how JL would end. If the ending scenes of JL turns out to be the convoluted mess many are expecting, they'll blame ''marvel critics''.

Tell me is it ''marvel critics'' that have been responsible for WB cutting out important scenes from their movies, is it marvel critics that made Batman turn into a spree killer in BvS. Is it marvel critics that made the phenomenal Joker a mere gangster in Suicide squad ? Believe me WB and DCEU have alot of problems, but the least of them is marvel critics.

They should just focus on what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
^^^
Although, I agreed with many of your thoughts above. Somehow, your second to the last paragraph is very debatable. The creative choices in the current DCEU is heavily inspired by Frank Miller's and Nolan's Dark knight. We might say the audience felt that it wsd rather too serious and broody. Batman, for example, had 20 years of history between Dark Knight and BVS. He was in the darkest moment of his life, an angry and frustrated crime fighter. There's a video in the previous page where these choices were explained. As for gangster Joker, I never got to see much of him in SS. Perhaps, if WB had left his scenes intact, I will have something to say.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
Batman and Harvey Quinn, has anyone watched that animated live action yet?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Fuckusernamesjor(m): 12:25am On Aug 27, 2017
Please check out my post on why I think the DCEU is hated

https://barnabasoyarero..com.ng/2017/08/why-does-media-hate-dceu.html
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 1:41am On Aug 29, 2017
Alfred actually said you..... Am thinking everyone dies and flash run back in time..... Lois is the key? ...... I think he learns he can time travel during the course of the movie and he does it in the end..... It could set up flashpoint... Guys what are your thoughts

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by GreatEvilBeast(m): 9:28am On Aug 29, 2017
Gotham has done a good job explaining the jokers origin story
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2017
Kingrapha:
Alfred actually said you..... Am thinking everyone dies and flash run back in time..... Lois is the key? ...... I think he learns he can time travel during the course of the movie and he does it in the end..... It could set up flashpoint... Guys what are your thoughts

Everybody dies shocked shocked

I somehow love the idea. I want to feel that the heroes are in real danger, and not fighting for sports or exercise.

But I don't think this would happen. This is as dark as a superhero movie can get, and at this point I doubt WB would accept this kind of idea
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:14am On Aug 29, 2017
AmuEwu:

Everybody dies shocked shocked

I somehow love the idea. I want to feel that the heroes are in real danger, and not fighting for sports or exercise.

But I don't think this would happen. This is as dark as a superhero movie can get, and at this point I doubt WB would accept this kind of idea
I'll love if that happens it just fan theory for now, but imagine it the league was useless against Steppen wolf and imagine them against darksied, it would be a clear marker of the difference btw the DCEU and the mcu.... Come to think of it, steppen wolf did kill superman batman and wonder woman of Earth 2 in the comics...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 10:18am On Aug 29, 2017
TonySpike:
Batman and Harvey Quinn, has anyone watched that animated live action yet?
you mean that Bruce timm's disaster
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Kingrapha:
I'll love if that happens it just fan theory for now, but imagine it the league was useless against Steppen wolf and imagine them against darksied, it would be a clear marker of the difference btw the DCEU and the mcu.... Come to think of it, steppen wolf did kill superman batman and wonder woman of Earth 2 in the comics...
I doubt WB is willing to do dark themes again...lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
TonySpike:

I doubt WB is willing to do dark themes again...lol
shame tho.... What's you thought on Alfred saying you said you'll come?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:30pm On Aug 29, 2017
Kingrapha:

I have seen different theories. But a zoomed view of that scene showed that the shoulder of whomever it is, is red. This leaves us with either superman, supergirl or flash since they all have red shoulders. However, some theories believe there might be more than one person that appeared to Alfred.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2017
Kingrapha:

On a second thought, it could be a green lantern in the person of Kilowog. He has a red body and shoulder also...just saying!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2017
TonySpike:

On a second thought, it could be a green lantern in the person of Kilowog. He has a red body and shoulder also...just saying!
1. That shoulder doesn't lo0k broad or big, and d0n't forget kilowog is a big guy.
2. Its clearly a cape seeing as its blurry.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by xtin007(m): 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
Minemrys:

1. That shoulder doesn't lo0k broad or big, and d0n't forget kilowog is a big guy.
2. Its clearly a cape seeing as its blurry.

I'm thinking either Superman or Aquaman(wearing a red jacket or something) also because by the look of things he will be the last member to agree to join the league so it makes sense for batman to know he might show up.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2017
xtin007:

I'm thinking either Superman or Aquaman(wearing a red jacket or something) also because by the look of things he will be the last member to agree to join the league so it makes sense for batman to know he might show up.
that shoulder l0oks like that of a w0man, and d0n't forget jas0n m0m0a's a big guy with straight up shoulders.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:38am On Sep 01, 2017
I just read that Greg Berlanti is in charge of Titans. Why would they give that SJW guy another series to destroy? He has ruined all DC series with LGBT themes except The Flash. What da heck?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by xtin007(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2017
Minemrys:

that shoulder l0oks like that of a w0man, and d0n't forget jas0n m0m0a's a big guy with straight up shoulders.

At this point, it can be anyone either a man or woman, WB sure is teasing fans with this scene, making it feel as if its Superman. Don't u think that feels kinda predictable some how? Anyway it might just end up being Supergirl at the end.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by xtin007(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2017
TonySpike:
I just read that Greg Berlanti is in charge of Titans. Why would they give that SJW guy another series to destroy? He has ruined all DC series with LGBT themes except The Flash. What da heck?

I don't even see why WB would want to do a Teen Titans series, why not make it a movie and let it be part of the DCEU.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
TonySpike:
who cares abt a titans series? They're just creating a superhero fatigue.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by morsadh(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
efilimu:
60% on RT means mediocre reviews: almost same situation with MOS

You mean, mixed...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 2:40am On Sep 02, 2017
Minemrys:

who cares abt a titans series? They're just creating a superhero fatigue.
speak for yourself brother...... Nightwing is my favourite comic book character so I'm hyped...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:11am On Sep 02, 2017
I don't like Greg Berlanti's cheesy style of movies and series. I heard he is also in charge of Black Lightening. It was him and and Geoff Johns that messed up Green Lantern in 2011.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2017
Brand new picture update for Justice League.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.